Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Hannahan a hot commodity...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Hannahan a hot commodity...

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

MLBTR projected a $1.5MM salary for third baseman Jack Hannahan if he'd gone through the arbitration process in 2013. The Indians elected to cut the defensive-minded 32-year-old loose instead. Suddenly, with Eric Chavez and Jeff Keppinger signing at the Winter Meetings, Hannahan has become a relatively hot commodity in a weak third base free agent market. The latest:

The third base market is still crazy enough that Hannahan asked teams for a multiyear deal, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. He says the Marlins are interested in Hannahan and have also asked the White Sox about Brent Morel.

Hannahan is inspiring a bidding war, tweets Jon Heyman. He's been linked to the White Sox, Reds, and Twins, among other teams.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#BHDsJQCDjEJexGSd.99

Teams are in a bidding war for him, but had we signed him to that $1.5M deal and tried to trade him, all of these teams would have poo-pooed him as a marginal player, offering us little or nothing in return.

This is why I love baseball.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB