Text Size

College Sports Arena

Bucks Vs PSU

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Bucks Vs PSU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:18 pm

It's a trap!...........game.

OSU- 28

PSU- 26
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Bucks Vs PSU

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Honestly though, 3 months ago who would have thought this game could be such a big game and not the push over that the stench of the PSU scandal and penalty reeked of. Credit to PSU's staff and kids on the field for making the best of their situation.

Meanwhile I still say if Braxton is healthy enough to play the whole game we handle them. I don't know the weather situation there now but I can see us dropping 40 on them with good conditions.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:18 pm

I like the Bucks to prevail in an insane venue tonight by a fair margin. PSU is not sneaking up on them. BoB does have the right kind of O to give this team fits, but I think they will get it done.

tOSU 31
PSU 17.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby cappy1920 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Is it possible to watch this game online anywhere?
cappy1920

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I just saw the replay of Lattimore's leg falling off and exploding. Not as bad as Tim Krumrie, but still pretty bad.

Dude just cannot catch a break.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:15 pm

cappy1920 wrote:Is it possible to watch this game online anywhere?

Its on ESPN, so you should be able to watch it on ESPN3 I would think (online). I don't know much about it though.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:16 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I just saw the replay of Lattimore's leg falling off and exploding. Not as bad as Tim Krumrie, but still pretty bad.

Dude just cannot catch a break.

I won't even watch a replay of it. I really don't want to relive my own leg injury.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby The Score » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

furls wrote:

Its on ESPN, so you should be able to watch it on ESPN3 I would think (online). I don't know much about it though.

Blacked out online. ESPN 3 isn't what it used to be.
The Score

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:53 pm

If you have Watch ESPN, you can watch it live through their feed. Have to log in via your cable company, though.

Ugly half so far. Freaking punt blocks.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Shazier gives no shits about Moxie.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I am seriously entertaining the notion that Miller should be moved to tailback. He doesn't see the field, misses wide open WRs pretty consistently and in general makes the passing game worthless right now. I am not really seeing the improvement.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Man, you live with Braxton's throwing because he's so deadly as a runner, but his throws couldn't be much worse today.

How close does PS have to be to try a FG? I have the sound down- watching Wittenberg (DIII) w/sound online.
Last edited by googleeph2 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Check your PMs
municipalmutt

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Man. Braxton Miller is pretty special sometimes. Nobody else makes that play on the read option.
fairvis

Unread postby cappy1920 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm

municipalmutt wrote:

Check your PMs

Thanks!
cappy1920

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Penn State's D is on its heels. Just imposing the will from the OSU O. And PSU can't run it worth anything.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:02 pm

End of the quarter was fortuitous, PSU was starting to get that uptempo thing going. I will say, the D came to play today. The defensive playcalling has been aggressive and they have really looked solid in nearly all facets, DL, LB and DBs.

They definitely were ready for PSU's screen and short/intermediate passing game.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:22 pm

PSU had the ball for a long time and they had the 4th quarter break in there too. PSU's D has had a nice long blow and they get the benefit of the lift from the O scoring.

It is really important that tOSU's OL comes in and re-establishes dominance. A 3 and out here and the PSU team will get some serious pep in their step. OSU NEEDS A DRIVE now to put it away.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:23 pm

D got conservative on that drive. McGloin able to find the open man easily after all that time.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Stoney finally gets found. Nicely done. Wish they had taken more time, but I'll be OK with a 19-point lead.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm

OK, so this team has issues. But it's 9-0. The D came to play this week.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 pm

10-0 going into the bye week before the Wisco Game after they beat the crap out of that lousy Illinois team.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Braxton might not have had a great passing game, but the dude makes the clutch throws. You keep him at QB, no question. Moving him to RB is just insane sounding....... no offense, Furls, you might be drunk.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Braxton might not have had a great passing game, but the dude makes the clutch throws. You keep him at QB, no question. Moving him to RB is just insane sounding....... no offense, Furls, you might be drunk.

I agree. I don't know why you'd ever want to run a play without BM touching the ball.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 pm

That throw to Stoney on the seem is why Braxton is a QB. That was a RIDICULOUS, NFL caliber pass. Not many players can hit that.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:46 am

Wish I knew what the eff it would take to make Braxton even an average passer. If he could play consistently on the passing side of what he does in spots (Nebraska later quarters, 4th quarter here, etc) he'd look like a bigger version of Michael Vick, the VT edition. No hyperbole, his running game is easily at that level.

I fucking love Urban Meyer. Can't even describe how happy I am to have him with this team, it's been a serious revelation watching this guy do his thing. OSU/PSU is going to run this big 10 for the next 10 years.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 am

Holy fucking christ, Braxton is great, but Vick at VT LEVEL... LULZ!%!%

LULZLULZULUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZ
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby statmasta » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:41 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Holy fucking christ, Braxton is great, but Vick at VT LEVEL... LULZ!%!%

LULZLULZULUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZLUZ

Braxton Miller this year (9 games):
1527 passing yards, 56.6% cmp, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, 135.3 QB rating
1093 rushing yards, 166 carries, 6.6 ypc, 12 TDs
2620 total yards, 24 TDs

Michael Vick's final season at VT (10 games, doesn't include bowl):
1234 passing yards, 54.0% cmp, 8 TDs, 6 INTs, 127.4 QB rating
617 rushing yards, 104 carries, 5.9 ypc, 8 TDs
1851 total yards, 16 TDs

Braxton Miller has been far, far more productive than Vick was.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 am

Anyone with eyes that watched Mike Vick play at VT knows he was the most electric player anyone had seen since Barry Sanders.

You can take your stats and Urban's awesome (not to mention how bad of teams Vick carried) and shove them up your ass, honestly.

Vick carried a TERRIBLE VT team to a national championship game because he was the biggest freak seen. No matter what Braxton does, he isn't the natural runner Vick was, which is exactly what was claimed above.

Vick would have possibly broke the NCAA scoring record in Urban/Herman's offense.

Good to see you are still around though fuckstick.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby statmasta » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Anyone with eyes that watched Mike Vick play at VT knows he was the most electric player anyone had seen since Barry Sanders.

You can take your stats and Urban's awesome (not to mention how bad of teams Vick carried) and shove them up your ass, honestly.

Vick carried a TERRIBLE VT team to a national championship game because he was the biggest freak seen. No matter what Braxton does, he isn't the natural runner Vick was, which is exactly what was claimed above.

Vick would have possibly broke the NCAA scoring record in Urban/Herman's offense.

Give proof Miller is exceeding Vick's play in college.
Proof is dismissed.
Get called fuckstick.

Interesting flow of logic you have there.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:24 am

statmasta wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Anyone with eyes that watched Mike Vick play at VT knows he was the most electric player anyone had seen since Barry Sanders.

Give proof Miller is exceeding Vick's play in college.
Proof is dismissed.
Get called fuckstick.

Interesting flow of logic you have there.

You need to become "Eyesmasta" cause the Stat thing is killin' you.

Seriously, not sure how old you are, but did you SEE Vick at VT. It was YEARS ago, by the way - different game. You line the stats from those days with this, you'll see some awful big humps of today comparable to awful good players then.

But seriously, did you SEE Vick? And I think Vick is a joke as a pro. The pro game is waaay to confusing for him - lost at the line/snap, but good holy christ, they are not in the same class right now. A dead guy can see that. Apparently better than a live one looking thru a calculator.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:41 am

e0y2e3 wrote:That throw to Stoney on the seem is why Braxton is a QB. That was a RIDICULOUS, NFL caliber pass. Not many players can hit that.

For every one of those you get 4-5 MISSES like in the first half. Right now Miller is not seeing the field well and he is not hitting WIDE OPEN guys consistently. He sees man coverage or cover 1 every game and there is not much productivity out of the passing game. Some of it is drops, a lot of it is missing open receivers and throwing to the wrong guys.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 am

Like I said, I am entertaining the idea. If he can work his way up to simply below average passer then we are good. If this team is actually going to be NC level in the next 2 years they will have to throw the ball.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:59 am

Furls, he threw the ball extremely better in the second half. As Meyer said at the half, he needed to calm down. Kid isn't of legal drinking age, was wearing a rib protector for the first time and was playing his first game in an environment like that with real stakes (well, sort of).

I get that sometimes he misses wide open balls, but yesterday was his worst outing of the year and I'm gonna attribute some of that to all of the above and coming off of that scare last week.

If he's doing the same next year I'll agree with you, but for now I'm good.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am

leadpipe wrote: Apparently better than a live one looking thru a calculator.

Lead, the guy didn't even use a calculator, he used Google and cherry picked a small piece of the pie to try and tell his story.

It's people like him and Pros and their use of "stats" that gives everyone a bad name.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I am with you Lee, I didn't say, "WE NEED TO START GUITON! AND MOVE BRAX TO RB!"

I just said that I am entertaining the notion. He is soooooo inconsistent throwing the ball in nearly every environment and he is not particularly good at reading the field. Now that said, he is basically a true freshman this year because he received basically no worthwhile coaching last year. We just don't want to see OSU get so run heavy because of his limitations that they are screwed outside of the B1G.

If he looks like this at the end of next year then we know that he will probably never get it. He is the most dynamic runner that I have seen at tOSU since Clarett. I am tempted to go with Beanie, but Beanie was so brittle that I just can't do that.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That throw to Stoney on the seem is why Braxton is a QB. That was a RIDICULOUS, NFL caliber pass. Not many players can hit that.

I heard a rumor that the word is Braxton talked Urban into that play call, when Urban wanted a run or nothing near down field as such, any truth to it, anyone?

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Also, I asked this back with JT, TP & Herron (b/c they did this a few times)....but why a direct snap to Hyde, ever? I mean it is nothing more than the wildcat, except without an option of wild (or success IMO). You have an inherent WC built in anytime you have a BM (or TP), then add Urban's offense to the mix....sheesh.

FUDU

Unread postby Squints » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Since the wife and I are on opposite sides of this "rivalry" we like to try and go to this game and we were able to go yesterday. The first half was the loudest a stadium has ever been that I have witnessed, more so than the Shoe or Old Muni. The second half, not so much. It seemed like the fans had some pent up anger to get out.

Braxton is the man, but he looked awful throwing the ball with the exception of the Stoneburner pass. However, he sacked up and got the job done- loud, intimidating, amped up crowd and found a way. That was the most memorable take-away from this game.

While tailgating and walking downtown, it is obvious that these people still think of Joe Paterno as a deity. I thought time may give some perspective, but no it didn't. And desptie a decent won/loss record, you can tell that they will struggle against any decent team and it's only going to do worse. I told the obnoxious fan who sat next to my wife at halftime that Penn State is becoming a volleyball school and will be so for a long time- he didn't see my point.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Squints wrote: I told the obnoxious fan who sat next to my wife at halftime that Penn State is becoming a volleyball school and will be so for a long time- he didn't see my point.

He will. Peeshu lost 14 transfers this year. After this season there will be more because they can still transfer with no penalty. Couple that with the sanctions and yep........."side out."
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 pm

FUDU wrote:Also, I asked this back with JT, TP & Herron (b/c they did this a few times)....but why a direct snap to Hyde, ever? I mean it is nothing more than the wildcat, except without an option of wild (or success IMO). You have an inherent WC built in anytime you have a BM (or TP), then add Urban's offense to the mix....sheesh.

Yeah... I tried mentioning that in Week 1 with the short yardage play calling and was told they were setting a trend and establishing an attitude.

I didn't know it was actually for trickeration in Week 9. Love Urban Meyer, but the play call in Week 1 and that 3rd and 1 WC with Hyde lined up and Miller split wide was fucking dumb.

And dude is 9-0 and a legit Heisman candidate in a brand new system after playing freshman season in a quagmire of shit . Leave him alone. He CAN throw. I was sitting there yesterday watching him miss the same wide open guys y'all were and probably more given I could see the whole field. I get it. But how about we give him two years in one system and let them work on his mechanics this offseason when he doesn't have to learn a completely new offense. Let him play instead of think. He has the arm and he has the ability. What he needs is the GD stability.

And I disagree with nearly everything Squints said about PSU. From where I was it was acknowledgment mixed with wanting to move on. Not much bitterness, a lot of passion and still probably my favorite sports venue. By far.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:23 pm

While it doesn't fit Urban's plan, nor Braxton's true skill set, I would like to see Braxton work from a pro set and as a pocket passer, just for S&G's. B/C the kid has an arm and a half, and isn't always inaccurate IMO as much as he is uncomfortable with zip and touch. To me he seems to fall in love with laser throws in way to many situations, just relax, throw and release Braxton (I know you're reading this, LOL).

FUDU

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I watched plenty of those Vick games, and recently watched the highlights from that nat'l championship game where he brought that shit VT team to a whole 'nother level. Yep.

And i'm saying, Braxton has that kind of upside. Same kind of feeling you great from watching him play, the stop/start, the instant acceleration and vision. Man against boys.

I stand by what I said.

Agree that he's definitely going to have to work on the throwing, but there isn't even a small part of me that thinks that he wont get it, in spades. Urban will get him to his potential as a QB, and god that is a great feeling.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Squints » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:
And I disagree with nearly everything Squints said about PSU. From where I was it was acknowledgment mixed with wanting to move on. Not much bitterness, a lot of passion and still probably my favorite sports venue. By far.

Popular t-shirts included "409...history can't be erased", Paterno on t-shirts, most notably Paterno inside the Nittany Lion oval; Another t shirt read We are...Pissed off. three different people carrying around life-sized cardboard cut outs of him and people taking pictures of it with family. A current administrator resoundly booed at halftime- didn't get his name over the boos but I am sure it had to do with Paterno. Just a few objective examples and observations. This doesn't seem like moving on just yet. Yes, they are trying to move on- more so with the Sandusky aspect of this whole thing, and who wouldn't, but they still seem pissed off about what the administration and the NCAA "did" to Paterno.

This was my second OSU/PSU game in State College and I have been treated well both times, just as my wife has been treated well by Buckeye fans in Columbus. I don't bring attention to myself, I was one of about 200 people in red in the lower bowl, yes I was outnumbered. I rooted for my team and with the exception of a loud cheer during Stoneburner's run, it was subtle fist bumps with some Buckeye fan two seat to my left- I doubt it was Peek ;-) ;) :wink:. The only ribbing we got stemmed from one of us being in red, the other in blue. My comment about pent up anger came out as an insanely loud stadium for the first two quarters- not in any anti-OSU or abuse toward their fans. These fans went into the season thinking football wasn't going to matter for the next 5-10 years, but yesterday was proof that it still does.
Squints

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Squints wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Popular t-shirts included "409...history can't be erased", Paterno on t-shirts, most notably Paterno inside the Nittany Lion oval; Another t shirt read We are...Pissed off. three different people carrying around life-sized cardboard cut outs of him and people taking pictures of it with family. A current administrator resoundly booed at halftime- didn't get his name over the boos but I am sure it had to do with Paterno. Just a few objective examples and observations. This doesn't seem like moving on just yet. Yes, they are trying to move on- more so with the Sandusky aspect of this whole thing, and who wouldn't, but they still seem pissed off about what the administration and the NCAA "did" to Paterno.

This was my second OSU/PSU game in State College and I have been treated well both times, just as my wife has been treated well by Buckeye fans in Columbus. I don't bring attention to myself, I was one of about 200 people in red in the lower bowl, yes I was outnumbered. I rooted for my team and with the exception of a loud cheer during Stoneburner's run, it was subtle fist bumps with some Buckeye fan two seat to my left- I doubt it was Peek ;-) ;) :wink:. The only ribbing we got stemmed from one of us being in red, the other in blue. My comment about pent up anger came out as an insanely loud stadium for the first two quarters- not in any anti-OSU or abuse toward their fans. These fans went into the season thinking football wasn't going to matter for the next 5-10 years, but yesterday was proof that it still does.

Not saying there's not some but it was far less than what I expected. I didn't expect 108k in there for a game between two schools who are playing out the string. I didn't expect it to be that loud and that pumped up.

I heard the School Prez get booed too, but that happens to Gordon Gee at home games as well. Love that their Prez took the field knowing what was coming. Part of the process to re-establish control.

Same thing for me- couple OSU-PSU games there now plus a Michigan and an Illinois game there. I'll go every single year til I know longer can't because it's that enjoyable to me. And the biggest part of the enjoyment is the people.

Not saying they don't need to accept it, own it and move on, but I think the majority 'get it' and those that carry the pics and posters never will.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Also, I asked this back with JT, TP & Herron (b/c they did this a few times)....but why a direct snap to Hyde, ever? I mean it is nothing more than the wildcat, except without an option of wild (or success IMO). You have an inherent WC built in anytime you have a BM (or TP), then add Urban's offense to the mix....sheesh.

Yeah... I tried mentioning that in Week 1 with the short yardage play calling and was told they were setting a trend and establishing an attitude.

I didn't know it was actually for trickeration in Week 9. Love Urban Meyer, but the play call in Week 1 and that 3rd and 1 WC with Hyde lined up and Miller split wide was fucking dumb.

And dude is 9-0 and a legit Heisman candidate in a brand new system after playing freshman season in a quagmire of shit . Leave him alone. He CAN throw. I was sitting there yesterday watching him miss the same wide open guys y'all were and probably more given I could see the whole field. I get it. But how about we give him two years in one system and let them work on his mechanics this offseason when he doesn't have to learn a completely new offense. Let him play instead of think. He has the arm and he has the ability. What he needs is the GD stability.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. READ MY FUCKING POSTS. At no point did I say, get him the hell out of the game at QB. There is growing discontent with Miller as a passer and I get it and to be honest I am concerned. I think he will improve, but man, he is NOT a very good QB righ now. He nearly threw 2 pick 6's in the first quarter alone (they should've been). He missed receivers with no one with 10 yards of making a play again.

OSU has been B1G championship level for awhile and they are again, and that is nice, but if they are going to be NC level, he has to get ALOT better. He will have to be able to not only hit open receivers, but he will have to be able to read much better defenses and throw players open. He is not close to that right now. He has a long way to go.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm

FUDU wrote:While it doesn't fit Urban's plan, nor Braxton's true skill set, I would like to see Braxton work from a pro set and as a pocket passer, just for S&G's. B/C the kid has an arm and a half, and isn't always inaccurate IMO as much as he is uncomfortable with zip and touch. To me he seems to fall in love with laser throws in way to many situations, just relax, throw and release Braxton (I know you're reading this, LOL).

NO FUCKING WAY ON THE PRO SET CRAP. Brax's footwork is already fucked up, I don't want to try to get him doing 3-5-7 step drops, throwing the ball in rhythm. I would like to keep it simple for him by getting him the ball from the 'gun.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Putting Braxton into the pro-set is the most laughable idea I've seen in the CFB forum here since WhackPhisto was run.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Squints » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:53 pm

I hear ya. I was amazed on how long it took to get tickets to this game, I figured my wife wouldn't have any trouble getting them, considering these were two teams with nothing tangible to play for, but I was wrong. All the cousins were going to the game or wanted over $100 for tickets in the upper southern end zone. My wife got tickets on ebay only two weeks ago, paid a nice price but they were good seats near the northern end zone. I expected an OSU invasion, similar to when we go to a Northwestern game, but it was the exact opposite.

Yeah, I'm sure most fans fall somewhere in the middle of the moving on with it continuum, with extremes being magnified. Hell, there were probably over 200K on campus yesterday. As my wife's family says, "On gameday, we are PA's third largest city!!!!" Durrrrrrrr. I owe CDT a nickel now.
Squints

Unread postby Squints » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:56 pm

pod2dawg wrote:
Squints wrote: I told the obnoxious fan who sat next to my wife at halftime that Penn State is becoming a volleyball school and will be so for a long time- he didn't see my point.

He will. Peeshu lost 14 transfers this year. After this season there will be more because they can still transfer with no penalty. Couple that with the sanctions and yep........."side out."

After the long introduction and the listings of the Majorettes' accolades before their pre-game performance, I leaned toward my wife and said that PSU will now be known as baton twirling U. She did get it, and was not amused.
Squints

Next

Return to College Sports Arena