Text Size

No Holds Barred

Napping

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Napping

Unread postby hebner20 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 pm

The graphical representation of the need for a nap as you age is a smile. Weird.
Nap-Graph 1.jpg
No comment
Nap-Graph 1.jpg (18.11 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
User avatar
hebner20
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: Napping

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I've never not napped.

Although, I've also never gone through a period where I didn't drink too much work nights here and there.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Napping

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 pm

For a while there was a correlation between my naps and my eating of Chipotle.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Napping

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm

No naps...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Napping

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm

<------ only naps at work
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Napping

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 pm

^^^^^

Old fuckers sleeping on the job. The reason Obama gets re-elected. ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Napping

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Not to worry...I'll be awakwe for that
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Napping

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 pm

This has nothing to do with much, but this thread sucks and I want to let you guys in on one of the biggest reasons African Americans are still at a disadvantage in this country: http://www.yourblackworld.net/2012/09/u ... ommentary/

Toure existing is cancer and the media makes him the front for black society. Yup.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Napping

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 am

e0y2e3 wrote:This has nothing to do with much, but this thread sucks and I want to let you guys in on one of the biggest reasons African Americans are still at a disadvantage in this country: http://www.yourblackworld.net/2012/09/u ... ommentary/

Toure existing is cancer and the media makes him the front for black society. Yup.


Dude, it's MSNBC. What did you expect? That entire channel is a complete waste of bandwidth.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Napping

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 am

Toure also does ESPN anytime anything "black" comes up.

He's OTL's favorite "black" person ever.

And talking shit on MSNBC without talking shit on FOX NEWS and CNN is a pretty pointless exercise.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Napping

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:<------ only naps at work


Do you still remember where you were when Lincoln was shot?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Napping

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Toure also does ESPN anytime anything "black" comes up.

He's OTL's favorite "black" person ever.

And talking shit on MSNBC without talking shit on FOX NEWS and CNN is a pretty pointless exercise.


I don't watch any of them. They all suck for various reasons. I also don't watch ESPN OTL.

As far as Toure, not sure I get the hate simply because an intelligent well educated black guy happens to have a POV that pisses off people. Admittedly I have not read his stuff, but not sure why/how he differs from the nut jobs on the religious right or the birthers or the tea baggers or the occupy crowd.

Unless your point is he does a poor job of representing his culture?

ETA - or is it that the white mainstream media has latched on to the guy as the spokesperson for the black community. As if Rush Limbaugh spoke for all whites?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Napping

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:This has nothing to do with much, but this thread sucks and I want to let you guys in on one of the biggest reasons African Americans are still at a disadvantage in this country: http://www.yourblackworld.net/2012/09/u ... ommentary/

Toure existing is cancer and the media makes him the front for black society. Yup.


Since I don't give a rats ass about TV I quit reading after about 3 sentences but, yeah...

Same with every other race in the universe....

Fuck.... I just found out Don 'Draper's' last name.......which is one of the funniest things my wife and I have ever seen or heard on TV because.....she once worked for the largest ad agency in Nevada which at the time was named ... Dunn, Draper, Marz and Shonkwieler

The coolest guy there was David Humm...he of 770 career NFL passing yards and 2 SB rings :lmfao:
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Napping

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:19 pm

From the NFL actors club I always liked Fred Dryer.

ONLY PLAYER TO SCORE TWO SAFETIES IN ONE GAME!
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Napping

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:04 pm

mattvan1 wrote:Admittedly I have not read his stuff, but not sure why/how he differs from the nut jobs on the religious right or the birthers or the tea baggers or the occupy crowd.

Unless your point is he does a poor job of representing his culture?

ETA - or is it that the white mainstream media has latched on to the guy as the spokesperson for the black community. As if Rush Limbaugh spoke for all whites?


Here is the thing, Toure is THE BLACK GUY. Mainstream media (every single network everywhere) trots out this uneducated (you obviously didn't read the piece) former entertainment writer that is trolling the world for attention (there are 1,000+ instances of this from him) as THE BLACK GUY.

This is everytime a race incident happens: in the NFL ESPN calls Toure The Cartoon, everytime a CNN wants to talk about how blacks feel about Tyler' Perry's Christianity Toure is called. Everytime MSNBC wants to say black things about the election, Toure is called.

Toure is nowhere near as impactful or meaningful to his community as Rush is (Rush has his followers). In fact, his community (at least the well educated that want to try and fix things) hates him because of his cartoonish trolling bullshit.

Yet the lazy white media makes him "THE BLACK GUY".

It's just lazy and sad and frankly hurts the non-blacks because it provides our culture with the worst context possible.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Napping

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I think the fact most people have no clue who Toure is (nor care) shows just how little of an impact he (and the media trotting him out) plays in how people view other people period.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Napping

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:Admittedly I have not read his stuff, but not sure why/how he differs from the nut jobs on the religious right or the birthers or the tea baggers or the occupy crowd.

Unless your point is he does a poor job of representing his culture?

ETA - or is it that the white mainstream media has latched on to the guy as the spokesperson for the black community. As if Rush Limbaugh spoke for all whites?


Here is the thing, Toure is THE BLACK GUY. Mainstream media (every single network everywhere) trots out this uneducated (you obviously didn't read the piece) former entertainment writer that is trolling the world for attention (there are 1,000+ instances of this from him) as THE BLACK GUY.

This is everytime a race incident happens: in the NFL ESPN calls Toure The Cartoon, everytime a CNN wants to talk about how blacks feel about Tyler' Perry's Christianity Toure is called. Everytime MSNBC wants to say black things about the election, Toure is called.

Toure is nowhere near as impactful or meaningful to his community as Rush is (Rush has his followers). In fact, his community (at least the well educated that want to try and fix things) hates him because of his cartoonish trolling bullshit.

Yet the lazy white media makes him "THE BLACK GUY".

It's just lazy and sad and frankly hurts the non-blacks because it provides our culture with the worst context possible.




I'll ask my friends, of all colors, if they have ever heard of the guy. I can bet the answer is "no" across the board. All I know about him is from Wiki (cringe - I know) but according to that site he attended Milton Academy, Emory and joined Columbia University's graduate creative writing program for a year.

He may be an elitist entitled Masshole, but he's not uneducated. It might depend on the age demo more than anything else - younger people get all angst ridden, people 40+ have never heard of him.

Results of my very unscientific poll available soon.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3686
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Napping

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:36 pm

FUDU wrote:I think the fact most people have no clue who Toure is (nor care) shows just how little of an impact he (and the media trotting him out) plays in how people view other people period.


Ya, um, no idea...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Napping

Unread postby hebner20 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:58 pm

never heard of him either. thanks for the contribution to the thread.
User avatar
hebner20
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Re: Napping

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Recognizing Toure versus the fact that every single person that posts in this forum has listened to him at some point or another is a core part of the problem with him.

And he dropped out of Emory Matt. Guy's a schleb.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Napping

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Nope nothing, but I have done a bit of reading and he is every bit the postblackness sensationalist you describe. I would catagorize him as douche.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Napping

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I gave a bum some change today, he was grateful.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Napping

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Who the fuck camps outside the Board of Elections?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ryan-rober ... eprivation
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Napping

Unread postby swerb » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:32 am

Orenthal wrote:Who the fuck camps outside the Board of Elections?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ryan-rober ... eprivation

People with no jobs.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17918
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Napping

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm

This thread was fine until some babbling faggot turned it into race/politics bullshit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Napping

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This thread was fine until some babbling faggot turned it into race/politics bullshit.


STFU and go to sleep

but yeah.....Old McDonald can be a real cranky pants over shit and people no one else here ever heard of or give a rats ass about
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds


Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest