Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

2012 Pats > 2007 Pats

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

2012 Pats > 2007 Pats

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm no fan really, and only a hater b/c it's the Chowds but you have to appreciate and respect the minds on that staff right now. Bill is being Bill, they have the offensive "guru" guy and Brady is peaking in his mental approach to the game.

What is scary now is that they have a legit running attack and their D is back.

Hard to see anyone in the AFC keeping them out of the AFCCG or SB.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: 2012 Pats > 2007 Pats

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:17 am

FUDU wrote:I'm no fan really, and only a hater b/c it's the Chowds but you have to appreciate and respect the minds on that staff right now. Bill is being Bill, they have the offensive "guru" guy and Brady is peaking in his mental approach to the game.

What is scary now is that they have a legit running attack and their D is back.

Hard to see anyone in the AFC keeping them out of the AFCCG or SB.

I have to see more than 1.5 games from a just now 3-2 team to proclaim that, esp when I think the Texans would bend them over a log.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 am

With five weeks of games in the books, I think we know this much. There are four teams in each conference capable of getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Texans
Packers, Giants, 49ers, Falcons

No real surprises. What most people thought. All four NFC teams may be better than the best AFC team, who I think is still the Patriots, Texans hot start and all.

My Super Bowl prediction at this point would be 49ers over Patriots. To me, San Francisco is the best team in football. Well coached, smart, deep, athletic.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

I'm coming around on the Falcons, too; I expected the offense to be better with the new OC/uptempo attack, but their defense has been pretty solid thus far too. Agree that SF is the team to beat, but I think New England beats Texas once they get Hernandez back.

Having two TE's to disguise a run play that can run with anyone makes them entirely too flexible; the Texans aren't going to punish you through the air. (Not saying they cant pass, just saying they cant rely on it)
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 am

Biggest surprise team to me has clearly been Minnesota. A nailbiter loss at Indy (who just beat GB) away from being 5-0. A 24-13 win over the Niners. 5th fewest points allowed as a defense. Ponder completing 70% of his passes with just 2 picks. Peterson looks healthy. Harvin a true alpha dog offensive weapon. And this Rudolph kid from Notre Dame is a weapon.

Think I have bet against Minnesota all five weeks and lost money four times.

Every year you see teams spin things in one year like this. Makes it even more frustrating that it can't happen here in Cleveland.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 am

Well, it's hard to remember that just a few years ago Minnesota was crushing it with Favre and AP, and part of that was the defense putting a pretty relentless pass rush on. Ponder has certainly exceeded expectations, but there were a lot of people putting a positive spin on his performance coming down the stretch. Lots of optimism coming into this season, but I didn't see them putting it together that well. Biggest surprise of the year, thus far.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Not buying the Falcons.

In all likelyhood the easiest schedule in the league AND collectively the worst pass defensed schedule in the league.

And I believe Turner is JAG at this point.

Even if they are on their way to taking the next step, they aren't going to be challenged much in that awful division, and with that schedule.

Someone is going to kick them in the teeth that first playoff game, not sure they'll be ready.

But LeadMan will be ready with the fade.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 am

leadpipe wrote:Not buying the Falcons.

In all likelyhood the easiest schedule in the league AND collectively the worst pass defensed schedule in the league.

And I believe Turner is JAG at this point.

Even if they are on their way to taking the next step, they aren't going to be challenged much in that awful division, and with that schedule.

Someone is going to kick them in the teeth that first playoff game, not sure they'll be ready.

But LeadMan will be ready with the fade.

This exact thing happened two years ago right? Green Bay layed the wood to them in the Georgia Dome on the way to a Super Bowl Championship. I could see that happening again, but it won't be Green Bay this time, I don't think they are even a good team at this point. And I think that's crazy for me to say because I love Rodgers, but just not seeing them as that next level team anymore, even getting the correct call in Sea on Monday night.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Someone has hit ATL in the teeth in the first playoff game the last 3 seasons. Matty-Ice hasn't one a playoff game. He will some day, I'd think. But they have a huge monkey on their back about the playoffs.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL