Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

11 wins

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: 11 wins

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 pm

LarsHancock wrote:Hey Peeker...

If, say, Richardson needs a second surgery on his already-surgically-repaired knee, and, oh, I don't know, Joe Haden gets a four game suspension for taking Aderall in Vegas, can I get a mulligan on the bet, as the Browns would then be proven to be a cursed cursed franchise?

Hypothetically, of course.

All transactions are final.... I mean, for you?!?

Certainly.

You want to drop the number from 11 to 5 1/2 should Chris Gocong blow out an achilles or something? Guy is a huge part of the squad.

BTW, and this probably deserves its own thread, but this Richardson thing may be the most non-concerning concern of camp.

Dude biked for two hours yesterday. If your knee if fucked you're not biking. They don't want him getting hurt Friday and they don't want him playing against the best prison team in football when Detroit comes in laying down cheap shots from the opening kickoff on.

Anyone else see it differently? Any worries about TRich?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby General » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Bong!!!! The bell tolls for thee oh mighty warriors of the northern cellar. ;-) ;) :wink:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:

If, say, Richardson needs a second surgery on his already-surgically-repaired knee, and, oh, I don't know, Joe Haden gets a four game suspension for taking Aderall in Vegas, can I get a mulligan on the bet, as the Browns would then be proven to be a cursed cursed franchise?

Certainly.

You want to drop the number from 11 to 5 1/2 should Chris Gocong blow out an achilles or something? Guy is a huge part of the squad.

BTW, and this probably deserves its own thread, but this Richardson thing may be the most non-concerning concern of camp.

Dude biked for two hours yesterday. If your knee if fucked you're not biking. They don't want him getting hurt Friday and they don't want him playing against the best prison team in football when Detroit comes in laying down cheap shots from the opening kickoff on.

Well, he is seeing Dr. James Andrews now according to the latest rumors making the rounds for a consultation and perhaps a second cleanup due to swelling issues. I guess that should at least be kind of concerning.

Wow, weird how those exact rumors came to fruition after I posted them as hypotheticals, isn't it?
LarsHancock

Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Fuck.

Bet it was all that unnecessary bike riding.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Weeden's elbow sore too?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I hate this fucking city and the fucking teams and the fucking horseshit fucking fuckity fuck that fucking happens here seemingly every fucking time you fucking turn around.

Seriously..... fuck.

LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Certainly.

Well, he is seeing Dr. James Andrews now according to the latest rumors making the rounds for a consultation and perhaps a second cleanup due to swelling issues. I guess that should at least be kind of concerning.

Wow, weird how those exact rumors came to fruition after I posted them as hypotheticals, isn't it?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:37 pm

^There's a reason, amongst many, that I've started following soccer, esp. the Premier League, in recent yrs. and have been a racing fan for nearly 20 yrs. Fuck, if I only followed Cle teams/sporte, I'd be fucking suicidal.

PS: Where's the Weeden stuff coming from?
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Didn't see your Haden post here Lars. You could hypothetically still come out on top here even if they start out 0-4. They could finish 11-1. Shit they made Souldawg a pure football mod over at the other place, so anything is possible.
municipalmutt

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:^PS: Where's the Weeden stuff coming from?

It's the next logical anal rape, no?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:^PS: Where's the Weeden stuff coming from?

It's the next logical anal rape, no?

My money is on Gordon, in the conservatory, with the Bong.
municipalmutt

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:05 pm

If Heckert traded up for two runningbacks in three years with bad knees I may die of laughter.

BEST PROSPECT COLLECTOR EVER!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:If Heckert traded up for two runningbacks in three years with bad knees I may die of laughter.

Only other choices were a WR who got arrested twice, and just recently inked a deal, and a corner.

didn't sound all that appealing. Gun to his head, anyone would have made the same choice.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 pm

No, you do your due dilligence and NEVER, EVER draft someone with a bad knee unless your DR's signed off on it. And if the Dr's signed off on two in three years then you have serious issues.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mistero » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm

53 players, football is a team game. Next man up.
This offense is not going to get better by having world class running game. It's going to get better based on Weeden's arm and our possee of new WR's Yeah, Richardson is a nice RB. People get excited about RB's, but they are the most easy replacable component in an offense. Plug in Hardesty and Jackson and keep PASSING.

No time for feeling sorry, or boo hoo-ing.

Haden out 4 weeks means Sheldon Brown, Patterson,Dockery and Skrine need to get the job done. Team defense.Listen to Dick Jauron. Play within the scheme.

These are speed bumps not torpedos.

Richard may not miss one game. Phil Taylor will be back by week 8. Haden back by week 5. Gocong is the only guy we've really lost.

7-11 wins is still in sight. Full speed ahead.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby General » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm going with 11 wins total until JH3 sells the team after the Pilot/Flying J empire is reduced to an LC Carren on some broke-down corner in Tennessee due to the massive hemorrhaging of cash from the football operational missteps. :dingle:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No, you do your due dilligence and NEVER, EVER draft someone with a bad knee unless your DR's signed off on it. And if the Dr's signed off on two in three years then you have serious issues.

To go a step further, you NEVER draft a guy with knee issues that plays an inconsequential position.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:If Heckert traded up for two runningbacks in three years with bad knees I may die of laughter.

Knees in a running back are so overrated. Besides, Hardesty looks good apparently in camp, although it is a matter of time before the staph infection hits or he blows out his knee slipping on a banana peel or something.
LarsHancock

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:11 pm

mistero wrote:53 players, football is a team game. Next man up.
This offense is not going to get better by having world class running game. It's going to get better based on Weeden's arm and our possee of new WR's Yeah, Richardson is a nice RB. People get excited about RB's, but they are the most easy replacable component in an offense. Plug in Hardesty and Jackson and keep PASSING.

No time for feeling sorry, or boo hoo-ing.

Haden out 4 weeks means Sheldon Brown, Patterson,Dockery and Skrine need to get the job done. Team defense.Listen to Dick Jauron. Play within the scheme.

These are speed bumps not torpedos.

Richard may not miss one game. Phil Taylor will be back by week 8. Haden back by week 5. Gocong is the only guy we've really lost.

7-11 wins is still in sight. Full speed ahead.

this guy, he gets it. :thumb up:
LarsHancock

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:16 pm

LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Certainly.

I could text Dr. Andrews and have an appointment for Friday, however it doesn't dismiss the need for speculative worry one bit.

OIC
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:20 pm

LarsHancock wrote:

Knees in a running back are so overrated. Besides, Hardesty looks good apparently in camp, although it is a matter of time before the staph infection hits or he blows out his knee slipping on a banana peel or something.

Yeah, always a good thing when an injured RB you traded up in the 2nd round for is finally healthy three years after you drafted him.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 am

LarsHancock wrote: staph

This was why my mood lightened when I heard TR was shipping off to FL.

Is the Weeden sore arm thing just camp-arm? I thought that was McCoy's job, to get the sore arm?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby swerb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Bump. ;-) ;) :wink:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:31 pm

11 losses
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:04 am

Browns wouldn't win 11 games if 11 team planes or buses crashed en route to the stadiums.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 am

I could give Lars last night's win and drop the bet to 7 games and still win easily.

I won't, of course.

But I could.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 am

I don't think the Browns stat box has changed more than 2% in the past 13 yrs

Fuk the Brass Ring...

Mediocrity should be the goal

...and oh yeah, bye bye Fritz...you brain dead fucking lackey
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby LarsHancock » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 am

Um.... yeah.....

By the way, did Dick Jauron really have Buster Skrine in bump and run on Megatron, and leave Patterson 1:1 on him? Somebody please tell me that there is some sort of vanilla preseason defense excuse for that...

There were pockets of hope, right up to the point where someone got injured on every play and you realized there is absolutely nobody in depth behind them. Travis Benjamin looks good!

Maybe Bane will hit Pittsburgh during the Ravens game. That will give me 4 wins and I'll only need... crikey...

Is 8:42 Am too early to drink?
LarsHancock

Unread postby mistero » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh well, first preseason game wasn't one for the ages. I guess same old same old. 2013 draft anyone? :spanky:
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:49 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Browns wouldn't win 11 games if 11 team planes or buses crashed en route to the stadiums.

Wat if they each crashed into another team, meaning 22 NFL teams were destroyed and only they and tyhe bottom 9 were left?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

jb wrote:
GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Browns wouldn't win 11 games if 11 team planes or buses crashed en route to the stadiums.

Wat if they each crashed into another team, meaning 22 NFL teams were destroyed and only they and tyhe bottom 9 were left?

7-9. Still.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 am

In before the pendulum swings the opposite way when Weeds goes 9-14 for 160 and a td against GB's shit secondary tomorrow and all the clecomers go apeshit.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:In before the pendulum swings the opposite way when Weeds goes 9-14 for 160 and a td against GB's shit secondary tomorrow and all the clecomers go apeshit.

I really don't get the mercurialism over Weeds. Nothing happened that wasn't expected within the band of realistic expectations. Rookie is as rookie does. Until he learns his limits the hard way and the WR's get a clue there will be as much fugliness as in a case of Old Frothingslosh punctuated by some awesomeness. I thought it was encouraging that he stood tough in the pocket without yips or happy feet or throwing of wrong feet in panic when Lavao was scratiching his ass and Scwartz was welcomed to the Sunday world of wide 9. Seeing as Peeker assurred me he was screwed in this regard without having seen him play an NFL down given a few comments from Joe Billy's draft site & all. ;-) ;) :wink:
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 pm

jb wrote: Seeing as Peeker assurred me he was screwed in this regard without having seen him play an NFL down given a few comments from Joe Billy's draft site & all. ;-) ;) :wink:

I apologize. He was marvelous. :nanner:

Seriously. I can't remember the last 3/9 for an INT and a fumble lost with a sack that was more encouraging and that completely blew up the thought he was a statue that didn't handle pressure well.

And really, aside from the fumble and the int and the sack, he killed that notion.

He does throw hard though. And he didn't puke.

Canton!!!!!!!!

It's all good. We know no more today that when they took him way too high. I'll be amazed if he doesn't get killed between now and December, actually.

I do know this: If he'd have been 8/10 for 120 and a TD the preseason Game 1 would be far more "meaningful" than it it is with 3/9 w/int and fumble.

Bleedat.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 am

Code: Select all
[i] I'll be amazed if he doesn't get killed between now and December, actually.
[/i]

Heh....that's the same thing I said about McCoy last yr when the "What do you consider a successful season for McCoy?" thread was posted
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote: Seeing as Peeker assurred me he was screwed in this regard without having seen him play an NFL down given a few comments from Joe Billy's draft site & all. ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously. I can't remember the last 3/9 for an INT and a fumble lost with a sack that was more encouraging and that completely blew up the thought he was a statue that didn't handle pressure well.

And really, aside from the fumble and the int and the sack, he killed that notion.

Canton!!!!!!!!

It's all good. We know no more today that when they took him way too high. I'll be amazed if he doesn't get killed between now and December, actually.

I do know this: If he'd have been 8/10 for 120 and a TD the preseason Game 1 would be far more "meaningful" than it it is with 3/9 w/int and fumble.

Bleedat.

The dripping petulism aside :nanner: ;-) ;) :wink: I agree with almost all of this.

We have a very good QB prospect, arguably at this point better than anyone coming out this draft, who is a raw rook. We had that 2 weeks ago and we will tonight at 10pm.

Lots of patience to be exercized by the non-Kult of Kolt members.

PS - The "fumble" was a terrible call bu the scabs, errrrr right to work refs. Ray Charles could have called that an inc. It was so blatant, even Eye may have agreed, but I doubt it, unless it were Brady or Hoyer.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't know what e0y2e3 would agree with. If it's dark outside and we say its dark, he'll argue it's not or that there's enough ambient light that it doesn't actually meet the definition of dark. ;-) ;) :wink:

Not to mention I imagine him typing all his responses through lenseless colored glasses that match his vest.

I'm not a Colt fan. The fact he has escapability and mobility doesn't in the least elevate him beyond what he'll ultimately be. Had they ended up with Luck or RGIII I'd have been thrilled. I just don't see Weeden as that level and just getting better than Colt doesn't thrill me too much. If Weeden isn't the guy (and while I hope he is I don't THINK he is) then you're no better off here.

I do like that Haslam had nothing to do with the pick. To me it means if Weeden isn't the guy we won't have to endure 3-4 years of him here to justify them taking him.

All that said, I hope he looks like a Manning Brothers Production tonight and for 10 years.

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Canton!!!!!!!!

Bleedat.

The dripping petulism aside :nanner: ;-) ;) :wink: I agree with almost all of this.

We have a very good QB prospect, arguably at this point better than anyone coming out this draft, who is a raw rook. We had that 2 weeks ago and we will tonight at 10pm.

PS - The "fumble" was a terrible call bu the scabs, errrrr right to work refs. Ray Charles could have called that an inc. It was so blatant, even Eye may have agreed, but I doubt it, unless it were Brady or Hoyer.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I have no idea if Weeden will be any good or not, and, frankly, at this point of his career, I'm non-plussed about his performance. I'll care more about 6 weeks from now.

What does amuse me is that game one of the preseason has inspired this new album (not necessarily here):

It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Canton!!!!!!!!

Bleedat.

Weeden, at this point, is arguably a better QB prospect than anyone coming out of this draft?

Look, I understand patience and all. and even if Weeden is going to be good, he's gonna struggle for some time, but no, he's not close to being the best QB prospect to come out of this draft.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm

leadpipe wrote:Look, I understand patience and all. and even if Weeden is going to be good, he's gonna struggle for some time, but no, he's not close to being the best QB prospect to come out of this draft.

Piper - I mean the 2013 draft.

I am not sold in any way on barkley's tangibles for the next level and Wilson has to show more this year to pass Weeds scouting grade.

Then there's a bunch of "maybe" athletic types.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Arguably the best QB prospect in the draft?

Holy fuck, I may die of laughter.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Oh and the Ginger (like all Gingers) blows.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm

jb wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Look, I understand patience and all. and even if Weeden is going to be good, he's gonna struggle for some time, but no, he's not close to being the best QB prospect to come out of this draft.

Piper - I mean the 2013 draft.

I am not sold in any way on barkley's tangibles for the next level and Wilson has to show more this year to pass Weeds scouting grade.

Then there's a bunch of "maybe" athletic types.

2013? Maybe. We'll have to see how Tyler Wilson looks this year. Not a Barkley fan.

2012? Hells no. 3rd, with a gap between 2 and 3.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Arguably the best QB prospect in the draft?

Right, so who is head/shoulders better coming out fuck face? I mean that as a buddy.

Unless you really think Jones and Bray are the shit it is a valid take.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Hikohadon wrote:2013? Maybe. We'll have to see how Tyler Wilson looks this year. Not a Barkley fan.

This is what I'm sayin'.

I'm not blown away by this year's group coming out. To me, barring any metioric rise, Wilson is the only guy, and he needs to come up a notch to seperate. We'll see.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 pm

E0, you really need to stay in your basketball forum where you sound somewhat intelligent.

Or should we also take constant retarded dumps on your NBA threads b/c we just can't help being a douchebag?
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:E0, you really need to stay in your basketball forum where you sound somewhat intelligent.

Or should we also take constant retarded dumps on your NBA threads b/c we just can't help being a douchebag?

Ohh! Oohh! Mister Kotter, I know!!

(In loving tribute)
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

jb wrote:

Right, so who is head/shoulders better coming out fuck face? I mean that as a buddy.

Who was RG3 going into last year beyond a raw guy with high upside?

I mean chhhhhhhhhhhrist, proclamations about prospects that haven't played a down are just astoundingly stupid and far more agenda ladden than me mocking Gingers.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 pm

And if the 2013 QB class factored in ANY way into the Browns decision to draft The Ginger they are even more inept than imagined.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:

Who was RG3 going into last year beyond a raw guy with high upside?

I mean chhhhhhhhhhhrist, proclamations about prospects that haven't played a down are just astoundingly stupid and far more agenda ladden than me mocking Gingers.

Meeehhhhhh. I'm talking right now, and you know this. Everyone looks at the big board early and BSes. And everyone knows how it changes. Guys climb guys impload. water is wet. There's no need no call to shit on that.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 pm

I can't recall the last time (or ever) hearing someone who has a boner for a front office and rookie QB use the argument (before the season) that they like him maybe better than the college QBs coming out the next year.

It's just mind-blowingly agenda ladden. Like, seriously? And to use it as a defense after he played a rookie-esque shit first game?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Seeing as making any kind of assessment of an NFL career after 3 series of the first preseason game is not agenda laden.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

I was fucking around, as the only logical approach to answering a statement about The Ginger being a good pick because of 2013 QB Prospects is countering it with the equally logical determination that The Ginger blows because he sucked in three series.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL