Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 pm

It could be worse....

We could be the Jets
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 pm

...or the Chiefs.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:56 am

I think the Chiefs would handle the Jets. Dallas stinks and the Lions are goofy, I really thought they were gonna turn the corner this year. Maybe their 11-5 last year was like a Bengals 11-5 season, follow it with an 8-8 or worse.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:20 am

To quote ol' Dan Rooney, "Coach and Quarterback".

The Jets?

Have neither at this point.

Sanchez's success is pretty much linked to what was a decent surrounding cast, and a top flight defense. Darrell Revis being a good reason for that.

Rex has lost control of that team, though that may not be fully on him. You can only do so much when your dumbass GM decides that trading for a Popular Backup QB is top on the list of priorities.

Dallas with Romo is like the one girl who seems like she's into you at the bar, but then you find out she's tease. I keep waiting for him to turn the corner and have that one breakout game that proves he more than just an above-average QB, and well, nope.

They always seem to do well in the personnel department, but I'll be damned if they can ever find a legit coach with Jerry Jones roaming the sidelines.

The Lions?

Have something, it's all about scoring a little bit of luck in my opinion. Next year, we shall see.

The Chiefs?

Look, we KNOW they have some decent skill players. Jamaal Charles is pretty damn good, Hillis when he's not off his meds has had some good moments, and their receiving corp is decent.

Right now they're starting Brady Quinn at QB, and we know first hand his quality of play in this league. And Romeo? Just flat out one of the worst Head Coaches to ever don a Headset, his only competition being the person I mention next.

which brings us to that team.

The Browns.

For as much as Weeden is criticized on this board, I'm unsure if it's all his fault. He keeps showing me that he can ball, but often times it seems he's really hampered by the offense he's been set up in, which seems like something that would be based off an old 80's football Commodore 64 game, or a Coach that just flat out makes stupid game decisions.

You got a young defense that seems to really need a better secondary, a couple of young receivers that are STILL lacking a veteran presence, and a Runningback that has shown promise, but doesn't have a fullback to run behind.

The coach is an absolute joke. As mentioned before, to run his offense in today's NFL, would be like Urban Meyer digging out Woody's old playbook that would probably be defined as the wishbone before going against Alabama or Oregon. Ir's pretty sad that despite some of the ineptitude of some of the teams featured today, you could at least say their offenses LOOKED modern.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby LarsHancock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 pm

We could also give thanks we don't live in Egypt. A popular revolution to oust a dictator and they let the Muslim Brotherhood pick their leader who promptly declares himself a dictator. Time for another revolution. Lather, rinse, repeat - see #9 in my article

I'm also thankful I'm nowhere near a Wal-Mart today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... hones.html. Humanity at its worst - isn't the whole holiday season supposed to be a celebration of religious values? Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't punch an old lady to save $100 on a smartphone. Sigh.

But what I'm most thankful for is that the cauldron of wine I was guzzling last night didn't give me a skull-busting hangover like I expected. Still not sure of the math on that one - it's a Christmas miracle!

Just say no to Ryan brothers coaching.
LarsHancock

Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 pm

One of the best exhibits of what is wrong with so many people in America is the Thanksgiving holiday. Sitting around all day Thursday saying "I'm so thankful for my health, for my friends and family, for all the people in my life". Then less than 24hrs later we're cutting people off in traffic, stealing parking spots, pushing and shoving to get into a store, and cursing all the way to the check out line. All in the name of paying for stuff we don't need with money we don't have.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Like Animals.

Like wild fucking animals.

And to the point of this thread, the Jets and Browns are similiar in many ways, including running an archaic offense being directed by a guy that plays the game too slowly. And the whole "boob" coach thing.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm

FUDU wrote:One of the best exhibits of what is wrong with so many people in America is the Thanksgiving holiday. Sitting around all day Thursday saying "I'm so thankful for my health, for my friends and family, for all the people in my life". Then less than 24hrs later we're cutting people off in traffic, stealing parking spots, pushing and shoving to get into a store, and cursing all the way to the check out line. All in the name of paying for stuff we don't need with money we don't have.

Like most that get out of church every week too.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:35 pm

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Finally, a useful motherscatcher post.

Note the time, date and year gentlemen.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL