Text Size

College Sports Arena

NCAA investigating "Au'barn"

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

NCAA investigating "Au'barn"

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Yahoo! sports reporting NCAA is investing Auburn for multiple recruiting violations and may have reopened the Cam Newton case.

I am sure this will all be resolved and Auburn's good name will be cleared within 48 hours just like last time. Nothing to see here.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: NCAA investigating Aubarn

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 pm

What does Auburn have to fear if the NCAA is investigating Aubarn?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Alabama
Usually
Beats
Us
Round
November
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What does Auburn have to fear if the NCAA is investigating Aubarn?

I was making fun of the way the hillbillies down south say it on the Finebaum Show (XM 91). FWIW that show is awful, you will be reminded once per hour that racism still exists in this country.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:14 pm

furls wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What does Auburn have to fear if the NCAA is investigating Aubarn?

I was making fun of the way the hillbillies down south say it on the Finebaum Show (XM 91). FWIW that show is awful, you will be reminded once per hour that racism still exists in this country.

That's a pretty obscure reference to get there, Furls.

I thought you were excited and typed fast. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: NCAA investigating "Au'barn"

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

I can't believe everyone doesn't listen to that shit show at least after Bama loses.....

PAWWWWWL!!!!!!

It's a true American debacle (basically a bunch of illiterate Peekers yelling about Bamma football with the trolliest radio host ever running the show)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Seriously, I cannot listen to that show. It is AWFUL. If you are ever considering moving to the deep south, from South Carolina on down (excluding florida) and west to Arkansas, just listen to one hour of that show and you will wonder why we didn't let those folks secede.

So much thinly veiled racism, illiteracy, ignorance, poorly formed decisions and just out right "red-neckery."

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:49 pm

FWIW, I won't believe any of this crap until the COI gives Au'barn their penalty, 2 hours of community service and a $50.00 fine.

They have investigated Au'barn about a thousand times and have never really dropped the hammer on the single dirtiest program in NCAA sports. They are all dirty, just none quite as corrupt as Au'barn. Google Milton McGregor and Bobby Lowder one day if you are bored. Remember when those former Au'barn players came out and said they were paid to play in 2011 on HBO?

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
furls wrote:

That's a pretty obscure reference to get there, Furls.

I thought you were excited and typed fast. ;-) ;) :wink:

It's not just the way they talk...the 'Bama people refer to Auburn as "The Barn" the same way we call Michigan "TSUN" or "scUM"
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 am

You'd have thought Auburn and those SEC teams would have learned by now that this cheating thing just doesn't pay.......umm...

Anyway...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 am

It only doesn't pay if you self report or are caught in a federal investigation. Unless of course, Yahoo!sports catches a whiff. How sad is it that they are the de facto primary investigative agency for the NCAA?

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 pm

furls wrote:It only doesn't pay if you self report or are caught in a federal investigation. Unless of course, Yahoo!sports catches a whiff. How sad is it that they are the de facto primary investigative agency for the NCAA?

That would imply the NCAA acts on those investigations. Just ask Oregon and Miami.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Those investigations are currently in progress, unfortunately it takes the NCAA forever to do anything. I really wanted to see Oregon win it all this year and then have it stripped.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena