Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

SHUR

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: SHUR

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Even if you didn't have a replacement captain aboard the ship when the other captain mistakenly lights himself on fire 6 times and dies on the last one, someone should be able to safely keep it afloat.

How do you keep someone in charge who completely and consistently keeps fucking up the simplest responsibilities of his job?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:Even if you didn't have a replacement captain aboard the ship when the other captain mistakenly lights himself on fire 6 times and dies on the last one, someone should be able to safely keep it afloat.

How do you keep someone in charge who completely and consistently keeps fucking up the simplest responsibilities of his job?

If we're going to turn this thread to talk about the election Tuesday, we have to move it to No Holds Barred.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 pm

^^^^ That's f%^^%cking funny, I don't care who you are.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm

I turned the game off after the end of the first half. I couldn't take it anymore. Shur burned all of his time outs because he couldn't get his poor excuse for plays in on time. Then in true "Shur" fashion with a minute left till halftime, he runs it up the middle for no gain and burns 30 seconds from the clock effectively losing any chance of getting a shot in the end-zone. Pink slip should have been waiting for him in the locker room at halftime.
municipalmutt

Unread postby pup » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Nothing says well coached team like:

False start
False start
Timeout to avoid delay of game
1 yard run on 1st and 20
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 am

swerb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Even if you didn't have a replacement captain aboard the ship when the other captain mistakenly lights himself on fire 6 times and dies on the last one, someone should be able to safely keep it afloat.

If we're going to turn this thread to talk about the election Tuesday, we have to move it to No Holds Barred.

And much like the election, it won't make much difference who the Browns coach is either.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 am

pup wrote:Nothing says well coached team like:

False start
False start
Timeout to avoid delay of game
1 yard run on 1st and 20

The worst is that I feel he's regressing; the idiot decision making was at a fever pitch, in this one. First game this year that I can truly say coaching was the #1 reason why we lost.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby pup » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 am

Also thouroughly enjoyed the decision to run a semi-draw after the go ahead TD negating illegal formation penalty. Nothing says panic like "Damn I called a good play, what are the chances I call 2 in a row? Better be safe".

There is a long list of WTF, before you even get to going for it on 4th down on your own 30 with 4 minutes left. I guess he showed all of us idiots for complaining about him punting on 4th and inches against Indy.

Still have a job?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby comish » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm just praying I log in at some point and see the news that this Jack-A-Lope got canned......shrugs

I can't take anymore

Whether or not this team has the talent to move forward or not is being completely screened by the ineptitude of the coaching staff.....like we are once again wasting a year.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Well this is the perfect time to get rid of him and, considering the bye-week.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

pup wrote:There is a long list of WTF, before you even get to going for it on 4th down on your own 30 with 4 minutes left. I guess he showed all of us idiots for complaining about him punting on 4th and inches against Indy.

Still have a job?

How about Shur in the post game presser when a reporter asked him why he went for it on 4th down when it "went against his nature." Certainly a thought we ALL had. And then Shur's response only alluded to how can the reporter really know his nature. "I know you about as well as you know me." He avoided the question. And then he compares the two games that had 4th down decisions and says, "we didn't win either game, did we?" Like that was excusing his play calling and helping his case. He didn't realize that he was admitting what we all knew... he blew the call both times. Yes, Shur, you lost both games. Thanks for reminding us. You blew it both times.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:Well this is the perfect time to get rid of him and, considering the bye-week.

and who's gonna assume HC duties? Childress? Jauron?

Ride out the storm, if nothing else, he's pressers are pure entertainment.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Chilly needs to be gone almost as much as SHUR does; but do it now for Chrissakes, and send the message that this sh!t won't be tolerated. And I mean, could they be any worse than they are right now without him?
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Brian, liked your Fire Shurmur article today, especially agree with this passage:

I honestly can’t tell if Weeden simply blows or if it’s a combination of him struggling in an offense that’s doing nothing for him. And Haslam needs to know pretty damn soon about Mr. Weeden.

Probably argument #1 to can him.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm

I am obsessively checking Cleveland.com for breaking news that says Shurmy is gone, no success.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Brian, liked your Fire Shurmur article today, especially agree with this passage:

I honestly can’t tell if Weeden simply blows or if it’s a combination of him struggling in an offense that’s doing nothing for him. And Haslam needs to know pretty damn soon about Mr. Weeden.

Thank you. At least you saw it for the Browns message and aren't sending me hate-tweets or emails about teaching my 11 yr old daughter how to maim and draw blood. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby General » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Brian, liked your Fire Shurmur article today, especially agree with this passage:

Thank you. At least you saw it for the Browns message and aren't sending me hate-tweets or emails about teaching my 11 yr old daughter how to maim and draw blood. ;-) ;) :wink:

All girls should be taught to maim and kill in these days.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Certainly not. I've played enough soccer to know that a well-placed elbow or headbutt can grab someone's attention in a heartbeat, and there's way more blood in that sport than you'd expect. Gender doesn't matter and you don't tell your kids to roll over and take it just cuz they're 11.
Hikohadon

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Argument #2 can be made that he doesn't know what he has in Trich either. I know he's had a couple decent runs but they are not utilizing his potential either. Running up the gut with 8 in the box is not a recipe for success unless you are doing it against us.

Here's a simplistic idea SHUR: maybe try THROWING when in a power formation and RUNNING from a spread formation once in a while. You know, like the other 31 teams do. It might just benefit both rookies.
municipalmutt

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:03 pm

municipalmutt wrote:

Argument #2 can be made that he doesn't know what he has in Trich either. I know he's had a couple decent runs but they are not utilizing his potential either. Running up the gut with 8 in the box is not a recipe for success unless you are doing it against us.

Here's a simplistic idea SHUR: maybe try THROWING when in a power formation and RUNNING from a spread formation once in a while. You know, like the other 31 teams do. It might just benefit both rookies.

This is what people need to understand about running the football in 2012. Literally thousands of yards are being gained on the ground AGAINST THE NICKEL. Why in the holy hell do you think Belichik can send out any running back you've never heard of, including white midgets, to rip off seven yards a pop?

You know another play that gains thousands of yards these days? The back shoulder throw. Know why you didn't see it 10 years ago? Cause the rules were different and guys routinely - and legally got knocked off of routes, thus prohibiting confidence in that play.

So the fucking Browns not only trade up for a running back when CLEARLY the easiest way to move the football is through the passing game - whether you throw it OR run it, and complicate matters by taking that running back and run him into an 8 man box.

The reason their offense blows ain't too hard to figure out. What kind of a dumb ass must you be to play the game backwards.

EVERYONE in that offense is being robbed of their potential by being stuck in that dinosaur - even the ones that truly do blow would blow a little less under someone who understands how to gain yards in modern football.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:58 pm

^^^^^^ That. Like my Brother ( real coach) says, " You have no f%^^&&ing idea what you got up there, they are trying implement an offense that has been figured out for a decade. More tape than Ron Jeremy. IF you wanted to run something like that these days you would need superior talent & very dynamic play calling.

Shurmur does nothing to make the D think. They will kill Richardson, and Weeden has not been given one schematic advantage of which to work. It be like being the little kid walking to school with one arm tied behind your back and your Mom calling the neighborhood bullies & letting them know when to expect you and what pocket your lunch money is in."
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

pod2dawg wrote:^^^^^^ That. Like my Brother ( real coach) says, " You have no f%^^&&ing idea what you got up there, they are trying implement an offense that has been figured out for a decade. More tape than Ron Jeremy. IF you wanted to run something like that these days you would need superior talent & very dynamic play calling.

Shurmur does nothing to make the D think. They will kill Richardson, and Weeden has not been given one schematic advantage of which to work. It be like being the little kid walking to school with one arm tied behind your back and your Mom calling the neighborhood bullies & letting them know when to expect you and what pocket your lunch money is in."

Wasn't that the same thing the McCoy defenders were saying?

I'm not advocating McCoy, and again, it's friggin' shitty I even have to say that. Fact is, this team under Lerner, consistently, year-in and year-out, set EVERYONE up to fail from top to bottom. I can't wait to see how much changes once Haslem really puts his stamp on the team. I just don't see this kind of epic fail continuing. They still could fail, not debating that, but I think the "epicness" of the fail will disappear.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

From Josh Cribbs:

"I think the fact we haven't been winning [leads to] constant turnover," Cribbs said. ". . . Guys who have been here long, myself and Phil [Dawson], you see that. Different guys come here, you can't get tight-knit. It's hard to have a type of consistency with anything when you have so much change. So hopefully somebody comes and just makes it constant so we can get something started."

That my friends, is the writing on the wall right there. Everyone knows it, everyone wants it. Hell, I bet even SHUR at this point wants to be fired.

Halsem - pull the trigger. :dead:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm

bookelly wrote:From Josh Cribbs:

"I think the fact we haven't been winning [leads to] constant turnover," Cribbs said. ". . . Guys who have been here long, myself and Phil [Dawson], you see that. Different guys come here, you can't get tight-knit. It's hard to have a type of consistency with anything when you have so much change. So hopefully somebody comes and just makes it constant so we can get something started."

That my friends, is the writing on the wall right there. Everyone knows it, everyone wants it. Hell, I bet even SHUR at this point wants to be fired.

To be fair, Josh Cribbs shouldn't even be on the team. The fact that Shurmer keeps running him out there for kickoffs, that he returns to the 15-yard line from 8-yards deep, is borderline criminal.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

To be fair, Josh Cribbs shouldn't even be on the team. The fact that Shurmer keeps running him out there for kickoffs, that he returns to the 15-yard line from 8-yards deep, is borderline criminal.

You are right, but sadly, he is still the verbal leader of this team and I think boo's point was that the guy in that position made a comment about bringing in someone else, and that's probably the sentiment of his teammates as well.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

To be fair, he's still one of the better returners in the league, and he's had some monster returns called back for holds.

Otherwise, he's useless, and needs to be able to keep his mouth shut.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Giving this a bump because our "condom" (gonna feel great when we finally get rid of him) and our QB are getting into a kurfluffle in the press. Apparently, the SHUR is calling plays that aren't being practiced. The fact that he got called out on this indicates the obvious...the players hate him as much as we do.

Please Jimmy, end our misery and throw this jackass off the I480 bridge.

Personally, until he's gone, I'm the biggest fan of whomever the Browns are playing. Sunday I'll be rooting an absolute Pittsburg crushing of the Browns. I want it to be 51-0, the fan's pelting SHUR's head with white flags, and riots in the stadium as the dog pound attempts to kill our coach. I can dream.

/on a positive note - Weeds is working OT with the receiving corps after practice to cover all the shit the coach didn't do. Which is great by Weeds and the boys, but yet another indication of the level of incompetence we are dealing with.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 am

You would think if this game turns out to be an embarrassing route, Haslem would have to pull the trigger.

Losing in epic fashion to his former team seems to me to be something an admittedly competitive man like Haslem just would not be able to tolerate without making someone pay for it -- immediately.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Winning tomorrow won't save this clowns job, so I want this win. I live in Steeler country, so any win under any circumstances vs. them is always gratifying.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby BruceK » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Shurmuresque: Adj. Play-calling so predictable your 85 year-old grandmother knows what's coming next, interspersed by seriously WTF-decisions on third down.

A Shurmuresque pass is a three yard route when it is third and six.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Loved this: 2:30 to go, up by six. Run the ball 3 times up the middle for 3 yards. Fumble on the 3rd try but get a break because the rules are whacked. Punt. Play prevent defense.

Genius. Pure Genius.

/I know they won...but winning by 6 with the other team turning the ball over 8 times is not a win, that's getting laid by a 800 pound granny.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Big Money Player » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

So after the game, I'm watching the Red Zone and decided to flip back to see if a real game was on, but much to my dismay, it was Lil Fritz giving what could be one of the most uninspired locker room speeches in the history of sports!

Say what you want about the play calling, the talent or whatever else bugs you about this team, but I think a important quality of a successful head coach is to be a leader of men...

There's more than one way to skin a cat, for sure, but this man is so out of his league it's not even funny. He strikes me as the kind of guy that gets told what to do by his kids on a daily basis...
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
Big Money Player

Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

bookelly wrote:Loved this: 2:30 to go, up by six. Run the ball 3 times up the middle for 3 yards. Fumble on the 3rd try but get a break because the rules are whacked. Punt. Play prevent defense.

Genius. Pure Genius.

/I know they won...but winning by 6 with the other team turning the ball over 8 times is not a win, that's getting laid by a 800 pound granny.

I agree. How many points did we get off of those turnovers? A truly good team most likely gets 30pts off of 8 turnovers, not to mention the points they score on their own accord without the help from the opposing offense.

Pats, Ravens, Texans, Broncos, Bills and maybe the Bengals score 55-60pts today if they got that chance.

But it is a win over the Steelers, so suck it Pittsburgh.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Cleveland Frowns had the column headline of the day today:

"Browns Cause Eight Turnovers, Beat Third String Quarterback By Six"

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:30 am

They beat the Steelers and put a serious dent in their playoff hopes.

I don't care how they do it, that's all right with me.

I don't particularly care if they look good (or even win another game). Just beat the Steelers at home.
Hikohadon

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 am

I'll give Shurmer credit for this: his players play hard for him and there is something in that. We've seen this team quit on Mangini and Romeo in the past at this point in the season and Shurmer still has the locker room on his side. I still want a new coach at the end of the season but it should be noted that he hasn't lost the players. It may not matter though. Haslam didn't invest ONE BILLION DOLLARS of his own money to let some clown he doesn't trust lead his team.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 am

andrew6586 wrote:I'll give Shurmer credit for this: his players play hard for him and there is something in that. We've seen this team quit on Mangini and Romeo in the past at this point in the season and Shurmer still has the locker room on his side.

Not to get nit-picky, but that's not entirely true, especially in the case of Mangini (other than his season/career ending game against the Steelers). Browns were competitive through game 15 that year.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 am

mattvan1 wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:I'll give Shurmer credit for this: his players play hard for him and there is something in that. We've seen this team quit on Mangini and Romeo in the past at this point in the season and Shurmer still has the locker room on his side.

Not to get nit-picky, but that's not entirely true, especially in the case of Mangini (other than his season/career ending game against the Steelers). Browns were competitive through game 15 that year.

This. Not to mention it's much more likely that the players are playing to impress the new guys up top more than they're playing for Shurmur.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 am

andrew6586 wrote:I'll give Shurmer credit for this: his players play hard for him and there is something in that. We've seen this team quit on Mangini and Romeo in the past at this point in the season and Shurmer still has the locker room on his side. I still want a new coach at the end of the season but it should be noted that he hasn't lost the players. It may not matter though. Haslam didn't invest ONE BILLION DOLLARS of his own money to let some clown he doesn't trust lead his team.

This team is to young to quit on any coach. Allot of these guys are a bad play away from the citgo. The last four games are not only an audition for Shur, its a audition for every player on the team. With the exception of a handfull of "Franchise" guys everyone on this team is expendable.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 am

Rutigliano said on 92.3 the other day that the assistant coaches and support staff are the ones who keep the players motivated and focused. The HC's job is to lead the team during the game. These players aren't blind to see the way Shur Shurs this team game in, game out. One could definitley see the D playing motivated to do well for Jauron in order to have him stick around. Weeden and his comments acouple weeks ago regarding Shur shed a lot of light on how some players feel about the HC.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am

Fair points. I guess I jumped the gun to give him too much credit. Like I said though, it won't save his job.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am

I think it's a good sign that the team still plays hard and is motivated and is in every game.

I also think that Shurmur has amply displayed that his limitations as a play caller and play designer necessitate his removal.
Hikohadon

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I think it's a good sign that the team still plays hard and is motivated and is in every game.

I also think that Shurmur has amply displayed that his limitations as a play caller and play designer necessitate his removal.

What if they keep winning? *shudder.

/I guess that Banner could always fall back to the "new owner - new Prez -we're going in different direction even though SHUR was showing progress" line of bullshit.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 am

bookelly wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I think it's a good sign that the team still plays hard and is motivated and is in every game.

/I guess that Banner could always fall back to the "new owner - new Prez -we're going in different direction even though SHUR was showing progress" line of bullshit.

I don't think it's a hard sell. You just say "Remember what happened the last time a new regime kept a suckass coach jsu because he won some games at the end of a suckass season."
Hikohadon

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 am

Hikohadon wrote:
bookelly wrote:

I don't think it's a hard sell. You just say "Remember what happened the last time a new regime kept a suckass coach jsu because he won some games at the end of a suckass season."

I hope yer right. And if they want "continuity" they should keep Heckert. :pigs:

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 am

bump again.

This 'skins game should be the coffin nail no?

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 am

Fire shithead, and hire Kyle Shanahan.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Shurmer has finally gone for two in the fourth quarter... 15 weeks later.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 am

I'm just enjoying the return of snippy, condesending Shurms to his pressers.
Larvell Blanks

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL