Text Size

College Sports Arena

Tyrann Mathieu out at LSU

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Tyrann Mathieu out at LSU

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
A Les Miles term for...what? RT @RobRang: Les Miles: It was "fundamental behavior" that led to Mathieu being released from LSU.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
RT @SIPeteThamel: Les MIles said he expects Mathieu to transfer to another school. Wouldn't specify what the violation was.

Randy Rosetta ‏@RandyRosetta
#LSU coach Les Miles: "Permanent. He will not be back."
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Tyrann Mathieu out at LSU

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Honey Badger should probably give a shit about this...
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Failed another drug test. 3rd strike. Done.

Selfish, stupid bastard. The most instinctive game-changer I have ever watched at LSU, and he pissed it away.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Bayou,

Just a drug test? Are we talking weed here in your opinion?

Have to say, major props to LSU to do this. A game midseason last year was maybe not so much a surprise now. Looks like they hit the very last end with him.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm

noles1 wrote:Bayou,

Have to say, major props to LSU to do this. A game midseason last year was maybe not so much a surprise now. Looks like they hit the very last end with him.

All three of his failed tests have been weed, and they all have been LSU-administered (not NCAA tests). This is his third fall camp at LSU, and he fails an annual drug test that they give on the first day every god damned year. Ridiculous.

Also, I'm not surprised that Miles would give him the boot. People give Miles alot of shit because of the oversigning issue that they had with Elliot Porter, and his goofy press clips, but he's always been straight up with team rules and punishment. Before the '07 season he kicked off the starting right side of his offensive line for breaking team policy, then the next year he booted Ryan Perrilloux when he knew the only QB behind him was Jarrett Lee, who almost set the career "pick-6" record in one season. It's not just scrubs, he handles everyone the same regardless of what position it puts LSU in on the field.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Impressive behaviour by Miles. Gotta say, I like the fact that he tossed a star off the team. Should make you feel good about your team Bayou.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
noles1 wrote:Bayou,

All three of his failed tests have been weed, and they all have been LSU-administered (not NCAA tests). This is his third fall camp at LSU, and he fails an annual drug test that they give on the first day every god damned year. Ridiculous.

Also, I'm not surprised that Miles would give him the boot. People give Miles alot of shit because of the oversigning issue that they had with Elliot Porter, and his goofy press clips, but he's always been straight up with team rules and punishment. Before the '07 season he kicked off the starting right side of his offensive line for breaking team policy, then the next year he booted Ryan Perrilloux when he knew the only QB behind him was Jarrett Lee, who almost set the career "pick-6" record in one season. It's not just scrubs, he handles everyone the same regardless of what position it puts LSU in on the field.

Agreed on Miles and thanks for the details/perspective.

Probably doesn't hurt as well knowing the last few recruiting classes have been so good he can replace a lot of these headcases with nearly similar talent.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Doesn't matter. Kid taking over for Mathieu, Jalen Collins, is a 4-star redshirt freshman who is 6'2" and was called the most athletic player on the field by the team after spring practice.

Just reloading. Mathieu probably wasn't worth the headache after this kid showed up to summer practice.

Mathieu will own the NAIA's Southern States Athletic Conference though.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 am

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 am

McNeese State just got alot better.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

LSU had it's first scrimmage of the fall today. QB Zach Mettenberger threw 30 times, 26 of them directed at freshman starter Jalen Collins' side of the field. Baptism by fire, I guess.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 pm

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, I am not sure that the kid has a real addiction in the suck dick for cocaine sense, but he clearly has some decision making issues. I hope he gets some real benefit out of this "timeout" and I am actually rooting for the kid to get back in Miles' good graces next year. I hope he can get his shit together, he is a hell of a player.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:22 am

furls wrote:Well, I am not sure that the kid has a real addiction in the suck dick for cocaine sense, but he clearly has some decision making issues. I hope he gets some real benefit out of this "timeout" and I am actually rooting for the kid to get back in Miles' good graces next year. I hope he can get his shit together, he is a hell of a player.

Looks like he's checked into rehab and is receiving counseling from John Lucas

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ug-rehab/1

Maybe his rehab stint opens up the door for 2013? I guess we'll see how tolerant and forgiving Miles and the athletic department will be.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 ... 77316.html
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to College Sports Arena