Text Size

College Sports Arena

Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:17 pm

First time since 1972. Congrats to them. :cheers:
User avatar
hebner20
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Kent is looking good this year, and could actually contend in the East. Ball State and WMU are not bad teams.

They get the East big boys in the last part of the season, BG, Miami, and Ohio. This is going to get interesting...
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 am

My kid's HS coach down here in Fla. came from Kent State, he was on the previous coach's staff and was there for around 10 years. These things don't always work out, teams need to shake up what's not working, but for us, we are glad we ended up with a real football coach (He is easily the best we've had). Sounds like Hazell brought in some good guys too.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Kent got past Western Michigan and are bowl eligible. Even if they don't win out against BGSU, Miami, and Ohio to play in the MAC Championship, a string game against 15th ranked 7-0 Rutgers might just get them a bowl invite.

Dri Archer keeps making them pay, and the D keeps forcing turnovers, who knows what can happen in Joisey. This is their first real test.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Boise, Mobile or Detroit.

Goin' bowlin' motha fucka!
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Fucking wow.

Yea baby!
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm

How long until Darrell Hazzell is coaching a bigger program? I'd say not more than a couple of years before he is at a mid-level school in a BCS conference. Something like GaTech or TTech (not those jobs specifically, but something about that level).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am

furls wrote:How long until Darrell Hazzell is coaching a bigger program? I'd say not more than a couple of years before he is at a mid-level school in a BCS conference. Something like GaTech or TTech (not those jobs specifically, but something about that level).


Is it possible he follows the Urban Meyer plan? Dude is young, his players love him, he has a great resume, was involved heavily with some of the better offenses at OSU, has seemingly done the impossible at Kent State, etc. I can see him parlaying this Kent job into a better job immediately (i.e. BG to Utah for Meyer) and then being at the top of many school's wish list in a couple of years.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby pup » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 am

neoleo wrote:
furls wrote:How long until Darrell Hazzell is coaching a bigger program? I'd say not more than a couple of years before he is at a mid-level school in a BCS conference. Something like GaTech or TTech (not those jobs specifically, but something about that level).


Is it possible he follows the Urban Meyer plan? Dude is young, his players love him, he has a great resume, was involved heavily with some of the better offenses at OSU, has seemingly done the impossible at Kent State, etc. I can see him parlaying this Kent job into a better job immediately (i.e. BG to Utah for Meyer) and then being at the top of many school's wish list in a couple of years.


My only concern with Hazzell is in this day and age of needing immediate satisfaction, a bigger school doesn't wait for him to get that Utah level of experience and throws him straight to the wolves. I could see a BCS team with high expectations come calling for him right away, and he couldn't say no even if he knows it would be better long run to take that intermediate job.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 am

pup wrote:
neoleo wrote:
furls wrote:How long until Darrell Hazzell is coaching a bigger program? I'd say not more than a couple of years before he is at a mid-level school in a BCS conference. Something like GaTech or TTech (not those jobs specifically, but something about that level).


Is it possible he follows the Urban Meyer plan? Dude is young, his players love him, he has a great resume, was involved heavily with some of the better offenses at OSU, has seemingly done the impossible at Kent State, etc. I can see him parlaying this Kent job into a better job immediately (i.e. BG to Utah for Meyer) and then being at the top of many school's wish list in a couple of years.


My only concern with Hazzell is in this day and age of needing immediate satisfaction, a bigger school doesn't wait for him to get that Utah level of experience and throws him straight to the wolves. I could see a BCS team with high expectations come calling for him right away, and he couldn't say no even if he knows it would be better long run to take that intermediate job.


I agree, and almost included in my post that I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a BCS team after this year. I doubt it would be a high major at this point, but he might get some mid level offers. Maybe he can take the Glenn Mason path instead and end up at Minnesota if Kill's health problems/sucking continues.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 am

neoleo wrote:I agree, and almost included in my post that I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a BCS team after this year. I doubt it would be a high major at this point, but he might get some mid level offers. Maybe he can take the Glenn Mason path instead and end up at Minnesota if Kill's health problems/sucking continues.


Ouch, Minnesota...I wouldn't wish that coaching Job on my worse enemy. That place has killed more careers then Bain capital.
But with LSU & PSU on the schedule in '13 , and tOSU on the schedule in '14, I would say a undefeated season and anything better then the GoDaddy.com bowl is off the table.
However if you look ahead to '15 their non conference schedule consists of Illinois, Minnesota, Coastal Carolina, and Marshall. You never know , if he sticks this out to the end of his contract , he could have a real special season in 2015. Taking KSU to a BCS bowl would have to put him in line to something better then Minnesota.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:15 am

Govbarney wrote:
neoleo wrote:I agree, and almost included in my post that I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a BCS team after this year. I doubt it would be a high major at this point, but he might get some mid level offers. Maybe he can take the Glenn Mason path instead and end up at Minnesota if Kill's health problems/sucking continues.


Ouch, Minnesota...I wouldn't wish that coaching Job on my worse enemy. That place has killed more careers then Bain capital.
But with LSU & PSU on the schedule in '13 , and tOSU on the schedule in '14, I would say a undefeated season and anything better then the GoDaddy.com bowl is off the table.
However if you look ahead to '15 their non conference schedule consists of Illinois, Minnesota, Coastal Carolina, and Marshall. You never know , if he sticks this out to the end of his contract , he could have a real special season in 2015. Taking KSU to a BCS bowl would have to put him in line to something better then Minnesota.


I would love to see him stay at Kent and make a nice little run there, but for the reasons you pointed out, I don't think there's much chance he stays past this year. There's never a guarantee that you'll have success there, and with their schedule there's no real carrot to chase that will get him national recognition. Taking Kent to a bowl game is about as much as you can hope to accomplish there and he’s done that.

I was half joking about Minnesota, but I think those are the types of job offers he might start to get this off season. He's mostly coached in the midwest so I assume the Big Ten has some appeal to him (and that’s probably where his connections are that would get him an offer), but he's originally an east coast guy so potential openings at places like BC and Maryland could be appealing as well.

Remember too that there are going to be a lot of big time openings this year, which will of course have a trickle-down effect to the mid-level jobs. Would a place like Louisville take Hazell after Strong leaves for the SEC?

And even if he doesn't get those BCS offers this year, my original point was the Meyer plan, so I could see him “stepping up” to a place like Louisiana Tech after their coach takes a BCS job.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Duke could be a fit for Hazell as well. Not a ton of expectations there. Cutcliffe's likely off to a bigger program. BC is another option, like NEO mentioned. I think Louisville has their eyes on other candidates right now if/when Strong leaves.

Personally, I would put my money on Hazell staying at Kent another year and then moving to a different job after another season under his belt.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 am

Kirk Ferentz recently got the dreaded "Vote of Confidence" from his AD, which means he is all but gone at the end of the season. I could see Hazell being a very attractive candidate for them, with his Big Ten roots, and MidWest (specifically Ohio)recruiting experience.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Kent ponied up the cash to keep Stricklin, and that has been enough for some coaches in the MAC.

But sometimes money just isn't enough. Reference Caleb Porter.

Ohio and Akron are in a better state, with experienced older coaches. I don't see much demand for 56+ year old HC's in big time college football anymore.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm

CBS Sports ranks the MAC as a top five conference.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Hazzell needs to be really smart about his next job. If he picks the wrong mid-level BCS team he could end up at career killer, Minny comes to mind as a perfect example of a job not to take. You just cannot win there. I shudder to think how good of a coach Mason could have been. He actually had respectable teams at Minnesota. He needs a team in a good recruiting state like North Carolina, but cannot really afford the admission difficulties at a Duke (and the complete lack of history hurts too). Texas Tech would be an ideal situation (although it is not open), great recruiting region, decent program, lowish expectations, lower admission standards.

My biggest fear for the guy is that he goes to a basket case like Tennessee where they have ridiculous expectations, all of their rivals have far surpassed them, and they have a poor natural recruiting base. I think TN is the most toxic job out there on the market next year. TN fans see the Vols as being peers with 'Bama and LSU and will not be content with any outcome below that level.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Spin wrote:CBS Sports ranks the MAC as a top five conference.



Imagine where it'd be without Akron!

Have the Zips considered joining the North Coast AC in football?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm

jb wrote:
Spin wrote:CBS Sports ranks the MAC as a top five conference.



Imagine where it'd be without Akron!

Have the Zips considered joining the North Coast AC in football?


Wabash and Wittenberg are too strong for them, and Oberlin is the last Ohio team to beat OSU afterall.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 pm

JB, I haven't heard from you since oh, last football season. You missed a hell of a basketball season, you did.

Give me a yell when Kent faces a ball control offense. (mooning)
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 pm

User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Suck it Spin!
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah yeah. When you fucks show up after an Akron win, you can trash talk all you want.

Until then all I hear is wind blowing. :tool:
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm

25 in the AP

9-1. Beat BG and they're in the MAC Champ game.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:31 pm

MAC EAST CHAMPIONS
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6375
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Fuck you Spin!

Flashes!
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Triple-S wrote:MAC EAST CHAMPIONS

Have you been to a game yet?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Triple-S wrote:MAC EAST CHAMPIONS

Have you been to a game yet?


Yessir.

Went to 4 this year (including the home opener against Towson with the wrong way run), and 4 last year, 3 the year before.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6375
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Terry Bowden looks pickled.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

11-1

Recognize.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby fairvis » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 am

KSU ranked #17 in this week's BCS.

If the Flashes knock off Northern Illinois, and UCLA loses to Stanford again.... Kent State will be going to a BCS bowl.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:19 pm

fairvis wrote:KSU ranked #17 in this week's BCS.

If the Flashes knock off Northern Illinois, and UCLA loses to Stanford again.... Kent State will be going to a BCS bowl.


Image
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
fairvis wrote:KSU ranked #17 in this week's BCS.

If the Flashes knock off Northern Illinois, and UCLA loses to Stanford again.... Kent State will be going to a BCS bowl.


Image



Took me about 15 seconds to realize that wasn't a finger. LMAO.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling.

O-line was abused in the first half, play calling was awful. Rod Gilmore can suck a bag of dicks.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Latest rumor has him interviewing with Colorado.

First Doeren now possibly Hazell. One step up and two steps back.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Mobil bound

As it looks right now, I do not envy NIU. Almost glad Kent didn't win.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Spin wrote:Latest rumor has him interviewing with Colorado.

First Doeren now possibly Hazell. One step up and two steps back.


Wouldn't be surprised. I hope he waits until after Jan 6, wherever he goes.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Spin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah, that would be a class move. Stay with the team through the bowl game. Unlike some...
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2919
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:36 pm

He's in Berkley right now.....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:He's in Berkley right now.....


Hopefully that guy who goes to class naked scares him off.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Why would he stay there any longer than he has to? I mean, I get the 'Do the right thing' thing, even though I think it's over blown. He's in a bowl game, not the title game. I'm sure the squad will get sky high to face Arkansas State either with or without Hazell leading them out of the tunnel in Mobile, AL.

He should take the best offer he gets lest anyone think to watch the offense he put on the field Friday night one more time.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22684
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Don't hate Peek.

I agree, he's not long for Kent.

But I would like to see him finish it out. I've got to shake his hand when I rush the field after a convincing victory in Mobil.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6458
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Don't hate Peek.

I agree, he's not long for Kent.

But I would like to see him finish it out. I've got to shake his hand when I rush the field after a convincing victory in Mobil.


Well, all I know is none of you humps saw me crying when Meyer left BG for Utah.

And like I said, you sure could tell he studied under Tressel and Bollman when you watched that horrific offensive display (Shurmur-esque at times) Friday night.

;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22684
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Golden Flashes bowl eligible

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm

I was led to believe the kids on the team have already been notified that coach will be moving on. Not that Cal or whatever is a done deal, but now is the time.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA


Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], ybot and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], ybot and 2 guests