Text Size

College Sports Arena

B1G coaches still Butthurt?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

B1G coaches still Butthurt?

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... -ten-teams

Shazier not first team is a JOKE. Mauti is soooo overrated.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: B1G coaches still Butthurt?

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Media did a much better job, I thought...picking Simon, Shazier and Roby first team on defense...also Travis Howard (for some crazy reason, probably having something to do with his tying for the league lead with 4 picks?)

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... ual-awards
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Miller B1G Offensive Player of the Year. More evidence that the B1G coaches (who had him 2nd team) are just freakin butthurt. Dino, Belima, and Pelini are going to be crying for a long time.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:52 pm

John Simon is the defensive POY.

Surprisingly Meyer is not the COY (O'Brien). Last OSU coach to win coach of the year? Earle Bruce, 1979.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm

I actually believe OBrien deserved COY.

Not to take away from Urban but between the schedule and the "no pressure of the season", I think OBrien's job was better this year.

Urban will have plenty of opportunities to win his share...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby bac5665 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:51 pm

It's pretty clear that the B1G CoY is not awarded fairly. Tress would have won 3 to 9 of the things if it was.

OBrien did a pretty remarkable thing. But so did Urban. And OBrien's thing was remarkable because of criminal acts that his university covered up. Urban's was simply remarkable. I'd give Urban the nod, but I agree that O'Brien deserves plenty of recognition for his efforts.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Return to College Sports Arena