Text Size

No Holds Barred

Sandy & The Election

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Sandy & The Election

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am

e0y2e3 wrote:OJ, retired Rove (turned Fox New Commenter) actually called a McCain victory in '08.

Hey, my call is a Mitt landslide. Just pointing to the logic Rove is using in Ohio, though thanks for the heads up on his '08 call (totally off base). This shit is totally up in the air.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Romney was in Philly today? Obama campaign calling it a ploy, but someone must see something to be spending time there so late in the game. Last go around Obama spent time in historically Republican Indiana for the simple reason that it was in play and he won the state.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 pm

What I find maddening about this is how Romney is supposedly drawing very tight in blowout states from 2K8 (MI, PA, OR) and yet there doesn't seem to be much of an overall bump in the national polls. In any case no McCain state is flipping and several Obama states will flip (Florida, VA, NC, COL). So the turnout in Ohio, Wisconsin, PA, will swing this thing.

Given the general overall swing to the GOP in 2010 (Key races, US Congress) I am frankly impressed that Obama is still in the fight, and presumably the favorite.

I still say Romney wins this thing and there are some surprisingly close races in PA and MI.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Also my wife just finished Radiation Friday, talk about a long road including chemo, staph infection, (delaying treatment), having ovaries removed, tubes removed, etc. Three surgeries total hopefully we are done with all this. Anyway I thought this pic was appropriate. Right before MacPhisto's touch football game my wife got a pic with Ann Romney.

I kid, I kid, this was at the Orlando Breast cancer walk about 2-3 weeks ago Mac wasn't around as far as I know. When she posted this on FB she was like "hey no politics" I just happened to be standing nearby. Apparently a bunch of her students formed a team and she went looking for them and bumped into Mrs. Romney. 40-50k people downtown suffice to say she didn't find the kids.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Fantastic D-man. Hope everything is going well and hope your wife is feeling well. Is she in remission?

Have her take some Robitussin just to be on the safe side.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 am

MS, I don't know if they call it that yet or not. There are still some types of chemo that go on for up to a year, it's not the drawn out heavy chemo. (herceptin). So technically I suppose we can say remission but since treatment isn't quite over, not sure. The real hard part is what's over, and the radiation burns the skin, so that will take some time to heal.

Next June is the reconstruct (hopefully) and this plastic surgeon does takes tissue from either the abdomen or inner thigh area and forms the "girls" using this material. Bordering on TMI, but I guess he is damn good. Apparently his dad is a well-known family physician up in Salem.

Incidentally the other day I tool a full look at what's been billed to insurance. SMH. My interest in Mitt is more along the lines that I really think he'll get the economy going and that there could be a mini-boom coming in energy however I am not as neo-con as I enjoy playing in the net... Truthfully health insurance is a problem I just don't know what the solution is. I've often said, probably from naivety, that I don't know why our large corporations do not push a single-payer system. I am not saying I am pro-single payer, I just wonder why my company, an 11 billion dollar company with 44K employees would not want to be completely out of the insurance business.

By the way for next year my company switched to a catastrophic plan built around HSAs so that will wreck the budget next year. 7K or so out of pocket before any 80-20 benefits kick in (roughly 4000/26 pay periods, and 3k initial deductible.)
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred