Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

STO sold to FOX

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

STO sold to FOX

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Per everyone - $230 Million. Will pay Indians $40 Mil per year for next 10 years (STO was netting $30). Plus $25 million from cable TV and the Indians will start each season with $65 Mil in the bank.

Forbes has the Indians ranked 4th in fan value at $64 per fan. Multiply that by last years attendance and you get just over $100 Mil. Obviously your operating costs are gonna eat into that but the Dolan's should clearly see at least 1/3 of that money goes into payroll. which gives us a number that hovers nicely and neatly at $100 Mil that we should have to spend. Considering we are at $65 million right now, we have a nice chunk of money left.

Now go out and sign Bourn. Ya cheap ass basterds. And a pitcher too! Or three! Or prepare for stern words hurled in your direction via the internet.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: STO sold to FOX

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Great news, let's hope it's not all stuffed into the billfold.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby pup » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 pm

When someone shows some evidence they were using STO $ to invest into the team, I will give some credence to the possibility they use the profits from selling STO to improve the team.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:44 pm

bookelly wrote:Per everyone - $230 Million. Will pay Indians $40 Mil per year for next 10 years (STO was netting $30). Plus $25 million from cable TV and the Indians will start each season with $65 Mil in the bank.

Forbes has the Indians ranked 4th in fan value at $64 per fan. Multiply that by last years attendance and you get just over $100 Mil. Obviously your operating costs are gonna eat into that but the Dolan's should clearly see at least 1/3 of that money goes into payroll. which gives us a number that hovers nicely and neatly at $100 Mil that we should have to spend. Considering we are at $65 million right now, we have a nice chunk of money left.

Now go out and sign Bourn. Ya cheap ass basterds. And a pitcher too! Or three! Or prepare for stern words hurled in your direction via the internet.

I never realized that STO was bringing the team 30m a year before. No wonder the Indians got Nick Swisher.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Spin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 pm

pup wrote:When someone shows some evidence they were using STO $ to invest into the team, I will give some credence to the possibility they use the profits from selling STO to improve the team.

Very highly unlikely (and possibly illegal) as they are two separate corporations. Just as the Cavs see no benefit from Quicken Loans/Lake Erie Monsters/Horseshoe profits.

Now the increase in broadcast fees, THAT should improve the Indians payroll.

should.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby pup » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Spin wrote:
pup wrote:When someone shows some evidence they were using STO $ to invest into the team, I will give some credence to the possibility they use the profits from selling STO to improve the team.

Very highly unlikely (and possibly illegal) as they are two separate corporations. Just as the Cavs see no benefit from Quicken Loans/Lake Erie Monsters/Horseshoe profits.

Now the increase in broadcast fees, THAT should improve the Indians payroll.

should.

If the owners are too dumb to funnel that money properly, I don't want them running a lemonade stand.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm

It would be the first lemonade stand with a $12 parking fee.....
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB