Text Size

No Holds Barred

Cal Ripken! How'd you do it?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Cal Ripken! How'd you do it?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:49 am

...I mean, between all those TV commercials, the Iron-man title and beating your wife on a regular basis during the steroid era of MLB, shirley you're not 'clean'....?

With stunning swiftness, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he dropped his fight against drug charges that threatened his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/2 ... z24T24vnL0
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Cal Ripken! How'd you do it?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:56 am

More of a sign of guilt or sincerity in not caring anymore (if he is innocent )?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to deal with that ridiculous shit anymore either. And I think it's stupid to strip him of those titles with absolutely no actual evidence that he did anything wrong.

And I think he probably DID cheat. With EPO, roids, or whatever. Just like I think the vast majority of cyclists he was up against probably were doing the same thing.

Actually, I think it probably would have been impossible for anyone to win the Tour without doing something. So who gives a fuck?

What's this shit about beating his wife, though?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm

I always like to throw that in to tarnish his rep of being Mr Perfect

Heard it right out of the mouth of a Maryland State Trooper who is a friend of a friend and has been to his house for that reason...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Was it the wife that stuck by him only to be dropped once the pop singer came into the picture.

Guy's been a phony for years, and while he is championing a good cause, he's also been hiding behind that goodwill for years.

Just like his statement today brings up "my foundation" ad nauseum, even though it has zero to do with any of this.

He quit the fight because he doesn't want the "proof" that all the minions claim doesn't exist to come out in court.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 pm

So top notch players from the NFL & MLB can pass these drug tests but when a mere cyclist does it is suspicious?

Gimme a freakn' break.

Witch hunt, no doubt in my mind. Why now after so many years?

No doubt there is an agenda here, initiated by whom is the only question.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 pm

FUDU wrote:So top notch players from the NFL & MLB can pass these drug tests but when a mere cyclist does it is suspicious?

Gimme a freakn' break.

Witch hunt, no doubt in my mind. Why now after so many years?

No doubt there is an agenda here, initiated by whom is the only question.

Suspicious is throwing your garbage away 20 plus miles from your residence, which a French crew caught him doing 10 years ago - and that was a witch hunt as well.

Suspicious is having double figures of his TEAMMATES ready to testify. Suspicious is the two tests they had consistent with doping that had the scientific backing to be used in upcoming litigation should this have preseceded.

And anyone with half an idea about endurance sports, and understanding the blood doping, and extra oxygen intake that goes along with it understands the impossibility of a clean rider year after year beating dirty riders - when THE DIRTY RIDERS WERE ALSO TOP ATHLETES IN THE SPORT.

Finally, not so much a witch hunt, but an attempt to clean up the sport once and for all. I can tell you this with confidence, got a brother-in-law who is a high level triathlete. Annually a USTA All-American recipient. Teacher by trade - travels the country in the summer. Can't find nary a one of those in that high level running/cycling/swimming/Triathlete community that thinks for a second the guy was clean. And this runs the gammut from people that get along with him, to those who think he's a dick.

Really, it's farcicle that it went on this long. If Ole Lance was clean he'd precede right through the court proceedings. Funny that when the abundance of definitive proof is now on the horizon he's "tired" for the first time in his life.

Tour De France titles;

Lance - 0
Lead Pipe - o
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:02 am

Some of the guys I ride with (that are into all that triathlete comp) say he's clean, some say he's not.

I could really care less how it turns out, but it ALL seems suspicious, the timing, and his new "I'm tired of fighting this" attitude as well.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am

Calling it a "witch hunt" implies there are no witches...... or dopers....in the sport of cycling.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:15 pm

leadpipe wrote:Was it the wife that stuck by him only to be dropped once the pop singer came into the picture.

Guy's been a phony for years, and while he is championing a good cause, he's also been hiding behind that goodwill for years.

Just like his statement today brings up "my foundation" ad nauseum, even though it has zero to do with any of this.

He quit the fight because he doesn't want the "proof" that all the minions claim doesn't exist to come out in court.

Not many cyclists aren't douchebags. That applies to Try Hard Weekend Johnny and his dumb outfit too.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:23 pm

You had to use a name that rhymes with Donny didn't ya.

I don't wear the outfits though, just the pants if I go long distances, you pretty much have to.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Orenthal wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Was it the wife that stuck by him only to be dropped once the pop singer came into the picture.

Not many cyclists aren't douchebags. That applies to Try Hard Weekend Johnny and his dumb outfit too.

Well, really, you could just replace "cyclists" in the above sentence with "people."

Cause just as I'm about to roll my eyes at the guy clickin' his way through the store with his "cycling shoes" and official biking jersey, I think about every sport, including ones I like and participate in and they all have "that guy."

Running guy who thinks people give a shit about his marathons, Golf guy who wants to rehash every hole, softball guy that spends 3 months worth of income on the lastest bats and on and on.

And if you need proof of the point that people are self unaware and take themselves way to seriously, well, just open Facebook.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

^No doubt. I just walked out of Giant Eagle assured that 90% might be a bit light on the amount of stupid out there...

ETA
At least that golfer is not "driving" on the road. I swear I'm gonna run one of those tools over. Share the road my ass, 'specially since they ignore most traffic laws. Hate them with passion.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Live Chemically
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Good for the cheating, dying with ditching piece of shit.

Fuckin worst of the worst and pussed out of going to a gawd damn impartial judge determining his guilt he was so afraid of the evidence they had.

The only better ending would have been OJ running him over in his car and then lighting one of his shitty plastic bracelets on fire.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Good for the cheating, dying with ditching piece of shit.

Fuckin worst of the worst and pussed out of going to a gawd damn impartial judge determining his guilt he was so afraid of the evidence they had.

The only better ending would have been OJ running him over in his car and then lighting one of his shitty plastic bracelets on fire.

Awesome fucking take!!!!!!

I feel the exact same way about Ripken

:salute:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Return to No Holds Barred