Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Haden Might Have A Mini Vacation

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Haden Might Have A Mini Vacation

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:45 pm

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=2901

Just when I was slightly optimistic about this season. The wheels are coming off early this year in true Cleveland fashion.
municipalmutt

Re: Haden Might Have A Mini Vacation

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Gotta say, if Heckert is trying to keep his job, this is not good. A 1st-rounder with this issue, after a mediocre yr. is bad for the resume.

Oh, and TRich is going to Pensacola to see Doc. Andrews. :hide: Cleveland-biased prediction: Done for the yr.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Fuck this team.

seriously. fuck this team.

Even before the season starts they find a way to remove themselves from being competitive.

2 wins.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Taylor out indefinitely, Fujita supended, Gocong out for the year, and now possibly Haden four game suspension. Four starters gone on a defense with dick for depth. Add the distraction a new owner brings, and we are done before the first fucking game.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

municipalmutt wrote:Taylor out indefinitely, Fujita supended, Gocong out for the year, and now possibly Haden four game suspension. Four starters gone on a defense with dick for depth. Add the distraction a new owner brings, and we are done before the first fucking game.

And now its looking like Richardson is having knee issues. Out for the first preseason game.

Even if Lerner didn't put the restriction on moving the team, really who would take them?
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Way to go Joe. One of, if the thee most beloved Cleveland athlete right now and- fucking adderall? JFC I would love to punch a wall right now.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:55 pm

My guess; Marathon Madden session with the guys. Adderall and video games are like peanut butter and chocolate.

If it was prescription, then the league has no business getting in the way of doctor/patient.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Adderall is pretty awesome, to his credit.

Shit was like skittles at the Hop.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm

bookelly wrote:
If it was prescription, then the league has no business getting in the way of doctor/patient.

If he was prescribed it, it wouldn't be a 'failed' drug test.
If it was weed, I wouldn't be surprised, but adderall just doesn't ADD (pun intended) up for a guy like Haden.

I'm not saying it's 100% bullshit and there's no way he took it, because I don't believe that he 'unknowingly' took it. I've never 'unknowingly' taken anything in my entire goddamn life.

And adderall? It's great if you like geeking out for hours, not eating food, and not sleeping. I did read an entire book and write a solid B paper in one night on that shit once.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 pm

If it is on the NFL list of banned substances, it doesn't matter if he had a prescription or not. From what I understand, he needed prior approval from the league if prescibed by a doctor and also if there are other medications that could treat the same illness. He could have used those that aren't banned. Can you imagine how many NFL players would go to California and get an easy prescription for pot if this were the case?

"Pfffft, doctor's orders Roger dude."
municipalmutt

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 pm

The defense already is going to be starting UPS Drivers before the Haden situation even came into play, and now we're going to be down a RB.

"Minor Procedure" is Cleveland-talk for "Done for the year."

I smell 0-16 at this point, that's how cynical I feel at the moment.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby rk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 am

municipalmutt wrote:Taylor out indefinitely, Fujita supended, Gocong out for the year, and now possibly Haden four game suspension. Four starters gone on a defense with dick for depth. Add the distraction a new owner brings, and we are done before the first fucking game.

Huh?

Taylor is out 6-10 weeks. Not indefinite.

Fujita is suspended for a handful of games and is still in the process of appealing the suspsension. Fujita barely played last year.

Gocong is the definition of mediocrity. Getting fired up that he's out for a year is like getting fired up that the cookie store is out of chocolate chip cookies forcing you to get chocolate chocolate chip cookies.

Haden's secondary test still hasn't occurred per all sources so give it a little bit before completely freaking out. Also he can appeal which should allow him to at least start the season.

Richardson is more than likely going to be able to play day one.

Taylor and Haden are the two guys you worry about and one only misses at most 1/4 of the season while the other might be back by the half-way point. They drafted guys that should be able to help keep the DL from getting overrun and there will almost certainly be good CB/LBs on the waiver wire that can at least reduce the impact of the loss of Haden/Fujita/Cogong.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 am

A nice line of Adderall will make anything easier.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 am

municipalmutt wrote:

If it is on the NFL list of banned substances, it doesn't matter if he had a prescription or not. From what I understand, he needed prior approval from the league if prescibed by a doctor and also if there are other medications that could treat the same illness. He could have used those that aren't banned. Can you imagine how many NFL players would go to California and get an easy prescription for pot if this were the case?

To have a prescription for Adderall and NOT notify the league is more dumb than failing 2 drug tests.

There is no way this is for Adderall. Adderall is just the new "in" drug that players are copping to to soften the PR blow. This is, I believe, the 3rd failed test for "Adderall" in the last month by an NFL player.

And since he's facing suspension, this means it's his second failed test. I tell ya, we only draft geniuses in Cleveland.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:58 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
municipalmutt wrote:

To have a prescription for Adderall and NOT notify the league is more dumb than failing 2 drug tests.

There is no way this is for Adderall. Adderall is just the new "in" drug that players are copping to to soften the PR blow. This is, I believe, the 3rd failed test for "Adderall" in the last month by an NFL player.

And since he's facing suspension, this means it's his second failed test. I tell ya, we only draft geniuses in Cleveland.

Banned substances are automatic 4 game suspensions, not like drugs. That said, you are 100% right on the Adderall PR scheme as the NFL does not confirm or denial. The agent and player can control the communication. Aderall makes it easy.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Taylor is out 6-10 weeks. Not indefinite.

in·def·i·nite   [in-def-uh-nit]
adjective

not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact: an indefinite boundary; an indefinite date in the future.

So you know precisely when Taylor is returning? 6 to 10 weeks is a pretty big swing of uncertainty. Hell, he could be back in 4 weeks. That still makes it indefinite.

Losing four starters is huge. You can't spin this positively - sorry. Granted two of the four are stiffs (Fujita and Gocong), but they have no proven talent backing them up. You're optimistic and that's cool and all. My optimism for this team died when Nick Skorich was made head coach.
municipalmutt

Unread postby rk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:04 pm

municipalmutt wrote:So you know precisely when Taylor is returning? 6 to 10 weeks is a pretty big swing of uncertainty. Hell, he could be back in 4 weeks. That still makes it indefinite.

So by your reasoning everything is indefinite until after it is completed.

Sweet. I mean that's the right use of the term indefinite in the English language. Just not the right use of the term whenever it is used in discussing injury scenarios in sports. Indefinite means they have no timetable. Not that the timetable might not be 100% accurate. Since they have a timetable you are misusing the term.

Losing four starters is huge. You can't spin this positively - sorry. Granted two of the four are stiffs (Fujita and Gocong), but they have no proven talent backing them up. You're optimistic and that's cool and all. My optimism for this team died when Nick Skorich was made head coach.

Nobody is spinning this positively. But it's idiotic to act like the Brown's chances for the Superbowl JUST went down the toilet. Yesterday. When the entirety of the bad news was Haden will almost certainly be out for 4 games and Richardson will likely miss the next few weeks of practice.

The rest was all known a week ago. And sorry but people worrying about replacing Gocong can't honestly say they watched more than a single game last year. And that game just happened to be the Browns/Steelers game where he almost single-handedly stopped the Steelers at the goaline. To put it in perspective he had 7 tackled that entire game and 3 of them happened on the same set of downs.

The rest of the year he had as much impact on the field as I had.
rk

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Dear Pat,

Great first impression.

Sincerely,

Jimmy
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:45 pm

rk wrote:
municipalmutt wrote:So you know precisely when Taylor is returning? 6 to 10 weeks is a pretty big swing of uncertainty. Hell, he could be back in 4 weeks. That still makes it indefinite.

Sweet. I mean that's the right use of the term indefinite in the English language. Just not the right use of the term whenever it is used in discussing injury scenarios in sports. Indefinite means they have no timetable. Not that the timetable might not be 100% accurate. Since they have a timetable you are misusing the term.

Nobody is spinning this positively. But it's idiotic to act like the Brown's chances for the Superbowl JUST went down the toilet. Yesterday. When the entirety of the bad news was Haden will almost certainly be out for 4 games and Richardson will likely miss the next few weeks of practice.

The rest was all known a week ago. And sorry but people worrying about replacing Gocong can't honestly say they watched more than a single game last year. And that game just happened to be the Browns/Steelers game where he almost single-handedly stopped the Steelers at the goaline. To put it in perspective he had 7 tackled that entire game and 3 of them happened on the same set of downs.

He hosted a drunken and rowdy fan from Poland at a tailgate or two?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

rk wrote:And sorry but people worrying about replacing Gocong can't honestly say they watched more than a single game last year. And that game just happened to be the Browns/Steelers game where he almost single-handedly stopped the Steelers at the goaline. To put it in perspective he had 7 tackled that entire game and 3 of them happened on the same set of downs.

I would say that was a poor assessment of how Gocong played the last 5 games or so - all 5, not just one series of 1 - but it's yours to have.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby municipalmutt » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 pm

rk wrote:

You really like to cherry pick don't you? The entire point, that seems to elude you, is that it would be nice once JUST FUCKING ONCE to go into the start of a season healthy and lose the snake-bit feeling at the start of every year.
municipalmutt

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Dumb ass.

maybe he was part of a bachelor party and it was a mickey. I'd go with that defense and bring Mike Tyson and Chow as witnesses.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
rk wrote:And sorry but people worrying about replacing Gocong can't honestly say they watched more than a single game last year. And that game just happened to be the Browns/Steelers game where he almost single-handedly stopped the Steelers at the goaline. To put it in perspective he had 7 tackled that entire game and 3 of them happened on the same set of downs.

I would say that was a poor assessment of how Gocong played the last 5 games or so - all 5, not just one series of 1 - but it's yours to have.

Concur with Hiko. To me, the change came when Long Duc Cong went to SSOLB. he never did generate WS pass rush and was more lost in space than Dr. Smith. He was much better suited there to me before his career ended. We may as well be debating Jamir Miller's contributions now, though.
jb

Unread postby rk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:29 pm

You do realize that Gocong was slated to play WSLB this season, right? Which means at best the coaches think his play last year was beneath what they would get from Fujita.

He is a reactive player without the ability to make an impact. At his peak you have someone who is capable of filling a position. On a good 4-3 team he is not starting at WSLB or SSLB. He's great depth because he's capable of filling multiple roles but not capable of being very good in any one role. He is slow, can't beat most OL one-on-one, and tends to need help bringing down bigger backs although he is usually in position to stop them.

And they never should have let Miller go. HOF. Or Chris Palmer for that matter. ;)
rk

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:33 pm

rk wrote:You do realize that Gocong was slated to play WSLB this season, right? Which means at best the coaches think his play last year was beneath what they would get from Fujita.

He is a reactive player without the ability to make an impact. At his peek you have someone who is capable of filling a position. On a good 4-3 team he is not starting at WSLB or SSLB. He's great depth because he's capable of filling multiple roles but not capable of being very good in any one role.

And they never should have let Miller go. HOF. Or Chris Palmer for that matter. ;)

I'm not sure that the Browns weren't intending to use the first 3 games to make sure that whomever was playing the Will could handle it before making Gocong's move to the Sam permanent.

Also not sure that the Will is any less important than the Sam, so you get your (perceived) best 3 players on the field, even if it means moving the (perceived) better player back to Will.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm

rk wrote:You do realize that Gocong was slated to play WSLB this season, right? Which means at best the coaches think his play last year was beneath what they would get from Fujita.

Right. Fajita is a waste. Was hoping they'd recognize.
jb

Unread postby LarsHancock » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

A full month since the original rumor, and still no confirmation?

Does that seem unusual to everyone?

Could there have been some bad journalism on this one? Maybe he did indeed fail a test, but maybe he hadn't failed a test previously? Or maybe the four games wasn't as cut and dry as it was made to seem?

Or maybe they are just waiting to Sunday morning during warmups to announce this, to mess with us the most.
LarsHancock

Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:15 am

Confirmed this morning on the 92.3 by Holmgren that the appeal hearing has already occurred and they are simply awaiting the NFLs decision.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby LarsHancock » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah, five minutes after I post. Nice jinx doofus.

Hey, anyone hear anything about that giant bag of money that was supposed to be dropped off at my house?
LarsHancock

Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:14 pm

LarsHancock wrote:Yeah, five minutes after I post. Nice jinx doofus.

Hey, anyone hear anything about that giant bag of money that was supposed to be dropped off at my house?

Yeah, I didn't want to bother you, so I just signed for it myself.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 pm

LarsHancock wrote:

Its on fire outside of your front door. Be sure to stomp on it!
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Govbarney wrote:Confirmed this morning on the 92.3 by Holmgren that the appeal hearing has already occurred and they are simply awaiting the NFLs decision.

After 5pm, EDTY isn't it too late for this week?

Every day they can get Dmitri better is a gift.
jb

Unread postby ShadowDawg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 pm

He is suspended, appeal denied according to half time on MNF.
ShadowDawg

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL