Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

jfiling wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:Shurmur and Chilly make it pretty tough on a rookie QB. He threw a number of bad balls, but how terrible can a QB be that at least gets his offense in in FG position 5 times? Think you guys are placing a little bit too much blame on his shoulders.

All the data you need on that question is here: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... =game_date

BTW, one of the QBs that makes that list, in a Browns victory, is one Brady Quinn. How terrible can he be?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 170buf.htm

EDIT: Damn, quite few Browns QBs have gotten us to 5 FG attempts.

Charlie Frye: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 050sdg.htm

Derek Anderson: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 180rav.htm

Colt McCoy: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 130cle.htm

Kelly Holcomb: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 020htx.htm

:hide:
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Mr. X » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm

bookelly wrote:This post-game presser is comedy gold.

High(or low)-lights?
User avatar
Mr. X
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:49 pm
Favorite Player: Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Papelbon

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 pm

jfiling wrote:
jfiling wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:Shurmur and Chilly make it pretty tough on a rookie QB. He threw a number of bad balls, but how terrible can a QB be that at least gets his offense in in FG position 5 times? Think you guys are placing a little bit too much blame on his shoulders.

All the data you need on that question is here: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... =game_date

BTW, one of the QBs that makes that list, in a Browns victory, is one Brady Quinn. How terrible can he be?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 170buf.htm

EDIT: Damn, quite few Browns QBs have gotten us to 5 FG attempts.

Charlie Frye: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 050sdg.htm

Derek Anderson: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 180rav.htm

Colt McCoy: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 130cle.htm

Kelly Holcomb: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 020htx.htm

:hide:


A lot of good/great QB's on that list too though... 20/37 for 176 today. His one pick (The other came during garbage time), came as a result of the receiver running the route wrong.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I don't know why but I'm just super extra bent after this week. And writing off Weeden as having no chance at being a legit NFL QB is something that's not going to make me feel any better.

Honestly, how good can you be with Brad Childress as your OC and SHUR as your HC?! It's plain as day to see that the playcalling is just plain awful.

His main problem is overthrowing receivers; how hard can that be to fix??

EDIT: And save those bullspit penalties at the end and we may have even won the dam game.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Two shit calls by the reffs.

SHURM did the Shurm. Terrible f%^&&cking scheme.

Receivers ( RB) not lining up correctly on a T.D. pass. Receivers not running sharp routes, and beyond the sticks. One on one all day on the outside. Reed playing center field.

Weeds not recognizing EARLY how f#$$%%cking wide open we were on the crossing routes underneath.

And the Ravens should be shot for not throwing it Boldin 75 times. They could have scorerd 60.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 pm

^^^^THIS; in a nutshell. Fire SHUR tomorrow. If they do I'll be so GD happy
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Mr. X wrote:
bookelly wrote:This post-game presser is comedy gold.

High(or low)-lights?


Currently to high to give the low-lights. Suffice to say...SHUR is a dead-man walking. And he knows it. (smoke)
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3347
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:03 pm

I had to work today. Did I miss anything?

(Peruses Page 2 of this thread)

Ok, nothing new here.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

justmebd wrote:I had to work today. Did I miss anything?

(Peruses Page 2 of this thread)

Ok, nothing new here.


Yup, don't worry. You've seen that same Browns game 100 times.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7675
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 pm

That was a truly spectacular effort by Head Coach and QB today.

Just fucking tremendous.

I'm programming my DVR now to not allow Browns games to be recorded.

Massaquoi running drag routes all day long with no one within five yards and Commander fucking Checkdown thinks it's unsafe to make even that throw.

Yet he's fine making every other stupid fucking throw he can make up when the clock in his head counts down.

And the book is growing on the big-armed Master of Panic.

Gonna be great.

My God, that was brutal.

HUGE step back.

Looking forward to next Sunday. Much less stressful.

Thank you.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22492
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:That was a truly spectacular effort by Head Coach and QB today.

Just fucking tremendous.

I'm programming my DVR now to not allow Browns games to be recorded.

Massaquoi running drag routes all day long with no one within five yards and Commander fucking Checkdown thinks it's unsafe to make even that throw.

Yet he's fine making every other stupid fucking throw he can make up when the clock in his head counts down.

And the book is growing on the big-armed Master of Panic.

Gonna be great.

My God, that was brutal.

HUGE step back.

Looking forward to next Sunday. Much less stressful.

Thank you.


No Browns, no tOSU. I haven't decided whether next weekend will be terrible or great.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7675
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:09 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:That was a truly spectacular effort by Head Coach and QB today.

Just fucking tremendous.

I'm programming my DVR now to not allow Browns games to be recorded.

Massaquoi running drag routes all day long with no one within five yards and Commander fucking Checkdown thinks it's unsafe to make even that throw.

Yet he's fine making every other stupid fucking throw he can make up when the clock in his head counts down.

And the book is growing on the big-armed Master of Panic.

Gonna be great.

My God, that was brutal.

HUGE step back.

Looking forward to next Sunday. Much less stressful.

Thank you.


No Browns, no tOSU. I haven't decided whether next weekend will be terrible or great.

And next weekend will be my first FULL weekend off (NO Saturday OR Sunday) since August.

Should I:
Catch up on my reading.
Do Yardwork.
Run Shirtless down the street screaming "The Redcoats are Coming!!"
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:14 pm

It's supposed to be nice. I'd do the yard thing and mull over the Brown's new head coach, even if it is interim.

Sean Peyton is available at the end of this year.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

If Sean Peyton is going anywhere, it's Dallas, not Cleveland.

Why the hell anyone would come here (given the other options available) is beyond me.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am

Gradysmanldy wrote:If Sean Peyton is going anywhere, it's Dallas, not Cleveland.

Why the hell anyone would come here (given the other options available) is beyond me.

New owner.

Even many people on this board forget what a game-changer this is. Cleveland was avoided like the plague because it was well-known Randy Lerner's only contribution to the team was a set-up for failure.

I don't know how Haslem is going to be yet, but all you have to do is read how the league has responded to him already to know this is going to be a different team.

I think Haslem gets the benefit of the doubt for at least the first regime. (Hopefully, it's a long and successful one.)
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

justmebd wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:If Sean Peyton is going anywhere, it's Dallas, not Cleveland.

Why the hell anyone would come here (given the other options available) is beyond me.

New owner.

Even many people on this board forget what a game-changer this is. Cleveland was avoided like the plague because it was well-known Randy Lerner's only contribution to the team was a set-up for failure.

I don't know how Haslem is going to be yet, but all you have to do is read how the league has responded to him already to know this is going to be a different team.

I think Haslem gets the benefit of the doubt for at least the first regime. (Hopefully, it's a long and successful one.)


I think you overestimate how much anyone outside of Cleveland pays attention to the Browns.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:If Sean Peyton is going anywhere, it's Dallas, not Cleveland.

Why the hell anyone would come here (given the other options available) is beyond me.


Perhaps Jimmy could sway him mainly by not being Jerry.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Regardless of interest, I want to see the Browns at least agressive to bring him in for an interview, along with every other coach you could possibly find.

The last two coaching searches have been jokes.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Weeden is starting to make me wish we had Tannehill.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:Regardless of interest, I want to see the Browns at least agressive to bring him in for an interview, along with every other coach you could possibly find.

The last two coaching searches have been jokes.



Wouldn't you want the party you want to interview to at least have SOME interest in the position? Save the dog and pony show for, well, dogs and ponies.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:Weeden is starting to make me wish we had Tannehill.

Yep. Heckert and Holmgren would have been crucified had they stood pat at 4 and drafted Tannehill "too high", then drafted Doug Martin "too high" at 22, but man this team would look a lot better right now. Coulda woulda shoulda, story of being a fan of this damn team.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Pabo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Triple-S wrote:
The last two coaching searches have been jokes.


Just wait until you get a load of the next dolt that comes here.
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
User avatar
Pabo
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Weirton, WV, USA
Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 pm

jfiling wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:Weeden is starting to make me wish we had Tannehill.

Yep. Heckert and Holmgren would have been crucified had they stood pat at 4 and drafted Tannehill "too high", then drafted Doug Martin "too high" at 22, but man this team would look a lot better right now. Coulda woulda shoulda, story of being a fan of this damn team.


I don't think this team would look much better at all. Tannehill may not even be starting in this offense until mid season, since he wouldn't essentially be running the same playbook; and if we dont use T-rich like we should 75% of the time, we're sure as shit not going to use Martin correctly either.

Plus, at this point, im just not sure that any rookie qb would have looked good in this offense. Just shit playcalls, shit wr's, shit decisions, and until this week, shit defense.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:10 am

Gradysmanldy wrote:If Sean Peyton is going anywhere, it's Dallas.


Or Philly...
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2865
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby pup » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am

Speaking of Philly.

Not that it is a surprise, but holy shit watching the Eagles play is like watch the Browns play with ultra talented skill players.

The question is, who is more responsible for it, Pat or Tom? Because I like Heckert for the most part, but if he is building THAT in Cleveland, no gracias.

Pat sure does coach like a mini-Reid.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 am

Reid should have stepped away yrs ago.... to take care of his son

Fuking guy is a joke right now and looks like a train wreck

...which means he'll be the Browns coach next yr I supose

:pb:
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 am

We already have a coach who ignores his stud running back in favor of a predictable passing game.
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
User avatar
That_Guy™
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Ratbirds vs Browns 11/4

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm all for questioning Andy Reid on a number of things. Clock management. Ignoring his best offensive player. Coming back to football before the kid was cold.....

But Christ, let's not put him in a category with Pat Shurmer.

Andy Reid has semingly "lost it." Pat Shurmer has nothing to lose.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6504
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 3 guests