Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Bengals at Browns - Randy's last game

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Bengals at Browns - Randy's last game

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:It's borderline insulting how frequently he uses the term, "Battle"

Drinking game opportunity
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:24 pm

FUDU wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:So Weeden learned how to throw the ball away last week. Hopefully this week he learns how to avoid tipped and batted balls.

Running the ball up the middle has not been effective all year; throwing the ball to Marecic hasn't been either.

Defense was very good.

Cooper, Hardesty, Gordon really stood out/surprised me.

It's obviously been said before/goes without saying that if we'd Haden all season our W-L could be quite different, but..... Shurmur still needs to go ASAP. Hopefully we carry this momentum into next week, play sharp, and beat the Colts.

Let's not place 100% of the blame for batted balls on Weeden. Batting balls down is a nice defensive play in most spots, so credit to the DLmen in some instances. It's not as if Weeden is throwing from an angle as Bernie did.

I attribute the batted balls at the line to Weeden's eyes locking on receivers.

I recall hearing he even did that in college. I think it was Haden in camp who would jog past Weeden and remind him he was doing it. So the batted balls may be a symptom of a bad habit that helps the entire D. Someone was asking why he doesn't wear a tinted visor- I like that idea. Guys like Vick do.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

And be deprived of this?

Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm

googleeph2 wrote:
FUDU wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:So Weeden learned how to throw the ball away last week. Hopefully this week he learns how to avoid tipped and batted balls.

Running the ball up the middle has not been effective all year; throwing the ball to Marecic hasn't been either.

Defense was very good.

Cooper, Hardesty, Gordon really stood out/surprised me.

It's obviously been said before/goes without saying that if we'd Haden all season our W-L could be quite different, but..... Shurmur still needs to go ASAP. Hopefully we carry this momentum into next week, play sharp, and beat the Colts.

Let's not place 100% of the blame for batted balls on Weeden. Batting balls down is a nice defensive play in most spots, so credit to the DLmen in some instances. It's not as if Weeden is throwing from an angle as Bernie did.

I attribute the batted balls at the line to Weeden's eyes locking on receivers.

I recall hearing he even did that in college. I think it was Haden in camp who would jog past Weeden and remind him he was doing it. So the batted balls may be a symptom of a bad habit that helps the entire D. Someone was asking why he doesn't wear a tinted visor- I like that idea. Guys like Vick do.

Some of the passes knocked down come his "locking on". Others are from the design of the Shurmur WCO, which often calls for quick 5 yard routes and a 1 or 3 step drop. So essentially Weeds is 2 to 5 yards behind the LOS staring down his target with some 6' 4" guy stopping his rush and simply jumping in the air.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:And be deprived of this?

I actually really like that shot.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL