Text Size

No Holds Barred

Our weather

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Our weather

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:00 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Everything Peeker said is the truth. Facebook sucks, and so does everyone else's kids. Winter sucks. I love the hot weather. CDT can go fuck himself on his birthday while he's not at the Clutch concert.

Why didn't you come to the Dayton show, turd-nugget? I did Shrooms and you would have loved it. Me talking about seeing sound vibrations and goblins in the speakers.

Good times.............................

He had to be back in the office early the next morning to swap out Highlights magazines in the waiting room. Can't let Goofus and Gallant get stale for his patients
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Everything Peeker said is the truth. Facebook sucks, and so does everyone else's kids. Winter sucks. I love the hot weather. CDT can go fuck himself on his birthday while he's not at the Clutch concert.

Why didn't you come to the Dayton show, turd-nugget? I did Shrooms and you would have loved it. Me talking about seeing sound vibrations and goblins in the speakers.

Good times.............................

He had to be back in the office early the next morning to swap out Highlights magazines in the waiting room. Can't let Goofus and Gallant get stale for his patients

Fuckin' A right. And if I catch anynkids circling the hidden pictures with a crayon or a pen, ruining it for the next kid, he better strap in to that chair tight. No lidocaine for you fucko!

And CDT, I'd have been at that Dayton show if I didn't suck at life and actually knew about it.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Well my birfday is a better reason to miss the show than you being stupid.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 pm

LMAO

It simply never fails.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 pm

FUDU wrote:LMAO

It simply never fails.

Dafuq you talking about?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:44 pm

FUDU wrote:LMAO

It simply never fails.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Um today.

The first snow is always hilarious in this town, to the point it should be a holiday.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 am

FUDU wrote:Um today.

The first snow is always hilarious in this town, to the point it should be a holiday.

Thought you were talking about the annual, apocalyptic, 'buy your groceries and bottled water now!!!!!!!' reaction from the news assholes. And they wonder why people were watching the weather in their Seaside Heights living rooms when Sandy destroyed it.

Supposed to actually get more snow today, but they're about 5-11 inches off of that 6-12 inch call.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Round Two on Wednesday. Early estimates say 4-8", but 6-12" for Toledo/Detroit area. Little wind shift could blow that here.

Or we may not get anything. Who knows.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:20 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Round Two on Wednesday. Early estimates say 4-8", but 6-12" for Toledo/Detroit area. Little wind shift could blow that here.

To me that smells of a light dusting and some 20mph wind gusts.

Get your bottled water!!!!

Still convinced people actually die believing the latest warning is another Boy Who Cried Wolf deal.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Round Two on Wednesday. Early estimates say 4-8", but 6-12" for Toledo/Detroit area. Little wind shift could blow that here.

Still convinced people actually die believing the latest warning is another Boy Who Cried Wolf deal.

Peek if there is not at least a foot of snow on the ground for black powder , I'm going to be pissed. I gots a freezer to fill, and the doe I tagged opening day has got me less then half way there.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Govbarney wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Peek if there is not at least a foot of snow on the ground for black powder , I'm going to be pissed. I gots a freezer to fill, and the doe I tagged opening day has got me less then half way there.

I've shot two but split them with the old man I hunt with so I'm in same boat. Ill take snow covered woods and field but I'd prefer just enough for contrast.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Govbarney wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I've shot two but split them with the old man I hunt with so I'm in same boat. Ill take snow covered woods and field but I'd prefer just enough for contrast.

I'm of the school of thought that, snow covered woods and bitter cold nights gets them moving around during the day, which is the key to getting them in front of my muzzle.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Lovely day.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah this one is happening, but whatever it is what is always has been. If the heavy winds stay away it will just be a lot of snow to deal with a day or two.

FUDU

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Not our weather, but this video of the tornado that hit Washington, Illinois over the weekend is heartbreaking and incredible:

http://digg.com/video/horrifying-footag ... 30-seconds
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Our weather sucks.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:59 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Our weather sucks.

Yeah, but the way people deal with it, and the city deals with it, sucks worse.

FUDU

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:18 am

In 20 days we have gone from historic low temperatures from the Polar Vortex, to 70* and tornados, to 8" of snow.

I had to buy a snow shovel for the first time in 9 years last night.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am

2 inches of snow , and Atlanta turns into the zombie apocalypse... I cant help but chuckle a little at that.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am

Govbarney wrote:2 inches of snow , and Atlanta turns into the zombie apocalypse... I cant help but chuckle a little at that.

That is a fine example of local government mis-management on a grand scale.

Houstonians freely admit we suck at all things winter-related. Here, schools close the day before the possibility of ice. As opposed to Atlanta, where hundreds of thousands of dumb asses and unfortunate school kids commuted, only to have everyone flee for their lives 4 hours later when the storm, forecasted well in advance, starting dropping snow on a city with a ton of elevated roadways and no salt trucks, snow plows or winterized emergency vehicles.

Stupid is as stupid does
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby kennesawmountainwahoo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:28 pm

I work just north of ATL (6 or so miles), live about 20 miles north of the city. I left my workplace just after noon yesterday. Got home at 3:23 AM. No shit.
kennesawmountainwahoo

Favorite Player: Shark Tank
Least Favorite Player: Rebuilding Again

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm

kennesawmountainwahoo wrote:I work just north of ATL (6 or so miles), live about 20 miles north of the city. I left my workplace just after noon yesterday. Got home at 3:23 AM. No shit.

We make fun of the southern cities like Atlanta that shut down when it gets a few inches, but it's not like they have a giant fleet of plows sitting around, I would assume. Doesn't surprise me that it's a big damn mess for the rare snowstorm.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby kennesawmountainwahoo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Right, they don't spend the money for something they need every 5 or 10 years, I guess. And it isn't the snow, it's the ice. A couple of inches thick on the road by the time a truck does roll around. And in my case (and around 200-300 other cars in that particular area), the only reason a truck came is because there were two school buses full of kids.
kennesawmountainwahoo

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:25 pm

kennesawmountainwahoo wrote:Right, they don't spend the money for something they need every 5 or 10 years, I guess. And it isn't the snow, it's the ice. A couple of inches thick on the road by the time a truck does roll around. And in my case (and around 200-300 other cars in that particular area), the only reason a truck came is because there were two school buses full of kids.

The way I understand it, there are/were people trapped at work and school. Why didn't everyone stay home? Was it a lot worse than they were predicting or something?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby kennesawmountainwahoo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:39 pm

kennesawmountainwahoo wrote:The way I understand it, there are/were people trapped at work and school. Why didn't everyone stay home? Was it a lot worse than they were predicting or something?

It was supposed to hit farther south and less severe. Then it hit late in the morning, and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was told to go home at once. Schools, workplaces, government, everyone at once. Add in the ice and you have a gridlock that you couldn't imagine living in the north, where people know what to do. I called my wife at 1 AM and told her not to expect me for another 12-18 hours. I got lucky.
kennesawmountainwahoo

Unread postby hebner20 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Moscratch, a very rational response - especially from a northerner and especially from you, a noted [insert insult here]. As Kenny said above it was a total screw up in the forecasting. If there was a slight chance of a single snow flake they would have cancelled everything. I have only been down here 3 years but I can tell you snickering is not the correct response. I got that from family members still up north too. It makes no sense for them to have the equipment since it is a rare event to get measurable snowfall. Right before I got down here in feb 2011 they had a bad event too.

On a side note, it brought back memories for me when I had to shovel my driveway today. The memories were not good ones. I came from the snow belt in geauga county. :pb:

This was the first time I saw snow that actually stuck on the roads sinceI have been here. In the 60's this weekend. :dingle: :nanner:

There are so many people in metro Atlanta, that when ANYTHING goes wrong there is such a fine line between normal and chaotic anarchy. Kind of scary if you let it bother you. Folks down here were really pretty helpful and that was good to hear about. (Helping strangers and the like.)

Cheers.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Well, I labled at least 2 posters here "dumbasses" and for that I apologize.

I projected what was communicated in Houston - "winterstorm warning, expect sleet, freeezing rain and ice on all elevated roadways - stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary" to a similar type of warning in Atlanta. I did not realize that no snow was forecasted for Atlanta metro. A bad situation all around, especially when kids are sleeping in school buses and moms are pushing infants in strollers along the interstate.
mattvan1

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 am

matt, I take no offense to your comments. I don't know who you thought you offended but I am fine.

it was 4 degrees here this morning!! I don't miss that crap. I do find THAT offensive.
hebner20

Unread postby kennesawmountainwahoo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:36 pm

hebner20 wrote:matt, I take no offense to your comments. I don't know who you thought you offended but I am fine.

Same here, Matt, no offense taken at all, in case you were referring to me.
kennesawmountainwahoo

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 pm

kennesawmountainwahoo wrote:
hebner20 wrote:matt, I take no offense to your comments. I don't know who you thought you offended but I am fine.

Same here, Matt, no offense taken at all, in case you were referring to me.

I just lumped all Atlanta residents into that category then realized you guys actually lived there! Also confused by all the weather people saying "we told you so" and all the city officials saying "the forecast was wrong"
mattvan1

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 pm

There is. A lot of finger pointing going on about who was at fault and heard that the national weather service changed the forecast at 3 or 4 in the morning and notified various gov't officials but at that point businesses were unaware and the slow wheels of gov bureaucracy moved too late. I was unaware even at 10 am that it was going to hit the fan and I have all the iPad updates etc. This is a rare case when I side with the gov't.

The worst is over now as the roads are mostly fine with the temps rising and the sun adding to the melt.

That is all from "hot'lanta"
hebner20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

hebner20 wrote:Moscratch, a very rational response - especially from a northerner and especially from you, a noted [insert insult here]. As Kenny said above it was a total screw up in the forecasting. If there was a slight chance of a single snow flake they would have cancelled everything. I have only been down here 3 years but I can tell you snickering is not the correct response. I got that from family members still up north too. It makes no sense for them to have the equipment since it is a rare event to get measurable snowfall. Right before I got down here in feb 2011 they had a bad event too.

On a side note, it brought back memories for me when I had to shovel my driveway today. The memories were not good ones. I came from the snow belt in geauga county. :pb:

This was the first time I saw snow that actually stuck on the roads sinceI have been here. In the 60's this weekend. :dingle: :nanner:

There are so many people in metro Atlanta, that when ANYTHING goes wrong there is such a fine line between normal and chaotic anarchy. Kind of scary if you let it bother you. Folks down here were really pretty helpful and that was good to hear about. (Helping strangers and the like.)

Cheers.

I honestly don't know what the hell got into me.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 pm

I got this from the Youngstown National weather service website. I am sure it I similar to the Cleveland area except for snow fall amounts which will be completely different due to the lack of lake effect down there. This is through 2012 as it was published in Feb 2013. I downloaded this as a PDF and then I converted it to a jpg and the I cropped this thing and it is still huge - sorry.

here is link to the site:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cle/climate/yng ... p10yng.pdf

Yng weather data AA.jpg
Yngstwn Weather
Yng weather data AA.jpg (139.71 KiB) Viewed 696 times
hebner20

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:00 pm

It was 86 here today and gorgeous. I have worn nothing but shorts (except for 2 days) outside of work since April. Love it! Going to be in the 80's tomorrow and have a bike ride scheduled.

Sweatshirt weather can kiss my butt.

Pardon the outburst. -----> self inflicted punishment administered. :pb:
hebner20

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:17 am

hebner20 wrote:It was 86 here today and gorgeous. I have worn nothing but shorts (except for 2 days) outside of work since April. Love it! Going to be in the 80's tomorrow and have a bike ride scheduled.

Sweatshirt weather can kiss my butt.

Pardon the outburst. -----> self inflicted punishment administered. :pb:

It's deer hunting season. 40* and sun is perfectly fine by me. I'll even allow for 55-60* during the day.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred