Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Triple-S wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
comish wrote:Pretty effective bad first round pick.....T Rich that is :)


Yup. Any time you can get a guy that can get 2 and a half every touch, like today, gotta trade up.

Need a guy to finish off a 6 yard drive? Trade up for him.

Any time you get a guy that effects an offense less - way less, than Alfred Morris or Kirk Cousins, you gotta trade up.

Every time TR scores a touchdown or makes a good play, get on here and post - ignore the fact the team is moving the ball worse than about anyone in the league, just keep postin.'

Not sure what part of a particular running back not really effecting moving the ball positively is all that complicated. You got about 6 years of weekly data that backs it up.

But, go TR, great pick....I guess.


Can't hear you over the sobbing from the entire fucking fanbase.

need a fucking tissue?

Richardson by the way right now is on pace to tie Jim Brown's rookie season in terms of rushing yards. All while playing at "80%".

We gave up what? a 4th round pick to move up for that? oh boohoo.


Umm, might wanna read the board this week.

It explains why breaking Jim Brown's rushing total has little value.
Awww F it. Probably need to explain it to you anyway.

Don't need a tissue, just shove it up your ass.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby rbm0183 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Noodle wrote:I've come to the conclusion that every other rookie QB in the league looks better than ours.


This.

Right here this.

Is the reason why I've distanced myself from watching the Browns this year.

I've never seen a group of whinier fans. "WELL WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN RG3".

SHUT UP. And it's not been just this board, but everywhere.

This team is clearly showing signs of improvment across the board.

"b-b-but he's not good enough! I want a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers"

again, don't care. it's damn near infuriating to read this board as of late because that has been the exact pattern of posting.

To dust off an old chestnut, don't like it, "Go root for the 'skins"


Yeah, you're right. How dare anyone not simply be happy enough with the level of progress made by this 5-9 team to ignore the reality that Kirk Cousins just outplayed the 29-year old QB we took in the first round. QB isn't that important, anyhow. A true fan settles for mediocrity there as long as there are "signs of improvement" in other areas.
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
User avatar
rbm0183
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:04 am
Location: Home of the hideous yellow blazer
Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Never thought I'd be so in agreement with leadpipe on anything. This year's first round draft was a disaster, not only in player selection but in opportunity costs. Anyone with the slightest bit of football intelligence knew that drafting a RB at 3 was a huge mistake, and yet Heckert traded up to make that mistake. Then, he compounded it by taking a QB at 22 with absolutely zero upside. The sooner Banner fires his ass the better.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:24 pm

jfiling wrote:Never thought I'd be so in agreement with leadpipe on anything. This year's first round draft was a disaster, not only in player selection but in opportunity costs. Anyone with the slightest bit of football intelligence knew that drafting a RB at 3 was a huge mistake, and yet Heckert traded up to make that mistake. Then, he compounded it by taking a QB at 22 with absolutely zero upside. The sooner Banner fires his ass the better.


The hell did it matter?

You gave up a worthless late round pick for it. Would you rather have obayana/injury prone hardesty in the backfield?

And if you didn't possibly do it to guarantee the pick you're stuck with Justin Blackmon who has done exactly, what for the Jaguars?

Jesus, any fucking thing to pick at. Richardson was an okay draft pick for the position they were in, and the value they could possibly get out of it. And don't say "Well they could have traded down". No, because that would have been scrutinized even more by the fanbase.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Triple-S wrote:
jfiling wrote:Never thought I'd be so in agreement with leadpipe on anything. This year's first round draft was a disaster, not only in player selection but in opportunity costs. Anyone with the slightest bit of football intelligence knew that drafting a RB at 3 was a huge mistake, and yet Heckert traded up to make that mistake. Then, he compounded it by taking a QB at 22 with absolutely zero upside. The sooner Banner fires his ass the better.


The hell did it matter?

You gave up a worthless late round pick for it. Would you rather have obayana/injury prone hardesty in the backfield?

And if you didn't possibly do it to guarantee the pick you're stuck with Justin Blackmon who has done exactly, what for the Jaguars?

Jesus, any fucking thing to pick at. Richardson was an okay draft pick for the position they were in, and the value they could possibly get out of it. And don't say "Well they could have traded down". No, because that would have been scrutinized even more by the fanbase.


Not sure about your reading comprehension.

"Any fucking thing to pick at"

No, a response to a topic that's been going on all week. Don't like it? Don't comment on it.

And Hardesty, or any other back you wanna pick started all year, the Browns would be the same team.

Slowly....the RB doesn't matter all that much, so replacing him isn't that tough. A running back that isn't even averaging 3.5 a carry is even easier to replace.

Trent Richardson, whether he is, was or will ever be a great player, has gained the Cleveland Browns the same shitty season they've had the pas dozen years.

Settle down Triple, and stop with the condescending shit.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Triple-S wrote:
jfiling wrote:Never thought I'd be so in agreement with leadpipe on anything. This year's first round draft was a disaster, not only in player selection but in opportunity costs. Anyone with the slightest bit of football intelligence knew that drafting a RB at 3 was a huge mistake, and yet Heckert traded up to make that mistake. Then, he compounded it by taking a QB at 22 with absolutely zero upside. The sooner Banner fires his ass the better.


The hell did it matter?

You gave up a worthless late round pick for it. Would you rather have obayana/injury prone hardesty in the backfield?

And if you didn't possibly do it to guarantee the pick you're stuck with Justin Blackmon who has done exactly, what for the Jaguars?

Jesus, any fucking thing to pick at. Richardson was an okay draft pick for the position they were in, and the value they could possibly get out of it. And don't say "Well they could have traded down". No, because that would have been scrutinized even more by the fanbase.

The Cleveland Browns sent the Nos. 4, 118, 139, and 211 picks to Minnesota in exchange for the third overall pick in the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ichardson/
Yeah, that was a worthless late round pick. As well as the 118th and 139th picks. Short memories some of us have.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Let's all chill out and smoke some reefer. Mellow.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Enough with the Triple S and running back shit....

Look, this game was the epitomy of what's wrong with the squad. As alluded to earlier in the week, the battle you need to win in the NFL is head coach and QB. Problem with the Browns is it's idiot/rookie.

Look, both team started that game pretty much defending the same way. Box was filled...not gonna let you run between the tackles. ONE coach sees this, and after about two drives, you've got proper adjustment. The other head coach continues to run the same 5 plays he's run all year, ignorant of what the hells going on out there.

The ONLY possible way for the Browns to move the ball as things were, was over the top. Yet they looked that way about twice thru 3 quarters. If you're gonna be stubborn, mine as well give yourself a chance. But that would be thinkin'

And Weeden needs to shake the "Big 12 complex," and fast. That is, you can't wait for guys to be wide open before you throw them the ball. Happened multiple times every week for him last year. Those days are over. Way over. This is causing him to play the game afraid.

Lastly, notice how the Redskins, back-up rookie and all, didn't try to run the enrire 2nd half clock out once they got up. "We trust you Kirk," is a winners mantra, "Don't blow it Brandon," is a losers. And a reason only one QB was afraid this afternoon.

And I'm not even going to bring up after halftime, when there is more time for adjustments. Cause the only time the Browns haven't been crippled by their idiocy after the bell, is when they've played the KC's and Dallas', and the other squads lead by humps. Shurmer vs. someone competent is going to lose the 2nd half about every GD time.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 pm

I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.

The 1980's 49ers crap is getting old. Also, Shurmer is gone. So that should be interesting.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Wait, you mean beating the hapless Chiefs doesn't mean Shur! is a good coach and should get another shot next year?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Weeds was a terrible pick that high.

Colt wins the same number of games and doesn't cost them a 1st rounder


Fuck Colt McCoy with a chainsaw.


Certainly. But a similar level of production wouldn't have cost #22.


So would starting Dennis Northcutt.

The results are less than spectacular, but I still can't fault trying to upgrade over Colt.

Just like I won't protest if they try to upgrade over Weeden. If the guy ain't gettin' it done and you don't think he'll ever get it done, you don't just stick with him. Not at QB.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 pm

A f$%%^cking pathetic display. Out coached on both sides of the ball. I have no clue what the Hell we were trying to do today. Weeden......brutal. Thankfully the West Coast O will be gone. Weed needs to be in shotgun and throw it downfield. This horizontal shit is for the birds. He does appear to have Derek Anderson syndrome.

We made Cousins look like Fran Tarkenton today.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 pm

It took a whole, but the defense finally gave up today. They played great in the first half, decently for the next 1.5 quarters and gave up in the last few minutes. Shurmer's lost the team. He puts little faith in his QB and it shows. So long Pat. You can now go back to being an overrated, half wit offense coordinator.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
User avatar
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Here's what I'd do: dump McCoy since who cares about experienced backup at this point (and Colts are a dime a dozen) and make Thad Lewis the #2. That way if either of the last 2 are blowouts, you get him some PT.

Then you take a high potential guy in, say, the 3rd or 4th and if Weeden shows nothing new next year then you bench him at 4-8 or whatever and see what you've got in he better of Lewis/rookie.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:02 pm

This game was an absolute joy to watch. After the last week or so of idiots trying to justify two wins over teams even shittier than us, hopefully reality will set back in.

this team has more talent than last year, it still does not have a competent head coach or a franchise QB.

And by the way, I wouldn't blame Heckert for the Weeden pick, that STUNK of Mike Holmgren, just like the Colt pick a few years ago.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 pm

justmebd wrote:This game was an absolute joy to watch. After the last week or so of idiots trying to justify two wins over teams even shittier than us, hopefully reality will set back in.

this team has more talent than last year, it still does not have a competent head coach or a franchise QB.

And by the way, I wouldn't blame Heckert for the Weeden pick, that STUNK of Mike Holmgren, just like the Colt pick a few years ago.


Some day someone will have to explain to me the phenomenon where fans of a team will rejoice in the death of hopefulness for fans of that same team.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby comish » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:41 pm

leadpipe wrote:
comish wrote:Pretty effective bad first round pick.....T Rich that is :)


Yup. Any time you can get a guy that can get 2 and a half every touch, like today, gotta trade up.

Need a guy to finish off a 6 yard drive? Trade up for him.

Any time you get a guy that effects an offense less - way less, than Alfred Morris or Kirk Cousins, you gotta trade up.

Every time TR scores a touchdown or makes a good play, get on here and post - ignore the fact the team is moving the ball worse than about anyone in the league, just keep postin.'

Not sure what part of a particular running back not really effecting moving the ball positively is all that complicated. You got about 6 years of weekly data that backs it up.

But, go TR, great pick....I guess.


Dude is gonna break rookie records for this team....I just don't buy the logic that he is a bad pick.

I've read you many times before syaing the Browns need playas...I believe they found one in T Rich. You point to his Yards per Carry and I'll point to the fact he set a rookie franchise TD record....scoring TDs are sort of important ya know.

How about this? We re-evaluate when the Browns bring in a coach who isn't a complete jack wagon, implement a scheme that ISN'T from the 80s and THEN we see where we are?

As far as Weeds goes...JFC is he making it hard to defend that pick

What a cluster today was :gah: :gah: :gah:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Today was funny.

In a Darwin Awards kind of way, but still funny.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22630
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?


ADP is close to breaking Eric Dickerson's single season record, 300 yards away.

I don't think the runningback is extinct as everyone keeps insisting they are. You have to have a threat to set up the pass at least.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Triple-S wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?


ADP is close to breaking Eric Dickerson's single season record, 300 yards away.

I don't think the runningback is extinct as everyone keeps insisting they are. You have to have a threat to set up the pass at least.


The point isn't so much the value of the position but do you need to move up to draft a RB at #3 overall. Personally I love TR. I would love him more if he were a pass rushing OLB or DE.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Np
Last edited by mattvan1 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby DrPoove » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 pm

leadpipe wrote:Enough with the Triple S and running back shit....

Look, this game was the epitomy of what's wrong with the squad. As alluded to earlier in the week, the battle you need to win in the NFL is head coach and QB. Problem with the Browns is it's idiot/rookie.

Look, both team started that game pretty much defending the same way. Box was filled...not gonna let you run between the tackles. ONE coach sees this, and after about two drives, you've got proper adjustment. The other head coach continues to run the same 5 plays he's run all year, ignorant of what the hells going on out there.

The ONLY possible way for the Browns to move the ball as things were, was over the top. Yet they looked that way about twice thru 3 quarters. If you're gonna be stubborn, mine as well give yourself a chance. But that would be thinkin'

And Weeden needs to shake the "Big 12 complex," and fast. That is, you can't wait for guys to be wide open before you throw them the ball. Happened multiple times every week for him last year. Those days are over. Way over. This is causing him to play the game afraid.

Lastly, notice how the Redskins, back-up rookie and all, didn't try to run the enrire 2nd half clock out once they got up. "We trust you Kirk," is a winners mantra, "Don't blow it Brandon," is a losers. And a reason only one QB was afraid this afternoon.

And I'm not even going to bring up after halftime, when there is more time for adjustments. Cause the only time the Browns haven't been crippled by their idiocy after the bell, is when they've played the KC's and Dallas', and the other squads lead by humps. Shurmer vs. someone competent is going to lose the 2nd half about every GD time.


Coach who can motivate and make adjustments.
Elite QB.

We'll see about Richardson at #3 but Weeden at #22 was/is a shit show. I was hoping that he could be the guy "to get us to THE guy" but I have seen zero progress out of him over the past month plus.

Throw in the small window of a career he will have and it makes that pick at #22 even worse. Don't have time for him to develop, if that is possible, which is a legit question at this point.

As far as Shurmur... that leopard has shown its spots many times already.

Poop sandwich Sunday.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
User avatar
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am
Location: Lakewood, OH
Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:58 pm

The more you cover this shit, the more you enable the next fucktard.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?


ADP is close to breaking Eric Dickerson's single season record, 300 yards away.

I don't think the runningback is extinct as everyone keeps insisting they are. You have to have a threat to set up the pass at least.


The point isn't so much the value of the position but do you need to move up to draft a RB at #3 overall. Personally I love TR. I would love him more if he were a pass rushing OLB or DE.


Sheard wasn't looking too bad today.

But the OLB does leave a lot to be desired, agreed.

There really wasn't a guy to fit that mold though this year. If there was that JJ Watt type, than hell yeah, draft away. Just it was slim pickings for us needs wise after RG3 and Luck were off the board.

I still see value within Weeds though. Maybe not an elite guy, but I'll give him a break, he's a rook. He's got about 2-3 years imo, depending on how things go.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm

I haven't read through all of the posts yet so if this is echoing a lot of your sentiments I apologize, but I am so done with Weeden, I don't want to see him get another year, just cut the cord now, it's not going to get any better with him. Can we trade for Kirk Cousins?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:This game was an absolute joy to watch. After the last week or so of idiots trying to justify two wins over teams even shittier than us, hopefully reality will set back in.

this team has more talent than last year, it still does not have a competent head coach or a franchise QB.

And by the way, I wouldn't blame Heckert for the Weeden pick, that STUNK of Mike Holmgren, just like the Colt pick a few years ago.


Some day someone will have to explain to me the phenomenon where fans of a team will rejoice in the death of hopefulness for fans of that same team.

You missed the point, this loss now gives up hope. A continuing string of wins that would've led to the retention of Shurmur would've been the death of hopefulness.

I am now hopeful.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:I haven't read through all of the posts yet so if this is echoing a lot of your sentiments I apologize, but I am so done with Weeden, I don't want to see him get another year, just cut the cord now, it's not going to get any better with him. Can we trade for Kirk Cousins?


Awesome

who do you want?

Matt Barkley?
Landry Jones?
Tyler Wilson?
Geno Smith?
or EJ Manuel?

I say none-of-the above.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:The more you cover this shit, the more you enable the next fucktard.


This sounds like something I'd agree with if I knew what it meant.

I am drunk, though.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Triple-S wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:I haven't read through all of the posts yet so if this is echoing a lot of your sentiments I apologize, but I am so done with Weeden, I don't want to see him get another year, just cut the cord now, it's not going to get any better with him. Can we trade for Kirk Cousins?


Awesome

who do you want?

Matt Barkley?
Landry Jones?
Tyler Wilson?
Geno Smith?
or EJ Manuel?

I say none-of-the above.


I know, you're 20 something, you have all the answers and all the trendy snarky replies, jk, but yeah I don't want any of them either, I've just seen enough of Weeds, maybe Alex Smith for one year, anyone that can throw the ball over the reach of the defender would work for me.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Fantastic

Deadspin is reporting that London Fletcher's family was attacked after the game. His 57 year old aunt had a heart attack.

There's always more to the story but, yeah, way to go cleveland fan.

Again
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Fantastic

Deadspin is reporting that London Fletcher's family was attacked after the game. His 57 year old aunt had a heart attack.

There's always more to the story but, yeah, way to go cleveland fan.

Again


Is this the same bogus source that brought us "Little Jets Fan is Tackled By Adult Browns Fan"?

In the end, reality or urban legend... it don't matter.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 pm

Triple-S wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?


ADP is close to breaking Eric Dickerson's single season record, 300 yards away.

I don't think the runningback is extinct as everyone keeps insisting they are. You have to have a threat to set up the pass at least.



This is to the point. AP will break the single season rushing record....and the Vikings MIGHT make the playoffs.

When Super Bowl time comes it'll be Shane Vereen or Knowshown Moreno or whomever runs the ball for GB, cause I'm not sure I know.....you know, just like the last 6 years.

Accusing people they are extinct (which isn't what I'm doing, incidentally) is better then not being able to name a decent Super Bowl back in recent years.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

TouchEmAllTime wrote:I know, you're 20 something, you have all the answers and all the trendy snarky replies, jk, but yeah I don't want any of them either, I've just seen enough of Weeds, maybe Alex Smith for one year, anyone that can throw the ball over the reach of the defender would work for me.


I'm really doubting Alex Smith is taking his talents to Cleveland. And is he really that much of an upgrade at this point? I'm seeing what Kapernick is doing right now, and I'd venture to say he was thoroughly rewarded by the talent around him.

Your options right now are pretty much Weeds at this point. There is not a single person out there who's an upgrade. Not a single QB. You're not getting the Lamborghini of a Tom Brady or even the BMW of an Eli Manning, may as well make due with the 04 Honda Accord sitting in the Garage.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:11 am

No, Alex Smith makes no difference here.

Seeing as his team was 6-2-1 and they still saw fit to bench him, I don't see him going to Cleveland and making us anything more than what we already are.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 am

Time to start scouting the 2014 class of QB's. 'Cause we're gonna have a new head coach, and we're gonna lose a bunch of games. Who's out there?
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 am

leadpipe wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'd be moreso interested to see how this team would look with a more modern NFL offense.


Uh, you do realize that in a "modern" offense TRich becomes even less relevant than he is now?


ADP is close to breaking Eric Dickerson's single season record, 300 yards away.

I don't think the runningback is extinct as everyone keeps insisting they are. You have to have a threat to set up the pass at least.



This is to the point. AP will break the single season rushing record....and the Vikings MIGHT make the playoffs.

When Super Bowl time comes it'll be Shane Vereen or Knowshown Moreno or whomever runs the ball for GB, cause I'm not sure I know.....you know, just like the last 6 years.

Accusing people they are extinct (which isn't what I'm doing, incidentally) is better then not being able to name a decent Super Bowl back in recent years.


At the risk of piling on and further beating this dead horse, the guy who was across the field from AP yesterday is close to reaching 10,00 yards for his career. One of only 15 people in league history to do so. Pretty big stuff, right?

Number of winning seasons in Steven Jackson's 8 year career with the Rams?

Zero.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

mattvan1 wrote:
At the risk of piling on and further beating this dead horse, the guy who was across the field from AP yesterday is close to reaching 10,00 yards for his career. One of only 15 people in league history to do so. Pretty big stuff, right?

Number of winning seasons in Steven Jackson's 8 year career with the Rams?

Zero.


He actually became the 27th player to reach this milestone, so about half as big stuff as you are claiming.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:51 am

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
At the risk of piling on and further beating this dead horse, the guy who was across the field from AP yesterday is close to reaching 10,00 yards for his career. One of only 15 people in league history to do so. Pretty big stuff, right?

Number of winning seasons in Steven Jackson's 8 year career with the Rams?

Zero.


He actually became the 27th player to reach this milestone, so about half as big stuff as you are claiming.


Is he the 15th to do it with one team?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:54 am

motherscratcher wrote:Fantastic

Deadspin is reporting that London Fletcher's family was attacked after the game. His 57 year old aunt had a heart attack.

There's always more to the story but, yeah, way to go cleveland fan.

Again


Police tazed and arrested members of Fletcher's entourage. No one else was arrested.

Sounds like someone was in the wrong here, but it probably wasn't the fans "attacking" them.

Fletcher acted like a huge dick the entire game. How much you wanna bet his entourage acted the same?

Tell your aunt not to come back, London.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Lubber wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
At the risk of piling on and further beating this dead horse, the guy who was across the field from AP yesterday is close to reaching 10,00 yards for his career. One of only 15 people in league history to do so. Pretty big stuff, right?

Number of winning seasons in Steven Jackson's 8 year career with the Rams?

Zero.


He actually became the 27th player to reach this milestone, so about half as big stuff as you are claiming.


I'll need to fire my fact checker.

Point remains the same.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3656
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Fantastic

Deadspin is reporting that London Fletcher's family was attacked after the game. His 57 year old aunt had a heart attack.

There's always more to the story but, yeah, way to go cleveland fan.

Again


Police tazed and arrested members of Fletcher's entourage. No one else was arrested.

Sounds like someone was in the wrong here, but it probably wasn't the fans "attacking" them.

Fletcher acted like a huge dick the entire game. How much you wanna bet his entourage acted the same?

Tell your aunt not to come back, London.


Guy kept crowing all week about how he was from Cleveland. You woulda thunk he issued the hillbilly alert to his family before Sunday.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Skins @ Brownies - Let 's make it four edition

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 pm

It would have been more fitting if Garcon's entourage got attacked, trash talkin punk.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests