Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Week 1: Browns vs Eagles

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Week 1: Browns vs Eagles

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Stephen Hill >>> Ginger + Gordan

Bengals ginger > Browns ginger and Bengals ginger = meh.

I heard Steve Young and Cris Carter commenting on QB play in general today. Talking about Flacco and Sanchez in particular and how their drops and decision making seem faster now. Both stated 4-5 years is about the learning curve for QBs to feel comfortable with reads and systems and to react athletically and naturally without being too mechanical and slow.

That bodes well here, no?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Brandon Weeden » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

peeker643 wrote:McCoy never got caught for two minutes under the ceremonial flag before a game. ;-) ;) :wink:

Had he, I wouldn't give him a pass for it. And if I did,it would definitely be a short pass.

I never mentioned McCoy in my fun with Bleedin'. You're begging me to stop when I haven't started.

If Colt disappeared under a ceremonial flag tomorrow and was never heard from again I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Fellas, that American flag came out of nowhere. Review the tape! I never had a chance. Schwarz totally missed the assignment. You try dealing with a big ass flag coming at you after three years of playing against Iowa State, Kansas, and Texas Tech's defenses.
Brandon Weeden
Ready, Aim, FIRE!!!

Favorite Player: Derek Anderson
Least Favorite Player: Otto Graham

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am

Brandon Weeden wrote:
peeker643 wrote:McCoy never got caught for two minutes under the ceremonial flag before a game. ;-) ;) :wink:

Had he, I wouldn't give him a pass for it. And if I did,it would definitely be a short pass.

I never mentioned McCoy in my fun with Bleedin'. You're begging me to stop when I haven't started.

If Colt disappeared under a ceremonial flag tomorrow and was never heard from again I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Fellas, that American flag came out of nowhere. Review the tape! I never had a chance. Schwarz totally missed the assignment. You try dealing with a big ass flag coming at you after three years of playing against Iowa State, Kansas, and Texas Tech's defenses.

Well, to be fair, the Texas flag McCoy had to dodge pre-game as a Longhorn was probably larger than the Oklahoma flag Weeden had to steer clear of as a Cowboy. If proper flag ratio protocol was followed.

Had Weeden played his college ball at the University of Anchorage he would still be missing and he'd never been heard from again, much less drafted.

I've called the NFL and suggested the Combine include a flag-dodging drill. Maybe in accordance with the Wonderlic.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 pm

I reviewed the tape. Weeds had time to get the warmup toss off before the flag engulfed him, but he froze, then got happy feet, and then it was too late.

Too bad the Browns' scouts didn't get to their seats at Okie State until the game started - we wouldn't have blown a first round pick.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm

I've decided i'm going to get through this the same way I got through a dozen Redskins games last year; by cheering for Weeds to let it rip, every play, and celebrating every retarded decision.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

^^ I think we have a new mascot. Is this guy available as a backup?
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:10 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm

jb wrote:Image

I missed you.

And that pic looks like one that could only come from a Wrongful Sexual Imposition case.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:I've decided i'm going to get through this the same way I got through a dozen Redskins games last year; by cheering for Weeds to let it rip, every play, and celebrating every retarded decision.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

I enjoyed that immensely. Quite a bit actually.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm

The Flag was the best protection Weeden saw all day
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:13 pm

If WeedINT doesn't get his spleen ruptured and can somehow stay on the field, he has a very real chance to make a run at the all time INT record (George Blanda, 1962, 42 INT's) this year, I really believe that. All the elements you need are there. He need only average 2.5 per game the rest of the way. He could have easily thrown seven last Sunday.

Rookie record (Peyton Manning, 1998, 28 picks) seems to be a lock.

Will at least give us something to keep us engaged the final month of the season.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

What comes first - the WeedINT Twitter meltdown or another public outcry from Colt McCoy's dad?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:18 pm

swerb wrote:What comes first - the WeedINT Twitter meltdown or another public outcry from Colt McCoy's dad?

Someone should tell Old Man McCoy that we wouldn't be in this mess if his sperm was capable of producing a boy with a halfway decent arm.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm

An interesting comment from Albert Breer's Inside the NFL column at NFL.com:

The questions with Brandon Weeden won't subside for a while. It was clear Sunday, and will be going forward, that the Browns are going to endure. One talent evaluator referred to the learning curve Weeden faces going from Oklahoma State's spread to the West Coast offense as "enormous."

It's clear his pocket presence and feet need to improve, as does his awareness of things around him.

What separates Andrew Luck and Griffin from Weeden and Tannehill, at this point at least, is that the former were more polished arriving and have had systems built around them, while the latter came in raw and have to adjust. For Weeden, the issue is exacerbated by his age, which will effect perception after the season. And then, there's the possibility new owner Jimmy Haslam wants to clean house.

Either way, if Weeden does continue to struggle, then Cleveland could be going into 2013 with new decision-makers in place and a decision to make on a quarterback nearing his 30th birthday. All of which sure does explain why Weeden, who has tools and is a good worker and locker-room presence, had to battle questions on his age in February and March, and why those questions were indeed valid.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm

"The Ginger Cringer." Classic.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... o-the-bqbl

Browns (Brandon Weeden), 77 points: Brandon. Fucking. Weeden. The Ginger Cringer was tremendous in his BQBL debut. It’s Tuesday morning, so you have already heard all about his 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound QB Rating, his 2-for-13-on-third-down brilliance, and his being eaten, rejected, and then vomited out by the American flag itself.

Here at BQBL headquarters we don’t just scratch the surface of the polluted pool of ineptitude, nor do we take a deep dive into it. We snorkel it while searching for glorious little statistical nuggets that illuminate just how much these men shrank in the spotlight. Did you know that you completed as many passes more than 10 yards as The Ginger Cringer did last week? On his nine attempts more than 10 yards down the field, Weeden put up an astonishing 33 percent interception rate. Yes, on those nine attempts, Weeden threw three of his four picks. When he sealed the defeat with his fourth, he was done scoring BQBL points for Week 1, but he wasn’t done scoring BQBL points. This rookie has the BQBL savvy of a 28-year-old veteran, and after the game, managed to give BQBL Browns owners a head start on next week’s matchup with an unprecedented Week 1 “Brandon Weeden is our starting quarterback” from head coach Pat Shurmur. Shurmur added, “and he is going to get better.” BQBLers smiled, nodded, and whispered to themselves, “Yes he is, Coach, Yes. He. Is.”

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:56 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
swerb wrote:What comes first - the WeedINT Twitter meltdown or another public outcry from Colt McCoy's dad?

Someone should tell Old Man McCoy that we wouldn't be in this mess if his sperm was capable of producing a boy with a halfway decent arm.

LOL ... guy does everything but break out The Festivus Pole with his annual Airing of the Grievances.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 pm

swerb wrote:LOL ... guy does everything but break out The Festivus Pole with his annual Airing of the Grievances.

I'm going after mom during the Feats of Strength.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Brandon Weeden » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Shit boys, gonna take more than a couple dumb ass columnists to keep this dog from huntin'. Game plan is gonna be explosive this week, me and the young pup flankers took in the Monday Night game last night at some place called Daven Busters and really saw some things we can exploit. We didn't practice today, but if we would have, I bet coach Pat would let us open it up a little.

This is the week we get it going fellas. Make Uncle Jimmy Haslem happer than a dog with two peckers.
Brandon Weeden
Ready, Aim, FIRE!!!

Favorite Player: Derek Anderson
Least Favorite Player: Otto Graham

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:I've decided i'm going to get through this the same way I got through a dozen Redskins games last year; by cheering for Weeds to let it rip, every play, and celebrating every retarded decision.

I had completely forgotten that one...thank you. Literally made me laugh out loud today. Maybe not as funny as coming right off the game, but still freakin hilarious.

Seriously, this paragraph is $$.

What’s that? I should throw a quick slant? Fuck that. That’s gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is fucking football. You can’t just expect wins to come to you. You can’t massage that shit. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving shit out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You’re a pussy. This ain’t John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Either way, if Weeden does continue to struggle, then Cleveland could be going into 2013 with new decision-makers in place and a decision to make on a quarterback nearing his 30th birthday. All of which sure does explain why Weeden, who has tools and is a good worker and locker-room presence, had to battle questions on his age in February and March, and why those questions were indeed valid.

What a fuckin' hater. Probably another YouTube and keyboard havin' wizard.

Browns (Brandon Weeden), 77 points: Brandon. Fucking. Weeden. The Ginger Cringer was tremendous in his BQBL debut. It’s Tuesday morning, so you have already heard all about his 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound QB Rating, his 2-for-13-on-third-down brilliance, and his being eaten, rejected, and then vomited out by the American flag itself.

Why the ridiculous level of hate? They comment on Cuddles at all when he had a 5.1 and was engulfed by the halftime high school marching band last season??

:hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL