Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Sunday Ticket Hack

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Sunday Ticket Hack

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

FYI to those of you who have DirectTV. Call and bitch and moan about the channels that were blacked out during the Directtv/Viacom dispute. Then asked to be sent to retention. Be nice to this guy, as he has all the power to make you happy, including Free Sunday Ticket.

Worked for me. (I know a guy who works retention for Directtv and he taught me this).

Hell, bitch hard enough and you'll get free movie channels too.

Good luck! And keep at it. It may take several calls and/or e-mails but it will work.

And if anyone wants to switch to DTV, PM me and I'll be happy to give you my account number so we can both get $100 off.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Sunday Ticket Hack

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks for the tip.

Once you have Sunday Ticket, I don't know how you ever go back.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 am

They're charging me $300 for Sunday Ticket but advertising $199 - "lowest price in a decade". I assume that's only for new subscribers.

I think I'll call and bitch about it and then tell them I'm cancelling Season Ticket. Maybe they'll drop my price to $199. If not I'll cancel and then sign up again right before the first game. Maybe they'll think I'm a new subscriber.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am

Hikohadon wrote:Thanks for the tip.

Once you have Sunday Ticket, I don't know how you ever go back.

100%!
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby antikryct » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:18 am

Prosecutor wrote:They're charging me $300 for Sunday Ticket but advertising $199 - "lowest price in a decade". I assume that's only for new subscribers.

They split it up this year...it's $199 for the Ticket, then another $100 for the Redzone/web access rider. If you don't watch Redzone or use the web piece, you can cancel it and get just ST for $199...but bitching would probably result in a lower price.

I got it for free last year and am going to try again this year. Not sure how that will work out.
antikryct

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I called and told them I was considering switching to cancel BECAUSE they were giving Sunday Ticket free to new subscribers and that I, a loyal customer, had to pay $300 for the Max package (TV, Laptop, Smartphone accessibility). The girl was very cool about it and knocked the it down to $100 plus gave me free HD for a year, which is a $100+ value. So it is a net savings.

Trust me, they are used to people trying to get Sunday Ticket on the cheap. I've paid full price once in 4 years, and that was because I forgot to call prior to the start of the season.

And yes, once you get the Sunday Ticket you'll never go back.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 am

bucknutz94 wrote:
And yes, once you get the Sunday Ticket you'll never go back.

Good god this is the truth; I remember the first game last year (had the ticket for the first time) and we had 2 receivers in the living room, one with DVR service, and a third 35" tv with an HD Antenna (something like 20$ to buy) broadcasting the local games. (Either Baltimore or Skins in my market) Anyone can pop a laptop/ipad up for more games if necessary, or throw one of them on the red zone channel. Even have 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones they

3 games at once, in my PJ's, with something good cooking in the kitchen. Would get a good workout in first thing to make up for the shameless face stuffing and beer guzzling, then buddies would start showing up with food and beer around 12ish.

I'm as excited about the Sunday experience as I am about Browns/Skins football. Absolutely the best way to watch the games, without being in the muni lot/dawg pound.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL