Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Full coaching staff named

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Full coaching staff named

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 pm

SANDY ALOMAR (Bench Coach)
MICKEY CALLAWAY (Pitching Coach)
KEVIN CASH (Bullpen Coach)
BRAD MILLS (Third Base Coach)
MIKE SARBAUGH (First Base Coach)
TY VAN BURKLEO (Hitting Coach)
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Full coaching staff named

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:48 pm

What the hell are they thinking?! Dolan is so cheap!

All jokes aside, nice to see a little mix here with Francona. Some guys he's worked with extensively in the past along with some guys he's just meeting for the first time. Could be a good combination.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 pm

I hope Sandy stops being a bridesmaid sometime soon, even if it means that we lose him to another team.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I hope Sandy stops being a bridesmaid sometime soon, even if it means that we lose him to another team.

You know, I've been thinking along those same lines, but also for another reason on top of that...part of me almost thinks that if we have a pretty great manager now in Francona, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have him surrounded with people he's had a lot of success with. Sandy's a great guy, but he and Tito have never worked together before, unlike Mills, who's spent years with Francona but is relegated to a pretty non-influential role in terms of being in Francona's ear for everything that goes on in a game, which is the bench coach's role.

In the big scheme of things, this is nothing to lose sleep over. Just wondering if Francona is going to miss having Mills right beside him as he's used to.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:I hope Sandy stops being a bridesmaid sometime soon, even if it means that we lose him to another team.

You know, I've been thinking along those same lines, but also for another reason on top of that...part of me almost thinks that if we have a pretty great manager now in Francona, it wouldn't be the worst thing to have him surrounded with people he's had a lot of success with. Sandy's a great guy, but he and Tito have never worked together before, unlike Mills, who's spent years with Francona but is relegated to a pretty non-influential role in terms of being in Francona's ear for everything that goes on in a game, which is the bench coach's role.

In the big scheme of things, this is nothing to lose sleep over. Just wondering if Francona is going to miss having Mills right beside him as he's used to.

I think that's why Mills is here. In the event that Alomar snags a gig elsewhere.

Mills will be right there with Francona and will be one of his most trusted staff members. I don't think it'll be an issue. Seemed like Acta was talking to Steve Smith as much or more than Tolman or Sandy when they showed the dugout on the broadcasts.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB