Text Size

The Gamblers Den

33 Pool

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

33 Pool

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Got in one of these this year. 32 guys, $100 a man. Every guy gets a team. I drew the 49ers. Like $200 a week goes towards a pot that builds and pays out when a NFL team scores exactly 33 points.

Not one team has scored 33 points this year through 11 weeks. Over 2 G's in there when someone hits it.

Cool concept ... every week this years theres been teams that had chances to hit it but couldn't do it. Fun to follow.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: 33 Pool

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 pm

The "33" is my favorite football poll, I been in one for about 7 yrs at a bar and have seen some big pot's. The way we do it is $10 per entry each week, and your randomly drawn a new team each week. no team gets 33 that week or the team that gets it isn't drawn, the pot rolls over to the next week, and in some cases next season. It also has no limit to the amount of people who enter, so you have a possibility of a split pot.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Return to The Gamblers Den