Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns @ Denver - SHUR vs. QB GOD

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns @ Denver - SHUR vs. QB GOD

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:I hate this team as its comprised and clearly it comes through.

I'm not sure you like anything about Cleveland sports.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I really enjoyed your using and reacting to Twitter posts for Cavalier games you used to recap. That was really funny. You could do that again- or maybe 'boycott' the game, standing outside the stadium and figuratively 'interview' people leaving the stadium (perhaps making up the characters who are exiting. Could be a lot of fun with the game at Pit. Browns fans emerging at the half? Describing the Pit fans and toying with them, etc?) Kind of a 'man in the street' report from the fine metropolis of Pittsburgh?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
I've been to KSU's campus several times, and I must objectively describe your platitudes as "generous". But that goes for every campus I've been to in Ohio. Now, Oregon... Sure. But Ohio? No.

To be fair, I have not been to the U of Tiffin or YSU. Those might just be the Milan and Paris of Ohio schools.

Campus? I 'm talkin' bitches, not books. You Sir have been hanging out with the wrong people. I've rolled at OUS and OU and will still put up a Golden Flash weekend against any of them.

Nearly as good as an old school Flats Wednesday/Thursday night.

Recognize.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm

After watching Wilson in the freezing rain, I am considerably less impressed with Weeds.

Told y'all.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I'm 66.6% sure that Weeds will never be an elite NFL QB, which is what 95% of the teams have had in their pocket before hoisting the Lombardi. Unfortunately, at this point in time this year's draft and FA market doesn't have anyone in that category either.

Only course of action is to mold the rest of the team from the HC down to the Punter, and give Weeds his final shot next year. If they feel like rolling the dice, maybe give a fringe guy like Flynn a shot.

Honestly, as bad as this year has been, I think it's had plenty of bright spots, and I actually think the future looks pretty bright as well.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 am

skatingtripods wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I hate this team as its comprised and clearly it comes through.

I'm not sure you like anything about Cleveland sports.

What's not to like ? Its all so so good.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 am

LakeErieWarriors wrote:I'm 66.6% sure that Weeds will never be an elite NFL QB, which is what 95% of the teams have had in their pocket before hoisting the Lombardi. Unfortunately, at this point in time this year's draft and FA market doesn't have anyone in that category either.

Only course of action is to mold the rest of the team from the HC down to the Punter, and give Weeds his final shot next year. If they feel like rolling the dice, maybe give a fringe guy like Flynn a shot.

Honestly, as bad as this year has been, I think it's had plenty of bright spots, and I actually think the future looks pretty bright as well.

Actually, about 90% of the team hoisting the Lombardi knew exactly what they had.

Which is why it's so difficult.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 am

leadpipe wrote:Actually, about 90% of the team hoisting the Lombardi knew exactly what they had.

Yeah because the 99 Rans, 2001 Patriots, and any number of teams all thought they had a franchise QB in their midst when they drafted/picked up the guy that led them their during the seasons. Don't forget the '10 Packers, and the 2009 Saints who's two QB's were picked later within the first round.

Eli, Peyton, Ben. Those are your three QB's who were the can't miss prospects who made it to the Super Bowl. That's it.

It's a crapshoot. To think otherwise is idiotic.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 am

Triple-S wrote: the can't miss prospects who made it to the Super Bowl.

True, and Rapeyoursister fell to #11. Nobody took (or traded up to take) him at the top of the draft. The Browns gave up a 2nd to move up a spot to take Winslow.

Although this yr, Ryan will get there.
googleeph2

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am

USF has the hottest chicks in the world.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 am

LakeErieWarriors wrote:I'm 66.6% sure that Weeds will never be an elite NFL QB, which is what 95% of the teams have had in their pocket before hoisting the Lombardi. Unfortunately, at this point in time this year's draft and FA market doesn't have anyone in that category either.

Why would you bother with a guy like Flynn? He doesn't have any more chance than Weeden. Less maybe.

There is no "fix" available. There are only shades of meh.

The only hope is to get lucky wih some high potential development guy.

On that note, they should start Thad Lewis next week if Weeds is hurt (and maybe if he ain't). I don't see what another week of watching Colt skip passes and get pummelled serves.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 am

Triple-S wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Actually, about 90% of the team hoisting the Lombardi knew exactly what they had.

Yeah because the 99 Rans, 2001 Patriots, and any number of teams all thought they had a franchise QB in their midst when they drafted/picked up the guy that led them their during the seasons. Don't forget the '10 Packers, and the 2009 Saints who's two QB's were picked later within the first round.

Eli, Peyton, Ben. Those are your three QB's who were the can't miss prospects who made it to the Super Bowl. That's it.

It's a crapshoot. To think otherwise is idiotic.

Idiotic?

You know what's idiotic. Naming three guys and forgetting all the fucking hall-of-famers that won the thing. Elway slip your mind? Staubach, Starr, Favre, Warner, Aikman, Bradshaw, Montana, Young, Brady the next 3 times.......and a zillion others as have been gone over here ad nauseum.

Keep the condescending shit up while you try to win that game with a ham and egger you stupid fuck.

For reading comprehension purposes, notice I was responding to a statement declaring that teams had no idea what was in their pocket - not on the draft board. Although considering how many Super Bowl winners and losers were extremely high draft picks, the point could remain the same.

Christ this is about the easiest GD thing to see in sports. Not suprised YOU fail to see it, just that it's easy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:28 am

My mantra will continue. Keep drafting one up there until you find the one.

Or go get yourself the best fucking defense in the history of the league and cross your fingers.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 am

leadpipe wrote:Idiotic?

You know what's idiotic. Naming three guys and forgetting all the fucking hall-of-famers that won the thing. Elway slip your mind? Staubach, Starr, Favre, Warner, Aikman, Bradshaw, Montana, Young, Brady the next 3 times.......and a zillion others as have been gone over here ad nauseum.

Aikrman was terrible his first season, but there was reason to believe he was a great prospect

Warner? Sports Illustrated I believe had something with the title "Where did this guy come from?"

The point I was trying to make, is, that it's near impossible to judge a guy by his first year. "Well, shoot, I guess because Weeden didn't make the Super Bowl in his first year, let's start finding another QB" is a dumb as hell take. Again, Brees looked very Human his first couple of years in the league, so did a ton of the guys you just listed. The Phenomena you're seeing with the Lucks, Newtons, and RG3's of the world? They're anomalies. I would venture to say, Weeds is more in line with the typical NFL QB, like it or not.

We've not seen him within a legit NFL offense yet, the playbook they're using is 7 years older than me. It's like if you put any given IndyCar driver in a car from the 1970's and expect him to be able to compete against a Modern day Penske Chevy Dallara. It doesn't matter if you have Dario Franchitti behind the wheel, you ain't winning at Indy.

I'm not denying the importance of the position, I'm just saying, it's stupid to expect Weeds to suddenly be the guy overnight. It's going to take a little bit of time and some adjustments within the personnel department.

And if everything is right, and we still don't make it past the wildcard round? We'll deal with that when we get there. But it's about getting to that place first. To quote Mario Andretti "To win the race, you first have to finish", and right now, the Browns sure as hell havn't done that.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 am

FUDU wrote:USF has the hottest chicks in the world.

Hotter than Austin, TX? Wow. Are they as friendly though?
googleeph2

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 am

Triple-S wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Idiotic?

Aikrman was terrible his first season, but there was reason to believe he was a great prospect

Warner? Sports Illustrated I believe had something with the title "Where did this guy come from?"

The point I was trying to make, is, that it's near impossible to judge a guy by his first year. "Well, shoot, I guess because Weeden didn't make the Super Bowl in his first year, let's start finding another QB" is a dumb as hell take. Again, Brees looked very Human his first couple of years in the league, so did a ton of the guys you just listed. The Phenomena you're seeing with the Lucks, Newtons, and RG3's of the world? They're anomalies. I would venture to say, Weeds is more in line with the typical NFL QB, like it or not.

We've not seen him within a legit NFL offense yet, the playbook they're using is 7 years older than me. It's like if you put any given IndyCar driver in a car from the 1970's and expect him to be able to compete against a Modern day Penske Chevy Dallara. It doesn't matter if you have Dario Franchitti behind the wheel, you ain't winning at Indy.

I'm not denying the importance of the position, I'm just saying, it's stupid to expect Weeds to suddenly be the guy overnight. It's going to take a little bit of time and some adjustments within the personnel department.
And if everything is right, and we still don't make it past the wildcard round? We'll deal with that when we get there. But it's about getting to that place first. To quote Mario Andretti "To win the race, you first have to finish", and right now, the Browns sure as hell havn't done that.

So what ON THE FIELD have you seen from Weeden that says to give him time and tweeks to the roster? Isn't THIS offense the one that all the Colt fans have been crying about saying lil McCoy needed a chance running seeing it's closer to NFL ready than what he had prior?

Peyton threw 28 INT's his first year however if you watched him, he was throwing the same passes he's throwing today just w/ more accuracy. At least he attempted those throws. Unless a receiver is 5 yds wide open, Weeds isn't gonna toss it to him and settling for his 2nd, 3rd, 4th option in the pattern.

The FO office is loving fans like you. Keep holding out for next year and the year after because at some point they'll be half way there. The shame is when they fill their current weaknesses, what are now the (few)strengths will be old and on the decline.

All this makes me glad I stepped away after the team left and we had the 3 years w/o football here. I've removed myself far enough away that I don't get pissed or live and die like I once did. Helps keep that blood pressure manigable and saved the dog from a couple boot shots to the ribs every Sunday at 4pm ish. It's now become like watching a tv series that's part drama, part comedy.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:01 am

Dramedy or Comma?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:35 pm

pup wrote:My mantra will continue. Keep drafting one up there until you find the one.

Or go get yourself the best fucking defense in the history of the league and cross your fingers.

That team that your refering to has only been to one super bowl despite (allegedly) having the greatest defense modern civilation has ever laid eyes on. And 8 playoff apperences in 14 years is considerably better than what we have been thru, but it is not 100% sucessful.

However, you do have to build up a really good offense or defense to make the playoffs, if our new owner and gm and coach don't decide which one to build up we will continue our mediocrity.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:

quote]

Why would you bother with a guy like Flynn? He doesn't have any more chance than Weeden. Less maybe.

There is no "fix" available. There are only shades of meh.

The only hope is to get lucky wih some high potential development guy.

On that note, they should start Thad Lewis next week if Weeds is hurt (and maybe if he ain't). I don't see what another week of watching Colt skip passes and get pummelled serves.

Yeah, Flynn was a bad example IMO only because of the $ involved on such a big roll of the dice. But since we know for sure that Colt's not the answer and Weeds is very well likely not the answer, it wouldn't hurt to take a gamble and maybe get lucky, as opposed to 'riding this Weeds thing out' until a clear-cut investment comes up. (A more proactive approach).

Find someone with a solid upside at a low cost that will give Weeds a run for his money in training camp and see what becomes of it.

Another thing that I think... this team this year and it's lack of coaching has pissed a potential '3 headed monster' approach to the run-game down the drain. I know that the run game doesn't win 'chips but, in the past it has helped teams like NO and NE get there and win. We all know what we've got in TRich. Hardesty showed great flashes this season bc he wanted to compete with TRich. Oboggnaya is the best RB receiver out of the 3 IMO.

They couldn't have been utilized in much more of an inconsistent/nonsensical approach than what Paddy/Chilly put out there. When I look at what we've got from them, I see shit. But when I look at what it could be if used properly, I see Ingram, Ivory, Sproles.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm all for upgrading the QB position if there's an upgrade available. The problem I'm seeing is 1) no clear upgrade available and 2) cost associated with obtaining player that likely would be a marginal upgrade, if that.

Flynn? No.
Alex Smith? Meh, maybe, I guess, for the right price, maybe.
Mallett? Yuck.
Tebow? Gotta be kidding me.
Vick? More interesting than any of the other ones, but clearly a short term answer at best. Depends on the cost.
Cassell? No.
Sanchez? Ha!

The Free Agent list is littered with awesome. Derek Anderson! Brady Quinn! Charlie Batch! Jason Campbell! David Carr! Kellen Clemens! Bruce Gradkowski! Rex Grossman! Byron Leftwich! Matt Leinart! The Brothers McCown! (Wow, a lot of ex-Browns QB's available). Matt Moore (the only one on this list I'd even be slightly interested in).

Well, maybe Tarvaris Jackson too. He has some potential. But such a mediocre passer. Sigh.

But I'll let the crack team of Banner & Lombardi figure that out. It's not really worth the energy it takes to care which way they go with it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I'm all for upgrading the QB position if there's an upgrade available. The problem I'm seeing is 1) no clear upgrade available and 2) cost associated with obtaining player that likely would be a marginal upgrade, if that.

Flynn? No.
Mallett? Yuck.
Vick? More interesting than any of the other ones, but clearly a short term answer at best. Depends on the cost.
Cassell? No.
Sanchez? Ha!

The Free Agent list is littered with awesome. Derek Anderson! Brady Quinn! Charlie Batch! Jason Campbell! David Carr! Kellen Clemens! Bruce Gradkowski! Rex Grossman! Byron Leftwich! Matt Leinart! The Brothers McCown! (Wow, a lot of ex-Browns QB's available). Matt Moore (the only one on this list I'd even be slightly interested in).

Well, maybe Tarvaris Jackson too. He has some potential. But such a mediocre passer. Sigh.

But I'll let the crack team of Banner & Lombardi figure that out. It's not really worth the energy it takes to care which way they go with it.

There's really not anything out there as you just noted and you're not getting a young, potential future starter from someone else when every team in the world minus 6-12 are looking for that too.

That's why you draft one every year/bring in undrafted free agent with at least one tangible skill and hope you fall into a lucky break.

I highly doubt a guy who replaced a Pro Bowler with a 6th round rookie and never looked back is going to give Mallet away for anything less than ....what? You have no 2nd rounder and if you want to give up your first for Mallet you'd be nuts. BB ain't taking a 3rd.

My opinion? Thad Lewis has more upside today than Weeden now that we've seen one play and have yet to see the other.

It won't happen this Sunday but I'd honestly rather go into 2013 with Thad Lewis (who's from Duke and ain't dumb as a day old donut) than with McCoy, Weeden, Flynn, etc.

And draft another guy like Lewis sometime this April so if Lewis ain't the guy and you don't suck enough to get one you have another chance to keep looking.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:So what ON THE FIELD have you seen from Weeden that says to give him time and tweeks to the roster?

The F-you to Shurmur last week where his helmet 'broke' and he had to wing it on the bomb to Benjamin.

Weeds has the arm and enough knowledge that I'd at least want to see him in an offense that plays to his strengths, not in the one where he's a square peg Shurmur's hammering frantically into an obsolete round hole.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I'm all for upgrading the QB position if there's an upgrade available. The problem I'm seeing is 1) no clear upgrade available and 2) cost associated with obtaining player that likely would be a marginal upgrade, if that.

Flynn? No.
Mallett? Yuck.
Cassell? No.
Sanchez? Ha!

There's really not anything out there as you just noted and you're not getting a young, potential future starter from someone else when every team in the world minus 6-12 are looking for that too.

That's why you draft one every year/bring in undrafted free agent with at least one tangible skill and hope you fall into a lucky break.

I highly doubt a guy who replaced a Pro Bowler with a 6th round rookie and never looked back is going to give Mallet away for anything less than ....what? You have no 2nd rounder and if you want to give up your first for Mallet you'd be nuts. BB ain't taking a 3rd.

My opinion? Thad Lewis has more upside today than Weeden now that we've seen one play and have yet to see the other.

It won't happen this Sunday but I'd honestly rather go into 2013 with Thad Lewis (who's from Duke and ain't dumb as a day old donut) than with McCoy, Weeden, Flynn, etc.

And draft another guy like Lewis sometime this April so if Lewis ain't the guy and you don't suck enough to get one you have another chance to keep looking.

Go into camp with Weeden, Lewis, and Draft Pick. Let best man win. Lewis will be in his 4th year by then - if he's not ready to step up by that time, I doubt he ever will be.

I would prefer they start Lewis to McCoy on Sunday, but no way in hell does Shurmur do something like that b/c it won't benefit HIS future at all.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes, Thad Lewis has potential

Yeah...you betcha.

This forum and the entire fanbase has lost it's mind.

Weeds is fine. Give the guy next year until you run his ass out of town.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Triple-S wrote:Yes, Thad Lewis has potential

Yeah...you betcha.

Your assessment that he has NO potential is based on what, pray tell?

In the preseason, he threw a good ball and had nice mobility. I thought they should've gone with Lewis as the backup over Colt from the very start.

Every once in a while those talented developmental projects develops - that's why they bother.

EDIT - I'm not running his ass out of town, I just think that if he's going to be a legit QB he should be able to legit beat out Lewis and a draft pick in a legit competition.

I thought Carrol was stupid at the time with his 3 way competition in Seattle, but it actually worked out very well for them.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Yes, Thad Lewis has potential

Yeah...you betcha.

Your assessment that he has NO potential is based on what, pray tell?

In the preseason, he threw a good ball and had nice mobility. I thought they should've gone with Lewis as the backup over Colt from the very start.

Every once in a while those talented developmental projects develops - that's why they bother.

EDIT - I'm not running his ass out of town, I just think that if he's going to be a legit QB he should be able to legit beat out Lewis and a draft pick in a legit competition.

I thought Carrol was stupid at the time with his 3 way competition in Seattle, but it actually worked out very well for them.

I'm not against going Green Bay, and getting a UDFA or late round pick for the hell of it. Just don't feel that Thad Lewis will suddenly morph into Tom Brady before our eyes.

I also think it's rather ridiculous to just flat out give up on Weeds at this point. As said before, if you're in this position again by this time next year (or worse) and you're in position to draft a GOAT RG3/CAM/Luck type, than you had better go get him.

If we're mid-pack or nipping at the heels of a wildcard spot, than there's really no reason to do anything.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Worry not - no matter how anyone feels about it, Weeden will likely be heavily in the mix to start again next year. You can't let it bother you if people already gave up on him - some people gave up on him before he was drafted.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Worry not - no matter how anyone feels about it, Weeden will likely be heavily in the mix to start again next year. You can't let it bother you if people already gave up on him - some people gave up on him before he was drafted.

Yeah, in any event, have a merry christmas to you and all the board.

hopefully we're discussing playoff seedings this time next year.

Triple-S

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm

There doesn't seem to be a QB in the upcoming draft worth a 1st round pick. Weeds wins by default, but don't kid yourself, he's not the answer. I don't see a significant difference between 2 and 6 wins. It doesn't matter who the QB is, as long as that person isn't tabbed as "the guy".

Why is it for the past ten years draft talk is always started with "they have so many holes they can't possibly mess it up".

There are a handful of guys on is team that could start for other teams. Which is an improvement over past years.

Aaron Rogers is younger than Brandon Weeden.

Merry Christmas.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Worry not - no matter how anyone feels about it, Weeden will likely be heavily in the mix to start again next year. You can't let it bother you if people already gave up on him - some people gave up on him before he was drafted.

That was the appropriate time to do so. Time will tell.

I hope there's a silver lining in a new regime. Hopefully they're not beholden to anyone and there is an actual competition.

Tired of talking about it. Finally. You know where I stood, where I stand and what I think. If he's the guy in 2013 (and I think by default he is) then what happens happens. The fact I'm willing to roll the dice on Thad Lewis says it all I guess.

Merry Christmas fellas. Sincerely. It gets contentious and frustrating sometimes but I truly enjoy talking this stuff out with all of you.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Merry Christmas, and mo wanted me to tell you guys that talking to all of you/us is truly the high point of his life.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:So what ON THE FIELD have you seen from Weeden that says to give him time and tweeks to the roster?

The F-you to Shurmur last week where his helmet 'broke' and he had to wing it on the bomb to Benjamin.

Weeds has the arm and enough knowledge that I'd at least want to see him in an offense that plays to his strengths, not in the one where he's a square peg Shurmur's hammering frantically into an obsolete round hole.

While I'd agree the offense is doing none of our offensive guys any good....a couple things on the other points.

1. Only around here are we giving Weeden so many points for having an "NFL arm." Perhaps we've been treated to too many Colts, Quinns and Dorseys, but there are slapnuts all over the country throwin' rocks at streetlights that have that same arm. And more to the point, the major college football programs spit out a hundred a year that would make the league should the lone requirement be "NFL arm." And this includes many 4th stringers.

2. I think knowledge, or the aquisition thereof, is gonna be Weeden's biggest problem. Guy just ain't a real deep thinker - and he didn't need to think at Okey State as guys ran open by 10 yards every GD play. And again, there is a reason Okey State had no drop-off this year running a third stringer out there as Weeds replacement. Not sure I could name 2 QB's in the modern ERA, good for more than a real short length of time that weren't all that swift.

Again, not a big deal, I'm with many of the logical thinkers here - the guy gets next year. I'm not optimistic - nor am I optimistic they'll be a favorable replacement. With young QB's after a year you're either hopin', thinkin' or knowin' they're gonna be good. With Weeds we're clearly hopin'

And those that are thinkin' or knowin' I'd be interested in what you see.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm thinking if The New Head Cheese is going to hit the reset button, our starting QB for 2013 is not on the roster at the moment.

We can speculate on who, but we won't really know until the new guys are in place, and the beginning of the league year when everything starts to happen.

I haven't stopped working in four days. I don't feel like I missed anything.

Merry Christmas everybody!!
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Big Money Player » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Perhaps we've been treated to too many Colts, Quinns and Dorseys, but there are slapnuts all over the country throwin' rocks at streetlights that have that same arm

YOU sir, have a way with words that keeps me laughing on a daily basis!
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
Big Money Player

Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:48 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Flynn? No.
Mallett? Yuck.
Cassell? No.
Sanchez? Ha!

Go into camp with Weeden, Lewis, and Draft Pick. Let best man win. Lewis will be in his 4th year by then - if he's not ready to step up by that time, I doubt he ever will be.

I would prefer they start Lewis to McCoy on Sunday, but no way in hell does Shurmur do something like that b/c it won't benefit HIS future at all.

It shouldn't take too much to pry Kellen Moore from DET.

Maybe something in the range of a 2,3, or 4th pick Kirk Cousins frim WSH

Dare I mention Vince Young...Give the man (who has career 31-19 record in games started with Seven 4th quarter comebacks and 13 Game Winning Drives) a veteran minimum incentive-laden contract. Put his shrink on the books, (just because). Carry Weeds, Lewis, one of the a fore-mentioned guys and/or 3rd day draft pick into camp. Let them battle it out from there.
Were just killing time until we can resonably expect the new coach and gm to clean out the roster fully and bring in there own guys.

Hope everyone didn't kill any members of there family over Xmas
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Kellen Moore? Kirk Cousins?

Fucking shoot me.
Hikohadon

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL