Text Size

No Holds Barred

Pre-Election Jobs #

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Pre-Election Jobs #

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 am

171,000 new jobs created in Nov vs 125,000 expected. Oct # also revised up from 114,000 to 148,000.

Unemployment rate rose from 7.8% to 7.9%. It was projected to remain at 7.8%.

Top # much more important to the bottom #. Nothing Romney can use from this these next four days. This # helps Obama, not hurts him.

Game. Set. Match.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Pre-Election Jobs #

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:11 am

Not directed at you Rich, but if people see and use those numbers to influence them on this decision (which is long term mind you) then I question if they should really be voting. B/C the next 60 days worth of numbers are not a consensus by any means to be on the upswing.

Ultimately I agree with you, this only helps Obama.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:46 am

Eh, I don't think 95% of the population could even tell you what the unemployment rate is. And as for the undecideds, I think Honey Boo Boo's endorsment of Obama was far more damaging to Romney then any jobs number.

When I saw this chart, I thought it would make a good Romney ad, but the more I think about it, the more its probably better for Obama. His base has got to love this. I'm also pretty sure the increase of people getting disability checks compared to the increase of people getting paychecks under Obama was also a high ratio.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/food-stamp-growth-75x-greater-job-creation_660073.html
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 am

Commodore Perry wrote:Eh, I don't think 95% of the population could even tell you what the unemployment rate is. And as for the undecideds, I think Honey Boo Boo's endorsment of Obama was far more damaging to Romney then any jobs number.

When I saw this chart, I thought it would make a good Romney ad, but the more I think about it, the more its probably better for Obama. His base has got to love this. I'm also pretty sure the increase of people getting disability checks compared to the increase of people getting paychecks under Obama was also a high ratio.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/food-stamp-growth-75x-greater-job-creation_660073.html

The economy was/is in the shitter; food stamps are a safety net. Looks like the program is doing exactly what it should be doing.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Are those numbers including seasonal/part-time jobs in the retail industry for the holidays? How many of those people will actually be kept on after mid-January?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:32 pm

One
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Are those numbers including seasonal/part-time jobs in the retail industry for the holidays? How many of those people will actually be kept on after mid-January?

They're October #'s, so not that much of a seasonal aspect right now. Gets factored into expectations for Nov and moreso Dec.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

swerb wrote:They're October #'s, so not that much of a seasonal aspect right now. Gets factored into expectations for Nov and moreso Dec.

Fair enough. From doing early Xmas shopping, almost every retail store has been hiring since about mid-October. That said, not sure when those jobs would register in the employment numbers. Like you said, November will see a bump.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 am

Just more of the status-quo. Weak growth that cannot keep up with population growth. It is not a boon to Romney, but more evidence of same ole same ole.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

More food stamp numbers: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-05/republican-heavy-counties-eat-up-most-food-stamp-growth.html

Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado.

Just more evidence of blue states/counties subsidizing red states/counties even while conservatives act disgusted at all the "handouts".

Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, we're all poor! AWESOME!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Just more evidence of blue states/counties subsidizing red states/counties even while conservatives act disgusted at all the "handouts".

Whatever. I'm sure all those people legitimately needed it. It's the people abusing the system that are the problem. And they all live in the blue counties. These red county folks were only using it because it was there and their tax dollars paid for it. If they had all those tax dollars they paid back, they'd of been okay.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Sea Foam Green wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Whatever. I'm sure all those people legitimately needed it. It's the people abusing the system that are the problem. And they all live in the blue counties. These red county folks were only using it because it was there and their tax dollars paid for it. If they had all those tax dollars they paid back, they'd of been okay.

Eh, his statement without context and more statistics is like saying Orenthal is gaining popularity as a poster faster than Peeker.
Orenthal

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

OJ is right, growth rates aren't as telling as pure numbers.

That article calls out Douglas County Colorado. I know Douglas County Colorado and most of the Republicans live in 7 figure houses. I doubt they are the ones causing this growth rate.

Besides, don't those statistics only go to show that Obama is making people, previously self sufficient, reliant on the gubmint? :dingle:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Sea Foam Green wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Not sure if serious or just trolling, but this is the standard conservative boilerplate argument. "When I take handouts it's because I need it; when they take handouts it's because they're lazy."

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Not sure if serious or just trolling, but this is the standard conservative boilerplate argument. "When I take handouts it's because I need it; when they take handouts it's because they're lazy."

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break.

I was trying to be sarcastic by using the standard response of the conservative hypocrite. Still yet to master the art of online snark, I guess
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Here is some more boilerplate. TIMBER two days of tanking stocks because Obama was re-elected. All his fault. Buy a gun.
Orenthal

Return to No Holds Barred