Text Size

College Sports Arena

Early BCS Prognosticating

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Early BCS Prognosticating

Unread postby fairvis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:58 pm

This week's BCS, in case you haven't seen it yet. http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

There are four undefeated teams looking for the title game: Alabama, Kansas State, Notre Dame, and Oregon.

If all of them win out, Alabama will go in as the #1 seed, and KSU probably takes the #2. ND and Oregon would both tarnish their biggest win (USC), especially after USC's loss to Arizona last weekend. We'll see how it goes with Oregon playing USC this weekend.

If Alabama loses to LSU this weekend, however, things may get interesting. Would a 1-loss SEC team still be able to make it in ahead of an undefeated KSU and Notre Dame? Can you imagine the screaming that would be had by the national press if 1-loss Alabama (or LSU, or Florida, or Georgia) would jump ND?

Is it 2014 yet? 2 more years left of this BS before the playoff kicks in.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Early BCS Prognosticating

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 am

Frankly I don't think the press would scream at all if a 1 loss Bama team jumped any of the remaining undefeated's. The press loves the SEC.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 am

The human polls seem to have it a bit more realistic than the computers, IMO
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm

I think Oregon is probably the second best team out there and the only team that could give 'Bama any kind of game.

-ND's offense would be shut out by 'Bama. Tough to win when you score 0 pts.
-I am still not buying K-State. Nice team, but I don't think they have the horses. 'Bama's CBs will cover K-States WRs and Klein is not going to rip off 35-50 yard TD runs against that D.

-Oregon has a couple of gamebreakers that are NFL level skill players today that will go all the way if they find space. They also have that gimmicky offense that Saban hates (no huddle/up tempo) and are very good at using that tempo. Their defense looks a lot better than your standard UO defense. This week vs. those great weapons at USC will tell the story.

If ND and UO beat USC that win becomes meaningless as they will be just another 8-4 team.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena