Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Fear The Chip

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Fear The Chip

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm

And now, the triumphant return of... COLT MCCOY?

From Will Burge:

Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

I'm good w/ Chip. Not so w/ Colt, unless we're in Teddy '14 mode.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Now I have a Kelly coaching both my teams. Trust me, Kelly's are really fucking smart. This is a good thing.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Also, Grossi says Lombardi has basically been involved since AUGUST. Kinda driving things in a way.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby NoWearMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

What is amazing about the roof here in seattle is how it looks amazingly like blue sky. great looking roof. yep. nice roof.

NoWearMan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:27 pm

^^Dafuq you talking about?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby NoWearMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 pm

What i am talking about is this:

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:

Sideline snatch and a roof like Seattle's for some noise, too

(sorry, i am not savvy enough to do the quote thing the proper way)
NoWearMan

Unread postby NoWearMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm

i am a damn double posting moron.
NoWearMan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Jeez, you can't expect me to remember stuff from, like, 8 posts ago.

Who do you think I am? Alfred Einstein?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 pm

NoWearMan wrote:What is amazing about the roof here in seattle is how it looks amazingly like blue sky. great looking roof. yep. nice roof.

I believe that big arc-thing in the middle of the picture that is over the upper deck that deflects noise back onto the field is the roof thing FMB was talking about.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:And now, the triumphant return of... COLT MCCOY?

From Will Burge:

Source in #Browns organization told me that just over a week ago Colt McCoy was told by Joe Banner he is "in the next head coach's plans"

Cutting his ass is part of a plan.

I don't want the guy even on the team next year, much less starting.
Hikohadon

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

From Will Burge:

Tend to agree.

BTW: Your boy Fedor ;) claiming Boyd or, in middle rounds, EJ Manuel possible picks.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby rbm0183 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

From Will Burge:

Tend to agree.

BTW: Your boy Fedor ;) claiming Boyd or, in middle rounds, EJ Manuel possible picks.

Chris Fedor is the biggest know-nothing tool on WKNR, despite stiff competition. Which makes him the biggest know-nothing tool on the planet. And I'm with Hiko on one thing: Fedor liking Kelly so much is very scary. This is the same jackass that has continued to insist that Jimmy Clausen could be a quality NFL starter if he gets another chance.
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
rbm0183

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

rbm0183 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

From Will Burge:

Tend to agree.

Chris Fedor is the biggest know-nothing tool on WKNR, despite stiff competition. Which makes him the biggest know-nothing tool on the planet. And I'm with Hiko on one thing: Fedor liking Kelly so much is very scary. This is the same jackass that has continued to insist that Jimmy Clausen could be a quality NFL starter if he gets another chance.

In truth, he's off of Clausen; just jokes about it now. Kolb, OTOH... :bunny:

BTW: I'm going for Tajh Boyd. Geno Smith IS a safer pick, but I think Boyd has more upside. More downside too, but oh well.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

If you go with Colt as the starter you pretty much lock in on the #1 draft spot in 2014. Johnny Football can certainly run the read-option.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby rbm0183 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:
rbm0183 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

From Will Burge:

Tend to agree.

In truth, he's off of Clausen; just jokes about it now. Kolb, OTOH... :bunny:

BTW: I'm going for Tajh Boyd. Geno Smith IS a safer pick, but I think Boyd has more upside. More downside too, but oh well.

I can't stand to listen to him, so I didn't know he finally cooled on Jimmy.

The Kolb thing is bad enough, though.
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
rbm0183

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone suggesting Geno Smith should be shot on sight
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Anyone suggesting Geno Smith Needs racial profiling correction courses....

Because, well, that is the only reason anyone would try and convey that Geno Smith can run (even a little bit).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:BTW: I'm going for Tajh Boyd. Geno Smith IS a safer pick, but I think Boyd has more upside. More downside too, but oh well.

Geno Smith: Just Say No. If Boyd opts for the NFL draft, he's a third- or maybe fourth-round pick. No higher. Chances of improving the QB position through the draft: slim.

Hanford Dixon on the radio tonight said, "With Kelly, you're not getting an offensive system, you're getting a mind." If that's true, maybe the new coach can devise an offense that will take full advantage of the QB(s) already on the roster. Sure would simplify some of the things that posters to this board insist on making difficult.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 pm

jerryroche wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:BTW: I'm going for Tajh Boyd. Geno Smith IS a safer pick, but I think Boyd has more upside. More downside too, but oh well.

Geno Smith: Just Say No. If Boyd opts for the NFL draft, he's a third- or maybe fourth-round pick. No higher. Chances of improving the QB position through the draft: slim.

Hanford Dixon on the radio tonight said, "With Kelly, you're not getting an offensive system, you're getting a mind." If that's true, maybe the new coach can devise an offense that will take full advantage of the QB(s) already on the roster. Sure would simplify some of the things that posters to this board insist on making difficult.

Agreed. Kelly is being hired for what he brings to the table. I'd expect an offense similar to what Pete Carroll is running in Seattle.

Unbelievably excited about Rumors Colt may end up being the starter just because the meltdown on this board already is happening. There's nothing I enjoy more than QB angst among fans and all the drama, hand-wringing and draft speculation it brings.

FTR: I root for the starting QB, don't care who it is. The only exception I ever made to this rule was DA after the Cincinnatti Meltdown of 2007.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

jerryroche wrote: If that's true, maybe the new coach can devise an offense that will take full advantage of the QB(s) already on the roster.

They've got that, it's called run the fucking football.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Anyone suggesting Geno Smith Needs racial profiling correction courses....

Because, well, that is the only reason anyone would try and convey that Geno Smith can run (even a little bit).

If you're creating quotes to suggest my reasons are racial shove it up your ass...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 pm

jerryroche wrote:

Every year has that guy that shoots up boards. This year it will be Tajh Boyd. I'll bet he ends up no later than the 2nd round. In fact I think he goes in the first.

If he's there in the third there's absolutely no reason not to roll the dice on him, considering what currently resides on this roster at QB.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:30 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

If you're creating quotes to suggest my reasons are racial shove it up your ass...

Not you old man, ha, the idiot that acted like Geno Smith was made to run the football, because that couldn't be anything but racial profiling.

Geno Smith is as athletic as The Ginger.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 pm

justmebd wrote:FTR: I root for the starting QB, don't care who it is. The only exception I ever made to this rule was DA after the Cincinnatti Meltdown of 2007.

FTR: I root for the starting QB, don't care who it is. The only exception I ever made to this rule was Colt after his birth, when he should've been gored by a bull.
Hikohadon

Unread postby andrew6586 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:FTR: I root for the starting QB, don't care who it is. The only exception I ever made to this rule was DA after the Cincinnatti Meltdown of 2007.

FTR: I root for the starting QB, don't care who it is. The only exception I ever made to this rule was Colt after his birth, when he should've been gored by a bull.

But then he never would have been able to bring his hot wife to Cleveland. Be thankful for what he has done for us.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby rbm0183 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

@AdamSchefter: As @mortreport, Chip Kelly wrapped up 7 hours of meeting with Browns. Kelly meeting tonight w/ Bills, Saturday w/ Eagles. Browns favored.

Still meeting with Bills & Eagles, so apparently nothing is finalized yet.
rbm0183

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am

Hikohadon wrote:

;-) ;) :wink:
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am

rbm0183 wrote:@AdamSchefter: As @mortreport, Chip Kelly wrapped up 7 hours of meeting with Browns. Kelly meeting tonight w/ Bills, Saturday w/ Eagles. Browns favored.

Still meeting with Bills & Eagles, so apparently nothing is finalized yet.

Kelly has said before he regretted not meeting with other teams last year. 5 hour meeting with a 2 hour dinner after is a pretty solid job interview. Sounds to me like they finished the interview and went out for drink/food and male bonding type shit. We'll know tomorrow evening.

GM is what scares me. Not Lombardi please. At least they are keeping Heck's player personel staff. I'd like that guy from SF. At least he can find a QB.

My early prediction for W-L next year...1 win. I'd say zero but that's actually pretty hard to do. Why? 'Cause tank for Johnny, that's why. And every coach gets one year to blow it up before the judgement begins.

Welcome to complete re-build 6.0 - at least this time it may work. All part of the master plan to contend in 2036.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 am

andrew6586 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

But then he never would have been able to bring his hot wife to Cleveland. Be thankful for what he has done for us.

She's here now. Kill him.

I haven't wanted something gone so much since virginity.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 am

Tanking for Manziel when he's entering his soph season would be delightfully browns-esqe. He'd return and we'd be stuck with some shtiff

I'd say most likely chance of him going would involve a NC, and that's always a crapshoot
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

motherscratcher wrote:Every year has that guy that shoots up boards. This year it will be Tajh Boyd. I'll bet he ends up no later than the 2nd round.

It's a prized position. People allow "what could be" to get in the way of "what is". He's ok. Geno Smith is ok. Right now, this Manziel kid is ok.

By default someone has to go #1. It's no coincidence that the first pick goes to a crappy team that doesn't have a QB. So they roll the dice in favor of "what could be". Desperate times and all.

I'm with Pup, draft a QB with every pick until you find one worth a damn. Because if there's one thing the past 10 years has taught us it's that having other good players won't get you more than 4 wins. And if there's anything the Colts have taught us this season it's that a good QB gets you to the playoffs.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 am

Hikohadon wrote:

I've long been an admirer of the Spartans...esp the part wher they leave the weak on a rock to be eaten by wolves :thumb up:

America needs more of that, like Patton said...."Kill off all the cowards and we will have a Nation of real men"

I dont give a rats ass who the QB is for the next couple years...I want Johnny Fucking Football baby
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:And if there's anything the Colts have taught us this season it's that a good QB gets you to the playoffs.

Yeah. They weren't as bad as their record last yr, though.

More to the point: last year, I thought it was commonly accepted they were teaching us what we already knew: purposeful, willful, strategically timed tanking will give you the choice of any player who declares for an NFL draft.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby bac5665 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 pm

See, I see the Colts and see the importance of good coaching. Under whatshisname, the guy before Pagano, Peyton did not look like his old self. The last few years after 2009 were not so good. Then Pagano/Ariens gets the team and, yes with Luck at the helm, they look better than in years.

As we've all been saying, probably need both the coach and the QB. But I don't know how anyone can look at the Colts and not see the need for a great coach
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:31 pm

If we're going to suck again anytime soon, like bottom of the gutter get the number 1 pick suck, 2013 is the year to do it. You can have your pick from a couple kids named Clowny or Johnny Football. With a guy named Chip as your coach you could probably start a comic strip as well.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Manziel not draft eligible till '15, no?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm

swerb wrote:Manziel not draft eligible till '15, no?

No, 2014. The rule is a player has to be out of high school for three years, not wait until after junior year.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm

swerb wrote:Manziel not draft eligible till '15, no?

He's a Redshirt frosh and eligible next draft
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm

And as @JayGlazer reported, Panthers and Browns have requested permission to interview Minnesota's George Paton for their GM jobs.

Looks like Lombardi won't be GM he could possibly be head of player personnel or scouting which is even more terrifying.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm

All over twitter that Kelly to Philly is just about done. We're going to end up with fucking Marrone, or whatever his name is.

Honest to God. Fuck this franchise.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Based on the way Chip is jerking around all these teams I'm beginning to think we may have dodged a bullet. Chip has a very difficult time making up his mind...not a good quality in a HC.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Can't even land the piece of crap jerkwad that he went all-in on?

Nice start, Jim Bob.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 pm

bookelly wrote:Based on the way Chip is jerking around all these teams I'm beginning to think we may have dodged a bullet. Chip has a very difficult time making up his mind...not a good quality in a HC.

You've got to be kidding.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
bookelly wrote:Based on the way Chip is jerking around all these teams I'm beginning to think we may have dodged a bullet. Chip has a very difficult time making up his mind...not a good quality in a HC.

See my avatar. Yes.

Smart move to get into a bidding war. Hear the price is 5 years and almost $60 million. Still think we land him. To much face lost if we don't.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Can't even land the piece of crap jerkwad that he went all-in on?

Nice start, Jim Bob.

This ^^^^

Sounds like Jimmah's just The Fish at the table

...and if Kelly goes to the Eagles it just reinforces my own opinion that Cleveland really is viewed as an undesireable wasteland
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Can't even land the piece of crap jerkwad that he went all-in on?

Nice start, Jim Bob.

This ^^^^

...and if Kelly goes to the Eagles it just reinforces my own opinion that Cleveland really is viewed as an undesireable wasteland

Because Philly is the Honolulu of the East coast. Have you seen Philly? Place is a total shit hole.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:52 pm

bookelly wrote:

Nice start, Jim Bob.

This ^^^^

Because Philly is the Honolulu of the East coast. Have you seen Philly? Place is a total shit hole.

Lol, is that supposed to make it better? He'd rather be in the total shit hole.

I'm not even pissed about Kelly not being the coach. Ok, yes I,am. But I'm more pissed about once again NOT getting "the guy"
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 pm

CBS reports done deal: Chip Kelly to Eagles for $65 million/5 years.

What the fuck?

EDIT: try not to trust everything you see on twitter. Nothing confirmed yet.
Last edited by bookelly on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm

bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

See my avatar. Yes.

Smart move to get into a bidding war. Hear the price is 5 years and almost $60 million. Still think we land him. To much face lost if we don't.

Jeesus...$12 mil per?! Good gracious.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just pissed off and that was the most "Cleveland" post imaginable. :cheers:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am

Well, IF they did "lose" him, then I should take heart, but failing to land the bad decision they went after so hard only means they failed on two fronts.

With a big chunk of Browns Nation already enamored with The Chipper, losing out on him is gonna make whomever they get the Brandon Weeden of coaching.

Who's the next big college coaching name, Jimmy? Maybe it's time for Spurrier to make another run? Or maybe Brian Kelly will take $12 mil per to travel a couple hours east on 90?

Or maybe it's time to throw the bank at Gruden. Gotta make a splash, big guy!

EDIT: The above is sarcasm. I'd rather have Doug Moron than Gruden.
Hikohadon

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL