Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Drops

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Drops

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 am

I stopped reading Jeff Rich's piece http://www.theclevelandfan.com/clevelan ... een-caught when I read the line "Sure, I remember Braylon Edwards dropping the ball plenty, but either memory doesn’t serve properly or there was never any single drop that quite blatantly cost the Browns a game." That's the kind of revisionist shit that pisses me off. Braylon's drops were the main reason the Browns lost at least 5 games in '08. I understand the point that you're trying to make, but you don't need to twist facts to get there. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you truly forgot.

Am I wrong in feeling that the Browns drops this year pale in comparison to Braylon's '08?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Drops

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 am

It's hard to say. Braylon dropped plenty in 08, but the drop I remember the most was a deep ball against the Ravens that would've gone for a long TD and clunked right off his hands.

Kind of like the drop Gordon had on Sunday. Or the one Little had against Buffalo.

Drops have always been an issue with this team.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 am

Hikohadon wrote:the drop I remember the most was a deep ball against the Ravens that would've gone for a long TD and clunked right off his hands.

I remember that vividly. It may have been the prettiest ball DA threw in his life. Who knows, Braylon catches that, maybe DA goes on to be an all time great. :lmfao:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

The one that sticks out for me was from the Dallas game, in the opener that year. We were down, but only like 10-7 or something and he dropped a wide-open pass down the middle with nothing but green in front of him. I hate him.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 am

gotribe31 wrote:The one that sticks out for me was from the Dallas game, in the opener that year. We were down, but only like 10-7 or something and he dropped a wide-open pass down the middle with nothing but green in front of him. I hate him.

Guh, I could do without remembering those. No bourbon in my desk at work.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL