Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Week 1: Browns vs Eagles

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Week 1: Browns vs Eagles

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I do appreciate the level of personal dislike that Weeden has found by the "fans" since... oh... he was drafted.

Stupid Weeden. Only a dick would allow the Browns to draft him.

Unless he's a cutie pie with great big doe eyes. Then it's OK.

No way it could be because someone didn't and doesn't think he can play. God, do those people look foolish. Sure is crazy to put any stock in what people said before the draft, and that Greg Cosell blurb wasn't even close to accurate.

Good God... "personal dislike"... Bwah!!!!! Talk about butt-hurt.

No, you're right. The respect afforded Weeden after being drafted was exactly the same as Colt or Quinn. No one said anything negative about them prior to the draft. Drafting them wasn't a "mistake".

True. I forgot about the Colt McCoy Parade the citizens of Cleveland put on when he was drafted in the third round that one year. That was a good time. The beer & steer dinner in honor of the long horn was a great way to end that festive occasion.

And the Quinn pick didn't do anything in particular for me. I wasn't the one at Panini's sharing hugs with fellow Browns fans. But I know some who were. Solid history of picking guys out for success. :thumb up:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:27 pm

justmebd wrote:
swerb wrote:Image

Someone needs to put these pictures side-by-side with a pic of Peyton Manning and/or Tom Brady just so you truly can see the difference between someone comfortable in the pocket and the QB who is scared shitless.

Those guys really look comfortable.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby rk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:Except for Andy Reid deciding to wait late in the fourth quarter to take advantage of the biggest advantage he had entering the game. That was pretty much the only thing that surprised me.

Then you obviously don't follow the NFL. Because no one from Philly or anywhere else was surprised that Andy Reid tried to force feed Vick taking the hardest path to victory rather than using their running game to take the easiest, most obvious path. He punished his QB repeatedly in a game where they just needed to run it every down and they would have cleared the spread.

Now maybe the fact that the refs were calling holds by the book instead of by the NFL rules (you can only call x number of holds on one team per game in the NFL book) scared Reid away from the running game. It seemed like every time they got a 8+ yard carry it got nullified. But honestly Reid coaching like crap on gameday was an easy prediction.
rk

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Gotta agree. The pics mean nothing.

You know how you tell he's uncomfortable and ineffective? The four PICKs, the fumble, the 12/79 passing and the fact the 12 completions traveled a total of 30 yards in the air.

Oh yeah... and the fact the keeps trying to loft balls to little people down the sideline because he's apparently not bright enough to understand you should throw it farther to fast guys and higher to tall guys.

He'll figure it out.

"Long to little, tall to tall...long to little, tall to tall". He's gonna fuck it up when someone reminds him one of the tall guys is actually named Little, though. Sure as shit they'll have to make it even simpler.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm

rk wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Except for Andy Reid deciding to wait late in the fourth quarter to take advantage of the biggest advantage he had entering the game. That was pretty much the only thing that surprised me.

Then you obviously don't follow the NFL.

Nope. I follow the Browns. I've heard there are similarities. 3rd cousinish kind of related.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Brandon Weeden » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Hikohadon wrote:As if the disdain towards him were brand new.

Crybabies got their panties in a bunch since the draft.

Brandon, back me up here.

Been a lot of fans madder than a wet hen since I was dat there the Browns pick. Others happier than a tornado in a trailer park about me comin over here. Got some others that got a hankerin' for that Colt McCoy feller'. If I had my druthers, everyone would support me, but that wasn't even the case in Stillwater till' the second half of last year.

When all the cows come home, like my Uncle Jimbo tells me, yain't gonna make everyone happy. All I can do is just keep slingin' that there pigskin around the field boys.
Brandon Weeden
Ready, Aim, FIRE!!!

Favorite Player: Derek Anderson
Least Favorite Player: Otto Graham

Unread postby Brandon Weeden » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

And one other thing fellas, that Mistero, that's a man that knows his football. Give this good 'ole boy a few weeks before givin' up hope.

Few more weeks of reps with good 'ole coach Pat and that creepy looking bald guy an' I'll be more comfortable than a pig in shit.
Brandon Weeden
Ready, Aim, FIRE!!!

Favorite Player: Derek Anderson
Least Favorite Player: Otto Graham

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Who has worse hands Braylon or Little?

And maybe if we start calling him BW3 he'll get good.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby rk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:Who has worse hands Braylon or Little?

I've vote Little. Braylon caught hard to catch passes. His problems were the easy ones. Little's problem is every pass.

New Orleans defense is not even remotely a fair comparison to Philly's defense. Philly has two of the best cover corners in the game and a strong pass rush with linebackers that are fast enough that they can control the short passing game.

That being said RGIII is a very, very talented QB and was picked 20 odd picks in front of Weeden for a reason. The skins also did a nice job getting a couple decent vet WRs. I doubt Weeden would have played the kind of game RGIII had but he would have performed a lot better than we saw yesterday.

And worth noting if Little had made that catch rather than playing volleyball who knows how much that changes the entire game. I might be wrong but I don't believe Weeden even looked for Little after that.
rk

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:10 pm

rk wrote:

I've vote Little. Braylon caught hard to catch passes. His problems were the easy ones. Little's problem is every pass.

New Orleans defense is not even remotely a fair comparison to Philly's defense. Philly has two of the best cover corners in the game and a strong pass rush with linebackers that are fast enough that they can control the short passing game.

That being said RGIII is a very, very talented QB and was picked 20 odd picks in front of Weeden for a reason. The skins also did a nice job getting a couple decent vet WRs. I doubt Weeden would have played the kind of game RGIII had but he would have performed a lot better than we saw yesterday.

And worth noting if Little had made that catch rather than playing volleyball who knows how much that changes the entire game. I might be wrong but I don't believe Weeden even looked for Little after that.

Hard to say who he was looking at really. Couple guys running crossing routes and the ball sailing 30 yards over everyone's head makes it tough to dial in who he was trying to get it to.

Tell ya what though, he developed some solid chemistry with Kurt Coleman and Rodgers-Cromartie. Only Massaquoi caught more Weeden throws than those two guys. And MoMass only had one more.

And the Little drop WAS huge. All QBs worth a shit wither up, withdraw and shit themselves the rest of the day when a receiver drops a ball early. It happens. What are ya gonna do? Can't expect a young rookie who's never faced adversity or had a receiver drop a ball during his career to shake it off and play the game.

Just can't ask that of a 22 yr old kid.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 pm

I just laugh at why people think they need to "pick a QB." Whoever is behind center I root for. I want the Browns to win.

The problem, as far as "fans" are concerned, is the process (to use a Mangini-ism).

Brandon Weeden is a 3rd-round talent who needs two years to develop. The issue with most fans is: WE ALREADY HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!! HIS NAME IS COLT McCOY!!

However, Holmgren in his infinite wisdom decided to take Weeden in the first round. So here we are. I like Weeden. I think he can be successful -- In 2-3 years.

Once we lost the RG3 sweepstakes, they should've gone full speed ahead with McCoy because if McCoy continued to suck, you have another shot next year at a franchise QB with more talent surrounding him. If McCoy finds his game and makes it work, then Huzzahh!!

Keeping my fingers crossed Weeden has a steep learning curve, or we will be taking a shot at the next Belle of the Ball in April 2013.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:Dammit. I have no skills with photoshop. Just glad you took the time from hanging the Weeden Fathead and cutting pictures for the collage.

I love the fact the picture is saved as peeker01.jpg.

I thought you might like that.

peeker643 wrote:Hey, see if you can come up with more pictures to try and distract people from the fact Weeden is ill-prepared to play NFL football. Okay? Thanks :thumb up: :thumb up:

Why would I do that? He IS ill prepared to play in the NFL. We all knew it, we all expected it, and that's what we got. But he gets the season just like Colt did last year, so I think the reaction to Weed's failures should be equal to the reaction to Colt's failures.

All I heard last year was how none of it was Colt's fault, no matter how many games in a row he sucked. But this Weeden guy? He's clearly a flop after one game. Hell, he was a flop the second they drafted him.

This is not a defense of Weeden. His performance is indefensible. This is a giant STFU to anyone stupid enough to start the Colt bullshit again.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Dammit. I have no skills with photoshop. Just glad you took the time from hanging the Weeden Fathead and cutting pictures for the collage.

peeker643 wrote:Hey, see if you can come up with more pictures to try and distract people from the fact Weeden is ill-prepared to play NFL football. Okay? Thanks :thumb up: :thumb up:

Why would I do that? He IS ill prepared to play in the NFL. We all knew it, we all expected it, and that's what we got. But he gets the season just like Colt did last year, so I think the reaction to Weed's failures should be equal to the reaction to Colt's failures.

All I heard last year was how none of it was Colt's fault, no matter how many games in a row he sucked. But this Weeden guy? He's clearly a flop after one game. Hell, he was a flop the second they drafted him.

This is not a defense of Weeden. His performance is indefensible. This is a giant STFU to anyone stupid enough to start the Colt bullshit again.

I do agree with you 100% on this point. As I just posted, Weeden's here now. We gotta let the kid play.
justmebd

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 pm

justmebd wrote:Once we lost the RG3 sweepstakes, they should've gone full speed ahead with McCoy because if McCoy continued to suck, you have another shot next year at a franchise QB with more talent surrounding him. If McCoy finds his game and makes it work, then Huzzahh!!

You are forgetting Option C (the most likely option) - they go full speed ahead with McCoy, he improves just enough to be a 6 win QB, the Browns are never in position to draft that franchise QB they want/need.

Hell, maybe in 2 years McCoy is good enough to get them to 8 wins. Huzzahh?

At his best, McCoy is purgatory.
Hikohadon

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:Once we lost the RG3 sweepstakes, they should've gone full speed ahead with McCoy because if McCoy continued to suck, you have another shot next year at a franchise QB with more talent surrounding him. If McCoy finds his game and makes it work, then Huzzahh!!

You are forgetting Option C (the most likely option) - they go full speed ahead with McCoy, he improves just enough to be a 6 win QB, the Browns are never in position to draft that franchise QB they want/need.

I stand corrected. I forgot this is Cleveland and we're always just bad enough to not be the worst.
justmebd

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote: All I heard last year was how none of it was Colt's fault, no matter how many games in a row he sucked.

I guess you have had SoulDawg on "ignore" far longer than I have. ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm

justmebd wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I stand corrected. I forgot this is Cleveland and we're always just bad enough to not be the worst.

Bad enough to be bad, good enough to never get better.

Just like the Cavs will be this year.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Who the hell wants Colt? And Weeden was a bad idea before anyone drafted him. It only got worse when the Browns were the ones who did.

And again, half of it ain't his fault. Maybe more. But combine his weaknesses and the weaknesses of the organization and roster and how anyone could have been in favor of the move is really, truly beyond me. Colt be damned. Better off running Cuddles out of town and starting that arrogant asshole they did cut all season long.

Poorly run orgs make poor choices. Here we are. You can have fun by enjoying whatever thin slice of hope Bleedin' presents to you.

I'm gonna have enjoying and making fun of the fat spectacle that will be the majority of the 2013 season. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:42 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote: All I heard last year was how none of it was Colt's fault, no matter how many games in a row he sucked.

I guess you have had SoulDawg on "ignore" far longer than I have. ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:

Ha! True.

Now, we're all SoulDawgs.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:Who the hell wants Colt?

Clearly, this is your only source for Browns news/discussion.

Don't turn on the radio.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Correct, I should've said "diapers". I know how concerned you are about misogyny.

I think there is a striking resemblance. Maybe just needs a dip... ;-) ;) :wink:

Close, but this kid has too much hair.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby noahpoinar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Perhaps this is off topic.. but if Weeden proves terrible I could see them trying to swing a deal with Miami for Matt Moore.
noahpoinar

Favorite Player: Mike Adams
Least Favorite Player: Semih Erden

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:Only thing missing is your Vice-President of Hope & Propoganda dropping in to tell me how things actually went fairly well and are to be expected.

Went alright. Weed's car got a little dinged up.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:54 pm

noahpoinar wrote:Perhaps this is off topic.. but if Weeden proves terrible I could see them trying to swing a deal with Miami for Matt Moore.

Oh, FFS. What purpose does that serve? Is Moore your franchise guy? No, otherwise Tanneblow wouldn't be starting. So, you'd win 6-8 games, be stuck in purgatory, with no QB.

If Weeds truly is this awful (or close to it), ride it out, win 2 games and with #1 pick, select...

OH FUCK, WE'RE SCREWED! :hic: :hic:
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Only thing missing is your Vice-President of Hope & Propoganda dropping in to tell me how things actually went fairly well and are to be expected.

Went alright. Weed's car got a little dinged up.

Am I the only one picturing Weeden in the bathtub smoking weed while James Harrison and Ray Lewis bust through the door carrying a marmot on a leash.

But everything will be okay because they're Nihlists, and they don't care about anything.
justmebd

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Who the hell wants Colt?

Clearly, this is your only source for Browns news/discussion.

Don't turn on the radio.

I won't. No worries there.

And btw, while I bust balls and stir the pot and annoy the living hell out of you and many others, I really do give Weeden the whole year and I really do measure his progress at every quarter mark. See where he is now, after 4, 8, 12 and season's end and take stock.

I personally expect to need a QB when it's all said and done and yesterday was comically bad, but Colt shouldn't see the field unless there's an injury and Weeden needs the full year. My fear is he gets the next two after this crew is sent packing and still turns out to not be the guy.

And yes, I will be brutal despite that understanding ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:17 pm

justmebd wrote:Am I the only one picturing Weeden in the bathtub smoking weed while James Harrison and Ray Lewis bust through the door carrying a marmot on a leash.

But everything will be okay because they're Nihlists, and they don't care about anything.

You've got James Harrison and Ray Lewis in this scenario but Weeden's the one smoking the pot?
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:Am I the only one picturing Weeden in the bathtub smoking weed while James Harrison and Ray Lewis bust through the door carrying a marmot on a leash.

You've got James Harrison and Ray Lewis in this scenario but Weeden's the one smoking the pot?

Guy got stuck under a ceremonial flag. Someone would have to be there to help him figure out how to get his head unstuck from the sleeve of his robe.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 pm

I wish our bye week was this week, just to see this thread hit 23 pages.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Not to make Haslem out to be a franchise savior to rescuse, but I mean the reports are that he was at Shurmer's PC watching him, and has been actually within the building, unlike Lerner.

does that mean a damn thing? No. He could be a clueless buffoom that makes senile Al Davis look articulate and football smart. But I got to believe that he somewhat sees the same shit we do, and if things don't look good come week 17, I think we could be seeing some changes.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 am

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Ha! True.

Not to pick on the aged wonder (who apparently has larger responsibilities and can no longer post here) but there is a lot of truth in that statement. And I think it's an interesting question.

Why did Colt receive a huge pass from many and Brandon is hated from the jump? I think Weeden is simply going to be the scapegoat for another unsuccessful Browns FO. He will ultimately be remembered as the desperate attempt to save jobs and protect a legacy. When the truck stop king blows this whole thing out of the water in January, poor number 3 will be the poster child for Holmgren's failed tenure.

I feel sorry for the guy (almost wrote "kid" - except he's not)already and he's only played one game.
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

Personally, a mid 3rd round flyer is a roll of the dice that doesn't cost you nearly as much uin terms of acquisition costs or first contract salary.

Moving up to get a 29 yr old in the first round is a much bigger commitment in money, years and status.

It ain't Weeden. It's the cost of Weeden and the value of what was purchased. I personally didn't and don't think it was worth it. Not even close. And Holmgren ain't out there on Sunday to boo and mock.

Weeden wears that disgust and disenchantment for the organization from people like me who think he's destined to be ordinary at best.

That's my opinion on it and where I come from.

YMMV

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Ha! True.

Not to pick on the aged wonder (who apparently has larger responsibilities and can no longer post here) but there is a lot of truth in that statement. And I think it's an interesting question.

Why did Colt receive a huge pass from many and Brandon is hated from the jump? I think Weeden is simply going to be the scapegoat for another unsuccessful Browns FO. He will ultimately be remembered as the desperate attempt to save jobs and protect a legacy. When the truck stop king blows this whole thing out of the water in January, poor number 3 will be the poster child for Holmgren's failed tenure.

I feel sorry for the guy (almost wrote "kid" - except he's not)already and he's only played one game.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 am

peeker643 wrote:Personally, a mid 3rd round flyer is a roll of the dice that doesn't cost you nearly as much uin terms of acquisition costs or first contract salary.

Moving up to get a 29 yr old in the first round is a much bigger commitment in money, years and status.

It ain't Weeden. It's the cost of Weeden and the value of what was purchased. I personally didn't and don't think it was worth it. Not even close. And Holmgren aion't out there on Sunday to boo and mock.

Weeden wears that disgust and disenchantment for the organization.

YMMV

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Ha! True.

Agreed. My thoughts, except you have managed to articulate them better.
mattvan1

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 am

Triple-S wrote:Not to make Haslem out to be a franchise savior to rescuse, but I mean the reports are that he was at Shurmer's PC watching him, and has been actually within the building, unlike Lerner.

does that mean a damn thing? No. He could be a clueless buffoom that makes senile Al Davis look articulate and football smart. But I got to believe that he somewhat sees the same shit we do, and if things don't look good come week 17, I think we could be seeing some changes.

Guy's been at all the games as well. What does it mean? Well that he's taken an interest in the product he bought for one. Do I beleive he's going to look at it from a fan's perspective? Not as much as the fans would like to belive he will. He's a business man and the bottom line is his main focus. I'm sure he hears customers bitch about the rising cost of gas at the Flying J's, doesn't mean he's going to drop the cost to please them.

He's probably in house watching the way this regime is doing things and the way they conduct themselves and then taking his findings and going back to his consultants to see what actions they should pursue.

I'm sure if he wants the fans perspective, he could go the Jammies route and take a meeting w/ Dawg Pound Mike, Big Dawg, Bone Lady and all the real fans to find out this organizations short comings.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

peeker643 wrote:Personally, a mid 3rd round flyer is a roll of the dice that doesn't cost you nearly as much uin terms of acquisition costs or first contract salary.

Moving up to get a 29 yr old in the first round is a much bigger commitment in money, years and status. .....

Really its strictly the Value of the 1st rounder. Which is large.

But when it comes to commitment in years and money, thats actually a silver lining, not a detriment, at least compared to years past. Weeden has a 4 year 8 million dollar contract, and only 3 of those were guaranteed. Thats maybe the most cuttable 1st Round QB contract I've ever seen. And when a new regime rolls in it just makes it all the more likely that they make the decisions on him with no bias toward financial impact and no personal ego.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38 am

It ain't Weeden. It's the cost of Weeden and the value of what was purchased. I personally didn't and don't think it was worth it. Not even close. And Holmgren ain't out there on Sunday to boo and mock.

Weeden wears that disgust and disenchantment for the organization from people like me who think he's destined to be ordinary at best.

YMMV

I don't feel bad for Weeden, he's a pro athlete, if he wants to be successful he needs to deal with shit like this.

It's just that if the fans are going with the childish unapologetic misplaced venom approach, Colt is just as big (if not bigger) a badge of that failure. Sure, his selection spot is less painful, but they blew a whole year on him, giving him a shot he didn't earn. Yet poor l'il Cutie Pie is somehow a victim (probably cuz he whined to the press that he was a victim and we are cursed with the dumbest fanbase in all of sports).

They should've cut Colt the second they drafted Weeden, just to say to the fans "There, this is the guy you're stuck with, whether you like it or not! Unless you want to clamor for Seneca Wallace, another Enemy of the State b/c he isn't a Victim like Cutie Pie! If you don't like it, Fuck You, Go Root For Buffalo."

The Mistake That Caused The Second Mistake Is Now The Answer. Retard Nation has swallowed Cleveland.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:47 am

Personally, a mid 3rd round flyer is a roll of the dice that doesn't cost you nearly as much uin terms of acquisition costs or first contract salary.

It ain't Weeden. It's the cost of Weeden and the value of what was purchased.

First of all, they didn't "move up" to get Weeden. They used the pick they got from Atlanta in last year's draft.

Secondly, I agree that rolling the dice on a 3rd round QB isn't a big deal, especially when you just signed 37-year-old Jake Delhomme to be your starter.

Lastly, as desparate as the Browns QB situation was last April, I have no problem with using a late 1st round pick on a QB with a cannon for an arm that completed 71% of his passes in college and led his team to a 12-1 record including wins over RG3 and Luck. It might not work out, but it was a risk worth taking.

The alternative was to draft Schwartz at #22 and get a linebacker or something at #34. Given the importance of the QB position and the fact that the Browns felt they will never get to the Show with McCoy, it was a move they had to make.

Now the Browns need to do what they failed to do for Kosar and Couch - build a great offensive line. Weeden's weakness in college, from the reports I read, was throwing under pressure. Yesterday he was 3-for-18 when the Eagles got moderate to strong pressure. The Browns need to use their considerable cap space and possibly a high draft pick next year to significantly upgrade the guard positions. This will give them a strong running game with Richardson and provide excellent pass protection for Weeden to throw from the pocket with minimal pressure. If they build the offense to maximize his strenghts and minimize his weaknesses, it might all work out.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:47 am

NM, the point would be lost.
Hikohadon

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 am

Just to remind of us of our level of disappointment and suckitude, b/c that is really all this thread is worth anymore...

Are actual QB ratings that are 3 of our last 4 franchise saving starting QBs have had for a whole game.

FUDU

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 am

Hikohadon wrote:

YMMV

I don't feel bad for Weeden, he's a pro athlete, if he wants to be successful he needs to deal with shit like this.

It's just that if the fans are going with the childish unapologetic misplaced venom approach, Colt is just as big (if not bigger) a badge of that failure. Sure, his selection spot is less painful, but they blew a whole year on him, giving him a shot he didn't earn. Yet poor l'il Cutie Pie is somehow a victim (probably cuz he whined to the press that he was a victim and we are cursed with the dumbest fanbase in all of sports).

They should've cut Colt the second they drafted Weeden, just to say to the fans "There, this is the guy you're stuck with, whether you like it or not! Unless you want to clamor for Seneca Wallace, another Enemy of the State b/c he isn't a Victim like Cutie Pie! If you don't like it, Fuck You, Go Root For Buffalo."

The Mistake That Caused The Second Mistake Is Now The Answer. Retard Nation has swallowed Cleveland.

Brian and have explained it to you Chris. It is unfortunate that you cannot accept the truth, as dysfunctional as it may be. Yes, I have misplaced venom, and because I don't get bent over by DirectTV every fall to see Walrus in a golf cart every Sunday, I have chosen to direct my hate at Brandon Weeden.

My name is Matt, and I'm a Browns fan.
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am

Prosecutor wrote:

It ain't Weeden. It's the cost of Weeden and the value of what was purchased.

First of all, they didn't "move up" to get Weeden. They used the pick they got from Atlanta in last year's draft.

They reached when they didn't have to reach (in all likelihood). That's what I meant to get across. They did not move up, correct.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 am

FUDU wrote:Just to remind of us of our level of disappointment and suckitude, b/c that is really all this thread is worth anymore...

Are actual QB ratings that are 3 of our last 4 franchise saving starting QBs have had for a whole game.

So he's the worst one ever and not even half the QB the others are.

It's worse than I thought.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 am

Hikohadon wrote:NM, the point would be lost.

The point will be lost on some.

But please don't confuse that others more than understand the point you're intending to make but either don't give a shit about it or think it's a ridiculous point.

And make no mistake that it doesn't help your case to call people expressing their frustrations by taking it out on Bleedin' babies or irrational while you scream and yell that Bleedin' is being mistreated and unfairly abused.

Just sayin'...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:39 am

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Just to remind of us of our level of disappointment and suckitude, b/c that is really all this thread is worth anymore...

So he's the worst one ever and not even half the QB the others are.

It's worse than I thought.

;-) ;) :wink:

Hey, I just post to brighten your day, that's what I do.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 am

peeker643 wrote:

But please don't confuse that others more than understand the point you're intending to make but either don't give a shit about it or think it's a ridiculous point.

And make no mistake that it doesn't help your case to call people expressing their frustrations by taking it out on Bleedin' babies or irrational while you scream and yell that Bleedin' is being mistreated and unfairly abused.

Just sayin'...

You're too blinded by [insert childish emotion here] to realize that I never once said Weeden was being mistreated, only that McCoy shouldn't be getting any pass that Weeden isn't getting.

But continue to cry and whine and misinterpret and misrepresent as you "express your frustrations" as if we haven't heard your frustrations a billion times already ad nauseum. Please tell us again.

Because no one else is "frustrated", right? If we don't stomp our feet and scream at the gods, we must not be "frustrated" enough. Volume = Clarity.

Now, is there any way we can stop this? It's gotten really old for me, I imagine it's gotten old for everyone else. I just don't want to fight in front of the kids anymore. This isn't good for them. Just tell me what you want me to say. Whatever it is, you're right, honey. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Just sayin'...

You're too blinded by [insert childish emotion here] to realize that I never once said Weeden was being mistreated, only that McCoy shouldn't be getting any pass that Weeden isn't getting.

But continue to cry and whine and misinterpret and misrepresent as you "express your frustrations" as if we haven't heard your frustrations a billion times already ad nauseum. Please tell us again.

Because no one else is "frustrated", right? If we don't stomp our feet and scream at the gods, we must not be "frustrated" enough. Volume = Clarity.

Now, is there any way we can stop this? It's gotten really old for me, I imagine it's gotten old for everyone else. I just don't want to fight in front of the kids anymore. This isn't good for them. Just tell me what you want me to say. Whatever it is, you're right, honey. ;-) ;) :wink:

......and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin' Hiko, I'm tryin' real hard....to be the shepherd

mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 am

mattvan1 wrote:
......and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin' Hiko, I'm tryin' real hard....to be the shepherd

:thumb up:

Hooray levity!
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:20 am

Stephen Hill >>> Ginger + Gordan
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

McCoy never got caught for two minutes under the ceremonial flag before a game. ;-) ;) :wink:

Had he, I wouldn't give him a pass for it. And if I did,it would definitely be a short pass.

I never mentioned McCoy in my fun with Bleedin'. You're begging me to stop when I haven't started.

If Colt disappeared under a ceremonial flag tomorrow and was never heard from again I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Just sayin'...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 am

Hey, combine their names the right way and you come up with 'Brittle'!
Pretty descriptive!

And we can apply the 'no O' joke of Damn Jnes and Jhnny Damn to the Brwns.

HAHA ha ha ah...

oh yeah got a million of them
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL