Text Size

College Sports Arena

scum week

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

scum week

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:51 pm

It's your first michigan game Urban, slam dunk these fucks.

OSU - 52
scum - 33
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: scum week

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:49 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 pm

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby BruceK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Let's move our way toward the guts of the matter and ask what happens without Toussaint (as poor a year as he had) in the lineup and with Gardner/Robinson in the backfield.

You're likely looking at a ton of misdirection and an attempt to confuse the second 7 for the OSU defense.

It bothers me a bit because Boren, while willing, is playing his 5th or 6th game and can get lost at times and Shazier has shown the propensity to get caught out of position as well. I have to believe UM goes with a lot of misdirection to try and capitalize on that and get GGardner Robinson into a secondary that has made missed tackles an art form.

Looking at the matchups and the game itself briefly, I'm wondering if 55 points is going to contain the final score. I think UM tries to go Wisconsin route on the Buckeyes and shows a lot of 8/9 man fronts to try and bottle up Braxton. They're nowhere near as good at it as Wisconsin but that's likely to be there plan. Miller is going to have to hit a few throws down field and Hyde will need to have a good day inside IMO.

Am I off here? Anyone see it a lot differently?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:Let's move our way toward the guts of the matter and ask what happens without Toussaint (as poor a year as he had) in the lineup and with Gardner/Robinson in the backfield.

You're likely looking at a ton of misdirection and an attempt to confuse the second 7 for the OSU defense.

It bothers me a bit because Boren, while willing, is playing his 5th or 6th game and can get lost at times and Shazier has shown the propensity to get caught out of position as well. I have to believe UM goes with a lot of misdirection to try and capitalize on that and get GGardner Robinson into a secondary that has made missed tackles an art form.

Looking at the matchups and the game itself briefly, I'm wondering if 55 points is going to contain the final score. I think UM tries to go Wisconsin route on the Buckeyes and shows a lot of 8/9 man fronts to try and bottle up Braxton. They're nowhere near as good at it as Wisconsin but that's likely to be there plan. Miller is going to have to hit a few throws down field and Hyde will need to have a good day inside IMO.

Am I off here? Anyone see it a lot differently?

I actually think losing Fitz helps scUM a little, bear with me. Touissant is not a great RB, I was never concerned about him as a contributor. Now we get a bunch of unknowns. Unknowns are probably better than he is and we know less of what to expect.

If I were game planning against tOSU's D, I would send my outside receivers deep and try to hit one or two on Howard, while sending Roby's WR deep just to get Roby downfield. I would then attack OSU's D short, with a possession based passing game, if you keep the routes short it nullifies any advantage OSU's DL may have in the trenches. Additionally, the guys on the outside give such a big cushion that there is room out there to facilitate this short passing game. Once tOSU switches to zone to take away the short stuff you can hit some of those intermediate short routes and probably run the ball a little better. Indiana laid a very good road map to gouging this OSU D by attacking its weaknesses.

If I were game planning against the O I would stack the box play 2 spies and dare someone other than Hyde or Miller to beat you. They won't, at least not the way that Miller is currently constituted as a QB. Either our WRs cannot get seperation or Miller can't see them, either way you should be OK if you make Miller beat you with his arm until he proves that he can. One thing I would like to see the OSU O do is vary the running game a little better. They get caught in this rut where every play is either a slower developing option play/designed QB run or a designed RB run. There is a delay in the draw and option game that allows time for the D to react (some) and as the D anticipates the reads and slows down their "flow" they become more effective against the draw. You could catch them napping with some well placed dives and ISO.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/ ... ody-hayes/

"Before the famous 10-year war began, Woody Hayes infamously went for a two-point conversion leading Michigan 50-14. When asked about the controversial call Hayes responded “because I couldn’t go for three.”

Rumors are swirling in the Ohio State athletic office that Urban Meyer might honor Hayes by going for two on Saturday if the game is out of hand. Stoney asked if that would piss off Hoke.

“Yeah it would piss me off a lot,” Hoke said. “It won’t get to that point.”"

I would laugh for three straight hours if Urban pulled that move off.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/brady-hoke-urban-meyer-better-not-honor-woody-hayes/

"Before the famous 10-year war began, Woody Hayes infamously went for a two-point conversion leading Michigan 50-14. When asked about the controversial call Hayes responded “because I couldn’t go for three.”

Rumors are swirling in the Ohio State athletic office that Urban Meyer might honor Hayes by going for two on Saturday if the game is out of hand. Stoney asked if that would piss off Hoke.

“Yeah it would piss me off a lot,” Hoke said. “It won’t get to that point.”"

I would laugh for three straight hours if Urban pulled that move off.....

That would be OUTSTANDING. Please let it happen.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:45 pm

How do you think I came up with 52 for my prediction, Urban goes for 2 up 50-33.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 pm

I wonder if the weather will have any impact on the game. Game time temperature is going to be in the mid 30s with winds 15-20 mph.

Maybe we'll see more of Hyde and Smith.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm

If the weather turns I reserve the right to amend my prediction.

FUDU

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Browns and Bucks tomorrow ... looks like its gonna be about 30 degrees with wind and a chance of some precipitation.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 pm

OSU- 31

scUM- 23
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:OSU- 31

scUM- 23

Seems like a reasonable score if you double our points and halve theirs! FUCK 'EM. Amazing how I wake on scUM morning because I cannot sleep, and I am immediately filled with more hate for them then I have all year (and I pretty much hate them all year).

Bucks 31 scUM 17
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 am

Part of me thinks that Meyer finds a way to drop 50 on those guys. I have read on multiple sites that he teared up when talking about playing scUM at Earle Bruce's "Beat scUM" fund raiser. He obviously gets it.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 am

Anyone hear anything more about the reports that Simon is a game time decision with an unspecified injury? Can't imagine him not playing in this one.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:59 am

Scarlet and Gray- 43

Piss and blue- 21
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 am

swerb wrote:Anyone hear anything more about the reports that Simon is a game time decision with an unspecified injury? Can't imagine him not playing in this one.

I saw that too. I am sure he will play, I just hope he is well enough to be effective. I would rather have an effective player than an injured John Simon, just for the sake of playing in his last game in the 'Shoe. That said, I would prefer an effective John Simon (Wisconsin Game Simon) to all other options.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 am

Take a few minutes to watch this if you want to get fired up. Coach Meyer gets choked up for about a minute and then shows that he really gets what is going on around here.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2012/11/1 ... f-michigan

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 am

[quote="furls Amazing how I wake on scUM morning because I cannot sleep, and I am immediately filled with more hate for them then I have all year (and I pretty much hate them all year).

Bucks 31 scUM 17[/quote]

Have you ever thought about getting a life?

...or comitting yourself?
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:56 am

You mean like trolling websites for teams that I don't like? That kind of life? If only I could strive to reach your levels of awesomeness.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 am

furls wrote:You mean like trolling websites for teams that I don't like? That kind of life? If only I could strive to reach your levels of awesomeness.

Seriously Furls, it's time to get a life. Join the armed forces and serve your country...go back to school and further your education...something. Anything. Just get a life.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 am

motherscratcher wrote:
furls wrote:You mean like trolling websites for teams that I don't like? That kind of life? If only I could strive to reach your levels of awesomeness.

Seriously Furls, it's time to get a life. Join the armed forces and serve your country...go back to school and further your education...something. Anything. Just get a life.

:thumb up:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 am

Bad weather score:

OSU - 30
Fags - 13

Good weather score: see above

There's a lot of things to hate in life, nothing is more worthy of my hate than a wolverine.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

I know, I really should do more but that Catholic charity that I sit on the board for has just been eating up my time. I mean I guess I could be running around posting on scUM websites or some other team that I hate just to try to make other people unhappy thereby making myself feel better about my standing in life. That appears to work for some.

Maybe that would cover the whole in my heart over turning down MIT's Sloan School of Business because I got more money from another top 15 business school. Actually, I do kind of regret that one, but I guess free is better than $132,000. Maybe I will do some of Sloan's Executive Certificate programs.

Anyways..... FUCK MICHIGAN and God Bless FMB.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:28 pm

That was an ugly coverage breakdown. I am not sure what they were supposed to be doing, but I am pretty sure that there was supposed to be more than 2 defenders for the 3 WRs and that let the deep guy go past you was not part of the coverage.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:31 pm

FMB would be impressed if one of his sons hadn't already graduated from MIT & had a PhD from U-Dub...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Damn, I live to impress you! I guess I failed.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Good that a glorified landscaper can live vicariously through his son! For someone with such a "life" you sure do spend a lot of time on message boards for a team you hate. You must be a very unhappy man. I feel bad for you.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Wow, Buckeyes did everything for them on that drive but actually run the offensive plays.

These guys are playing embarrassingly undisciplined.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Undisciplined play keeps hammering the Bucks this time around. Ugh. 14-10 bad guys, due to Philly muffing a punt and a roughing call.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Another FUCKING penalty.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Wow, how did the refs miss that facemask?

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Braxton reminds me of an awkward period that Ginn went through in sophomore year where he took a lot of really bad losses and made some bad plays by trying to make every play a big one, even when it is defended. If he learns to stop taking stupid losses this offense will vault forward.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I have no idea how they missed that facemask. O-line and Hyde starting to make a statement. Need to keep feeding 34 the ball.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Philly has been all over the place, really looking like he's in the flow... outside of him fucking up on that muffed punt.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, he has looked like a pretty dynamic player. I envision Jalin Marshall filling the same role in 2 years. I like Marshall's physicality and shake&bake more than Brown.

Nice tackling on the wishbone TD run by Robinson. That was the worst play I have seen this D make this year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm

21-20 at the half... with a bit more discipline, would easily be 24-7. Ugh.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Buckeyes would be winning this game by 3-4 TDs if they played with some discipline today. 2 long TDs on blown defensive plays and a TD that was only scored because the drive was extended 2X by a muff and a personal foul after a 3rd down stop.

Absolutely awful showing.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 pm

furls wrote:Nice tackling on the wishbone TD run by Robinson. That was the worst play I have seen this D make this year.

The TD they allowed against MSU was pretty awful. Or that guy from Cal that scorched us and has done nothing the rest of the year.
fairvis

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:41 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 pm

That replay of the TD run shows exactly why I hate Christian Bryant. He makes no effort at all to wrap, and by drilling Robinson he ends up knocking over Travis Howard who is actually trying to wrap up.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that our coach just called out the officials on national TV in the middle of a game....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I don't blame him. That roughing call was weak (but probably decent). The missed face mask was inexcusable.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Why are we running our QB when our RB is getting like 10YPC? Miller looks so indecisive with the ball that it is driving me nuts.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Miller's dancing around too much right now. The lanes are there, but he's trying to be too fancy.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Should've just given the ball to Hyde there. Held on to the ball too long.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Braxton really needs to remember to look at the defense on his blind side. He never even looks that way. One of these days he is going to cough one of those up.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:26 pm

O completely self destructed on that drive. Sucks to get no points out of that.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Next

Return to College Sports Arena