Text Size

No Holds Barred

Sandy

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Sandy

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm

We've got assholes out surfing on Lake Erie. Terrific.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:57 pm

I can't wait to get home to drink some beer and watch cable news tonight.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Why do they go evacuate people who blatantly disregarded a mandatory evacuation order? Don't risk skilled lives to rescue morons.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:41 pm

BREAKING: Hurricane Sandy Government False Flag Attack.

Obama is so fucking diabolical that he's unleashing a massive storm on blue states to help himself win the election.
Last edited by Cerebral_DownTime on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Been pouring all day. Flooding higher at today's high tide than yesterday.

Winds have been picking up in the last few hours, supposed to be worse later tonight.

Out of beer, heading to 7-11 to replenish supplies.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:46 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Why do they go evacuate people who blatantly disregarded a mandatory evacuation order? Don't risk skilled lives to rescue morons.

We were under a voluntary evacuation for this storm. It's 1000 miles across, where exactly am I evacuating to?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Why do they go evacuate people who blatantly disregarded a mandatory evacuation order? Don't risk skilled lives to rescue morons.

We were under a voluntary evacuation for this storm. It's 1000 miles across, where exactly am I evacuating to?

If I may suggest, NOT EAST
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:BREAKING: Hurricane Sandy Government False Flag Attack.

Obama is so fucking diabolical that he's unleashing a massive storm on blue states to help himself win the election.

IT WAS AN INSECT JOB.

Governor Christie ‏@GovChristie
You are going to be shocked when you see the images coming out of the Jersey Shore.

also, this is the greatest unintentional tweet of all time.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

Well, if you were under a voluntary evacuation, then "mandatory evacuation" doesn't concern you.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Wow, that sounded really dickish, nice work, young one.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wow, that sounded really dickish, nice work, young one.

I've been studying up on posts by you and e0y2e3.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:50 pm

The shoreway in front of Cleveland Public Power was ridiculous today.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:04 am

FUDU wrote:The shoreway in front of Cleveland Public Power was ridiculous today.

14-18 foot waves off of Madison Township Park.

Crazy.

3-5 footers will ruin your day badly if you're on a 20-25 foot boat.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am

Just spent a few minutes down at Edgewater, it's still very impressive and a bit unnerving. Waves were still reaching within a foot of the cars lined up at the edge of the parking lot.

Someone ran to the end of the peer and back, and you could tell by how they were running that they were doing it for the sake of saying they did it, to which I was rooting for them to fall down for the sake of me being able to say HAHA!

You can't even tell where the beach ends and the lake starts either.

FUDU

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:31 am

Kudos to Fox 8 for placing their reporters down next to the water last night to dodge debris and waves crashing. Nothing like a barely audible report from someone who looks like they're being water tortured all while dodging projectile stones, sticks, mud, walleye, etc. Must see tv.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am

What a moron. How old was he? I'm betting around 19.

It's fun to say "I was hoping he'd fall in" but can you imagine how awful it would actually be to see it happen?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

I "evacuated" to London Sunday night. Weather is quite nice here. Had to fly to Chicago first to then go north though Canada.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah truth be told I was only rooting for him to fall on the peer, not into the lake, to at least scare him. Actually I think it was a girl, if not then he was wearing very light sneakers.

There were a lot of people there, and IIRC a cop close by, I think we could have helped him/her if he/she went in.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 am

GE is supposed to be in the office Thursday, coming in from Chicago. Odds on this meeting going down are roughly .005% right now.

Business everywhere is just wrecked, fucking hell this is going to cost some money.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:46 am

FUDU wrote:Yeah truth be told I was only rooting for him to fall on the peer, not into the lake, to at least scare him. Actually I think it was a girl, if not then he was wearing very light sneakers.

There were a lot of people there, and IIRC a cop close by, I think we could have helped him/her if he/she went in.

Please. You go into that soup you ain't coming out. And anyone that goes in after them ain't coming out either.

The Chinese chick from channel three literally looked terrified doing the live shot from the Shoreway.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:47 am

Half of the US economy was sitting at home yesterday, the week before the election during one of the worst economic times we can remember.

The world financial center is closed for probably a week.

Just the economic impact of that is staggering, and this doesn't even start to factor in the DC - Boston - Cleveland damage costs.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:37 am

Just got power back. Was out from Monday night until 3:30 a.m. this morning. Took a drive around some areas. Cemetery where my sister's buried had a few good sized trees and limbs down. The canal down in Valley View overflowed and some people on the two main side streets down there have a real mess to clean up. Various other trees, lines, lightpoles down around here.

While I was downtown Monday night for a concert, I drove down E. 9th to by Browns Stadium and then took Rt. 2 to Edgewater. The wind was really brutal. Pretty good waves, the row of parking spaces right by the lake was full and it was 11:30 at night. Some dumbasses going up on the pier, as expected.

Hope EW, e0, and any others are able to get things back on track soon.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby pup » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:23 am

skatingtripods wrote:Just got power back. Was out from Monday night until 3:30 a.m. this morning. Took a drive around some areas. Cemetery where my sister's buried had a few good sized trees and limbs down. The canal down in Valley View overflowed and some people on the two main side streets down there have a real mess to clean up. Various other trees, lines, lightpoles down around here.

While I was downtown Monday night for a concert, I drove down E. 9th to by Browns Stadium and then took Rt. 2 to Edgewater. The wind was really brutal. Pretty good waves, the row of parking spaces right by the lake was full and it was 11:30 at night. Some dumbasses going up on the pier, as expected.

Hope EW, e0, and any others are able to get things back on track soon.

Must be nice.

Obviously nothing compared to what our friends East of us are enduring, but power left the building Monday at 9:00 PM and is still in hiding.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 am

pup wrote:Must be nice.

Obviously nothing compared to what our friends East of us are enduring, but power left the building Monday at 9:00 PM and is still in hiding.

Definitely. One of those modern conveniences we just take for granted all of the time. Feel bad for my neighbors who just bought a pretty expensive generator probably 10 hours before the power came back. Of course, she runs a daycare out of her house, so it'll probably come in handy at some point.

Hope yours comes back soon. I don't understand why we sent so many of our electric workforce to the East, but didn't ask for anyone from western areas to come help. At least, I didn't hear anything about getting some support from Detroit, Indy, or Chicago. You would think that's the way it should work.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

NYC has been absolute chaos at times. One friend's home is completely gone, washed away, destroyed. Another called the cops when a tree fell on her house, cops came and a tree fell on them on her block. My sister has no idea where her car is. The power blew in the entire Brooklyn last night (wherever there still was power). Surreal experience looking down at it from my 12th story roof - no lights until NJ except hundreds of cop cars and flashlights. Fuckin looters walking around in broad daylight in certain areas with garbage bags just loading up shit from destroyed houses. I have seen more downed trees than during every other storm in my life combined. Commute has been anarchy, no subways, highways, tunnels. First time in history the stock exchange was closed for 2 days due to weather. This is going to take months of recovery.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:NYC has been absolute chaos at times. One friend's home is completely gone, washed away, destroyed. Another called the cops when a tree fell on her house, cops came and a tree fell on them on her block. My sister has no idea where her car is. The power blew in the entire Brooklyn last night (wherever there still was power). Surreal experience looking down at it from my 12th story roof - no lights until NJ except hundreds of cop cars and flashlights. Fuckin looters walking around in broad daylight in certain areas with garbage bags just loading up shit from destroyed houses. I have seen more downed trees than during every other storm in my life combined. Commute has been anarchy, no subways, highways, tunnels. First time in history the stock exchange was closed for 2 days due to weather. This is going to take months of recovery.

Yeah, not sure how Manhattan functions without any subway option. Lots of people will be discovering the bus system - others will be sleeping in their office.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 pm

The buses are an absolute nightmare. One friend tried to take a bus from the Upper East Side to Times Square, after not being able to get on to the first 10 buses due to overcrowding he started walking. He finished the 50 block walk and got to work before co-workers who were on the buses.

A co-worker of mine waited for a bus in Queens for over an hour, as the line stretched for 6 blocks. She was a lucky one - most of my office hasn't made it in at all, including my boss who's basement is completely flooded and his 1st floor is 2 feet underwater.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:The buses are an absolute nightmare. One friend tried to take a bus from the Upper East Side to Times Square, after not being able to get on to the first 10 buses due to overcrowding he started walking. He finished the 50 block walk and got to work before co-workers who were on the buses.

A co-worker of mine waited for a bus in Queens for over an hour, as the line stretched for 6 blocks. She was a lucky one - most of my office hasn't made it in at all, including my boss who's basement is completely flooded and his 1st floor is 2 feet underwater.

I'd imagine. I always felt the best way to get around the city was by bike, but with the craziness going on right now, that's probably a good way to get killed. Can't tell you the number of times I was almost hit by a bus in normal conditions.
Hikohadon

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 pm

I cannot fathom what kind of person robs people's homes during a time like this. Sick fucks.

EDIT: Story in link is bs.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Power goes last night. Within minutes I hear glass breaking and alarms going off. These subhumans should be killed on the spot.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Power goes last night. Within minutes I hear glass breaking and alarms going off. These subhumans should be killed on the spot.

That would certainly discourage further looting.

I was in NYC for the Rodney King "riots", which was just an excuse for a bunch of guys of every race to break windows and grab what they could. Then the cops arrested the guy that lived down the hall from me for watching. A bang-up job all around.
Hikohadon

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred