Text Size

No Holds Barred

The Gun Question

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

You're never going to know why he did what he did. All possible answers died with him.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:Lee has actually made some good points today, don't get me wrong I'll pay for the U-haul and help with the move. However most of those points still revolved around the individual and the choices they make and how responsible the person is, they just do.

Most of it starts at home. Maybe even all of it.

It feels like people just aren't fully invested at home, or at least a lot aren't, and if they are it is with the wrong priorities.


Everything I've read so far about the parents, both father and mother, are that they were universally considered good people and good parents.


If they were good parents then it falls on him, the individual, and it's a shame that if he did have some problems (the kind that could be tied to his desire to do this) his parents were not able to recognize them.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Spin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Apparently mom was about to have him admitted to a mental institution, and she volunteered at that school.

There's the motive to shoot mom, if you want to call it that. What was the motive to shoot up the school and himself?

He had tons more ammo, but offed himself when he heard the sirens. I think he was trying to go down in history as the biggest villain in history, until thank God he chickened out.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 pm

She's an attention whore, parasitically attaching herself to a national tragedy. Fuck her.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 pm

HoodooMan wrote:She's an attention whore, parasitically attaching herself to a national tragedy. Fuck her.


I don't know who she is or what her intention is, but it sounds like a scary set of life circumstances to have to deal with everyday.

I'm not sure the message is diluted by her, or her intentions.

ETA: Aren't a whole lot of people attaching themselves to this tragedy right now, regardless of their agenda(s)?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Yeah, sounds like her kid has some issues. Not the least of which being a "look at me!" mother who wants to paste them all over the internet, equating him with a mass murderer.

Seriously, donny.

"I am Adam Lanza's mother."

No, if you still have a face and a local elementary school full of un-murdered kids and teachers, you're really not.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm

HooDoo your focus seems to be literally on the wrong point.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 pm

I really struggle with the very question Lee mentioned regarding what I had to say. A lot. The theorizing-me says hell-no they've taken too many rights away already. The practical side says only a moral people can really be trusted to operate in a very free environment. I am not talking religious right morals, but just the basic respect for private property, and going about one's day without stealing or screwing over people.

Yet, in giving away our rights, it's quite true that the government police state itself is immoral. The way they can just trash the 4th amendment confiscate your possessions and frame people is pretty damn scary. I don't want to see Heroin running around as Peeker alluded to, but have you taken a good look at some of the urban police forces lately? And what's all the para-military gear being distributed?
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Hurts to even look at.

Image
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm

"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm all about the conversation:

December 18th, 2012
11:40 AM ET
In Japan, you cannot buy a handgun, much less an assault rifle. In fact, even off-duty police officers are banned from carrying guns.

You can buy a shotgun or an air rifle, but it is not easy:

First, you have to take a class and a written exam.
Then there's a skill test at a shooting range
Next is a drug test
Then a mental evaluation.
Assuming you pass all those tests, you file with the police, who then run a background check.
No wonder Japan has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the world.

But does it work?

In 2008, the U.S. had 12,000 gun-related murders. Japan had 11. More than double that number were killed in the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'm all about the conversation:

December 18th, 2012
11:40 AM ET
In Japan, you cannot buy a handgun, much less an assault rifle. In fact, even off-duty police officers are banned from carrying guns.

You can buy a shotgun or an air rifle, but it is not easy:

First, you have to take a class and a written exam.
Then there's a skill test at a shooting range
Next is a drug test
Then a mental evaluation.
Assuming you pass all those tests, you file with the police, who then run a background check.
No wonder Japan has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the world.

But does it work?

In 2008, the U.S. had 12,000 gun-related murders. Japan had 11. More than double that number were killed in the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.


Japan does not have 1,900 miles of landborder with Mexico and 5,000 miles of landborder with Canada. Not saying that the restrictive laws wouldn't help, but just pointing out it isn't an apples to apples comparison as far as potential access to illegal firearms.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:36 pm

It wouldn't have helped in this instance due to the guns being his allegedly perfect mother's.

And yeah, I would love a society the envoked those laws or something similar, unfortunately in the US due to what Al just mentioned and the fact that there are alreday about 300,000,000 guns out there there is no way to enact anything remotely like that without just light the secondary market on fire. It would be prohibition esque.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Please stop comparing us to Japan. People who do this, seem to ignore the inherent differences in the two cultures.

And flat out, i'm not taking any fucking drug tests and you're not going to get into my private medical records.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm not really down with all that either, but I tell you what, this country has become so damn lazy that so many steps in the process would surely keep a lot of people from even trying to get one.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Not it wouldn't. It would just stop them from going the legal way to get one.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeah that's what I meant, for the average Joe anyway.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah, I have Bipolar disorder (no symptoms of psychosis) and sever Anxiety disorder.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah, I have Bipolar disorder (no symptoms of psychosis) and sever Anxiety disorder.


You don't say...
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Please stop comparing us to Japan. People who do this, seem to ignore the inherent differences in the two cultures.

And flat out, i'm not taking any fucking drug tests and you're not going to get into my private medical records.


Let me know where up there I compared this country to Japan, okay Shrek? You already know where I stand. But I ain't gonna shout cliche's from the mountain top and simply ignore how other places do it or deny there's an issue here.

Nowhere did I say they had it right, that it was possible here or that we should want it. But I personally found only 11 gun deaths in a year remarkable.

Plus it's an option for Lee when he runs away from here.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm

LOL, not to mention his medical records aren't so private now either.

Just sayin CDT.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Please stop comparing us to Japan. People who do this, seem to ignore the inherent differences in the two cultures.

And flat out, i'm not taking any fucking drug tests and you're not going to get into my private medical records.


Let me know where up there I compared this country to Japan, okay Shrek? You already know where I stand. But I ain't gonna shout cliche's from the mountain top and simply ignore how other places do it or deny there's an issue here.

Nowhere did I say they had it right, that it was possible here or that we should want it. But I personally found only 11 gun deaths in a year remarkable.

Plus it's an option for Lee when he runs away from here.


My fault. I didn't specify that it wasn't aimed at you. It was about the stuff you quoted, which I assumed you did so for discussion purposes.

So relax.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:07 pm

FUDU wrote:LOL, not to mention his medical records aren't so private now either.

Just sayin CDT.


It isn't the first time I've said it here. I don't give a shit if you guys know. But if someone tells me I have to give up my medical records to buy a gun, they can go fuck themselves. And I ain't pissing in a cup either.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:LOL, not to mention his medical records aren't so private now either.

Just sayin CDT.


It isn't the first time I've said it here. I don't give a shit if you guys know. But if someone tells me I have to give up my medical records to buy a gun, they can go fuck themselves. And I ain't pissing in a cup either.


Is gun ownership important enough to you that you would choose to obtain one illegally then?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:56 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:LOL, not to mention his medical records aren't so private now either.

Just sayin CDT.


It isn't the first time I've said it here. I don't give a shit if you guys know. But if someone tells me I have to give up my medical records to buy a gun, they can go fuck themselves. And I ain't pissing in a cup either.


Is gun ownership important enough to you that you would choose to obtain one illegally then?


My gun collection is pretty much complete. I don't see myself buying anymore with the kid on the way and all.

But if someone is telling me I have to forego my right to privacy to exercise my right to own a firearm, i'm telling them to fuck off. I have no reverence for laws like that, just like I have no reverence for the drug laws.

Next thing you know we'll have to have drug tests and mental checks for anyone who wants to drive a car.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 pm

NRA guy had a press conference. I didn't see, but judging by my (likely very biased) twitter feed, it didn't go over so well.

Sounds like the NRA would have been better off if they just STFU on this one.

In fact, from the sound of it, they constructed their speech around Spin's posts in this thread.

I'll have to catch it later on youtube.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:LOL, not to mention his medical records aren't so private now either.

Just sayin CDT.


It isn't the first time I've said it here. I don't give a shit if you guys know. But if someone tells me I have to give up my medical records to buy a gun, they can go fuck themselves. And I ain't pissing in a cup either.


Is gun ownership important enough to you that you would choose to obtain one illegally then?


My gun collection is pretty much complete. I don't see myself buying anymore with the kid on the way and all.

But if someone is telling me I have to forego my right to privacy to exercise my right to own a firearm, i'm telling them to fuck off. I have no reverence for laws like that, just like I have no reverence for the drug laws.

Next thing you know we'll have to have drug tests and mental checks for anyone who wants to drive a car.


You didn't answer the question. Imagine all of the guns in your collection is destroyed when your future daughter drops them all in the industrial sized woodchipper that you undoubtedly keep in your back yard. Just to see what would happen, which is as good a reason as anything to do something. Point is your guns are gone and you want more.

To get them legally, you have to get a mental evaluation, undergo a background check, piss in a cup, etc. in order to obtain them. What do you do?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I did answer your dumb question that will never happen. You just have the deciphering skills of a garden slug.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm pretty sure I would take a garden slug over mother in a reading comprehension battle.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I did answer your dumb question that will never happen. You just have the deciphering skills of a garden slug.


Bullshit you giant Chupacabra. You just said "I don't want any more guns". Then you just reiterated that you sure wouldn't like any of those laws. What you kind of partly implied, but didn't actually say was whether you'd be buying a piece out of the back of some Hillbillie's car, or whether you'd just take a trip down to the local gun shop to tell them what you thought of their bullshit un-'merican red tapes and such before returning to your abode weaponless, pissed off, but ultimately legal.

And fuck you e0y. Fucking hipster.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:17 pm

motherscratcher wrote:NRA guy had a press conference. I didn't see, but judging by my (likely very biased) twitter feed, it didn't go over so well.

Sounds like the NRA would have been better off if they just STFU on this one.

In fact, from the sound of it, they constructed their speech around Spin's posts in this thread.

I'll have to catch it later on youtube.


Oh...it's worth watching...

What a bunch of assholes. And hey neocons...you're always telling us we need to have guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, and now you want us to add 200,000 military armed government cops to patrol every school. The cognitive disconnect...it hurts me.

Can't wait to see how the new PTA-TSA works out. Or maybe you could just cut the clever acronym out and go straight to calling it "Police State." (flex)
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3449
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I did answer your dumb question that will never happen. You just have the deciphering skills of a garden slug.


Bullshit you giant Chupacabra. You just said "I don't want any more guns". Then you just reiterated that you sure wouldn't like any of those laws. What you kind of partly implied, but didn't actually say was whether you'd be buying a piece out of the back of some Hillbillie's car, or whether you'd just take a trip down to the local gun shop to tell them what you thought of their bullshit un-'merican red tapes and such before returning to your abode weaponless, pissed off, but ultimately legal.

And fuck you e0y. Fucking hipster.



Sorry, what was your question again? I got lost in that fictional scenario.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I did answer your dumb question that will never happen. You just have the deciphering skills of a garden slug.


Bullshit you giant Chupacabra. You just said "I don't want any more guns". Then you just reiterated that you sure wouldn't like any of those laws. What you kind of partly implied, but didn't actually say was whether you'd be buying a piece out of the back of some Hillbillie's car, or whether you'd just take a trip down to the local gun shop to tell them what you thought of their bullshit un-'merican red tapes and such before returning to your abode weaponless, pissed off, but ultimately legal.

And fuck you e0y. Fucking hipster.



Sorry, what was your question again? I got lost in that fictional scenario.


You know the question, Andre.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm

I don't have a wood chipper.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't have a wood chipper.


Bullshit. All lumberjacks have wood chippers. It's common knowledge.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm

And I must take offense to the insinuation that I would use a wood chipper to dispose of those "missing" hookers. I had nothing to do with that, they all went on vacation..... at the same time.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 am

bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:NRA guy had a press conference. I didn't see, but judging by my (likely very biased) twitter feed, it didn't go over so well.

Sounds like the NRA would have been better off if they just STFU on this one.

In fact, from the sound of it, they constructed their speech around Spin's posts in this thread.

I'll have to catch it later on youtube.


Oh...it's worth watching...

What a bunch of assholes. And hey neocons...you're always telling us we need to have guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, and now you want us to add 200,000 military armed government cops to patrol every school. The cognitive disconnect...it hurts me.

Can't wait to see how the new PTA-TSA works out. Or maybe you could just cut the clever acronym out and go straight to calling it "Police State." (flex)


FWIW I pretty much agree, I guess I am not a NeoCon. I mean call it WTF it is. I am ready to arm myself up though. For anyone with cash laying around (wish I did) it could be a good time for a little profit. Pretty good video on what you should buy in the coming months before the coming bans are passed. That Glock looks interesting, but I was told for a first 9mm I might like the Hi-Point. Cheap, great warranty, and ends up lasting a while but they only have 10 round mags.

On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:57 am

dmiles wrote:
bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:NRA guy had a press conference. I didn't see, but judging by my (likely very biased) twitter feed, it didn't go over so well.

Sounds like the NRA would have been better off if they just STFU on this one.

In fact, from the sound of it, they constructed their speech around Spin's posts in this thread.

I'll have to catch it later on youtube.


Oh...it's worth watching...

What a bunch of assholes. And hey neocons...you're always telling us we need to have guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, and now you want us to add 200,000 military armed government cops to patrol every school. The cognitive disconnect...it hurts me.

Can't wait to see how the new PTA-TSA works out. Or maybe you could just cut the clever acronym out and go straight to calling it "Police State." (flex)


FWIW I pretty much agree, I guess I am not a NeoCon. I mean call it WTF it is. I am ready to arm myself up though. For anyone with cash laying around (wish I did) it could be a good time for a little profit. Pretty good video on what you should buy in the coming months before the coming bans are passed. That Glock looks interesting, but I was told for a first 9mm I might like the Hi-Point. Cheap, great warranty, and ends up lasting a while but they only have 10 round mags.



^ better
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 pm

dmiles wrote:
bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:NRA guy had a press conference. I didn't see, but judging by my (likely very biased) twitter feed, it didn't go over so well.

Sounds like the NRA would have been better off if they just STFU on this one.

In fact, from the sound of it, they constructed their speech around Spin's posts in this thread.

I'll have to catch it later on youtube.


Oh...it's worth watching...

What a bunch of assholes. And hey neocons...you're always telling us we need to have guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government, and now you want us to add 200,000 military armed government cops to patrol every school. The cognitive disconnect...it hurts me.

Can't wait to see how the new PTA-TSA works out. Or maybe you could just cut the clever acronym out and go straight to calling it "Police State." (flex)


FWIW I pretty much agree, I guess I am not a NeoCon. I mean call it WTF it is. I am ready to arm myself up though. For anyone with cash laying around (wish I did) it could be a good time for a little profit. Pretty good video on what you should buy in the coming months before the coming bans are passed. That Glock looks interesting, but I was told for a first 9mm I might like the Hi-Point. Cheap, great warranty, and ends up lasting a while but they only have 10 round mags.



DO NOT, under any circumstances ever, buy a High Point. Never. Complete joke and junk. First and foremost you need to be sure whatever you have, if you choose to have anything, is reliable and will shoot. Those aren't. You want an inexpensive, reliable CCW get a S&W 442 revolver. If you're set on semi-auto the starting point for reliability is a Taurus .380 (<$220)

There are far better in reasonable price range (Ruger also sells a .380 for $250 or so) but Taurus is way beyond High Point.

Unless you're planning on throwing your weapon at someone stay away from High Point.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes. Avoid the Hi Points, their accuracy is questionable and their reliability is laughable.

If you're set on moderate priced 9mm, the Taursus is a cheaper version of the classic Beretta 92, they're solid guns for the price. My favorite is my Beretta PX4 Storm, shorter barrel than the Glock 17 and cheaper. Lightweight, accurate, low recoil, and as simple as it gets to field strip and clean. But you should try out different models at a range, find what feels the best in your hands.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:48 pm

IMO you can't go wrong with S&W. Mid range pricing and total reliability

I have a 5 round revolver that fires Plus P ammo which is far and away all you really need...never ever ever fails

S&W MP Compact 9MM..nice and small and as heavy as anyone would want to carry

Also have a Sig .380

IMO, anyone of the 3 is the place to start and I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with a Taurus

If you going to put a gun in your pocket, buying cheap is just not an option
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Just got back from the mall. I've changed my mind. Lock and load.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6445
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dem425 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Due to the initial tone of this thread, I wasn't going to pimp any brand of guns, BUT..........

CDT and Peeker are absolutely RIGHT!...Hi-Point 9mm are UNSAFE and unreliable...I've seen it first hand on the range failure to fire, jam incessantly and slide is designed NOT to lock on last round fired (which is an unsafe characteristic IMO). They are made in Mansfield presumably from old inmate's cafeteria trays.

Like Peeker and FMB, I have opted for a 5-shot revolver when I carry...BUT, as opposed to their S&W (which are fantastic) I opted for a Ruger SP101, DAO, .357 and likewise I carry +P Hydra-Shok.........

No more technical gun talk..........I'd hate like hell for Eeyore's head to explode right before Festivus or Samhain or whatever he celebrates.........
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:16 pm

S & W .357 Magnum 7 shot, for the house.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Some of you reactionary nut bags can sign this http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... res/60280/

Then give yourselves a once over
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Sorry for the Thread Jack. We can cut the techie talk, I'll have a lot to learn.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:04 pm

FUDU wrote:S & W .357 Magnum 7 shot, for the house.


Best thing for the house is a 'coach gun'....22" double barrel 12 ga shotgun

Next on my list is a .410 ga derringer
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: The Gun Question

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:13 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Some of you reactionary nut bags can sign this http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... res/60280/

Then give yourselves a once over



I still haven't heard on good reason why anyone here or anyone in America should give a rats ass about some Limey's opinion of its politics

Get rid of your Kings and Queens and Princes and get back to US....take the money that decrepit wrinkled old whore Elizabeth gleans from the tereasury and give it to poor Muslims and prove to the rest of the world how fucking righteous you are

Fucking hypocrite
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest