Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

2013 MLB Free Agents with Projected Contracts

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

2013 MLB Free Agents with Projected Contracts

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: 2013 MLB Free Agents with Projected Contracts

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Lots of OF there for relatively short contracts. Trade Choo and sign a couple guys to fill the gap to Lindor and company.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:41 pm

There are a lot of mediocre players making $11-13M on that list.

Cody Ross appears to be this year's Josh Willingham. He's a slightly better defensive outfielder. Similar numbers to Willingham before the career year JW had this year.

Curious to see if the Indians are players for Napoli and possibly overpay a little. I guess it all depends on if they think they can contend at all over the next 2-3 years or not.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us in on Kevin Correia. Our type of free agent pitcher. Nothing flashy, low walk totals last two years. Joe Saunders wouldn't shock me either. Both are guys you can get for 2 years, at a reasonable salary, and are tradeable assets.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Sean Burnett, RP. Very good lefty reliever who should be appreciated this winter. Expert: $14.5 million, 3 years. Me: $16.5 million, 3 years.

That's a lot of coin for a setup guy, even a good one.

I still think Dan Haren's gonna end up signing a one year deal. Something spooked the Cubs out of that trade. His back must be questionable.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm

skatingtripods wrote:There are a lot of mediocre players making $11-13M on that list.

Cody Ross appears to be this year's Josh Willingham. He's a slightly better defensive outfielder. Similar numbers to Willingham before the career year JW had this year.

Curious to see if the Indians are players for Napoli and possibly overpay a little. I guess it all depends on if they think they can contend at all over the next 2-3 years or not.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us in on Kevin Correia. Our type of free agent pitcher. Nothing flashy, low walk totals last two years. Joe Saunders wouldn't shock me either. Both are guys you can get for 2 years, at a reasonable salary, and are tradeable assets.

If they think they can contend at all over the next 2-3 years they are either A. Delusional or B. Morons.

Neither of the above do you want steering the ship.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm

Mark Reynolds not offered by Baltimore and is a free agent.

I know he had a shit year last year, but that just means shorter contract. 1-2 years at $7-8mil per?

Not really exciting, but he's a guy that plays first, bats right, and has shown in the past he can hit HRs. Of course he won't help bring down the Tribe's astronomical K totals.

Worth a look?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:27 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Mark Reynolds not offered by Baltimore and is a free agent.

I know he had a shit year last year, but that just means shorter contract. 1-2 years at $7-8mil per?

Not really exciting, but he's a guy that plays first, bats right, and has shown in the past he can hit HRs. Of course he won't help bring down the Tribe's astronomical K totals.

Worth a look?

Absolutely worth a look. He's not a black hole defensively and can play 1B. Big RH bat with power. You can deal with his strikeouts if he hits you 25+ HR. I think he's worth a look for sure. He was hurt early last year IIRC and never really got on track.

I don't think they're in a contending position with him, but him and a couple of good starting pitchers at least makes them somewhat interesting.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 am

bookelly wrote:Lots of OF there for relatively short contracts. Trade Choo and sign a couple guys to fill the gap to Lindor and company.

Isn't it just Lindor?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Jumbo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 am

Delmon Young is the 13th best FA on the market. OK then.

35. Mike Napoli, C-1B. An off year offensively could hurt him. But his ability to play first base or DH helps. The Red Sox, who have eyed him for years, make sense. Expert: $9 million, 1 year. Me: $16 million, 2 years.

Actual contract: 3 years, $39M.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB