Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Per Adam Schefter twitter report.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-johnson?id=264

6'3" 200lbs

Very smooth in his retreat from center to his throwing point, demonstrating the slide-and-adjust agility to step up in the pocket or roll out to avoid pressure...Shows very good knee bend and the ability to weave through traffic, making a good effort to provide ball security before heading up field...Capable of handling the mental aspect of the game, as he makes all of the required reads and checks to excel in a pass-oriented offense...Won't hesitate to square his shoulders and drive his legs to gain tough yardage up the middle rather than passively head to the sidelines to avoid any contact...Doesn't force the ball into traffic and can keep defenses honest with his long-range arm strength or ability to weave in and out of traffic as a ball carrier...With his body control, agility and hip flexibility, he is quick driving back from center, doing a nice job of setting his feet in either 3-step or 5-step drops...Gets to his throwing point fluidly and has the balance to make all the throws on the run...Nimble and agile rolling out of the pocket and has the balance to step up and avoid pocket pressure...While patient waiting for the plays to develop, he is not the type who will hold on to the ball too long and then try to force the action to make the play, as he knows when he needs to throw the ball away...Demonstrates the compact delivery and throwing motion, along with the wrist flick, to get the ball out cleanly and quickly. He has a compact motion, holding the ball chest-high to execute a fluid three-quarter release...Seems more comfortable airing the ball out, rather than playing dink-and-dunk with a short-area passing game (accuracy is a bit off on screens, wheel routes)...Effective at throwing ropes 40 yards downfield with ease...Accurate throwing from the pocket and has the balance to also make those throws on the move...Consistent setting his feet and shows good mechanics delivering the ball on time...Likes to air the ball out more than stay underneath, as he knows how to get the ball to his targets in stride rather than have them wait or come back for it...Keeps his cool under pressure and knows that when all else fails, he has the feet to step up and avoid the pocket pressure...Stands tough under duress and shows confidence in his ability to execute the play...Patient waiting for plays to develop and does a very good job with ball security...Vocal on the field, demonstrating a little bit of Brett Favre with his bravado...Capable of getting big yardage with his feet and is a dangerous threat running with the ball...As a ballcarrier, he shows good strength and body lean to gain additional yardage after the initial hit and is conscious of protecting the ball and shielding it from the defenders...Builds to top acceleration nicely and is alert to coverages (won't run into spots too often)...Knows how to get the ball to his deep targets over their outside shoulder without the receiver having to adjust. Negatives: Needs to add more bulk and has just adequate height for a drop-back position, but does a good job of scanning the field and his mobility could be an asset in a spread offense...Must work on his timing a bit (needs to take a bit off those tosses to make it easier for the receiver to secure without having to adjust), but has the vision to scan the field and make good progression reads...Gets the ball through the throwing arc well and has a lively arm, but needs to learn how to vary his speed at times (puts too much zip on his short throws)...Has good arm strength, but when he fails to set his feet properly, his throws will wobble...Has not faced as many complex defenses as he will experience in the NFL, but he shows good anticipation and timing making all of his throws.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Ha! Best move Colt has made in a couple years. Good thinking to have a plan for the near future:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/ ... donut.html
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Sheesh how could they not sign him, with that write up I assumed he was already in the HOF.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm pumped.

Dude was always my favorite Sacramento Mountain Lion.

Seriously though, no shame in not be able to win out over Kapernick and Smith. Not beating Tolzien for the 3rd spot in San Fran is a bit of a ??? but this pretty much seals the deal on the end of the Colt McCoy era.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:Ha! Best move Colt has made in a couple years. Good thinking to have a plan for the near future:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/ ... donut.html



Hopefully they provide him with the cream of the crop supplies to run his business. I'd hate for Longhorn Nation/Colt fans to complain that his Dunkins failed b/c he had inferior equipment.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Squints » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Ha! Best move Colt has made in a couple years. Good thinking to have a plan for the near future:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/ ... donut.html



Hopefully they provide him with the cream of the crop supplies to run his business. I'd hate for Longhorn Nation/Colt fans to complain that his Dunkins failed b/c he had inferior equipment.


Nothing will help Texans beat that summer heat more than going inside and downing a piping-hot cup of coffee. Good decision Colt, wish you the best. I can actually see him behind the counter in one of those fold-up cardboard hats, would blend in with anyone else.
Squints
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Fairview, PA
Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:33 pm

JFC ::doh::

I'm almost at a loss for words with this fucking team

I know I've pretty much run out of adjectives

I hope we get tons of close-ups on The Ditz SDunday to make sure he knows the football world is mocking his ignorant ass :hic:
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Maybe this move is in response to Colt's "threw it in the dirt on purpose" nonsense.

''We were pretty far behind at that point when I got in, so I assumed we would start throwing,'' McCoy said. ''It took a couple series getting used to the pocket - hadn't had any reps, hadn't sat back there in a while - so getting a feel for how those guys were playing, I maybe missed a couple throws early.

''A couple times I just threw the ball in the dirt to let those guys (teammates) rest. We were throwing the ball down the field and those guys were tired.''


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-coach-pat-shurmur-defends-decision-trent-richardson-brandon-weeden-questionable-122412
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Maybe this move is in response to Colt's "threw it in the dirt on purpose" nonsense.

''We were pretty far behind at that point when I got in, so I assumed we would start throwing,'' McCoy said. ''It took a couple series getting used to the pocket - hadn't had any reps, hadn't sat back there in a while - so getting a feel for how those guys were playing, I maybe missed a couple throws early.

''A couple times I just threw the ball in the dirt to let those guys (teammates) rest. We were throwing the ball down the field and those guys were tired.''


http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-coach-pat-shurmur-defends-decision-trent-richardson-brandon-weeden-questionable-122412


SHUR let his players out to dry. Next week should be fun. Maybe SHUR can get Joe Thomas hurt. At least we only have one more week of this bullshit.

Josh Johnson eh? :woot: Anyone with a pulse I guess.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Why the hell didn't we sign Josh Johnson when we still had a shot at the playoffs?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Why the hell didn't we sign Josh Johnson when we still had a shot at the playoffs?


Where is Lars, btw? Skiing in Yemen?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Why the hell didn't we sign Josh Johnson when we still had a shot at the playoffs?



What?! You're gonna sign him two weeks ago? In the middle of a playoff run? When your "in the playoff mix" team is humming like a fine machine?

You're nuts.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Dang! Thats all we need is another QB controversy.
:hide:
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:52 pm

OldDawg wrote:Dang! Thats all we need is another QB controversy.
:hide:



You know, I have some thoughts on that if you'd like to hear them in this thread. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Just looking over his career...he was pretty impressive in college. Doesn't seem like he's gotten much of a shot in the NFL. Who knows? I bet we see him at some point next week. SHUR is likely to get Thad Lewis killed by halftime.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 pm

peeker643 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:Dang! Thats all we need is another QB controversy.
:hide:



You know, I have some thoughts on that if you'd like to hear them in this thread. ;-) ;) :wink:


Yeah, I guess you're right. During a run like that you got to stick with who brung ya.

Still, hindsight 20/20 and all that shit.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 am

peeker643 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:Dang! Thats all we need is another QB controversy.
:hide:



You know, I have some thoughts on that if you'd like to hear them in this thread. ;-) ;) :wink:


Sure, why make this one different than the rest? ;-) ;) :wink:
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:Dang! Thats all we need is another QB controversy.
:hide:



You know, I have some thoughts on that if you'd like to hear them in this thread. ;-) ;) :wink:


Sure, why make this one different than the rest? ;-) ;) :wink:


;-) ;) :wink:

For kicks and giggles I went back and looked at Thad Lewis on NFL Draft Combine notes. Anyone else realize he's a midget and not very fast? And this sounds hauntingly familiar:

Overview
Lewis has been an extremely effective quarterback for Duke over the past four years and has done a good job of maintaining a quality touchdown-to-interception ratio. He understands the offensive scheme and is a good game manager, but his arm strength is marginal and his accuracy, especially on the deep throws, can be erratic at best. He is athletic and can extend the pocket and does a good job of squaring his shoulders to make the throw when on the move. He does a good job of protecting the football and does not force many throws. He will struggle when he needs to add some zip on his throws to squeeze the ball through small windows but has enough going for him to make you think he could catch on as a backup at the next level.

Analysis
StrengthsMakes solid pre-snap reads and shows the ability to go through progressions. Will check down and make plays when the primary target is covered. Has enough arm strength to put some zip on the ball. Steps up in the pocket and is not afraid to take a hit. Throws well on the run and has deceptive speed.
WeaknessesDoes not have the height to see over the line. Wind-up delivery makes him prone to batted balls and interceptions. Holds on to the ball for too long and takes his lumps. Lacks consistent accuracy and throws behind his receivers too often. Does not always step into his throws losing velocity on deep passes.


Small, not much arm, can't see over line, lacks velocity, holds ball too long, takes hits, prone to batted balls.

Ughh...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't know (or care alll that much) about what the scouting reports say, so my recollection from preseason:

Mobile enough, but hardly a Vick or RG3. Bigger than Colt, also uses his mobility better as far as running down the field rather than around the pocket. Arm strength OK, better than Colt (saying nothing), not as good as Weeden. Has a bit of windup, so the ball doesn't come out quickly. Weeden-esque in accuracy, which is code for "streaky".

Basically, a combo of Colt and Weeden. Which sounds scary, but if he were able to limit that to only heir good qualities, he'd prob be fine. Also means that he has the *chance* to be a more complete player than either one.

But it all comes down to his head, since he'll be running a crap scheme against a team that will blitz young QB's until they prove they can beat it. Tall order for a guy in his first NFL start. Likely, he'll get killled.

But at least I don't have to watch Colt.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I don't know (or care alll that much) about what the scouting reports say, so my recollection from preseason:

Mobile enough, but hardly a Vick or RG3. Bigger than Colt, also uses his mobility better as far as running down the field rather than around the pocket. Arm strength OK, better than Colt (saying nothing), not as good as Weeden. Has a bit of windup, so the ball doesn't come out quickly. Weeden-esque in accuracy, which is code for "streaky".

Basically, a combo of Colt and Weeden. Which sounds scary, but if he were able to limit that to only heir good qualities, he'd prob be fine. Also means that he has the *chance* to be a more complete player than either one.

But it all comes down to his head, since he'll be running a crap scheme against a team that will blitz young QB's until they prove they can beat it. Tall order for a guy in his first NFL start. Likely, he'll get killled.

But at least I don't have to watch Colt.



I don't think he is bigger than Colt, but that's splitting hairs.

The reason I even looked back was to see what kind of offense and what kind of speed he has. Because he has no chance against a Steeler team not mailing it in other than, IMO, them running a pitol/zone read type offense tht maybe they have to react to instead of dictate to.

He's not that guy. He's not that mobile/running type. They're going to go conventional, use Hardesty, have him throw on a lot of 3rd and 6 and 2nd and 11s and he's going to get destroyed. And again, we'll know knowhere near enough about him because of a game plan and coach that refuses to even consider a dynamic approach. Or refuses to think at all.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Right you are. He could be RG3 and they would have him sitting in the pocket all day. He could be the QB version of Barry Sanders with a John Elway arm and they'd have him throwing slants.

But at 6'2, 200, he's certainly at least taller than Colt. Don't you remember him from the Preseason? No way you can look at him and say he's Colt-size.

And his 4.8 40 isn't impressive, but he does scramble a lot (the nature of young QB's that don't know what they're doing), and even though he's not blazing fast his running ability is at least a deterrent. And from what I recall, when he runs, he doesn't run like a QB seeking a safe place to curl up and hide.

Again, Shurmsy will no way call run plays for him in ANY attempt to make the offense even REMOTELY dynamic, but I betcha he runs (for his life) for 50 yards Sunday.

But the only thing we'll be able to accurately judge at all regarding this guy is his throwing ability and the speed of his decision making, since those are the plays called by WCO 101. Because he maybe scrambles 8 times for 50 yards doesn't mean he can run a Read Option.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Right you are. He could be RG3 and they would have him sitting in the pocket all day. He could be the QB version of Barry Sanders with a John Elway arm and they'd have him throwing slants.

But at 6'2, 200, he's certainly at least taller than Colt. Don't you remember him from the Preseason? No way you can look at him and say he's Colt-size.

And his 4.8 40 isn't impressive, but he does scramble a lot (the nature of young QB's that don't know what they're doing), and even though he's not blazing fast his running ability is at least a deterrent. And from what I recall, when he runs, he doesn't run like a QB seeking a safe place to curl up and hide.

Again, Shurmsy will no way call run plays for him in ANY attempt to make the offense even REMOTELY dynamic, but I betcha he runs (for his life) for 50 yards Sunday.

But the only thing we'll be able to accurately judge at all regarding this guy is his throwing ability and the speed of his decision making, since those are the plays called by WCO 101. Because he maybe scrambles 8 times for 50 yards doesn't mean he can run a Read Option.


The combine numbers say 6-foot tall, 215lbs. That's what I was referring too. Not sure what the media guide says, but do know those are often some of the finest pieces of fiction you'll ever read.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Right you are. He could be RG3 and they would have him sitting in the pocket all day. He could be the QB version of Barry Sanders with a John Elway arm and they'd have him throwing slants.

But at 6'2, 200, he's certainly at least taller than Colt. Don't you remember him from the Preseason? No way you can look at him and say he's Colt-size.

And his 4.8 40 isn't impressive, but he does scramble a lot (the nature of young QB's that don't know what they're doing), and even though he's not blazing fast his running ability is at least a deterrent. And from what I recall, when he runs, he doesn't run like a QB seeking a safe place to curl up and hide.

Again, Shurmsy will no way call run plays for him in ANY attempt to make the offense even REMOTELY dynamic, but I betcha he runs (for his life) for 50 yards Sunday.

But the only thing we'll be able to accurately judge at all regarding this guy is his throwing ability and the speed of his decision making, since those are the plays called by WCO 101. Because he maybe scrambles 8 times for 50 yards doesn't mean he can run a Read Option.


The combine numbers say 6-foot tall, 215lbs. That's what I was referring too. Not sure what the media guide says, but do know those are often some of the finest pieces of fiction you'll ever read.


Fair enough. I was looking at scouting sites not the Browns site (which always inflates stuff), but, like the scouting reports, measurements seem to be all over the fucking place. He certainly looks taller than 6 foot. That's short. Maybe he plays with risers or platform shoes. Maybe Colt is really 5'10.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 pm

See, look, Colt is clearly several inches shorter. :thumb up:

Image
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 pm

9+3=12
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:38 pm

FUDU wrote:9+3=12


I see you got ahold of Shurmur's 4th Quarter game plan.

I didn't notice the numeric symmetry of that pic earlier, very well done. I also like how Colt is winding up to heave a 15 yard pass.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Haven't delved into the combine numbers much, cause I got a credo to live by:

Never draft a QB who plays his college home games surrounded by a track.

In 1979, maybe. In 2012. you're in trouble.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 pm

leadpipe wrote:Haven't delved into the combine numbers much, cause I got a credo to live by:

Never draft a QB who plays his college home games surrounded by a track.

In 1979, maybe. In 2012. you're in trouble.


:lmfao:

Nice.

I heard Lewis talk today. I think Duke may have relaxed their academic standards a bit. Not to the point that Weeden could ever get in, but Lewis wasn't too damn coherent much less articulate.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns Sign QB Josh Johnson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Image


Image
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 2 guests