Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Manny Fired. Sandy acting manager.

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Manny Fired. Sandy acting manager.

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 am

googleeph2 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Remember back in June when we were all surprised by this?:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/pierzynski-voted-most-hated-player-in-baseball/

Who is the least respected manager?
1. Ozzie Guillen (Marlins), 36%
2. Bobby Valentine (Red Sox), 14%
3. Manny Acta (Indians), 5%

Hm. Hey, OT but- I listen to radio baseball, but don't watch much. What is it about Pierzinski that everyone hates? (Also, I knew Tribe fans hated him, but wow, players do too?) Does he whine a lot? Act like it don't stink? I don't get it.

Wow, when Chicago WS had Guillen, they had the Manager/Catcher/Broadcaster trifecta.

Quicky anecdote about PerDICKski...

After taking a foul off the family jewels in ST, the Dickster was writhing on the ground in obvious pain. The intern-trainer came out to see how he was doing and innocently asked him, "how does it feel?" To wit, the Dickski stood up and kicked the trainer square in the nuts and says..."THAT'S how it feels!"

Guy is an asshole. Although that is kinda funny... (smoke)
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Bigfist » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:47 am

Anyone catch this quote from Chris Perez, talking to the Plain Dealer about Manny Acta's dismissal? He said:

Chris Perez: "At the end of the day, the front office made a decision that Manny wasn't going to get us to a championship level. At the same time, a lot of the players we have in this locker room aren't going to get there either. We've got to get better."

Once again, true, but only a moron would say something like that. Bet his teammates just adore him./
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Bigfist wrote:Anyone catch this quote from Chris Perez, talking to the Plain Dealer about Manny Acta's dismissal? He said:

Chris Perez: "At the end of the day, the front office made a decision that Manny wasn't going to get us to a championship level. At the same time, a lot of the players we have in this locker room aren't going to get there either. We've got to get better."

Once again, true, but only a moron would say something like that. Bet his teammates just adore him./

::doh::
Can't there be a PR guy around him at all times?
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:It was inevitable that Manny took the fall..... it's a shame because I actually quite like the guy.

The timing makes no sense though..... we're in the midst of a 20-50 stretch so we've known for quite some time this team was shitty and a managerial move was going to happen so, you either do it 6 weeks ago or, if you're going to wait, you do it at the end of the year - what good does it do anyone to do it with 6 games left?

That said, it doesn't do any harm either!

Yeah, I agree. I suspect this was firing was personal. There must have been a little bad blood between Manny and the front office. In interviews lately, he came off very guarded when asked questions that pertained to management. Maybe he finally let loose to Shapiro and they just sent him packing 6 games earily.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Spin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Did anyone else catch Chris Antonetti on 92.3 the other day? All I heard was a sound byte, but it was very interesting.

He was asked about not making a move before the trade deadline, and replied that most clubs made no moves. He then made a remark that the season didn't go downhill because they didn't make a trade. He said that you expect a professional player to play professionally, as if that wasn't the case in the second half.

He's laying the blame on the players for quitting. HE built a first place team and they didn't play professionally all season.

Did the team quit? If so, why? Was it as I suspected, and they quit after seeing Choo and Perez and others being dangled as trade bait? Or was it because they bought into Chris Perez's rants?

Or was it just a poorly built team catching lightening in a bottle for four months?

IMO it was a combination of both.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Apathy and despair are infectious.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB