Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Damn...this is just depressing.

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Damn...this is just depressing.

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 am

Like a bunch of you fellow (and one lady) friends of the feather, I was excited and optimistic that our team would produce this season. Obviously we fell way short. But the worst part is the bare cupboards. There's just not much to be excited about going forward. For like the next 7 years.

It's just like...a bummer man.

:cheers: At least we have each other.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Damn...this is just depressing.

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:25 pm

I think we have a couple squaws hanging around this teepee. I know I am and I know there are others. But I bet we could keep up with you fellows in the drinkin' department. Image

In previous seasons it seemed like once the season was decided that we wouldn't get into the post season the guys still played with heart and passion. This year it seems like they're walking through the motions. My only consolation this year is that the Red Sux are right there in the tank with us. For all their "We're gonna win another ring" talk before the season I'm enjoying watching the fans pout around here.

In the spirit of a true Cleveland sports fan all I can say is "Wait till next year"...
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Am I Here Again? wrote:In the spirit of a true Cleveland sports fan all I can say is "Wait till next year"...

Us too...
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 am

OldDawg wrote:
Am I Here Again? wrote:In the spirit of a true Cleveland sports fan all I can say is "Wait till next year"...

Us too...

Hey those guys saw the Tribe win it all in '48 and saw the Browns win it in '64, they should look a little more alive!
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 am

Last night during the M's game the announcers noted that the Tribe has been outscored by more runs in its last 24 games than any 24-game period in the team's history. So, it's official. Since the All-Star break this has been the worst team in Cleveland Indians history, which goes back over 100 years.

That's saying something.

They're hitting .214 with RISP since the break. It seems like every time they get two runners on, which is not very often, they immediately hit into a double play. I never before saw a double play where the batter bunts with a runner on first, the batter is thrown out at first and then the runner is thrown out at second. But the Indians managed to do it last night.

Asdrubal failed to tag a runner out at second even though the throw was there in plenty of time. That allowed the M's to hit the game-winning double. This wasn't the first time this year I've seen an Indians infielder miss an easy tag. The fundamentals just aren't there. I'm losing patience with Asdrubal's errors and his propensity to swing at the first pitch in almost every at-bat.

Can't wait til September when football starts and the Tribe brings up a few guys from Columbus. At least it will be somebody different screwing up day after day.

By the way, could everybody who argued that the Indians should be buyers at the trade deadline please step forward?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB