Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ohio State - Louisville Next Year?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ohio State - Louisville Next Year?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Rumors on the public board at Rivals appeared to just be rumors but some real smoke is starting to appear.

Keep an eye out, because this would be a great addition to our complete and utter shit schedule next year.

EDIT: even with the smoke this is a huge long-shot at this point, just throwing it out there.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Ohio State - Louisville Next Year?

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Assuming Louisville will be ranked fairly high next year due to the Sugar Win, and a lot of returnees, that could be a great add. An early season win over a [highly?] ranked opponent just might get them to the top of the poll before conference season. [If they don't start there, which I don't think they will]

Won't hold my breath, but it sure would be nice.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

I listened to the Louisville postgame on the radio, and they were thinking a top-ten rank to start next season is a slam dunk. Possibly top-5. They are young, with even Bridgewater returning.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 pm

That team is Bridgewater and they need to ride him for all they can next year before he goes pro.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Isn't next year's schedule complete after they added SD State? Who does the rumor have Louisville replacing?
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:04 pm

No idea. But yeah, that is why this one is a long shot. Apparently ESPN is trying to pull some strings behind the scenes and get this to happen.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Hell WVU bought out of their FSU game this year in the like May, forcing FSU to have to scramble and bring in a 1-AA school in its place.

Anything can happen with those first 2 or 3 games, particularly with all the conference shuffling and money moves now.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Thought this was an early prediction for the National Championship Game next year.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 pm

I would be absolutely fine with Louisville replacing Florida A&M.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby furls » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm

That is a great game for viewers but I am not sure that it is a game that Buckeye fans should want. A great, young QB on a hungry, well coached team that early in the season against a D replacing pretty much everyone.... tOSU would have a good shot at dropping that game.

I am not saying that tOSU would lose that game, but I am saying that it is pretty much a perfect storm. Late in the season, that would be a fine game, but for a team that will be struggling to find its defensive identity? That would be a scary game.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 am

furls wrote:That is a great game for viewers but I am not sure that it is a game that Buckeye fans should want. A great, young QB on a hungry, well coached team that early in the season against a D replacing pretty much everyone.... tOSU would have a good shot at dropping that game.

I am not saying that tOSU would lose that game, but I am saying that it is pretty much a perfect storm. Late in the season, that would be a fine game, but for a team that will be struggling to find its defensive identity? That would be a scary game.

It would also be a great warm-up to facing Johnny Football in NCG
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Anybody have an update on this story
?
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 pm

no, as was originally stated just a very small bit of smoke (mostly ESPN digging around trying to make more money) and the odds of anything happening are very very slim.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Return to College Sports Arena