Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Trap Game

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Trap Game

Unread postby rigs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Is anyone else scared to death of Wednesday's day game in Seattle? Assuredly, we will lose today and then get swept by the Yankees. But that Wednesday game with McAllister on the mound is looming ominous. Our best starter against an average RHP on a getaway day could be the difference between another 11 game losing streak and simply a routine 7 gamer, and then the inevitable start of a new one on Friday.

The 11 gamer can only bode more well for a firing of Acta and Antonetti. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we are all worrying for nothing.
"I see Aaron Laffey as a front-end #1 starter"- Alan Pawlowski, STO, sometime this month (seriously)

"I will personally see to it that the Indians will not regret this trade"- Jerrod Riggan, after being acquired for Roberto Alomar

"Most GM's see Cliff Lee as a #2 starter"- Tony Lastoria, 2009
rigs

Favorite Player: Jeff Mutis
Least Favorite Player: Dave Otto

Re: Trap Game

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 pm

If you're going to be this annoying, at least change your sig line for Christs sake. ;-)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Who on God's green earth are you gonna replace Acta with that is gonna make one bit of GD difference?

Christ on a one trick pony.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:26 pm

The "fire Acta" people crack me up. Cause he doesn't get ejected. Acta should be getting votes for Manager of the Year for having this pile of shit at .500 through 100 games.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:26 pm

leadpipe wrote:Who on God's green earth are you gonna replace Acta with that is gonna make one bit of GD difference?

Christ on a one trick pony.

Terry Francona.

He'd have them in the playoffs.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 pm

rigs wrote: Let's keep our fingers crossed that we are all worrying for nothing.

Do you really think anyone is worrying?

Although any emotions a person might have for this team are for nothing. So there's that.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 pm

swerb wrote:The "fire Acta" people crack me up. Cause he doesn't get ejected. Acta should be getting votes for Manager of the Year for having this pile of shit at .500 through 100 games.

This.

I mean look at the line-up the Tribe has put on the field. I mean, it seems they've had over half their line-up batting under 0.230 the entire season. And they really haven't had a single player have what one might consider even an exceptional season. Three guys batting in the 0.280 range. And these guys were in first place on June 23. That is 100% smoke and mirrors.

I am sorry, but I never drank the Kool-Aid with this team nor for one second expected them to win the division. It was always just a matter of time before the roof caved in.

CLEARLY, the first half of the season was the fluke. Not the second half.

This CANNOT be on ACTA. But you can certainly make a case about the shortcomings of the front office.
A) You have an incredibly thin line-up (GM is responsible for talent on the field)
B) Your farm system is considered weak. (GM is responsible for talent in the system)
C) At the trading deadline, if we wanted to buy, we had no prospects to bring anything,
D) At the trading deadline, if we wanted to sell, we really didn't have much to sell.
That's a front office / talent evaluation / draft & prospect development / etc problem.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby pup » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 am

Acta blows goats.

He was hired because he would be another yes man just happy to have a gig. Said it then. Saying it now.

Having said that, WTF difference does it really make? Firing him and replacing with the next yes man who will stroke Shap's ego has this team in the same place at the same time. Firing him and replacing him with the best in the game, and we still have a lineup full of shitty LH hitters, no power, a pitching staff that would struggle making it through the old GCC, good defensive players at offensive positions, average hitters and shitty defenders at the rest of the positions and no help in the way until my 2 year old is draft eligible.

War Lord Shapiro!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby 1Perry » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Firing Acta will make as much of a difference as firing Wedge.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby rigs » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Rich misses the point on Acta. No, it isn't his fault. But he has no value. Fire him. He'll either get fired now, or two months into 2013. Get it over with now.
"I see Aaron Laffey as a front-end #1 starter"- Alan Pawlowski, STO, sometime this month (seriously)

"I will personally see to it that the Indians will not regret this trade"- Jerrod Riggan, after being acquired for Roberto Alomar

"Most GM's see Cliff Lee as a #2 starter"- Tony Lastoria, 2009
rigs

Favorite Player: Jeff Mutis
Least Favorite Player: Dave Otto

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm

rigs wrote:Rich misses the point on Acta. No, it isn't his fault. But he has no value. Fire him. He'll either get fired now, or two months into 2013. Get it over with now.

Him missing the point is the point.

It's pointless.

Like your posts.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby andrew6586 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm

ACab may have just had the low point in his career. He grounded out on the first pitch after Wedge brought in a righty to make him bat from the left side. He just made Eric Wedge look smart. He must be humiliated.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB