Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Chris "diarrhea of the mouth" Perez strikes again

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Chris "diarrhea of the mouth" Perez strikes again

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:05 pm

We need to start a pool on what date he'll be traded this Winter.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/smal ... her-090412
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Re: Chris "diarrhea of the mouth" Perez strikes again

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm

It's another case where what he says isn't wrong, but he's not in a position to say it. He's right that you can't miss. He's right that Illitch spends money. He's right that Willingham would look good in this lineup. You just don't say anything about the team that signs your paycheck.

Front office is going to try like hell to trade him to Houston.

Too bad the Marlins just paid a ton of money to Heath Bell. Chris could be miserable back in his home city with a team that blows.

Also, for coz's game, I'm going with December 6.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

They should just fuck him and not trade him, just b/c.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 pm

skatingtripods wrote:It's another case where what he says isn't wrong, but he's not in a position to say it. He's right that you can't miss. He's right that Illitch spends money. He's right that Willingham would look good in this lineup. You just don't say anything about the team that signs your paycheck.

Front office is going to try like hell to trade him to Houston.

Too bad the Marlins just paid a ton of money to Heath Bell. Chris could be miserable back in his home city with a team that blows.

Also, for coz's game, I'm going with December 6.

Bottom of the 9th, Tribe up 4-3. Bags Juiced Two outs.

Ground ball thro Cabrera's legs. Game over.

Kipnis says, "that dumb ass catches a ground ball, we win."

What Kipnis said was true. But if he had half a brain he wouldn't say it.

And Perez has done this over and over again.

Again, I'm not sure Perez is saying half this shit with malicious intent, I just think he's a really, really dim guy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Nothing that Perez has said is wrong....... but, he shouldn't have said any of it!

The guy is lobbying for a trade without saying it directly.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Nice rant. If he would have said for Dolan to get the dick out of his mouth, as he told that fan in Oakland, it would have been epic.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 pm

“You can’t miss,” Perez said. “You have to be right. That’s why I say it’s not just ownership. They don’t make the trades. It’s the GMs. It goes hand in hand. The GMs can only spend the money the owners give them, but they pick who they spend it on or who they don’t. They pick. The owners don’t pick.

“Josh Willingham would look great in this lineup. They didn’t want to (pony) up for that last year. … That’s the decision they make, and this is the bed we’re laying in.”

He didn't say anything that everybody doesn't already know.

I don't care what he says as long as he's locking down wins. We have too few good players to trade them just because they're outspoken.

I'm in favor of trading him simply because we have Pestano and Allen to work the 8th and 9th. If Perez could bring in an upgrade at one of the everyday positions it would be a good move. It doesn't help much to have three great relievers but nobody who can get the team a lead.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm

skatingtripods wrote:It's another case where what he says isn't wrong, but he's not in a position to say it....

The problem is no one IN a position to say it will. Hell will freeze over and I will become a Red Sux fan before Mark Antonetti says anything to indict themselves of poor choices. The local mainstream sports guys? Harrumph, they're in the pocket of team management, or at least are hesitant to point out the flaws like those on this site. Kinda refreshing to at least have someone who is willing to point out shortcoming even if it is Foot-In-Mouth-Perez especially since Pestano looks like he would work if he has to step into the role of closer. ;-) ;) :wink:
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
“You can’t miss,” Perez said. “You have to be right. That’s why I say it’s not just ownership. They don’t make the trades. It’s the GMs. It goes hand in hand. The GMs can only spend the money the owners give them, but they pick who they spend it on or who they don’t. They pick. The owners don’t pick.

“Josh Willingham would look great in this lineup. They didn’t want to (pony) up for that last year. … That’s the decision they make, and this is the bed we’re laying in.”

He didn't say anything that everybody doesn't already know.

I don't care what he says as long as he's locking down wins. We have too few good players to trade them just because they're outspoken.

I'm in favor of trading him simply because we have Pestano and Allen to work the 8th and 9th. If Perez could bring in an upgrade at one of the everyday positions it would be a good move. It doesn't help much to have three great relievers but nobody who can get the team a lead.

So, to summarize, we should clearly not trade him, but we should trade him.

Sounds like a plan.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 pm

leadpipe wrote:

Sounds like a plan.

But only if he isn't traded prior to being traded.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm

He's an attention-seeking piece of shit, douchebag.

And Lead is right, it doesn't matter if he's right. Defending him is defending stupidity.

1. Anyone who gives a fuck and isn't brain dead already knows it is what it is. He's not enlightening anyone who pays attention. The Dolan's don't spend, Ilitch does and Willingham woulda looked good here.

Fucking astounding!!! What a goddamn genius.

2. Those that don't pay attention and don't give a fuck don't give a fuck and ain't paying to that cock-smoking fuck wad.

3. Two months ago he was telling us we were the assholes for not supporting a winner. Where's our winner to support today. Was it Dolan's sheer fucking genius that had them in 1st place back then? Is it not a bit the players' fault that they blow rat cock today?

Fuck Chris Perez. I hope his wife is a genius so that the new baby has a chance to at least aspire to be just run of the mill stupid and therefore brighter than her old man.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:He's an attention-seeking piece of shit, douchebag.

And Lead is right, it doesn't matter if he's right. Defending him is defending stupidity.

1. Anyone who gives a fuck and isn't brain dead already knows it is what it is. He's not enlightening anyone who pays attention. The Dolan's don't spend, Ilitch does and Willingham woulda looked good here.

Fucking astounding!!! What a goddamn genius.

2. Those that don't pay attention and don't give a fuck don't give a fuck and ain't paying to that cock-smoking fuck wad.

3. Two months ago he was telling us we were the assholes for not supporting a winner. Where's our winner to support today. Was it Dolan's sheer fucking genius that had them in 1st place back then? Is it not a bit the players' fault that they blow rat cock today?

Fuck Chris Perez. I hope his wife is a genius so that the new baby has a chance to at least aspire to be just run of the mill stupid and therefore brighter than her old man.

Fuckin' A
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 pm

And I don't give a shit if they trade hm or not. I want the FO to make moves that improve the team. If the Indians are improved by trading Perez, then trade his dumb ass. If they can't get anyone worth a shit for him, then fuck'im. I don't give a shit if he's happy here or not. He's a fucking moron who can throw the ball hard. I'll take him as long as he's getting outs.

As he seems to be one of the few valuable pieces that we can turn into something worthwhile and can be replaced from within...yeah, I suspect that he might be traded. But if they trade him for nothing just because he's got a loud mouth then it's just more evidence that this front office needs to be blown up.

It'd be one thng if the guy was at least funny.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 pm

this is the nature of baseball. Its not a "team" game, it is a collection of individuals forced to play together. Baseball has always been this way. Perez doesn't give a shit about this team nor any team, he cares about Chris Perez, so no one should be surprised he is dropping dimes on management.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 am

No, Meat, I said we should not trade him just because he's outspoken, but we should trade him because he's got value and he can be replaced internally, like Mother said.

That being said, as long as he's an employee of the team he should refrain from criticizing ownership and management. You don't always have to voice your frustration.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Spin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 am

I'm not comfortable with a trade. I have nightmares of Shaponetti trading him for Craig Counsell and $100,000 in small bills.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am

I'm not opposed to a trade as Perez could get you some value in return. My worry is can this FO get value in return. We saw the returns we received for top talent in Sabathia and Lee. Not confident that we can get value back for Perez.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 am

You could argue that Acta's comment was a criticism of management as well, just more subtle.

The Front Office needs to do its job better, maybe instead of stroking each other in the executive suite, they need to be called out on the carpet by a person on this team. At least Perez is doing his job and earning his salary.

If they end up trading Perez, but making better deals from here on out, maybe it wasn't such a horrible thing that he crabbed to the press.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

I've got no problem with Perez saying that stuff, just feel that it was stupid of him to criticize the people who sign his checks. Never a smart idea to open your mouth and piss off the one who pays you.

I actually like Perez, big mouth and all. He's got talent, and his act seems to just be a byproduct of the confidence he shows on the field. They go hand in hand, and it works for him. Besides, we've had way too many bland, meek players here over the past dozen years or so. One player who speaks his mind isn't a bad thing.

Now, all that being said, he probably is gone, and I wouldn't at all mind seeing the front office trade him simply because he's the one good player we can trade without necessarily hurting the current team, since Pestano and Allen would each just slide up in roles. If they can get a good young player or two for him, they'd better by God do it.

My only question is this...with all the controversies he's been involved with this year, does that hurt his trade value? Would other GMs want a possible distraction like him added to their team? If the Indians indeed decide they HAVE to trade him, will they be forced to settle for less just because his rep hurts his value? He's one of our very few tradeable assets that we need to rebuild...it would suck (and be just our luck) to get a less-than-ideal return on him.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:58 am

It might hurt his value if teams think we need to trade him, I suppose.

But Harry, his act is a byproduct not just of confidence, but also of selfishness and a need for attention and it to be all about him.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:My only question is this...with all the controversies he's been involved with this year, does that hurt his trade value? Would other GMs want a possible distraction like him added to their team? If the Indians indeed decide they HAVE to trade him, will they be forced to settle for less just because his rep hurts his value? He's one of our very few tradeable assets that we need to rebuild...it would suck (and be just our luck) to get a less-than-ideal return on him.

It limits the teams who will be interested in him. There's no doubt that small/mid-market teams, the ones that generally need a closer because they can't buy one on the open market, will shy away from him because they don't want to be openly criticized by a player.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:Nice rant. If he would have said for Dolan to get the dick out of his mouth, as he told that fan in Oakland, it would have been epic.

Im sure that was said internally.

As for Perez, I agree with above, what he said isn't wrong. Just cant say it or at least not in the way he is doing it.

Im more concerned with Antonetti saying he strongly disagrees. I really hope he doesnt truly believe that.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby cozmeesah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Im more concerned with Antonetti saying he strongly disagrees. I really hope he doesnt truly believe that.

Well, what was he going to publicly say? No way they'd ever say "Sure, he's right, we suck. We all deserve to lose our jobs." Besides, in agreeing publicly he'd also be talking shit publicly about his boss(es).
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Prosecutor wrote:

No, Meat, I said we should not trade him just because he's outspoken, but we should trade him because he's got value and he can be replaced internally, like Mother said.

That being said, as long as he's an employee of the team he should refrain from criticizing ownership and management. You don't always have to voice your frustration.

So, to update the summary, we should clearly not trade him, but we should trade him.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:

So, to update the summary, we should clearly not trade him, but we should trade him.

I think what he meant was "we should trade him not just because he's outspoken, but because he's got value and he can be replaced internally". The word "not" wasnt placed correctly.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:43 pm

cozmeesah wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Im more concerned with Antonetti saying he strongly disagrees. I really hope he doesnt truly believe that.

Well, what was he going to publicly say? No way they'd ever say "Sure, he's right, we suck. We all deserve to lose our jobs." Besides, in agreeing publicly he'd also be talking shit publicly about his boss(es).

I know he would never say that publicly. He had to say what he said, I'm saying I hope he doesnt actually believe what he said.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am

He's a pitcher...... Pitchers are worse than fart in a phone booth.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:I know he would never say that publicly. He had to say what he said, I'm saying I hope he doesnt actually believe what he said.

Is this a quote from Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson?
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB