Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Duncan DFA'd

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Duncan DFA'd

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 29, 2012

INDIANS RECALL RHP JEANMAR GOMEZ
FROM AAA COLUMBUS

CLEVELAND, OH-The Cleveland Indians today announced the club has recalled RHP JEANMAR GOMEZ from Triple-A Columbus. To clear room on the 25-man roster for Gomez the Indians designated OF SHELLEY DUNCAN for assignment.

Gomez, 24, has split the season between Cleveland and Columbus after opening the season in the starting rotation for the Indians. He was with the parent club thru June 23rd, going 4-7 with 5.18 ERA in 14 games/13 starts (73.0IP, 75H, 42ER, 26BB, 35K, .265AVG) before being assigned to Columbus. With the Clippers he has gone 6-5 with a 4.41 ERA in 11 starts (69.1IP, 75H, 34ER, 17BB, 54K, .273AVG). He wears #58.

Duncan has spent the entire season to date with Cleveland, hitting .203 (47-232) with 10 doubles, 11 HR & 31 RBI in 81 games.
---tribe---
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Duncan DFA'd

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Kotchman must have the same photos of Dolan having sex with a donkey that Shapiro has.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Kotchman must have the same photos of Dolan having sex with a donkey that Shapiro has.

Dead girl or live boy.

He gets paid one way or the other. If he's signed to an extension before the season ends would prove he's got one of the above pictures.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Also today:

Indians Claim Scott Maine
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 29 at 1:19pm CST]

The Indians announced that they claimed left-hander Scott Maine off of waivers from the Cubs. The Cubs designated Maine for assignment two days ago to create 40-man roster space for catcher Anthony Recker.

Maine, a sixth round selection in 2007, appeared in 21 games for the Cubs this year, posting a 4.79 ERA with 11.3 K/9 and 5.2 BB/9 in 20 2/3 innings. The 27-year-old has had high strikeout and walk rates throughout his professional career. In parts of six minor league seasons, Maine has a 3.28 ERA with 10.2 K/9 and 4.0 BB/9.

The Indians note that Maine and Cleveland closer Chris Perez played together in college at the University of Miami.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:40 pm

No problem with dumping Duncan, but surprised they didn't replace him with another bat.

Plus, Jeanmar has stunk in AAA lately.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

I am slightly surprised to see Duncan go now, if only because he's survived this long and the rosters can be expanded in just a couple days. It's a move that needed made, just one that I didn't think they would do.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 pm

I read a story on Indians.com that Manny said the Tribe were considering going to a 6-man rotation in September.

Maybe with Hernandez being day to day they've decided to go ahead with that plan a little early and giver Hernandez's ankle a couple of extra days to heal.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Gomez will be pitching out of the bullpen, according to Acta. I guess he can cause less damage this way.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:33 pm

dazindiansfanuk wrote:No problem with dumping Duncan, but surprised they didn't replace him with another bat.

You mean A bat, not another bat.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:39 pm

leadpipe wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:No problem with dumping Duncan, but surprised they didn't replace him with another bat.

You mean A bat, not another bat.

Good point, well made.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby 1Perry » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 pm

It should be noted, not that an average at best fielder hitting .200 shouldn't expect this, but Duncan has as many HR's as Hafner. At least he did show up more regularly to play.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 pm

1Perry wrote:It should be noted, not that an average at best fielder hitting .200 shouldn't expect this, but Duncan has as many HR's as Hafner. At least he did show up more regularly to play.

If you show up and play, and hurt the team by blowing, it should be noted that you would help the team more by not being there at all.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Best thing that could've happened for Shelley. Can spend time with the twins his wife had recently and doesn't have to attempt to give a shit for a team that's been circling the sewage system for the last 3 weeks since being flushed down the toilet 4 weeks ago.

Great guy, great teammate. Just can't play baseball very well.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby 1Perry » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:50 pm

leadpipe wrote:
1Perry wrote:It should be noted, not that an average at best fielder hitting .200 shouldn't expect this, but Duncan has as many HR's as Hafner. At least he did show up more regularly to play.

If you show up and play, and hurt the team by blowing, it should be noted that you would help the team more by not being there at all.

Hafner has done his job there.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 am

Damn, I was anticipating the second Duncan hot streak of the season that this team could ride to victory on.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 am

WiscTribeFan wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Kotchman must have the same photos of Dolan having sex with a donkey that Shapiro has.

Dead girl or live boy.

He gets paid one way or the other. If he's signed to an extension before the season ends would prove he's got one of the above pictures.

yeah Hoynes mentioned on his riveting podcast something about Kotchman resigning :gah: , I mean its not the end of the world if he came back, but it aint great either.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Spin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:yeah Hoynes mentioned on his riveting podcast something about Kotchman resigning :gah: , I mean its not the end of the world if he came back, but it aint great either.

Just when you think the Tribe finally updated their 2005 scouting reports, this...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
WiscTribeFan wrote:

Dead girl or live boy.

yeah Hoynes mentioned on his riveting podcast something about Kotchman resigning :gah: , I mean its not the end of the world if he came back, but it aint great either.

I hope not. I want to see the LaPorta/Lars Anderson platoon. Imagine the possibilities.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:34 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
WiscTribeFan wrote:

Dead girl or live boy.

I hope not. I want to see the LaPorta/Lars Anderson platoon. Imagine the possibilities.

Fret not. Diamondvision will flawlessly select an option that will net us .385 OBA / .795 SLG from 1B.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB