Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

I'm really worried.......

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

I'm really worried.......

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:42 pm

There is a a very good chance Oakland & Kansas City go 1-15. The Dolphins are hideous too. I'm with Hik...improve but lose.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: I'm really worried.......

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 pm

This team is not going to win a lot of games. 4-5 MAX. 2-3 more likely. Would peg KC, Miami, Jacksonville as the most likely to win as many or less than us.

Gonna be another very high pick.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Toxicadam » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm

I forget which analyst mentioned it on the Bill Simmons podcast, but he said the bottom of this league is the worst it's been in decades.

I don't want Barkley anyways .. so if the Browns pick third or fourth, I'm cool with that.
Toxicadam

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

I can't stand when people say tank it for draft position. Every draft has tons of talent and we need help everywhere. I especially hate it when people say tank it AFTER TWO GAMES! Win now. Period.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 am

Toxicadam wrote:I forget which analyst mentioned it on the Bill Simmons podcast, but he said the bottom of this league is the worst it's been in decades.

I don't want Barkley anyways .. so if the Browns pick third or fourth, I'm cool with that.

I think that the belief is that if we get number 1 overall that we sell the pick to the highest bidder. After Barkley's game on Saturday, the asking price went down.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 am

But the Kansas City Chiefs have Romeo Crennel and Brian Daboll. How can they not be one of the best teams EVER?!?!?!?

Look how many games the 2008-2009 Browns teams won.

If I go on, you'll need hip waders to get through all my sarcasm.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:00 am

andrew6586 wrote:I can't stand when people say tank it for draft position. Every draft has tons of talent and we need help everywhere. I especially hate it when people say tank it AFTER TWO GAMES! Win now. Period.

"Tanking" insinuates they could win more games with maximum effort.

What people are doing here is simply recognizing this is a 3 win team if they try their balls off.

Again, 1. Quarterback 2. Getting to the quarterback 3. Protecting the quarterback are the only things that matter in the modern NFL.

Get me a playa that fits in one of those three at the top of the draft, and I'm good to go.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 am

Thinking it's likely to be 2. You've got youth served up the middle on both sides (young O and middle of the D, aging vets/expendable guys on the outside on O/D. Gotta start replacing the older guys and getting some guys on D that can put the pressure on consistently.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 am

They'll do better than 2-3 wins. They'll get Haden and Phil Taylor back for the last 10-11 games and that will improved the defense a lot.

Weeden is on the steep section of the learning curve. TR is finding his groove. The schedule is still a bitch, but the Browns were one dropped interception from beating the Eagles (who beat the Ravens the following week) and one blown punt return from playing the Bengals dead even in their house.

This is the second or third youngest team in the league. They'll get better, especially when Haden and Taylor get back.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 am

Pros, ^^^^ There is no doubt they'll get better, problem is not "better" enough to beat the teams already "better." 3-4-5 wins max. Peruse the draft for an impact pass rusher.

We drafting 4 again.

Like Lead says, not enough "playas"....yet.

Oh, and Swerbie, how did I ever forget Jacksonville as hideous? :)
pod2dawg

Unread postby rk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

pod2dawg wrote:Pros, ^^^^ There is no doubt they'll get better, problem is not "better" enough to beat the teams already "better." 3-4-5 wins max. Peruse the draft for an impact pass rusher.

How can you have watched the first two games and come to the conclusion that we need an impact pass rusher more than anything else?

CB, WR, OG. The reliance on Haden in this defense is amazing. They need a clone of him to replace Brown who's played well but is aging, plus at least one more capable CB with speed/size for depth. The fact that Mo-mass is still the only WR a QB can trust is telling although it's always possible Little (less likely) or Gordon (more likely) step into the role of reliable big play WR.

Maybe an impact OLB depending on the yutes progression but right now they look like they're playing great.

The DL is consistently getting to the QB even without Taylor. The Browns are second in the league in sacks with 8 (GB has 11 and Chi is tied at 8 with us).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... onType=REG

And in both games they were able to rattle the opposing QB even though Dalton consistently was throwing to WRs that were 2 steps open. Without Haden this defense just fails.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby scott » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 am

Prosecutor wrote:They'll do better than 2-3 wins. They'll get Haden and Phil Taylor back for the last 10-11 games and that will improved the defense a lot.

Weeden is on the steep section of the learning curve. TR is finding his groove. The schedule is still a bitch, but the Browns were one dropped interception from beating the Eagles (who beat the Ravens the following week) and one blown punt return from playing the Bengals dead even in their house.

This is the second or third youngest team in the league. They'll get better, especially when Haden and Taylor get back.

We are 3 point home underdogs to the Buffalo Bills. Is there a game on the schedule where we will be favorites? Maybe KC. Maybe Indy.

The Browns will have a chance to surprise a couple favorites - ball control with TR, keep the score low and hope to win the turnover battle. But not enough to win more than a few. We aren't going to catch the Broncos or Giants sleeping when they are fighting for playoff home field in December even with an improving team.

Edit: The team has a lot less holes in the roster than they have in years. My hope for this season is that the offense shows enough that the new owner opens up his checkbook to fill in the roster with a couple veterans and we compete next year.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 am

rk wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:Pros, ^^^^ There is no doubt they'll get better, problem is not "better" enough to beat the teams already "better." 3-4-5 wins max. Peruse the draft for an impact pass rusher.

How can you have watched the first two games and come to the conclusion that we need an impact pass rusher more than anything else?

CB, WR, OG. The reliance on Haden in this defense is amazing. They need a clone of him to replace Brown who's played well but is aging, plus at least one more capable CB with speed/size for depth. The fact that Mo-mass is still the only WR a QB can trust is telling although it's always possible Little (less likely) or Gordon (more likely) step into the role of reliable big play WR.

Maybe an impact OLB depending on the yutes progression but right now they look like they're playing great.

The DL is consistently getting to the QB even without Taylor. The Browns are second in the league in sacks with 8 (GB has 11 and Chi is tied at 8 with us).

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... onType=REG

And in both games they were able to rattle the opposing QB even though Dalton consistently was throwing to WRs that were 2 steps open. Without Haden this defense just fails.

Well, allow me to play devils advocate.

Part of the reason we're getting pressure is by sending multiple different blitzing looks at the QB. The D-line is getting decent pressure, but half of those sacks (I havent looked at the actual numbers) are from DB's.

Even if the Browns do have a solid group of D-linemen, you don't want to be drafting a DB in the top 5-6 picks, given the option, unless there's a Patrick Peterson type of talent there. You want to grab the guys you CANT get later; an Ndomakan(sp?) Suh, a Troy Polamalu, an AJ Green. You take the BPA there, unless it's an OT. (I don't even care if they take another QB, but that's a discussion we'll have ad naseum later)

I think they'll avoid a WR at that spot because they have an overwhelming amount of youth at the position with upside, anyway. We'll know by the draft if they think they have the pieces there.

Team has filled in every position on the field with youth/upside, at this point. This year gives them a good look as to where the youth that's playing should end up as a depth option or as an impact starter. The only definitely fills are at OLB and CB.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:24 pm

DBs have been neutered in past ten years. Want DBs that can cover? Pressure the QB and watch how much better the DBs look.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

rk wrote:

CB, WR, OG.........

Well, lets' throw in a safety too, but as Grady says no DB's in top 4 unless Deon comes back. Not saying we don't need another CB, WR, and G but would love an outside LB speed freak a la Mathews. I do not know if there is an elite DE, but I will take elite there . Elite is good. Not sure OG at 4 is reasonable either. I watched Alex Boone last night ( ex-buck tackle) look pretty good at RG for the niners.

So we are agreeing more than not. We have 14 games for one of our WR's to excel. Little woke up last week. Mo looks good till he is concussed again. Gordon has the tools.

We need impact/elite to compete with the big boys. :thumb up:
pod2dawg

Unread postby rk » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:DBs have been neutered in past ten years. Want DBs that can cover? Pressure the QB and watch how much better the DBs look.

Huh? Average DBs are probably less effective than they used to but star cover dbs are more effective and have more of an impact. Guys like Asomugha, Haden, Peterson, Revis... They're huge difference makers. Not to mention the difference a pass hawk safety like Reed can make on a game.

Meanwhile you have teams like Buffalo that went all in on getting a top flight pass rusher only to realize it doesn't help you much if the DBs can't keep a guy covered for 3 seconds.

A sack consists of two things. The pass rush and the ability of the secondary to not allow a receiver to be open. Coverage sacks count just as much as pressure sacks.

Anyway we're talking about a likely high first round pick. More than likely the Browns will focus on best talent available at positions that they have any need but if they're only drafting need they would be better off with another all-pro caliber member of the secondary then they would be with an all-pro pass rusher. Our defense is getting to the QB consistently. They just have to get to him within 3 seconds if the secondary keeps playing like they did yesterday. And nobody you draft is going to be able to do that. IMHO.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm

rk wrote:
peeker643 wrote:DBs have been neutered in past ten years. Want DBs that can cover? Pressure the QB and watch how much better the DBs look.

Huh? Average DBs are probably less effective than they used to but star cover dbs are more effective and have more of an impact. Guys like Asomugha, Haden, Peterson, Revis... They're huge difference makers. Not to mention the difference a pass hawk safety like Reed can make on a game.

Meanwhile you have teams like Buffalo that went all in on getting a top flight pass rusher only to realize it doesn't help you much if the DBs can't keep a guy covered for 3 seconds.

A sack consists of two things. The pass rush and the ability of the secondary to not allow a receiver to be open. Coverage sacks count just as much as pressure sacks.

Anyway we're talking about a likely high first round pick. More than likely the Browns will focus on best talent available at positions that they have any need but if they're only drafting need they would be better off with another all-pro caliber member of the secondary then they would be with an all-pro pass rusher. Our defense is getting to the QB consistently. They just have to get to him within 3 seconds if the secondary keeps playing like they did yesterday. And nobody you draft is going to be able to do that. IMHO.

I'll take 'elite' anything.

But if I have choice between truly elite pass rusher and DB I'm taking the pass rusher. Every single time.

Even with all the playoff games those four elite DBs you named above played in last year. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm

andrew6586 wrote:I can't stand when people say tank it for draft position. Every draft has tons of talent and we need help everywhere. I especially hate it when people say tank it AFTER TWO GAMES! Win now. Period.

There is a difference between hoping that a team tanks/loses and shrugging off a close loss where the team played hard because said loss inadvertently helps draft position.

If we're talking about a potential playoff team, then there is no solace in a loss. Ravens fans aren't sitting at home today saying "Well, at least we'll get a better pick." No, they're Championship Or Bust right now.

We, however, are not there yet. So progress in important areas combined with close loss actually helps the team in the long run more than any other result.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 pm

rk wrote:

Buffalo's mistake was a failure to understand the the difference between contant pressure and sacks. Cause their new zillion dollar aquisition is a sacker - but he's not a guy that's bringing pressure every down.

And again, the RULES have made the pass rusher more important - cause in the 80's you could name a dozen "shut down corners," now, if there's two in the league it's a stretch. So, to your point, if you can get a "shut down corner" you'd have a great aquisition, but I'm tellin' ya that they are going the way of the dinosaur - good luck finding one when you can't breathe on your opponent.

Outside of QB, a stud pass rusher is the most valuable commodity in the game.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Buffalo's mistake was a failure to understand the the difference between contant pressure and sacks. Cause their new zillion dollar aquisition is a sacker - but he's not a guy that's bringing pressure every down.

I won't pretend to have watched Mario Williams very much, but it's really starting to sound like you're just making shit up now. (mooning) :salute:
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 pm

I actually heard some big-wig NFL talking head say the same thing lead said somewhere or another recently when researching FF.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Goddammit e0y
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 pm

That's not fair, he only has 3 less sacks that DQ's 3.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 am

motherscratcher wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

I won't pretend to have watched Mario Williams very much, but it's really starting to sound like you're just making shit up now. (mooning) :salute:

I have watched Mario Williams a lot; the Bills got themselves a less injured version of Courtney Brown.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:03 am

Luckily for all of us we get to see the broken down Mario this Sunday!!!
pod2dawg

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:29 am

Exactly. Just when do you stop tanking? How do you flip the switch?

How do you make a professional athlete lose games? When his next paycheck and his next contract depends on his performance?

How do you build on the culture of losing, and then one day decide to change it?

Fuck it, go for .500. What we need now (secondary, LB's, wideouts, linemen) are found in the middle of the first round anyhow.

Fuck losing, that's all we've done for 23 years. It's time to play.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 am

All I know is I've grown really fucking sick and tired of playing for 'progress' each week. As if that's the GD goal here. Cavs, Tribe, Browns.... same shit every fucking year and, no, it's not bitching about the reality of it and I get where we're at.

I'm just fucking sick of it.

And we are what we're force fed. By and large we're a fan base that's been desensitized to winning and losing in the name of development and progress. All because we don't win and we need to justify the losing.

And every year we're back with our bowls and spoons begging for more and sure it ain't gonna taste as shitty.

I smell a ranting article being born ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:39 am

peeker643 wrote:All I know is I've grown really fucking sick and tired of playing for 'progress' each week. As if that's the GD goal here. Cavs, Tribe, Browns.... same shit every fucking year and, no, it's not bitching about the reality of it and I get where we're at.

And we are what we're force fed. By and large we're a fan base that's been desensitized to winning and losing in the name of development and progress. All because we don't win and we need to justify the losing.

And every year we're back with our bowls and spoons begging for more and sure it ain't gonna taste as shitty.

Excellent, no one's ever ranted from that angle before. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 am

^^^^^^^^^^ Yep. Guys, NOBODY wants to win more than I. We can try to win all we want with no Guards, one safety, one LB, good DL, smoke & mirrors, somebody named Skrine, packages, reads, schemes, C+ WR's, stunts, trick plays..........look at the talent for Christ sake. YSU's corners are as good as the two we had in last week.

It ain't their fault. They are bustin their asses trying to guard Green and the other 8 deep WR's the Bengals had that would all start for us. The bad news/good news is.......till we get more players that can make ONE more f$%%cking play....don't matter how we slice it dice it 5/6 wins max , and another high draft pick coming our way.

Go for the win absolutely. Like Grady or somebody said, one more year of high picks and Uncle Pilot opens the check book and get some impact FA's in here and we're in business.
pod2dawg

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Luckily for all of us we get to see the broken down Mario this Sunday!!!

Never said he was broken down - just that he doesn't dominate a game the way you would expect for an overall #1 who just got $50 mil guarenteed.

'Course, the way the Browns OTs have played, the guy will probably end up with 5 sacks.
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

So now that three people have called mother a dumbass, anyone else want to step up to the plate?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

To reiterate... I don't see anyone advocating "tanking", at least not at this point. We're all rooting for wins on Sundays.

But it's just a reality that if you're a bad team, it actually furthers your Progress to be really bad rather than just ordinary bad. So once the goose is cooked, Progress is much better served in draft position rather than meaningless season-ending wins.

There's really no reason to argue about it if you can't stomach the concept, and I don't blame you since in the Browns case it's not like it's been one or two seasons of bad to reach good, it's a decade plus of bad that just reciprocates bad. But ask yourself this:

Which scenario represents the greater likelihood of Progress both in 2012 and long-term - Win 4 games in 2011 and draft Richardson & Weeden in the 1st round, or win 1 game in 2011 and draft Luck/RG3 & Doug Martin?
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 pm

RG3 and Doug Martin.... oh boy
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:To reiterate... I don't see anyone advocating "tanking", at least not at this point. We're all rooting for wins on Sundays.

But it's just a reality that if you're a bad team, it actually furthers your Progress to be really bad rather than just ordinary bad. So once the goose is cooked, Progress is much better served in draft position rather than meaningless season-ending wins.

There's really no reason to argue about it if you can't stomach the concept, and I don't blame you since in the Browns case it's not like it's been one or two seasons of bad to reach good, it's a decade plus of bad that just reciprocates bad. But ask yourself this:

Which scenario represents the greater likelihood of Progress both in 2012 and long-term - Win 4 games in 2011 and draft Richardson & Weeden in the 1st round, or win 1 game in 2011 and draft Luck/RG3 & Doug Martin?

The fact that people are even having this conversation demonstrates how the NFL grows more and more effed up every year and if Goodell and co are not careful they'll be on the way to irrelevance in another 10 years.

If you don't have a top tier QB and a pass rush you're going nowhere. And those players don't come along every day - and when they do teams fall all over themselves to try and get one. You can MAYBE develop them, if you get the right guy and have the same HC and OC and system for more than, say, 3 years in a row.
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:To reiterate... I don't see anyone advocating "tanking", at least not at this point. We're all rooting for wins on Sundays.

The fact that people are even having this conversation demonstrates how the NFL grows more and more effed up every year and if Goodell and co are not careful they'll be on the way to irrelevance in another 10 years.

If you don't have a top tier QB and a pass rush you're going nowhere. And those players don't come along every day - and when they do teams fall all over themselves to try and get one. You can MAYBE develop them, if you get the right guy and have the same HC and OC and system for more than, say, 3 years in a row.

Which is why I have an eye on Barkevious Mingo this year. When Mock Drafts predict a pass rusher #1 overall, maybe he would be worth having.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Mr. Barkey Von Schnauzer?

http://youtu.be/2cgiuf33X1Q

Awesome!!
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:All I know is I've grown really fucking sick and tired of playing for 'progress' each week. As if that's the GD goal here. Cavs, Tribe, Browns.... same shit every fucking year and, no, it's not bitching about the reality of it and I get where we're at.

Excellent, no one's ever ranted from that angle before. ;-) ;) :wink:

Don't worry about me. You just keep focusing on not having a time machine and trying to win no more than three games again for the 10th year in a row so there's a chance that five years from then you have something to watch. Bring your bowl and spoon.

Not to mention I don't give a flying fuck if anyone reads what I write. It gets me through the day and the dark, dark nights. I didn't when I started and I don't now. If I did I'd probably be less of an asshole when I write. It's for me. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh good. This again.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

peeker643 wrote:Don't worry about me. You just keep focusing on not having a time machine and trying to win no more than three games again for the 10th year in a row so there's a chance that five years from then you have something to watch. Bring your bowl and spoon.

Not to mention I don't give a flying fuck if anyone reads what I write. It gets me through the day and the dark, dark nights. I didn't when I started and I don't now. If I did I'd probably be less of an asshole when I write. It's for me. ;-) ;) :wink:

Just bustin' your balls. I write for the same reason, I enjoy it and don't get enough feeback to know what people think about it anyway.

Find your bowl and spoon "insult" cute, since you're clearly still watching the games too. As long as you keep watching, the Browns could care less if you rip them. If you're above consuming their shit sandwich, you gotta stop ordering it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Don't worry about me. You just keep focusing on not having a time machine and trying to win no more than three games again for the 10th year in a row so there's a chance that five years from then you have something to watch. Bring your bowl and spoon.

Just bustin' your balls. I write for the same reason, I enjoy it and don't get enough feeback to know what people think about it anyway.

Find your bowl and spoon "insult" cute, since you're clearly still watching the games too. As long as you keep watching, the Browns could care less if you rip them. If you're above consuming their shit sandwich, you gotta stop ordering it.

Well, we don't know how the "Browns" as they are currently constituted feel about it. I think the front office currently in place know they have to start winning pronto if they want to keep their jobs, and i'll bet Haslam cares too.

If the browns win 6 games this year, i'll bet they get another crack at it next year, and they bring in some Vets to substitute weak areas. Just a guess.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh good. This again.

I know. Can't say boo to the guy without a hissy. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Well, we don't know how the "Browns" as they are currently constituted feel about it. I think the front office currently in place know they have to start winning pronto if they want to keep their jobs, and i'll bet Haslam cares too.

If the browns win 6 games this year, i'll bet they get another crack at it next year, and they bring in some Vets to substitute weak areas. Just a guess.

Haslam might care, and we might get a different result.

Guess we'll have to order another shit sandwich to find out.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Of course I watch. The next game is the one where the turnaround begins. As is the next owner, next president, next GM, next head coach and next QB.

Duh.

Been that way for 25 years.

Doesn't mean I'm not sick of it. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm the mother of the 45 yr old prescription vicodin addict. I'll always love him and protect and feed him and house him.

But I'm gonna rant about the asshole too. Demand accountability and for him to change his ways. You know, while I enable him.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh good. This again.

Go fuck yourself, Shrek.

:tfh:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:29 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

I have watched Mario Williams a lot; the Bills got themselves a less injured version of Courtney Brown.

I don't make shit up - I just watch the games.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:I'm the mother of the 45 yr old prescription vicodin addict. I'll always love him and protect and feed him and house him.

But I'm gonna rant about the asshole too. Demand accountability and for him to change his ways. You know, while I enable him.

Now that made me laugh out loud. Perfect definition of the Cleveland fan.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Week two and we're scouting top draft picks already for the high pick we're going to throw games for. Someday, but not today. ::doh::
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Spin wrote:Week two and we're scouting top draft picks already for the high pick we're going to throw games for. Someday, but not today. ::doh::

To use the Peeker smarm-tactic: No, I think our defense as presently constituted is probably Super Bowl ready, so why would anyone wish the team could be in position to draft players that have a high likelihood of being stars in the NFL when this 0-2 hole is nothing but a minor speed bump on the way to the playoffs? We're close enough that all we need to do is draft a Guard at 22 and we might just win the whole thing.

Will this topic be more palatable when they're 0-5? OK, I'll bring it back up then.

Oh, and when I bring it back up, IT STILL WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TANKING OR THROWING GAMES.

Thank you.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I think wanting to lose for draft position is ignirint

Goals have to be met of guys will bail and a winning attitude and culture need to be part of the process

Drafting high is for losers
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 pm

The NBAification of the NFL! FAN-UP!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?