Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

POLL: Which team was the most depressing?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Which team was worst?

Cavs during their 26 game losing streak
11%
Browns during their 6 consecutive games without a TD
21%
Indians during their current 5-29 stretch
68%

Total votes : 28

POLL: Which team was the most depressing?

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 pm

"Any Cleveland team at any time" is not an option in this poll. As depressing as these 3 extended runs were, which was the absolute worst? And why?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: POLL: Which team was the most depressing?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:16 pm

The Indians.

Because it's every effing night and they teased the town with a mediocre to decent start and a similar finish would have put them in the mix in this division.

I knew the Browns and Cvas would blow goats. I fully expect it again from each this season.

Not that the Indians were ever elite or even 'good', but for four months they were good enough and that's all it would have taken to create late season excitement.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby bac5665 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Browns only because 6 games without a touchdown is just so bad.

Also, I can still read sports media and pretend the Indians don't exist. Even the Browns still get covered due to the national NFL craze.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Indians hands down. Very bad baseball. Enough said.

If the Tribe goes 8-26 the remaining 34 games. They will avoid a 100 loss season. I don't see it happening :bag:
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Indians because it's gonna take them longer than anyone to recover. They won't contend for 5 years now. Just depressing.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby 1Perry » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm

I believe they will avoid the 100 loss season but I still have to go with the Indians because I do not care as much about the Browns or Cavs.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 pm

bookelly wrote:Indians because it's gonna take them longer than anyone to recover. They won't contend for 5 years now. Just depressing.

My thought as well.
When you suck in the NFL and NBA, you have a chance to draft yourself out of it.
In the MLB, the draft is more of a crapshoot and it can take years to develop kids in your farm system. Turning it around in the MLB means either having a farm system full of near-ready players where you can either bring them in to supplement your big league team and become good, or a farm system where you have value enough to trade for solid pieces. As far as the system goes, it appears we have no sign of hope. To me, its a miracle we were ever in the picture this year, especially into July.

Our cornerstone guys are:
Brantley .291 BA
Choo .278 BA
ACab .274 BA
Kipnis .255 BA
And there is no HR production anywhere in sight.
That's not exactly a nucleus that puts fear into many contenders. These guys are only solid supplementary pieces. Heck, in '95 the Tribe had 6 guys bat over .308.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

I was actually cheering for the Cavs losing streak. Irony of all that is that if we would have a lower pick we may have gotten a better player than Tristan Thompson.

This has been bad with the Tribe, but there is nothing worse than watching lifeless, hopeless, NFL football.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby noahpoinar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 pm

I have to go with the Cavs. Do you remember how cold the weather was during that streak?
noahpoinar

Favorite Player: Mike Adams
Least Favorite Player: Semih Erden

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 am

It has hurt so much lately to be an Indians fan. My Mom got me hooked on baseball when I was eight so I've been through more wars than probably most of you, but it's hurting more and more each time they have to go through a rebuild - probably because of the diminishing chances of me seeing a championship. Although I spend limited time following minor leagues or off-season news I live and breathe baseball from spring training to last pitch.

Cavs were fun to follow when they were going places - mostly because our daughter has always enjoyed basketball and it was our way to talk sports. Browns moved the year our son started playing varsity FB in sophomore year. When they came back we were moving so it was hard to keep up with learning a entire new team and roster. Wasn't as much fun either after watching kids play the game just for the love of it instead of the big dollars.

I'll keep following these pathetic losers in hopes that they either get really lucky and win something big - or that somehow, someway Dolan is convinced to sell to a person interested in winning games rather than big bucks.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:24 am

As much as it makes sense to vote the Tribe on this, I grew up watching the Indians in the 70's and 80's. A season/team like this is nothing new and wouldn't make you bat an eye if it were 1984

I'd have to vote Browns. 6 games of nothing but field goals in todays NFL is truly pathetic
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

Tribe. Like Peeks said, it's every effing night. You get another chance to be depressed over how pathetic they look every single day. You eagerly await off days so it's one of the three days of the month that they can't lose.

The Browns only suck once a week and I couldn't care any less about the Cavs.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm

I was a never a believer in the Tribe this season, so I cannot say they were overwhelmingly depressing, it was some what anticipated.

Cavs season was a throw away season.

Have to go Browns, if only for the fact that football is such a physical sport and they didn't even seem to physically show up back then.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm

FUDU wrote:I was a never a believer in the Tribe this season, so I cannot say they were overwhelmingly depressing, it was some what anticipated.

Then you failed to understand the significance of The Best Run Farnchise in Cleveland's (TM) off season moves positioning us for a wild card and maybe ALCD title with the Best Rotation in The Division (TM) .

At least that's what Eye told me in April.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB