Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Ray Lewis Out for Year

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Ray Lewis Out for Year

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Or so Jay Glazer reports. MRI confirms Tricep tear that will sideline him for remainder of season.

Also, Ladarius Webb is out for the year with a torn ACL.

Costly win for the Ravens.

Too bad. :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Ray lewis Out for Year

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Wow, this division will be ripe for the taking in a year or 2.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Ray lewis Out for Year

Unread postby rbm0183 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Maybe the NFL Network can follow him around while he's got some time off from his injury and try to sell him as the greatest man alive, like they did last year for his episode of "A Football Life."

After all, once you get past that time he was involved in a double homicide and subsequent cover-up and got away with it, there really isn't much of anything to criticize the guy for. His pre-game preening and those wonderful pre-game speeches to his teammates are so enjoyable, how could you not love him?! :gah:
---"It was great training being there. They do it with character and intelligence. They run that organization the right way. They build through the draft. They're patient. It's just the right way to do it. It was a tremendous opportunity to be with them." Jimmy Haslam on why he'd model the Browns after the Steelers, 10/16/12
:loadof:
rbm0183

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Ray Lewis Out for Year

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:18 pm

He'll just have to shiv with the other hand now.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

The worm is turning...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

This is what I get for taking the Ratbirds D in FF.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:02 pm

I saw a tweet earlier (can't remember who it was) that said he tore his triceps in his stabbing arm. One of those tweets I wished I'd thought of first.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Ray Lewis, for the last couple years has been "pretty Good." Nothing more.

So, the Ravens lost a pretty good player. Just like practically every other team.

A bigger problem is running an offense which they don't have the personnel to run, especially when the offense needs to take a bigger burden over an aging defense.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 am

leadpipe wrote:Ray Lewis, for the last couple years has been "pretty Good." Nothing more.

So, the Ravens lost a pretty good player. Just like practically every other team.

A bigger problem is running an offense which they don't have the personnel to run, especially when the offense needs to take a bigger burden over an aging defense.

A bigger loss is also Webb, which hampers their ability to play man-to-man and blitz safeties.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am

motherscratcher wrote:I saw a tweet earlier (can't remember who it was) that said he tore his triceps in his stabbing arm. One of those tweets I wished I'd thought of first.

It was Swerb, and I wished I had thought of it too.

I know I'm not alone around here in my disgust with the fawning over Lewis, but if there are ever tryouts for head cheerleader in that regard, I'm available.

Yesterday's news had me unable to resist reacting on Twitter to some national NFL guys like Jay Glazer and Peter King talking about how "sad" it was...to the effect that the families of two men from Akron who died young 12 years ago might not share the sentiment.

It also caused me to revisit the story of the double knife murder on Super Bowl night 2000, and recall a few details...like how the white suit Lewis was wearing that night was never found...presumed by prosecutors to have been thrown in a dumpster at a fast food joint....

...or how Lewis agreed to testify against the other two men from his entourage who had been indicted for murder along with him, in return for his testimony against them (stand up guy)...and how they were then acquitted anyway because the prosecution couldn't prove which of the posse had actually done the knifing. Neat.

What blows my mind is that the guy doesn't get 1/100th of the shit in the media that gets dished out to Michael Vick for abusing dogs. He is held up instead as an example of how to play the game, with no taint on him at all.

There are plenty of things in this world to be sad about. This ain't one of them.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 am

leadpipe wrote:Ray Lewis, for the last couple years has been "pretty Good." Nothing more.

Not sure I follow you about Bmore's offense?

They are pretty well balanced and have proven they can throw the ball more than well enough. Flacco, while he's still Flacco to us Browns fans, is enough to get the job done. I agree that we'll see what Bmore is really made of now with some starters going down, but they are a pretty good model of consistency, and are 1 dropped pass away from playing in the SB.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby c11058 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Fuck him....at his age, this kind of injury was likely and I'm glad he's out. Some things are hard to figure....The NFL named this guy the MVP of the Super Bowl soon after his trial and he's been a poster boy for the league ever since. How can upstanding corporations like Visa use this thug as a spokesman on their commercials? It also appears that he's being prepped by ESPN and the major networks as a up and coming on-air personality. Looks like we'll be seeing more of Ray-Ray in the future, like it or not.

With more time on his hands, Ray can continue to cry and carry on about Arthur B's demise!

Lewis' HOF induction in Canton in the future should be very interesting. I'm sure the friends and family of the victims will make the trip down from Akron to express their opinions!
c11058

Favorite Player: Omar Vizquel
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

He is God's Linebacker.

He keeps heaven full of souls.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming