Text Size

No Holds Barred

Election Day Game Thread

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 pm

That has nothing to do with handouts Peeker, it has far more to do with a modern two party shit-hole where the politicians are focused on getting reelected instead of running an actual gov't.

They all line the pockets of whoever will make that happen. If that money wasn't going into one pocket (maybe via handout) it would simply be shoved into another person's pocket.

There is already talk that the SuperPac's literally bought the house this time around because it was deemed the best bang for their buck in terms of spending....

Bitching about social handouts completely ignores the true problem and that is a broken ass political system where votes and elections are bought and reelection governs choices instead of accomplishment (and spare the second term president shit, because with a Republican House and a Senate that is victim to what will be endless fillibustering nothing is changing in the next four years and it would have been the same had Romney won).

As too all empires falling, the disaster that has unfolder int he EU and China over the last two years has given us hope. The Olympics were the worst thing to ever happen to the Chinese, because labor wage increases and westernization are now very real desires. They have their own set of fucks to be fucked by.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:03 pm

BTW: IT is the new US manufactoring sector. If that transition finalizes the economy will stabilize. Also important: all the fucking baby boomers dying so we can have a managable and creative populace again.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I agree with that. What I'm saying is we've reached (or maybe did some time ago) what appears to be critical mass. Inefficient businesses go under or are forced to adapt/merge/sell/etc. Inefficient governments and societies will too. Regardless of their size. Maybe not now or in a decade or even a century, but they do. At some point it has to be addressed (if that's still possible) and you have to take as hard a look at the inefficiencies in social/government programs/spending as businesses do on their expenditures, etc.


All empires fall, dude.


Amen. We in that stage or is it fixable? And if it's fixable are we set up to fix it or perpetuate the fall? I guess that's my question.


I don't think we're in that stage yet. Fixing it is the tough question because we rely on these fucksticks in DC to fix it. So yeah, we're fucked. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:52 pm

It's not bitching about social handouts. I'm fine with those when needed. It's implementing, administering and modifying them when necessary that pisses me off. It's not chasing bad programs with worse programs and and it's being responsible about giving more blood when you yourself have a sucking chest wound and need blood.

And yes, you're definitely right about the PACs and two party systems. Kill them all. $6billion + spent on the 2012 elections. Mandel spent $15m vs Sherrod Brown, almost all of it private interest bullshit.

Kill it.

Just tell me who and how it happens.

Start somewhere. Anywhere.


e0y2e3 wrote:That has nothing to do with handouts Peeker, it has far more to do with a modern two party shit-hole where the politicians are focused on getting reelected instead of running an actual gov't.

They all line the pockets of whoever will make that happen. If that money wasn't going into one pocket (maybe via handout) it would simply be shoved into another person's pocket.

There is already talk that the SuperPac's literally bought the house this time around because it was deemed the best bang for their buck in terms of spending....

Bitching about social handouts completely ignores the true problem and that is a broken ass political system where votes and elections are bought and reelection governs choices instead of accomplishment (and spare the second term president shit, because with a Republican House and a Senate that is victim to what will be endless fillibustering nothing is changing in the next four years and it would have been the same had Romney won).

As too all empires falling, the disaster that has unfolder int he EU and China over the last two years has given us hope. The Olympics were the worst thing to ever happen to the Chinese, because labor wage increases and westernization are now very real desires. They have their own set of fucks to be fucked by.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby olecowboy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:59 pm

The empire will stand, but not for reasons that any of you seem to be able to discern.

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G K Chesterton

Because of something much more sublime.

"Give me your tired, your poor. . ."

It will stand precisely because of why Romney didn't win this election.

"Your huddled masses yearning to be free"

And it has nothing to do with the economy, or entitlements, or the market.

"The wretched refuse of your teeming shores. . ."

Nothing that you can graph or plot.

"Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me"

Andrew Cohen, writing in "The Atlantic" has a theory:



"If there is one thing this election has proven, if there is one thing I have come to know, it is that Americans don't like it when their right to vote is threatened. The very people whose votes the Republicans sought to suppress came out to vote. In places like Akron and Orlando and Denver and Milwaukee, they came. They waited in long lines and endured the indignities of poll workers. Yet they were not cowed. Today is their day. A day when they can look at one another and appreciate that they are truly a part of the history of civil rights in this country."


"Jacqueline Kane is a winner today. She is an elderly woman in an assisted-living facility in Pennsylvania, a beloved mother who voted first in 1952 and still remembers the day. GOP lawmakers in her state tried to take away her right to vote this year with a photo identification law that would have required her, at age 82, to take a bus and wait in a line. Her daughter stood up for her. So did thousands of other Pennsylvanians."

"You know who else is a winner today? Vietnam veteran Craig Debose, a longtime resident of South Carolina. Debose traveled 11 hours by train this summer to testify in Washington in the federal civil rights lawsuit brought against South Carolina for its restrictive photo identification law. A friendly lawyer asked him, "And why did you come all this way to tell the Court your story?" And Debose said: "So I can vote." This is a statement and a sentiment as American as any you can conceive. The Republicans cannot suppress this. Why would they even try?"

"I couldn't call Debose Tuesday night. He doesn't have a phone. Or a computer. Or a car, which is why he didn't have a driver's license, which is why South Carolina was trying to take away his right to vote. I'd like to think that Debose voted this year. And that he voted for the man who will appoint federal judges who will in turn vote to preserve our right to vote against the whims of the majority. But whether he did or he didn't, Debose's story has a happy ending. Fifty years after the war, his country had called him to serve once again. And, again, he had answered the call."


"I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

The empire will survive because of Craig Debose.

There's a statue in New York's harbor, perhaps Mitt Romney should go take a look at it sometime.
olecowboy
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:58 pm
Favorite Player: Alexander Pope
Least Favorite Player: Lane Adkins

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Golfclap my old friend.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah. Inspiring. Plenty of people were also "inspired" by a bus ride to the polls that promised a free sandwich on each leg of the trip.

Sorry- I'm a bit pessimistic these days.

But do let me know when we start to Craig DeBose the PACs and are ready for reform and y'all can pick me up. I'll bring the ammo and enough weapons for our truck-ful of patriots. Then I'll know enough people give enough of a fuck to actually DO something.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Now you're hating on free sandwiches?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Now you're hating on free sandwiches?


I love free sandwiches.

My favorite kind.

Never needed one to inspire me to vote, though.

I also love the folks who complain about having to show something proving who you are too. You can't buy a drink in the bar or pick up fucking Browns tickets at will call without an ID but suddenly it's tyranny to require someone show one to vote.

IT is the new manufacturing base but apparently pebbles in a coffee can is how we need to vote so as not to infringe upon the rights of those who aren't wanting an ID.

I wonder if the population of Rhodesia was flown in to vote on charter flight after charter flight by the GOP if ID would be seen as a solid idea?

How about we just do retinal scans at birth, you show up when you're 18 to vote and they just read your irises? Of course, if Zeke is born on the dirt floor in rural GA and one side or other wants his vote, someone's gonna be bitching about the fairness of retinal scans and how poor Zeke gets fucked because of his circumstances. Who does the bitching will depend on who needs the vote. No sense putting Zeke on that bus and wasting a couple free sandwiches if he can't be of use.

Jesus Christ.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also important: all the fucking baby boomers dying so we can have a managable and creative populace again.

Never happen. We baby boomers are gonna be around forever—and we're only praying that in 40 or 50 years all you young'uns will have accumulated enough wisdom NOT to vote for dickwads who spend more time campaigning and visiting with Leno and Whoopie than legislating.

olecowboy wrote:"Give me your tired, your poor. . .
"Your huddled masses yearning to be free
"The wretched refuse of your teeming shores. . .
"Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me
"I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

To review history: those tired, poor huddled masses came to the U.S. in the 19th and early 20th centuries seeking nothing more than a chance to make a life with little government intervention. They weren't seeking hand-outs. Hell, they weren't even seeking hand-UPs. They built their own homes, supplied their own food. If they needed help, they depended on their churches, their extended families, and their neighbors. They became laborers and craftsmen. Some even became captains of industry. All they yearned for was "to be free" without a massive, intrusive government looking over their shoulder at every turn. And the U.S. welcomed them, just as we do today. THAT is what those words on the Statue of Liberty stand for.
jerryroche
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Ol' No.23

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You do understand the unemployment is paid by companies. The more people you lay-off the more you pay, etc. This happens to try and dilute the cost because you have shit companies like Sale Jobs that have insane turnover and then you have stable companies that shouldn't be eating the cost.

I have no problem with shitty ass sales companies paying out their asses for laying people off.


That is true in normal times, the last four years have had crazy state overruns and the feds bailing out the states. 'course that money had strings which is why Ohio declined further EUC money from the feds.

Essentially its a fed/state mandated benefit you earn. Cuz otherwise you'd be paid more or the comapny would make more profit.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:29 pm

ETA
blah blah this was all covered as I read the thread...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm

You get five weeks to vote and are enticed with free stuff. Many of those enticed have never voted. People getting bussed to polling places. Once elected those people continue to give you free stuff. The whole while your life really sucks and you have no hope until they entice you with free stuff, and scare the shit outta you that other guy going to take yer rights and stuff. Freaking Obama never dismantled his machine in Ohio. Since Bush the Dem's have outsmarted the Rep's on every tactical maneuver. Had to rely on a dismal debate to even have a chance.

However, if the Republicans would drop the social issue shit, and not be afraid to communicate the common sense middle ground on them, well, I think there are still enough earners out there to win an election.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby comish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Pissing off all of the public employee unions last year probably didn't help the republican cause either

:hide:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 pm

olecowboy wrote:The empire will stand, but not for reasons that any of you seem to be able to discern.

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G K Chesterton

Because of something much more sublime.

"Give me your tired, your poor. . ."

It will stand precisely because of why Romney didn't win this election.

"Your huddled masses yearning to be free"

And it has nothing to do with the economy, or entitlements, or the market.

"The wretched refuse of your teeming shores. . ."

Nothing that you can graph or plot.

"Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me"

Andrew Cohen, writing in "The Atlantic" has a theory:



"If there is one thing this election has proven, if there is one thing I have come to know, it is that Americans don't like it when their right to vote is threatened. The very people whose votes the Republicans sought to suppress came out to vote. In places like Akron and Orlando and Denver and Milwaukee, they came. They waited in long lines and endured the indignities of poll workers. Yet they were not cowed. Today is their day. A day when they can look at one another and appreciate that they are truly a part of the history of civil rights in this country."


"Jacqueline Kane is a winner today. She is an elderly woman in an assisted-living facility in Pennsylvania, a beloved mother who voted first in 1952 and still remembers the day. GOP lawmakers in her state tried to take away her right to vote this year with a photo identification law that would have required her, at age 82, to take a bus and wait in a line. Her daughter stood up for her. So did thousands of other Pennsylvanians."

"You know who else is a winner today? Vietnam veteran Craig Debose, a longtime resident of South Carolina. Debose traveled 11 hours by train this summer to testify in Washington in the federal civil rights lawsuit brought against South Carolina for its restrictive photo identification law. A friendly lawyer asked him, "And why did you come all this way to tell the Court your story?" And Debose said: "So I can vote." This is a statement and a sentiment as American as any you can conceive. The Republicans cannot suppress this. Why would they even try?"

"I couldn't call Debose Tuesday night. He doesn't have a phone. Or a computer. Or a car, which is why he didn't have a driver's license, which is why South Carolina was trying to take away his right to vote. I'd like to think that Debose voted this year. And that he voted for the man who will appoint federal judges who will in turn vote to preserve our right to vote against the whims of the majority. But whether he did or he didn't, Debose's story has a happy ending. Fifty years after the war, his country had called him to serve once again. And, again, he had answered the call."


"I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

The empire will survive because of Craig Debose.

There's a statue in New York's harbor, perhaps Mitt Romney should go take a look at it sometime.

Well for the love of sweet baby Jesus.

Where the hell did you get kicked out of to end up here?

...and I've been calling the number on the back of my cinder block receipt for months, nobody answers.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13349
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Peeker, you very much missed OC's point.

The point isn't the masses running for change right now, nor is it claim the details regarding the former soldier and his ID (something I assume you don't know yourself, but OC probably does).

The point is that as long as somewhere in this country there still exists that fight and desire to preserve this country by the means that were fought for all those ages ago the spirit cannot be entirely killed. If all of that dies, America dies, but until then someone, somewhere is trying to keep the spirit alive.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Peeker, you very much missed OC's point.

The point isn't the masses running for change right now, nor is it claim the details regarding the former soldier and his ID (something I assume you don't know yourself, but OC probably does).

The point is that as long as somewhere in this country there still exists that fight and desire to preserve this country by the means that were fought for all those ages ago the spirit cannot be entirely killed. If all of that dies, America dies, but until then someone, somewhere is trying to keep the spirit alive.



Hence my point about calling when that truck full of patriots is ready to roll. And my ammo waiting for you guys whenever you need it. Don't tell me I missed the point when you missed that I didn't. Or maybe the overdone symbolism and metaphors weren't clear?

And yeah, the whole ID thing is about a forgotten soldier not having his. It's not about anything more than that. :thud:

As you're one of the smartest guys in the room, I can't tell if your synapses just shut down occasionally or you're being obtuse because you think you can slip by everyone else.

Or maybe 'smartest guy in the room' is extremely relative to this room. Either way, offensive and insulting. :salute:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:32 am

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Now you're hating on free sandwiches?


I love free sandwiches.

My favorite kind.

Never needed one to inspire me to vote, though.

I also love the folks who complain about having to show something proving who you are too. You can't buy a drink in the bar or pick up fucking Browns tickets at will call without an ID but suddenly it's tyranny to require someone show one to vote.

IT is the new manufacturing base but apparently pebbles in a coffee can is how we need to vote so as not to infringe upon the rights of those who aren't wanting an ID.

I wonder if the population of Rhodesia was flown in to vote on charter flight after charter flight by the GOP if ID would be seen as a solid idea?

How about we just do retinal scans at birth, you show up when you're 18 to vote and they just read your irises? Of course, if Zeke is born on the dirt floor in rural GA and one side or other wants his vote, someone's gonna be bitching about the fairness of retinal scans and how poor Zeke gets fucked because of his circumstances. Who does the bitching will depend on who needs the vote. No sense putting Zeke on that bus and wasting a couple free sandwiches if he can't be of use.

Jesus Christ.



If you really think they used sandwiches to "inspire" people to vote, you're insane.

Most of those people got a sack lunch because they were going to polling places with 4-5 hour waits.

The voter ID stuff is basic GOP bullshit to keep the elderly and poor from voting. They tried to pass that shit in PA, the problem is the GOP scumbags couldn't fine ONE SINGLE incident of voter fraud.

More Americans are killed by sharks than commit voter fraud.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Any person who doesn't think someone should have to show an picture ID to vote is a complete fucking moron and there is absolutely no hope for you.

Literally the dumbest fucking "voter suppression" schtick ever.

I have been denied from using my credit card for not having an ID, I can't buy booze with out an ID, yet having to show an ID to prove you are who you say is some how racist voter suppression?

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

Voting is a right, but it doesn't mean it doesn't include stipulations.

Back to work. I have leeches I have to pay for.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.

I never mentioned race.

The point the voter ID laws is to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The penalty for voter impersonation is up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. How many people are going to risk that?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby pup » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

How exactly would someone go about proving voter fraud?

You have a better chance of proving JFK shot himself than being able to pinpoint a voter fraud scheme. You would have to know who was doing it, with what people and what locations to even get started.

Or, you could require photo ID. At least if someone is going to go through the trouble of getting a fake ID, you are making them put forth some effort to do it.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm

How many voter fraud schemes have you heard about?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.


That is relaxed mutha fucka.

I am actually in a fine mood, I am about to go drink a thousand beers. I just hate people bitching about showing an ID to vote. Its amazing that there is an alternative.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Does Boulder smell like a Cypress Hill concert?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 pm

It did before. You can walk down Pearl Street in Boulder and more than a few people smoking in public. No one cares there, nor should they.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.

I never mentioned race.

The point the voter ID laws is to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The penalty for voter impersonation is up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. How many people are going to risk that?


Voter ID is the snuggie of political reform initiatives.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.

I never mentioned race.

The point the voter ID laws is to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The penalty for voter impersonation is up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. How many people are going to risk that?


Voter ID is the snuggie of political reform initiatives.



What's to stop me from going and voting as you next election? Except everyone would wonder why you were no longer a stark, raving asshole.

;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.

I never mentioned race.

The point the voter ID laws is to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The penalty for voter impersonation is up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. How many people are going to risk that?


Voter ID is the snuggie of political reform initiatives.



What's to stop me from going and voting as you next election? Except everyone would wonder why you were no longer a stark, raving asshole.

;-) ;) :wink:


Fine by me. And if anyone wonders where I am, I'll be at home on the couch, watching hoarders wrapped in my snuggie. And unlike you I'll be having no trouble grabbing the TV clicker or answering the phone due to a restrictive blanket without sleeves.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 am

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, someone's in a bad mood...... go light up and relax, fucko.

I never mentioned race.

The point the voter ID laws is to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The penalty for voter impersonation is up to 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. How many people are going to risk that?


Voter ID is the snuggie of political reform initiatives.



What's to stop me from going and voting as you next election? Except everyone would wonder why you were no longer a stark, raving asshole.

;-) ;) :wink:


Fine by me. And if anyone wonders where I am, I'll be at home on the couch, watching hoarders wrapped in my snuggie. And unlike you I'll be having no trouble grabbing the TV clicker or answering the phone due to a restrictive blanket without sleeves.


I bet you do have a Snuggie.

Honestly.... I believe it. I bet it's blue and has Joe Biden on it. :lmfao:

I hate you (I don't, really, because you amuse me to no end...but don't tell anyone)
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://bocanewsnow.com/2012/11/06/woman-wearing-mit-shirt-banned-from-voting-in-boca-raton/


Florida
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Coulda been worse. She could have worn a 'Duke' shirt to vote in the inner city.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:How many voter fraud schemes have you heard about?


17,324,742
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:16 pm

All engineered by the Albanian Mafia.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 pm

My people kill...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Orenthal wrote:My people kill...


Congrats?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am

How tough can Albanians be if Liam Neesom whoops their ass.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13349
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Liam Neesom also was killed by a Sith, but yer fully accurate if we are talking Hollywood.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 pm

This thread make me chuckle. No different than the Fox and MSNBC shows with Peeker as Hannity, OJ as Chris Wallace, and the syndicated FMB as Michael Savage.

But I only drive by to empty this banana clip on you retards who never understood in your tard-bubble what is really going on out there. This poll held :


(CNN) - The final polls are out and behind the national horserace is a fascinating dynamic – Mitt Romney is narrowly winning independent voters while President Obama is winning centrist voters by a nearly 20-point margin.
For example, here in the must-win battleground state of Ohio, the final CNN/ORC poll showed Romney edging Obama among independent voters by two points, 48% to 46%. But among moderate voters, Obama is crushing Romney by 21 points – 57% to 36%.

This is significant because in past elections independents and centrist voters have been largely synonymous–overlapping cohorts, reflecting the belief of many independents that the two parties are too polarized and disproportionately dominated by their respective special interests. But what I think we're seeing this year is the extended impact of the tea party – a growth in the number of independent conservatives that has moved the overall independent voting block slightly to the right. In turn, centrist voters are more likely to vote for Obama precisely because of the polarizing impact of the tea party and the intransigence of many conservative congressmen when it came to working in a good faith spirit of principled compromise with the Obama administration.

National polls also bear this dynamic out. In the final Pew poll of this election, Romney is winning independent voters by a three point margin, 44% to 41%. But Obama is winning centrist voters by a 21-point margin – 56% to 25%.


http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/05/battleground-blog-independent-and-centrist-voters-breaking-with-precedent/
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 pm

One thing is dead nuts for sure: any thread on this site where you mention or refer to 'centrist' is worth a read.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22504
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

How Obama's door to door efforts were far superior to Romney's.

Not sure if this any impact on the outcome, but nevertheless interesting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/09/the-romney-campaign-s-ground-game-fiasco.html
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

^I know Obama won 99% of the votes in many Cleveland precincts.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Election Day Game Thread

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Well obviously Obama went to 99% of the homes in those precincts , duh.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13349
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest