Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Real Dope on Gabbert

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: The Real Dope on Gabbert

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am

peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:What was the 411 on Colin Kaepernick at the combine? Did he have his pro day yet?

No his pro day is 3-27.

He got praise for his rocket arm. Very raw coming from a spread option offense. Footwork is not good coming from under center. He is a project mechanics wise but most feel he will be fine(footwork wise) with time because he is an elite athlete. That was the buzz.

Any round projections being discussed? This QB intrigues me.

I think last night you saw the reason so many of us liked this kid when he was coming out.

And he was taken by a great org with great support in place and has been developed the right way.

But Jeez, what a freaking athlete and what a freaking arm. And last night he looked like a born passer and a guy far more interested in throwing than running.

That was freaking impressive.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:What was the 411 on Colin Kaepernick at the combine? Did he have his pro day yet?

No his pro day is 3-27.

He got praise for his rocket arm. Very raw coming from a spread option offense. Footwork is not good coming from under center. He is a project mechanics wise but most feel he will be fine(footwork wise) with time because he is an elite athlete. That was the buzz.

I think last night you saw the reason so many of us liked this kid when he was coming out.

And he was taken by a great org with great support in place and has been developed the right way.

But Jeez, what a freaking athlete and what a freaking arm. And last night he looked like a born passer and a guy far more interested in throwing than running.

Won a 6 of Xmas Ale off my buddy that told me no way Kaepernick beats a vet like Campbell and I countered that the #2 QB prospect of the 2011 draft would win out over a career backup.

Yay 6 pack of beer I can't drink.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:

No his pro day is 3-27.

Won a 6 of Xmas Ale off my buddy that told me no way Kaepernick beats a vet like Campbell and I countered that the #2 QB prospect of the 2011 draft would win out over a career backup.

Yay 6 pack of beer I can't drink.

Kaepernick made some incredible throws last night. Kid's got a serious cannon. Why can't we have THAT version of the WCO? A dozen formations (I think I saw 4 TE's at one point) and pass/run audibles out of all of them. Bear's D was crushed.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm

^^^^^ That one is easy Shurmur vs. Harbaugh.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 pm

The one thing that made things seamless for Kaepernick and the Niners yesterday was that they've designed their offense around Alex Smith the last couple years.

In other words, they treat Alex Smith just like a guy comin' in out of the cold - just don't blow the game for us.

For the San Francisco squad, that game was no different in approach than the last 25 they've played, whereas Chicago paced around the whole week trying to devise a game plan in which their QB never lifted his right arm.

Harbaugh has fine tuned that efficient system. And Lovie's got about the worst O'line in the league.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 pm

leadpipe wrote:And Lovie's got about the worst O'line in the league.

Arizona.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:
leadpipe wrote:And Lovie's got about the worst O'line in the league.

Arizona.

Can't figure out if Arizona is the worst, or that Red Skelton and Kolb weren't doing them any favors.

Can't figure out if Indy is the worst, or that a young QB with some moxie is helping them out.

Can't figure out if Chicago is the worst, or the just hate their QB like everyone else.

Either way, those are my bottom 3.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Cowboys? We looked like the fearsome foursome last week.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL