Text Size

College Sports Arena

Coaches leaving before bowl games

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Coaches leaving before bowl games

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:11 am

I realize that these coaches have every right to get a job at another school. However just as Lebron had the right to leave, it still gives me a bad taste. You have schools like Kent and NIU that have had their best season in history and then the coaches leave before the bowl games. It also screws over the already committed high school seniors. Although, there is no way I would have committed to Kent as a senior because you just know Hazell was going to be gone eventually. I understand that they like to leave immediately so that they can try and get their preferred recruits to the new school in the last two months until signing day but it would still just suck to be a player and feel your coach deserted you.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Re: Coaches leaving before bowl games

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:I realize that these coaches have every right to get a job at another school. However just as Lebron had the right to leave, it still gives me a bad taste. You have schools like Kent and NIU that have had their best season in history and then the coaches leave before the bowl games. It also screws over the already committed high school seniors. Although, there is no way I would have committed to Kent as a senior because you just know Hazell was going to be gone eventually. I understand that they like to leave immediately so that they can try and get their preferred recruits to the new school in the last two months until signing day but it would still just suck to be a player and feel your coach deserted you.

It would suck more to play for a guy that has his head somewhere else.

You get a job offer with a huge raise, you asking your new employer to give you another month to finish a huge project you are working on now...or you giving 2 weeks and bailing?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

It's been a long, long.......looooonnnng time since anything about major collegiate athletics has been about the kids.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 am

leadpipe wrote:It's been a long, long.......looooonnnng time since anything about major collegiate athletics has been about the kids.

That is why I hate the facade of the student athlete and the indentured servitude of NCAA Amateurism.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena