Text Size

No Holds Barred

London Olympic Games Thread

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: London Olympic Games Thread

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 am

Squints wrote:Not that most people here give a shit, but the US just wrapped up one dominant swim meet. Yes, they didn't have the 8 individual gold medalist that makes the general public take note, but they displayed more depth than I have ever seen. 16 gold medals, medaling in almost every event, gold in 4 of 6 relays. Phelps and a few more are gone, but most of the same will be back. Sometimes it's nice to be the Yankees/Man U. I know that swimming is a niche sport and I'm fully aware of its place in the sports world, but it's a big deal in our family and community where we live.

Phelps will be back. Give him two years to cock around and stay away from the grind, and then he'll get the itch.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:42 am

Squints wrote:Not that most people here give a shit, but the US just wrapped up one dominant swim meet. Yes, they didn't have the 8 individual gold medalist that makes the general public take note, but they displayed more depth than I have ever seen. 16 gold medals, medaling in almost every event, gold in 4 of 6 relays. Phelps and a few more are gone, but most of the same will be back. Sometimes it's nice to be the Yankees/Man U. I know that swimming is a niche sport and I'm fully aware of its place in the sports world, but it's a big deal in our family and community where we live.

I'm old enuff to want to say they have been more dominate in past Olympics and wins by a half lap or more were routine

Same with track.....1st 2nd and 3rd seemed to be the words of the day....No more
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 am

Squints you're obviously into swimming, me I'm just a fan every 4 years, so how do you view Phelps historically as an Olympian? With his record for medals all the talk now is about him being the GOAT, etc.

Michael Wilbon wrote a piece on it, and I agree with him 100%.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/swimming/story/_/id/8222710/2012-olympics-phelps-greatest-ever-debate
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 am

FUDU wrote:Squints you're obviously into swimming, me I'm just a fan every 4 years, so how do you view Phelps historically as an Olympian? With his record for medals all the talk now is about him being the GOAT, etc.

Michael Wilbon wrote a piece on it, and I agree with him 100%.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/swimming/story/_/id/8222710/2012-olympics-phelps-greatest-ever-debate

Funny stuff coming from an OSU fan who never forgets division titles or can tell you who won the Meatchicken game in 1959 and who also makes an argument for our Beloved Browns based on 60 yrs of history regardlesss of league affiliation vs Alleghany Inbred Fan

I give it two thimbs up for effort, two thumbs down for opinion = 0 points

:thumb up: :thumb up: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 am

WTF are you babbling about.

Carl Lewis was the shit back in the day, he owned LA and as mentioned competed in a wider pool of talent (see what I did there) and had to have more of a multiple skill set.

I've been in Jesse Owens stadium, I know his place, unlike you I wasn't around in 36 to see him perform.

FUDU

Unread postby Squints » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

With today's atheletes and their "retirements" it wouldn't surprise me if Phelps made a cameo in 2016. Maybe one individual event and a relay or two- more like a victory lap if anything. But he has nothing to prove anymore, all the medal records are his and it would take another once in a lifetime athlete in a high event sport to even come close. I would bet money that he doesn't but you never know.

I have youtubed some of Mark Spitz's races and yes they were dominant. But the world has since caught up and in today's setting, this was a pretty impressive meet. We used to send college kids to beat up on the rest of the world in basketball, but now we send NBA players to eek out 5 point victories against Lithuania, but I digress.

I try to stay away from who is the greatest Olympian of all time. It is really hard to compare different eras, different sports, those who impacted more socially/politically v.s. shear volume of their medal count. Is a swimmer in 2012 a better Olympian than a track athlete in 1936? I don't know how you could answer that question but it would be a fun debate. I will say this- and yes I am biased- Phelps stats- 24 events, 22 medals, 18 gold over 4 Olympics. Pretty darn impressive.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:05 pm

FUDU wrote:WTF are you babbling about.

Carl Lewis was the shit back in the day, he owned LA and as mentioned competed in a wider pool of talent (see what I did there) and had to have more of a multiple skill set.

I've been in Jesse Owens stadium, I know his place, unlike you I wasn't around in 36 to see him perform.

lol

<---- thinks Jesse Owens was the best ever........and Bo Jackson could have been
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Phelps is a piece of shit cocksucker.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am

Nice to see the Olympic spirit shine through in McKayla Maroney last night. She blows her landing while the Romanian nails her two vaults, then Maroney pouts and barely offers any form of congratulations to the winner. Now if she had won, she'd have expected the world to bow at her feet seeing the media all but gifted her the gold leading up to last night. It was actually more fun watching her teammates in shock when she failed on her landing, then not 10 minutes later yucking it up w/ Kate Middleton.

Now the only question is did Maroney have a presser stating that she's only had 3 bad vaults in seven years and she spoiled us with her athleticsm?

Then to watch the opposite effect of the Games in the semi's of the 400m when James the winner of their heat asked Pistorius for his running bib.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Nice to see the Olympic spirit shine through in McKayla Maroney last night. She blows her landing while the Romanian nails her two vaults, then Maroney pouts and barely offers any form of congratulations to the winner. Now if she had won, she'd have expected the world to bow at her feet seeing the media all but gifted her the gold leading up to last night. It was actually more fun watching her teammates in shock when she failed on her landing, then not 10 minutes later yucking it up w/ Kate Middleton.

Now the only question is did Maroney have a presser stating that she's only had 3 bad vaults in seven years and she spoiled us with her athleticsm?

Then to watch the opposite effect of the Games in the semi's of the 400m when James the winner of their heat asked Pistorius for his running bib.

Maroney was a bitch. No other way to say it.

I guess when your life thus far has been spent being either validated or not by others judging you, you can get sideways like that. Her entire career came down to not landing on her feet on a vault she's probably completed 1,000 times. How she handled it defines her more than her athleticism IMO. And in watching her teammates I idn't get the impression they were crushed by it so much as shocked and almost amused.

The Pistorious thing was cool to see. And what a bright, articulate interview he gave afterward. I still laugh when I hear he almost wasn't permitted to compete because the 'advantages' he had in having no limbs from the knees down.

Though I don't know whether to be shocked and appalled that the Nike logo was on the blades.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm

The Pistorious thing was cool to see. And what a bright, articulate interview he gave afterward. I still laugh when I hear he almost wasn't permitted to compete because the 'advantages' he had in having no limbs from the knees down.

Just curious if you know if there are any parameters that he needs to stay within to not gain a competitive advantage with higher tech 'feet'

See: Flubber

: )
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:The Pistorious thing was cool to see. And what a bright, articulate interview he gave afterward. I still laugh when I hear he almost wasn't permitted to compete because the 'advantages' he had in having no limbs from the knees down.

Just curious if you know if there are any parameters that he needs to stay within to not gain a competitive advantage with higher tech 'feet'

He can't exceed one blade per missing limb and I'm somewhat certain that they forbade him from attaching any type of lawn-mower engine that would assist with propulsion. He finished dead last in the semi-final. Apparently missing actual limbs isn't the advantage the Olympic Committee stated it was.

Guy also must save a ton of money on running shoes and no one parks closer to the locker facilities than he does.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:The Pistorious thing was cool to see. And what a bright, articulate interview he gave afterward. I still laugh when I hear he almost wasn't permitted to compete because the 'advantages' he had in having no limbs from the knees down.

He can't exceed one blade per missing limb and I'm somewhat certain that they forbade him from attaching any type of lawn-mower engine that would assist with propulsion. He finished dead last in the semi-final. Apparently missing actual limbs isn't the advantage the Olympic Committee stated it was.

Guy also must save a ton of money on running shoes and no one parks closer to the locker facilities than he does.

haha

I'm thinking composites/propulsion

Do you really know enuff to say its impossible?
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

haha

Does not knowing enough ever stop me from saying shit?

Of course I don't know enough. Aside from seeing the guy get gassed by everyone in his heat.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:Nice to see the Olympic spirit shine through in McKayla Maroney last night. She blows her landing while the Romanian nails her two vaults, then Maroney pouts and barely offers any form of congratulations to the winner. Now if she had won, she'd have expected the world to bow at her feet seeing the media all but gifted her the gold leading up to last night. It was actually more fun watching her teammates in shock when she failed on her landing, then not 10 minutes later yucking it up w/ Kate Middleton.

I guess when your life thus far has been spent being either validated or not by others judging you, you can get sideways like that. Her entire career came down to not landing on her feet on a vault she's probably completed 1,000 times. How she handled it defines her more than her athleticism IMO. And in watching her teammates I idn't get the impression they were crushed by it so much as shocked and almost amused.

Though I don't know whether to be shocked and appalled that the Nike logo was on the blades.

How come nobody wanted to trade bibs with Tyson Gay?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Sucks to be Canada right now

that was some game of football
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 pm

leadpipe wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

How come nobody wanted to trade bibs with Tyson Gay?

Not sure, but Justin Gatlin is a cunt
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Squints » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Step aside Mia Hamm, you are no longer the hottest, best player in American history. Now just don't criticize Alex Morgan or Hope Solo will send tweets that say, "What about me!"
Squints

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

haha

Does not knowing enough ever stop me from saying shit?

Of course I don't know enough. Aside from seeing the guy get gassed by everyone in his heat.

I thought the same thing FMB. I just didn't say anything because, well, it's Peeker. We all know he's full of shit.

But the first reaction everyone has when someone dares suggest the remote possibility that maybe Lt Dan could have an advantage is outrage that anyone could even THINK such a thing. What would people say if he went out there strapping his new state of the art Fibula 5000GX Legurators and broke the world record by 7 seconds? I guess the only thing anyone would be allowed to say is "Wow!, What an inspiration! Just think of how fast he could run with his OWN legs!"

I'm not saying he has an advantage, but I can't stand the moral outrage any anyone expressing the thought.

I hope he shows up in Rio 2016 with pogo stick legs to compete in the high jump. That would be inspirational as shit.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:37 pm

I think all of you should GFY.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:53 pm

FUDU wrote:I think all of you should GFY.

It's hard to argue with that.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 pm

You know, Hope Solo might have been a bitch about Brandi Chastain, but my goodness does she have a point. As good as that was, it would have been better with just Arlo White. Chastain added nothing.

Oh, and Alex Morgan FTW. :dingle:
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 pm

FUDU wrote:I think all of you should GFY.

Has the imagination of an anvil ^^^^^^^
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Watched the US-Canada game with the 11 yr old just now. I knew the score and she didn't as she's actually at a week long soccer camp during the day.

Funny watching the changing emotions from almost minute to minute and the joy of the final Morgan goal.

What a tremendous game. The two Rapinoe goals were sick. The hand ball? :hide:

Maybe. As maybe as the delay of game that led to it.

USWNT is in pretty damn good shape with Morgan, Heath, O'Hara, LeRoux, etc. Even Rapinoe and O'Reilly will be 30 and under at next WC.

Just terrific drama and terrific skill when you get to the Quarterfinals and deeper.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 am

The guy from S. Africa loses both his legs so he could have a chance to lose in the olympics and Adam Miller wouldn't even cut off a single finger to pitch for the Indians. Pusssy.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 am

True story, about 10+ years ago I was at Oak Street beach in Chicago sitting on the concrete wall early morning before the air show started. This huge linebacker looking guy comes bounding along on a pair of those blades - first time I ever saw blades like that and he was moving pretty fast. He had both his legs (no amputations or anything) and the blades were about 2-3 foot tall so he looked like some kind of 9 foot tall giant.

One of the blades split in half when the guy was mid stride and the guy goes flying forward and catches himself in a handstand and then lowers himself down like it was no huge deal.

Very coordinated move, if it were me I would have landed on my face. It was early so not very crowded out but everyone that saw it was stunned. The guy seemed unfazed by it - - not sure how/why unless he was testing those and it happened lots of times before. He did seem pissed when he realized he had no shoes and had to walk the rest of the way to wherever he was going in his bare feet.

I always considered myself lucky to be sitting right there at exactly that time to see it happen. It was certainly more entertaining than the airshow.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:13 pm

A lot of interest for the finals Thursday.

You can pass off the attendance at Wembley as part of the British soccer fervor but it's another thing for the WC final from last year to be eclipsed for a game that will take place when most here are working.

Good chance I'm working from home Thursday.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
83,000 tickets now sold for USA-Japan Olympic women's soccer final Thursday. Will break previous Olympic women's record of 76,481 (1996).

About a year ago, the US Women's National team faced off against Japan in the 2011 World Cup Final, attracting an astonishing 13.5 million viewers to ESPN. The game, which Japan won in penalty kicks, was the highest rated soccer match ever for ESPN and even surpassed the 2006 World Cup Final on the list of top viewed soccer events in United States history.

As the 2012 Women's Gold Medal Game looms, expect that previous mark to be shattered. The final, which will take place Thursday, August 9th at 2:30 EST on the NBC Sports Network, is one of the most anticipated events of the entire Summer Games.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Squints » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:

USWNT is in pretty damn good shape with Morgan, Heath, O'Hara, LeRoux, etc. Even Rapinoe and O'Reilly will be 30 and under at next WC.

Just terrific drama and terrific skill when you get to the Quarterfinals and deeper.

Good teams the the benefit of the doubt from he officials, don't they. :thumb up:

Also, title IX has always been a hot button for men and women both and now that I have girls, my opinion has swayed to back when I was in high school. But look at theses Olympics- USA women soccer- gold medal match, water polo- gold medal match; basketball- a more prohibitive favorite than the men, volleyball- gold medal favorite, beach volleyball- All-American final, swim team- dominant to name a few. Yes, some people would say men's sports got screwed, different sides have different views. However, we can't say that we poured all this money into women's athletics and they didn't get results.
Squints

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Squints wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Good teams the the benefit of the doubt from he officials, don't they. :thumb up:

Also, title IX has always been a hot button for men and women both and now that I have girls, my opinion has swayed to back when I was in high school. But look at theses Olympics- USA women soccer- gold medal match, water polo- gold medal match; basketball- a more prohibitive favorite than the men, volleyball- gold medal favorite, beach volleyball- All-American final, swim team- dominant to name a few. Yes, some people would say men's sports got screwed, different sides have different views. However, we can't say that we poured all this money into women's athletics and they didn't get results.

Speaking of that, and I may have mentioned this elsewhere before, but my youngest plays for a soccer club run by Mark Mallon. He coached (asst) at Yale and then was Head Coach at Cal-Berkley. The program was underfunded and he raised almost $9million for what he thought was his program. The school gave 2/3 of it to the women's program ;-) ;) :wink:

Didn't go over well with the men's programs there. But yes, for those of us with daughters, it benefits female athletes tremendously. Not only in scholarship money that may or not benefit the girls, but in providing them with some added hope and inspiration that it's possible. And it only gets paid back in terms of kids who may never benefit from scholarship money or go onto be Alex Morgan but for girls who go into teaching and coaching and keep the line moving.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:39 pm

JFC....

I thought I'd seen it all when I recently found out fucking badmitton is an Olympic sport....then they actually freaking cheat at it...

Today I find out there is BMX riding.... :pigs: over frozen lakes in Hell, to quote another

Synchronized Treading Water started this shit

Flah waving, hula hoops, BMX [on asphalt no less] you can't tell the actual games from the opening fucking ceremonies fer crise sakes...its pathetic

<---wants to see sum handball...the game men played before they went sissy with raquets & crumpets
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey Fire marshall, just be thankful the modern Olympics are different from the Olympics of antiquity. Back in Ancient Greece, poetry was an actual Olympic event and the competitors all performed naked.

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:A lot of interest for the finals Thursday.

You can pass off the attendance at Wembley as part of the British soccer fervor but it's another thing for the WC final from last year to be eclipsed for a game that will take place when most here are working.

Good chance I'm working from home Thursday.

I was in Canada for that US-Canada game. So many were so happy with those late calls that led to the equalizer.

C Minus had a helluva save today. I don't know the name of the girl that botched the pass that almost led to that wide-open tying goal by Japan, but I'd definitely know it if that had cost them the game.

The Canada-France game had a great ending earlier. Canada was on the ropes all game and got the winning goal at 90+.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Squints » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Hope Solo is an attention whore bitch, but she represented today. Now she can go sneek Vince Vaughn back to the Olympic Village for an encoure.
Squints

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Squints wrote:Hope Solo is an attention whore bitch, but she represented today. Now she can go sneek Vince Vaughn back to the Olympic Village for an encoure.

The only thing separating her from guys like Braylon and many dozens of others in that regard is the fact she represented.

I only care about game time.

They can do anything short of killing or Sanduskying young boys in their own time.

The save after the Rampone giveaway was the ballgame. She was brilliant and so was Lloyd, Morgan, Heath, etc.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm

"I'm the greatest athlete to ever live" ~ Bolt.

Puhlease.

FUDU

Unread postby Squints » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Solo's Olympics were fairly pedestrian until today, (some of that due to the lack of being challenged in some of the prelims) which is probably why she got bored and tweeted. However, the great ones rise to the occasion, when needed on the biggest stage and she absolutely did it today along with the others.

And...if my name was Destiny Hooker, I'd look in to a name change.
Squints

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Squints wrote:Solo's Olympics were fairly pedestrian until today, (some of that due to the lack of being challenged in some of the prelims) which is probably why she got bored and tweeted. However, the great ones rise to the occasion, when needed on the biggest stage and she absolutely did it today along with the others.

And...if my name was Destiny Hooker, I'd look in to a name change.

See that girl hit a freaking volleyball though? Jeezus.

And she's good looking too.

Best looking Olympics of all time IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 am

I don't know what Hope Solo said on Twitter and I don't ever want to know. Reason #784 not to have Twitter.

Like I need a reason to dislike professional athletes more.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I don't know what Hope Solo said on Twitter and I don't ever want to know. Reason #784 not to have Twitter.

She stuck up for a teammate she felt was being unfairly criticized by an NBC talking head, and everyone at the WWL who wasn't at Jets training camp acted like it was a real story.

P.S. She also has a book due out next week, but I'm positive that the attention grabbing was in no way related. As an aside, NBC downplayed the issue, while ESPN covered it like she exchanged her game jersey for free tats.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I don't know what Hope Solo said on Twitter and I don't ever want to know. Reason #784 not to have Twitter.

She stuck up for a teammate she felt was being unfairly criticized by an NBC talking head, and everyone at the WWL who wasn't at Jets training camp acted like it was a real story.

P.S. She also has a book due out next week, but I'm positive that the attention grabbing was in no way related. As an aside, NBC downplayed the issue, while ESPN covered it like she exchanged her game jersey for free tats.

There are about 3 things in this short post that made me laugh.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

I put ESPN in the Twitter/NBA basket about 4 months ago, which means they're on my Ignore list. The WWL IS the Twitter of Sports broadcasting. Unless they're showing a game I want to watch, there's absolutely no reason to turn on that channel.

Ah, blissful ignorance...
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Agree by and large, but I still love to listen to and read/follow Scott Van Pelt and Ryan Rusillo.

They entertain me. The others there just anger me.

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

I put ESPN in the Twitter/NBA basket about 4 months ago, which means they're on my Ignore list. The WWL IS the Twitter of Sports broadcasting. Unless they're showing a game I want to watch, there's absolutely no reason to turn on that channel.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:They entertain me. The others there just anger me.

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

I'm guessing that applies to a few people in here as well.

FUDU

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred