Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Baylor/Utah WR Josh Gordon

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Baylor/Utah WR Josh Gordon

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 am

Anyone ever notice how shit players often result in shit coaching/managing, and a great roster often results in great coaching/managing? Respected football men who haven't had any success with the Browns' shit rosters over the years: Romeo Crennel, Butch Davis, Chris Palmer; and further back, Bill Belichick, Bud Carson, Forrest Gregg.

Like Casey Stengel said after he left the Yankees and took over the hapless Mets: "I didn't get stupid overnight."
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 am

I doubt very seriously Romeo Crennel will have success in KC. He's a good coordinator and a bad head coach. Talent aside, Crennel never looked like he could handle the job.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:55 am

justmebd wrote:I doubt very seriously Romeo Crennel will have success in KC. He's a good coordinator and a bad head coach. Talent aside, Crennel never looked like he could handle the job.

And speaking of "looked like he could never handle the job," Shurmur always looks like a deer in head lights. He never speaks with passion or conviction. His body language says "I am overwhelmed," or "hey guys, I am doing the best I can." I want a leader who commands the attention of his troops and the media. Someone who inspires you to lay it on the line when the ball is teed up. My $0.02. Maybe the guys knows his stuff. Not sure he's a leader.
ImageImageImage
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Hard to defend the Shurminator based on last season's performance. But totally not out of the realm of possibility that with a year's experience, a lot more O talent, and an O coordinator to ease his burden that maybe he won't be such a hot mess. The one thing I like about him is the team never quit on him last year, and they did on Mangini, Romeo, and Butch.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Note to Hiko...

This signing valadates my opinions of the suckatude of the WR corps prior to the draft
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Note to Hiko...

This signing valadates my opinions of the suckatude of the WR corps prior to the draft

Ha! Duly noted. :cheers:

I still maintain that the WR's aren't the key to any team and can look much better/worse than they are depending on the QB play, but I think it's safe to assume they were a bad corps as far as NFL standards are concerned.
Hikohadon

Unread postby snuffy1384 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Josh gordon has the ability to be a big time receiver. He has all the physical tools to be a top WR in this league for many years to come. As long as he stays on the good side he will be a steal of the draft. You can read more about the browns on my site www.brownietheelf.com
snuffy1384

Favorite Player: Richardson
Least Favorite Player: Sheldon Brown

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:57 pm

snuffy1384 wrote:Josh gordon has the ability to be a big time receiver. He has all the physical tools to be a top WR in this league for many years to come. As long as he stays on the good side he will be a steal of the draft. You can read more about the browns on my site http://www.brownietheelf.com

Die

Can we ban this fucktard yet?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:49 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
snuffy1384 wrote:Josh gordon has the ability to be a big time receiver. He has all the physical tools to be a top WR in this league for many years to come. As long as he stays on the good side he will be a steal of the draft. You can read more about the browns on my site http://www.brownietheelf.com

Die

Done. Had the site not been 6th-grade caliber shit I mighta had more sympathy for the kid.

His death is on your hands Mother. If the 2021 Pulitzer Prize winner is snuffy1384 you're going to feel like a real asshole.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 am

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

Done. Had the site not been 6th-grade caliber shit I mighta had more sympathy for the kid.

His death is on your hands Mother. If the 2021 Pulitzer Prize winner is snuffy1384 you're going to feel like a real asshole.

A hard road for Motha, for sure.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:44 am

motherscratcher wrote:

Die

I saw what you wrote in another thread...

Be advised, I know where you live
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:58 am

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

His death is on your hands, Dude. Peeker asked me to repeat that. His death is on your hands.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 am

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

His death is on your hands, Dude. Peeker asked me to repeat that. His death is on your hands.

Thank you.

People think it's easy to kill but it's...... well... actually it is easy.

But Mother pulled the trigger here. Hopefully he can live with the repercussions and the guilt.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

No, don't say that, man...
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

Thank you.

People think it's easy to kill but it's...... well... actually it is easy.

But Mother pulled the trigger here. Hopefully he can live with the repercussions and the guilt.

I'm already having second thoughts.

I'm sorry snuffy. Please don't be mad baby. I didn't mean it baby.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Die

I saw what you wrote in another thread...

Be advised, I know where you live

Lol, you'll have to be more specific. I write so much stupid shit here I should be working for the Cavs scouting dept. Im usually drunk too.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 pm

What do you think of the Brownies giving up their 2nd round pick for Gordon now?
I liked the move then. I am liking it more now. No regrets for me. But we are so receiver-starved, that may be tainting my judgement.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Reminds you a little bit of Torrey Smith; limited route tree to work with, but undoubtedly fast and physical. Fun to watch these last two games.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Reminds you a little bit of Torrey Smith; limited route tree to work with, but undoubtedly fast and physical. Fun to watch these last two games.

Worth the high 2nd round pick next year to you?
OldDawg

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:38 pm

He's got size, hands, is already productive while learning an offense & supposedly learning routes.

My uneducated guess is with what we know now, he'd be a 1st rounder if he were available in next yr's draft...
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 pm

yes. yes. yes.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 am

Can anyone tell me why Greg Little is invisible so far?

Seems to me Gordon and Little are doppelgangers.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Can anyone tell me why Greg Little is invisible so far?

Because he is a RB, playing WR, with poor hands.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm

pup wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Can anyone tell me why Greg Little is invisible so far?

Because he is a RB, playing WR, with poor hands.

Which is tough, because you can see from the way he blocks and the raw athleticism that if he could stop with the stupid mistakes/drops, he'd be a hell of a player. The kind of WR that opposing teams have to gameplan for. He's huge and quick as hell, definitely gets more separation than anyone else out there, with a body to fight for the balls. He's just a headcase.

OldDawg wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:Reminds you a little bit of Torrey Smith; limited route tree to work with, but undoubtedly fast and physical. Fun to watch these last two games.

Worth the high 2nd round pick next year to you?

I think that if you could look at Torrey AFTER the success he had in year one and have a supplemental "auction" for his services, most teams would have given up a first for him. Gordon's stats are on par/better than his 1st round contemporaries in Wright and Blackmon, even with the under utilization of him in the first few games.

Right now, provided he continues to grow/learn in the first year and proves that the last two games isn't a fluke, he's a steal with a high second. Be interesting to see how frequently they throw to him when MoMass and Benjamin come back, considering A) Mass has better hands/more consistent routes, and B) Gordon is essentially playing the burner role that they drafted Benjamin for.

I'm just hoping to see continued consistency from him and Weeden; they've looked far more functional/capable in the last two games than I would have given either one of them credit for at the beginning of the year. Part of that is the pass pro Weeden has gotten recently....even a rookie can make some deft throws when he has a clean pocket and makes quick decisions.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Nothing greater than the ole, if only the WR could catch, routine.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am

pup wrote:Nothing greater than the ole, if only the WR could catch, routine.

You're losing me here; are we saying Gordon can't catch? Or did this become a discussion about Greg?
Gradysmanldy

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL