Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Haden Kicked out of Practice

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Haden Kicked out of Practice

Unread postby pup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 am

For being too tough and aggressive. Hmmmmm.

Pat says something along the lines of "if you want an update, go read it on twitter".

Not sounding like these two cats are on the same page.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Haden Kicked out of Practice

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am

If there's one thing I hate, it's a tough, aggressive defensive football player.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 pm

I guess Shurmer doesn't take much stock in the old adage, "practice how you expect to play".
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby rk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:43 pm

pup wrote:For being too tough and aggressive. Hmmmmm.

Pat says something along the lines of "if you want an update, go read it on twitter".

Not sounding like these two cats are on the same page.

He wasn't booted because he was 'too aggressive'. He was late covering Benjamin and jacked him after the catch. Sounded like it was a legit tackle but they're not supposed to be tackling. That falls under the 'undisciplined' reasoning and has nothing to do with whether or not someone was being aggressive.

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x133390 ... -out-Haden
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 pm

By all reports, Joe is supposed to be the model team player. Im sure tempers are running high after a few weeks of it, and SHUR probably got butthurt because Benjamin doesn't need any extra wear and tear on his little frame.

Non-issue, nothing to see here.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Put yourself in paddy McNephew's shoes. After coltconsussiongate, are you really not gonna come down hard on hits that might vioolate the CBA? I don't blame dude. And if rk's link is on, then he had to do something. But perhaps he overreacted.

Wrote it before & will again. I see an imperious streak in Paddy. And I believ he got it from his days as a captain in Sparty-ville under George Perles.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby rk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:By all reports, Joe is supposed to be the model team player.

I vaguely recall reading one or two reports about someone named Joe who plays for the Browns allegedly taking an illegal and banned amphetamine in order to stay out in Vegas partying all night.

So maybe not ALL reports.

That being said this is weak sauce. There's not supposed to be tackling so I can understand being yelled at or punished. Maybe this is the only thing close to a tackle that occurred during practice but it looked as much like Haden just grabbed onto Benji's jersey to keep from coming down too hard himself then it did he 'tackled' him. Maybe Haden's pulled down people a few times and this was just the last straw or maybe Shurmur just caught the end and over-reacted. And Benji went to a school where linebackers have a habit of stabbing people to death (ALLEGEDLY) so I doubt it bothered him regardless of how skinny he is.

BTW the original description of this being 'too tough and aggressive' is entirely too funny. Other things that are too aggressive now that I've seen the vid:

-Caspar Milquetoast
-Ghandi
-The French
-Clouds
-The Immovable Object
-Aquaman
rk

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

rk wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:By all reports, Joe is supposed to be the model team player.

I vaguely recall reading one or two reports about someone named Joe who plays for the Browns allegedly taking an illegal and banned amphetamine in order to stay out in Vegas partying all night.

So maybe not ALL reports.

That being said this is weak sauce. There's not supposed to be tackling so I can understand being yelled at or punished. Maybe this is the only thing close to a tackle that occurred during practice but it looked as much like Haden just grabbed onto Benji's jersey to keep from coming down too hard himself then it did he 'tackled' him. Maybe Haden's pulled down people a few times and this was just the last straw or maybe Shurmur just caught the end and over-reacted. And Benji went to a school where linebackers have a habit of stabbing people to death (ALLEGEDLY) so I doubt it bothered him regardless of how skinny he is.

BTW the original description of this being 'too tough and aggressive' is entirely too funny. Other things that are too aggressive now that I've seen the vid:

-Caspar Milquetoast
-Ghandi
-The French
-Clouds
-The Immovable Object
-Aquaman

Concur. It really was the tamest of tame drag downs. Seems like a practice toss was an overeaction to me. Having said that, I'm all for a coach who doesn't make an example out of the expendables but does so with his best player coughhackStormKelincoughcough.
jb

Unread postby pup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Well, the early reports mentioned there was something else brewing between Joe and Pat. If peeps want to believe a tackle where he did nothing more than dive to try to break up a pass and grabbed Benji's shirt on the way down is reason to get booted from the practice field, go ahead.

If the "go read it on twitter" doesn't tell you this is more than ^, I am not sure what would.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm

This must be the first time in the history of the NFL that a coach kicked a player out of practice.

Only disaster can ensue.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby rk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 pm

pup wrote:If the "go read it on twitter" doesn't tell you this is more than ^, I am not sure what would.

Um that's clearly a reference to the MoMass dustup last week. Haden hasn't been tweeting much in August and nothing he's put out there that I've seen has been something that would get attention from Shurmur. Always possible he deleted after posting it but enough people follow him that someone probably woulda made a deal about it.
rk

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 pm

rk wrote:
pup wrote:If the "go read it on twitter" doesn't tell you this is more than ^, I am not sure what would.

Um that's clearly a reference to the MoMass dustup last week. Haden hasn't been tweeting much in August and nothing he's put out there that I've seen has been something that would get attention from Shurmur. Always possible he deleted after posting it but enough people follow him that someone probably woulda made a deal about it.

To Pup's point, If I'm a betting man, there's probably a little somethin' beyond this one play.

But I have no idea, and I really don't think it's a big deal.

The good news Browns fans should take away from this is the definitive proof that Shurmy was awake at today's practice.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 pm

If only Haden had Eric Wright's aggression.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 am

Shurmur is a hack and everyone knows it. I'd be pissy too if my HC was a shell-shocked blunderbuss who would be out coached on Friday nights 50% of the time.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:11 am

The "Joe got booted for being agressive and a big meanie" report was the immediate story put out on this. It's always seemed like bullshit because obviously there was something else going on too. And like Hiko said, I never thought it was a big deal.

But, that's the narrative that was put out, and so to 90% of the moron Brown's fans in this town that is the TRUTH and nothing will ever change it.

Who wants to bet that we are still hearing about "Shurmer kicked Haden out of practice for being too agressive" in December as we engage in our annual debate on whether or not the coach should be fired.*

*"We have to fire Shurmer, he's a turrble coach!"
"We can't keep firing coaches!"
"But he's turrble"
"But we need consistency!"
"HE KICKED HADEN OUT OF PRACTICE!"
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 am

NFL AM this morning...

"15 years ago, there are no cameras, no mics there, and people never even know this happens."

"This happens all the time."

"Who knows what led up to this? It's really a non-issue."

Further evidence that the increase in media coverage of... everything... isn't necessarily good.

Any way we can use this incident to get twitter obliterated from the earth? :thumb up:
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

pup wrote:Well, the early reports mentioned there was something else brewing between Joe and Pat. If peeps want to believe a tackle where he did nothing more than dive to try to break up a pass and grabbed Benji's shirt on the way down is reason to get booted from the practice field, go ahead.

If the "go read it on twitter" doesn't tell you this is more than ^, I am not sure what would.

<----- has come around to Pup's thinking this is a power play on the last day of camp to send a message. This is a power play, althought it may not be anything personal. Just a way for the HMFIC to make a point and you only make that with the best players on the team.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 pm

I know there's a lot of Haden love/Shurmur hate out there, but Haden seems to be in need of someone getting him re-focused a bit. Especially w/o being able to rely on Adderall for help.

Honestly, dude was okay last year. He's a talented kid that was actually better in year one than two and who's going the wrong way in year three.

Maybe this knocks some sense into him. Maybe he has the same respect for Shurmur most of you do and Shurmur needed to make a statement or be more of a joke.

Carry on...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 pm

All in know is that if we don't coddle and enable our star athletes, they may decide to leave once their contract is up.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:24 pm

He's not a good head coach.

He's a position coach that parlayed that into being an oc.

I've yet to see anything from him that makes me believe he's an NFL head coach. Has anyone?

I mean at least with Mangini, and possibly Davis you saw flashes of competence.

It's only a matter of time until he's fired imo.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:22 am

Hikohadon wrote:All in know is that if we don't coddle and enable our star athletes, they may decide to leave once their contract is up.

That, and Shurmur is a weak coach who gets run over and doesn't stand up for himself or his team enough except when he stands up for himself and his team and is mean to Joe Haden.

Ole Joe would do well to remove his fucking helmet from underneath his tail-pad any time now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 am

Triple-S wrote:He's not a good head coach.

He's a position coach that parlayed that into being an oc.

I've yet to see anything from him that makes me believe he's an NFL head coach. Has anyone?

I mean at least with Mangini, and possibly Davis you saw flashes of competence.

It's only a matter of time until he's fired imo.

Look, I banged on his hiring to the point of board anarchy - I hated it then and still hate today.

But the reality is the guy deserves a chance with an OC and finally some weapons and another year of his system in place to see what happens. Plus he's got to understand that a regime change is on its way and it doesn't look good for him at the moment. He either does what most (except Lars ::doh:: ) feel is impossible and gets over the hump or he's almost assured to be fired. He's got to be feeling a ton of pressure.

So I'm gonna cut him some slack this season. Because unless the Browns really turn the corner, we're watching a dead man coaching.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Dude already got his grade for last year.

Don't have high hopes for a higher grade this year, but he hasn't failed any tests yet.

Gotta give the guy a shot since... well... what else do I have to do?
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL