Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Y Town Sports Bar

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Y Town Sports Bar

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 am

I'm going to be up in the Youngstown area next week for the Holidays, and am looking for a good place to watch the all games on Saturday. I was hoping some of the locals on the boards could point me in the right direction.

I'm staying down near Columbiana, but really any where around town is good.

Thanks
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Y Town Sports Bar

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am

Magic Tree on South Avenue has a great beer selection and a bunch of TV's in close proximity (former Youngstown Sports Grill), haven't tried their food yet.

There's a BW3 in the Southern Park Mall if you like the standard experience.

Blue Wolf in Canfield has a more of a bar scene and a pretty good menu. It's probably fine if you just want to focus on one game (they have mini TVs in their bar booths) but not ideal if you want to watch a few of them at the same time. Danny Boy's is next door to Blue Wolf and has great pizza and Stonebridge is also nearby with good food.

I'd probably go Magic Tree.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

All good suggestions above. Can't really go worng with B dubs. magic Tree is Phil Reda's new place. He's the owner of Vintage estates so if you want an absolutely supurb beer selection that's your choice. It'd get pricey though. I used to drop about $ 70 just "stopping in for a couple beers" at VE. Then again, I was pretty much a drunk.

Inner Circle Pizza in Canfield has a pretty nice set up as well. Raccoon Road will get you back down to Columbitucky way pretty uneventfully post games.

Sturuthers Los Gallos is cheap and actully has a really good set up. Seriously. Then again, I wouldn't drive through Poland if there is any chance in hell you blow over a .000000000001.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:37 pm

jb wrote:All good suggestions above. Can't really go worng with B dubs. magic Tree is Phil Reda's new place. He's the owner of Vintage estates so if you want an absolutely supurb beer selection that's your choice. It'd get pricey though. I used to drop about $ 70 just "stopping in for a couple beers" at VE. Then again, I was pretty much a drunk.

Inner Circle Pizza in Canfield has a pretty nice set up as well. Raccoon Road will get you back down to Columbitucky way pretty uneventfully post games.

Sturuthers Los Gallos is cheap and actully has a really good set up. Seriously. Then again, I wouldn't drive through Poland if there is any chance in hell you blow over a .000000000001.

Yep, stay the hell out of Poland. As a lifelong resident, I can't tell you how many times I stayed at my friend's house in Boardman when I was in my 20's just because I had "A" beer and it was after 11 p.m. (And don't get me started on the five-year war between myself and the Poland PD over a whole mistaken identity thing they just WOULDN'T-LET-GO.)

And I live right behind the Cemetary, which is past at least three potential hiding spots (Methodist Church, 224&170, 224&616) for the local boys in blue who consider giving people DUIs a form of competitive sport.

As for spots, there also is Tiffany's, right across from Mark's on Tiffany Blvd. The wings are great, they have a bunch of games on, but it is tiny and, depending on who's bartending, the service sometimes isn't that great. But the wings are great and they don't charge as much for beer as Bdubs or Magic Tree.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry